Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']I feel the same. I want to get into some more of the casual stuff but I honestly have no idea where to start and it's all overwhelming. Gray Matter I went for because I knew of Jane Jensen but I'm sure there are others I would enjoy as well and just don't know it yet.

I wish there were some better way to sort through those games and get more info on them. Most of them desperately need more reviews too. Maybe they could give some away to Amazon Vine members to review or do a free casual game of the day like the Android store. Heck, I've even wondered if they could do some sort of benefit for Prime members like free access to lower tier casual games (sort of like Amazon Video on Demand free Prime vs paid etc).

Also more demos or maybe a 'try before you buy feature' like the Amazon Android store has or Gaikai could be good. I just think most of the casual games really need more exposure, but maybe that's because I've not really been in that sphere so much in the past. I'm sure there must be some place casual players gather and chat about games.

Big Fish? They have a few things on Amazon, also some on Steam, iTunes, Android etc so they do sell elsewhere but it does seem like only a small portion of their library is available for sale elsewhere and I'm not sure how they decide what gets sold via third parties.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Big Fish. I have like 10 of their games I've gotten for free over the years, but have never actually purchased a game from them. I feel their site/club reminds me way too much of one of those BMG music buying club things. I hate inflated prices, but there are always coupons to get their stuff for 2.99. I hate them re-releasing games as collector's editions and trying to charge double. I hate the idea of only being able to get a good deal on games if I join a club and commit myself to buying full price games every years, etc.

Coincidentally, both Big Fish and Amazon offer 30 minute trials on almost all of their truely casual games. I say truely casual, because Adventure games like Gray Matter and Black Mirror have larger files and are more involved with installation, etc. Casual casual games are usually more like puzzle, word puzzles, time management, hidden object, etc. I suggest you try some of them with the trials to see if any of them appeal to you. I've been surprised by what has appealed to me. For a while I got into a game called Mystic Inn which is basically a time management where you run an inn/bar and need to serve drinks to customers.

For the Hidden Object/Seek and Find games you essentially alternate between finding hidden objects in a scene and doing some other puzzle element (putting together a crossword, mimicking a pattern, solving a code). There is a lot of generic stuff out there, but there are some really entertaining games in the genre too.

Adventure games like Gray Matter, Black Mirror, Scratches, etc. are their own beast and there are plenty to be found depending on what you like.

[quote name='metalkidz']Hi, i don't check this thread for a week, so now i see new deals in EA Sport games ( buy games get credit). Is this credit used in other games exclude EA Sport games on sale?
Post 1 say you just can use with these sports games but
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&docId=1000716161
Store page say i can use credit with others games in Amazon Games Download as well. So anyone can confirm that for me? Thanks[/QUOTE]

The credit can only be used on other games on the EA Games Sports Sale list. You misread the page. When it says "If you do not find what you are looking for, head to our Games Download sale, etc... " it is merely a suggestion they have other sales that you might like more, not that the credit can be used on those other sales.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox'] You misread the page. When it says "If you do not find what you are looking for, head to our Games Download sale, etc... ".[/QUOTE]
Thanks

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI I met with these guys yesterday. The price is now $9.99 and i have more information. In the near future there will be a "Gold version" available that contains all the patches which fix many of the launch issues AND several pieces of DLC. All customers who purchase Stronghold 3 before the switch will automatically be upgraded to this new, gold version. I'm personally going to grab a copy now that it is back down to $9.99 in anticipation of the upgrade.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

just bought it based on your recomendation.. thank you for keeping us in the loop :)

[quote name='Chariblaze']Is there a lot missed out on by skipping to the second Black Mirror without playing the first?[/QUOTE]

You get most of the backstory while playing BM II, as the second game takes place some years after the first.

Playing the first game before the second fills in a few small details, but it's not necessary.

[quote name='inm8num2']You get most of the backstory while playing BM II, as the second game takes place some years after the first.

Playing the first game before the second fills in a few small details, but it's not necessary.[/QUOTE]

Also from reading the reviews for the disc version of the original Black Mirror, it has issues running on Vista or Windows 7, which is possibly why it isn't available digitally?

Tony,
I can confirm that Saints Row 2 uses Steam. I bought it, and now I can't play it. I don't have Steam, or want to use it. It will sit in my games library until they are convinced to release it without Steam. I can dream right?
Thanks for all the game deals!

Hey Tony,

I really want to pick up the Dragon Age Pack for mac. I am just worried about the review that says the codes you are giving out aren't working. Can you comment on this? Or say that it has been fixed?

[quote name='Dark Rider']Hey Tony,

I really want to pick up the Dragon Age Pack for mac. I am just worried about the review that says the codes you are giving out aren't working. Can you comment on this? Or say that it has been fixed?[/QUOTE]

This is the only review I see for the mac version:

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Pa...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Do you see a different one?

Also,

Tons of other questions i need to address here guys, will do so tonight.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='OldLostGamer']Tony,
I can confirm that Saints Row 2 uses Steam. I bought it, and now I can't play it. I don't have Steam, or want to use it. It will sit in my games library until they are convinced to release it without Steam. I can dream right?
Thanks for all the game deals![/QUOTE]

One thing you might want to do until Amazon can get their DRM info in the listing ironed out is to check out other stores like Gamersgate or Impulse or whatever and see what sort of DRM they are listing. It's not 100% because there will always be some oddball games that are Steam on one store and not on the other (ie Mount and Blade) but I'd say it's right about 90% of the time if a game requires Steam somewhere else (other than Steam) it will also require Steam on Amazon etc.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is the only review I see for the mac version:

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Pa...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Do you see a different one?

Also,

Tons of other questions i need to address here guys, will do so tonight.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response!

I was looking at the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Ed reviews for Mac. Which is included in the double pack. Everything I have read says that you will give out individual codes for both games in the pack. I want to buy it. I just don't want to buy it and have it not activate.

[quote name='smurfinaus']**starts to cry because of no Madden 08**.waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/QUOTE]

When are we going to see some modern Madden games ported to the PC? :whistle2:X

[quote name='Dark Rider']Thanks for the quick response!

I was looking at the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Ed reviews for Mac. Which is included in the double pack. Everything I have read says that you will give out individual codes for both games in the pack. I want to buy it. I just don't want to buy it and have it not activate.[/QUOTE]

FWIW I activated on the pc and it worked great. The dlc doesn't activate on origin tho you have to go to the bioware site and actually activate it. Which is located here. http://social.bioware.com/redeem_code.php

[quote name='Motoki']One thing you might want to do until Amazon can get their DRM info in the listing ironed out is to check out other stores like Gamersgate or Impulse or whatever and see what sort of DRM they are listing. It's not 100% because there will always be some oddball games that are Steam on one store and not on the other (ie Mount and Blade) but I'd say it's right about 90% of the time if a game requires Steam somewhere else (other than Steam) it will also require Steam on Amazon etc.[/QUOTE]

Another wrinkle is that Amazon has its own DRM, which I have encountered once (with Amnesia) out of the dozen or so downloadable games that I've bought from Amazon. This DRM requires phoning home to Amazon for activation after the game is installed.

[quote name='MysterD']When are we going to see some modern Madden games ported to the PC? :whistle2:X[/QUOTE]

Probably never now. EA ain't doing NFL or NHL for PC anymore :/:roll:

[quote name='smurfinaus']Probably never now. EA ain't doing NFL or NHL for PC anymore :/:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, they need to CHANGE their mind! :p

Just fantastic! I decided last night to make my first purchase on Amazon Mac Download. I had heard so many great thing about Dragon Age, and was excited to play it.
And exactly what I was expecting happened. The code for Dragon Age: origins didn't work. It figures. I should have listened to the reviews. Well, I guess I am off to try and sludge through customer service and try to get a working code. Guess I learned my lesson. I will not be buying from Amazon Downloads again.

Edit: Dragon Age 2 activated, so at least half of the package works.

I know it was just recently on sale, but any chance Borderlands: GOTY will be back in the 5 dollar range in the near future? Finally plowing through my backlog, so I need to refresh it, and didn't realize it activated on steam. :)

[quote name='MysterD']Makes sense.

Yes, that too - which is often why retail's normally more pricey than DD. They'd have to also account for WAY more middle-men involved, as well.

Besides Battlefield BC2 + BF3 sales next week, any other PC games on sale next week that might be eye-popping than you are allowed to reveal? :p[/QUOTE]

I don't have anything else in the pipeline just yet, stay tuned though and keep an eye on that voting page :).

[quote name='p5ych0']Will this upgrade be automatic through steam, or a different code appear on the amazon page?[/QUOTE]

Yep!

[quote name='Motoki']I feel the same. I want to get into some more of the casual stuff but I honestly have no idea where to start and it's all overwhelming. Gray Matter I went for because I knew of Jane Jensen but I'm sure there are others I would enjoy as well and just don't know it yet.

I wish there were some better way to sort through those games and get more info on them. Most of them desperately need more reviews too. Maybe they could give some away to Amazon Vine members to review or do a free casual game of the day like the Android store. Heck, I've even wondered if they could do some sort of benefit for Prime members like free access to lower tier casual games (sort of like Amazon Video on Demand free Prime vs paid etc).

Also more demos or maybe a 'try before you buy feature' like the Amazon Android store has or Gaikai could be good. I just think most of the casual games really need more exposure, but maybe that's because I've not really been in that sphere so much in the past. I'm sure there must be some place casual players gather and chat about games.

Big Fish? They have a few things on Amazon, also some on Steam, iTunes, Android etc so they do sell elsewhere but it does seem like only a small portion of their library is available for sale elsewhere and I'm not sure how they decide what gets sold via third parties.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the things you're mentioning are in the pipeline currently, specifically the sorting for these massive sales, as well as some vine integration. Great feedback and it is good to see some of the stuff we're working on is top of mind for you guys as customers :).

[quote name='Larce80']Hey Tony, when are you guys getting digital Skyrim? :p[/QUOTE]

:( wish I knew!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I really like that link Tony. The idea of being able to vote is great and I would readily do a 1.99 every week or so. Honestly, I love the sales but the 100s of casual games for 2.99 can be a bit overwhelming to choose from. I also like you guys include MP3 and books. Always on the lookout for deals on those as well.

As for my game suggestions (All taken from the Casual Games section):
Vampire Hunters
Spellagories
Ghost Pirate of Vooju Island
Tales from the Dragon Mountain
Garter & Ghouls
Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines
I'll Believe You
Pickers
Dark Strokes
Ankh
Midnight Mysteries Series
Mishap 2
The Secret f Hildegards
Vampire Tales
Little Shop Road Trip
Cate West
The Scruffs
Cajun Cop
Deadtime Stories
Campire Legends
Ghost Town Mysteries
Forgotten Places
Mystery of Mortlake Mansion
Dying for Daylight
Real Crimes
Twisted Lands
Oddly Enough
Sacra Terra
Weird Park
House of 1000 Doors

First, thanks a bunch for getting Black Mirror 2 on sale. Buying that now. I doubt its sales will match those of Gray Matter, but even so, if I like it a lot I'll have no problem paying retail for Black Mirror 3 if they don't put that on sale.

And the deal on those BF Heroes Starter Packs are the best you can get. The large pack is already a steal at 20, but with another 33% on top of that it's easily the best deal out for BF Heroes. Wish there was a way to put this sale out to that community since I think it would do extremely well.

Finally, do you guys have any influence on what you carry from certain publishers? I just notice that there are a TON of games Viva Media releases physically, but you guys don't carry digitally. I used to be able to pick those type of games up at Wal-Mart or Target, but they have shrunk their PC selection a ton recently. I don't mind ordering from Amazon, but trying to put together an order for FSSS is always a hassle. I'd be much more inclined to purchase certain games from them digitally. I do notice a lot of the games I'm interested are also distributed by the Fish company, so maybe that's why you guys can't carry them?[/QUOTE]

I do have some influence on what we carry from publishers we have contracts with (like Viva) a lot of what we put up for sale has to do with prioritization. We can get X games on sale each week given our QA process and how long it takes to create a detail page. The number of games we have available is much greater than X so we have to prioritize based on what we think we'll sell the most of.

Make sense?

As for the rest of your post thanks man, both for the kind words and the suggestions. I've got a different kind of deal lined up for the voting page next week (which I think you guys will really like :)) but we'll probably use some of those in the week after.

[quote name='NamPaehc']having game.exe has stopped working issue with Gray Matter like others in the reviews had on amazon sadly.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you had this issue, you didn't get it resolved?

[quote name='smurfinaus']**starts to cry because of no Madden 08**.waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/QUOTE]

[quote name='smurfinaus']Tony,
Well chances of Madden 08 being available before that sale finishes?.

Nigs[/QUOTE]

:( :( you and me both!

[quote name='11440']Another wrinkle is that Amazon has its own DRM, which I have encountered once (with Amnesia) out of the dozen or so downloadable games that I've bought from Amazon. This DRM requires phoning home to Amazon for activation after the game is installed.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I'm not sure that is accurate. I know we have a DRM for our free trials but i thought all of our purchases were DRM free once you paid.

I will look into this.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Unbelievable deals..thanks for all the hard work to bring them to us.[/QUOTE]

:)

Why did this sale have to last so long? I'm about to throw more money at you. Highly considering Serious Sam 3, Dark Mirror 2, and Gray Matter.

Btw, Dark Mirror 3 is on sale at a DD competitor for $7.50. Just saying. ;)

[quote name='MPCanes']I know it was just recently on sale, but any chance Borderlands: GOTY will be back in the 5 dollar range in the near future? Finally plowing through my backlog, so I need to refresh it, and didn't realize it activated on steam. :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed this, yes it will be, stay tuned :)

Cheers,
Tony

@TONY
Besides the Battlefield series sale beginning tomorrow, is there anything else awesome on this sale that you can tell us about early?
Or is just those BF games only?
Or are you going to surprise us w/ more stuff tomorrow? :p

[quote name='Dark Rider']Just fantastic! I decided last night to make my first purchase on Amazon Mac Download. I had heard so many great thing about Dragon Age, and was excited to play it.
And exactly what I was expecting happened. The code for Dragon Age: origins didn't work. It figures. I should have listened to the reviews. Well, I guess I am off to try and sludge through customer service and try to get a working code. Guess I learned my lesson. I will not be buying from Amazon Downloads again.

Edit: Dragon Age 2 activated, so at least half of the package works.[/QUOTE]

Update: I called Amazon and they were very apologetic. He said that ALL the codes for Dragon Age: Origins mac are not working. Something on EA's end. The guy was more than willing to help and even said he would credit my account with $10 for my trouble. (Although it's not there yet)

Two - EA: I used a chat for EA. All the guy could say was that my codes definitely worked. (Although they obviously didn't) After an hour on chat he said he would "forward my problem on for investigation". He was absolutely unhelpful.

So the moral is, don't buy Dragon Age: Origins or the Dragon Age pack for the Mac. They don't work. Hope this saves someone time in the future.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Update: I called Amazon and they were very apologetic. He said that ALL the codes for Dragon Age: Origins mac are not working. Something on EA's end. The guy was more than willing to help and even said he would credit my account with $10 for my trouble. (Although it's not there yet)

Two - EA: I used a chat for EA. All the guy could say was that my codes definitely worked. (Although they obviously didn't) After an hour on chat he said he would "forward my problem on for investigation". He was absolutely unhelpful.

So the moral is, don't buy Dragon Age: Origins or the Dragon Age pack for the Mac. They don't work. Hope this saves someone time in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I looked into this and people have been reporting issues with that code on Mac for over a year now from purchases everywhere, not just amazon. Gamersgate has threads about it, Direct2Drive, etc. Apparently, EA's Servers are either not responding all the time so some people have had luck trying their code at a later day and it working. Securom reported a lot of the codes were not in their system reported from EA as valid codes. So it seems EA is the culprit.

Hopefully, this won't stop you from using Amazon DD as their deals can be quite good and they have no control over shadiness on the part of EA.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Update: I called Amazon and they were very apologetic. He said that ALL the codes for Dragon Age: Origins mac are not working. Something on EA's end. The guy was more than willing to help and even said he would credit my account with $10 for my trouble. (Although it's not there yet)

So the moral is, don't buy Dragon Age: Origins or the Dragon Age pack for the Mac. They don't work. Hope this saves someone time in the future.[/QUOTE]

So sorry you had this issue man, I just shot off a little red exclamation point email. I'm glad our CS was able to help you. If you don't want to try going through EA CS again we should have this issue resolved early-mid day monday at the latest. I'm not 100% sure if it is us distributing the wrong kind of key or something on EAs end but here's what will happen in either case:

1. If we are distributing the wrong key you'll get an email from us letting you know the new, correct key is in your games and software library.

2. If it is something on EAs end we'll work with them to get it resolved. If this is the case it may take longer than the first scenario.

Again, thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, and I'm sorry you had a negative experience. Not cool.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for this note, I'm pulling the product from the site.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']So sorry you had this issue man, I just shot off a little red exclamation point email. I'm glad our CS was able to help you. If you don't want to try going through EA CS again we should have this issue resolved early-mid day monday at the latest. I'm not 100% sure if it is us distributing the wrong kind of key or something on EAs end but here's what will happen in either case:

1. If we are distributing the wrong key you'll get an email from us letting you know the new, correct key is in your games and software library.

2. If it is something on EAs end we'll work with them to get it resolved. If this is the case it may take longer than the first scenario.

Again, thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, and I'm sorry you had a negative experience. Not cool.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for this note, I'm pulling the product from the site.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the response. I just wanted to let you know that Nathan, who helped me on the phone was great. He wanted to help, but was unable due to the complexity of the issue. Also, thanks for looking into it, I blame EA. ;)

Edit: By the way. I was told that I would receive a $10 credit for my troubles. Will that take a few hours to credit? I am just curious, because it's not there now. Either way, doesn't matter. I am just glad you are getting this problem solved. I will absolutely be using Amazon again for Mac games if this gets resolved.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Thanks so much for the response. I just wanted to let you know that Nathan, who helped me on the phone was great. He wanted to help, but was unable due to the complexity of the issue. Also, thanks for looking into it, I blame EA. ;)[/QUOTE]

No worries, I'm glad you got sorted, our CS team is pretty awesome.

If you want to shoot me a PM with your order number or contact ID (if you have one) from your chat with him I'll backtrack who he is and drop a positive note for him to manager.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No worries, I'm glad you got sorted, our CS team is pretty awesome.

If you want to shoot me a PM with your order number or contact ID (if you have one) from your chat with him I'll backtrack who he is and drop a positive note for him to manager.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I spoke with him on the phone, so I don't have a chat number. Sorry. I can PM you his name with last initial (From the email "did we help you" email), and my order number. If you want.

Yah avoid EA support like a plague. Most of the time, the chat rep will either be rude, disconnect you from session, point fingers at others (like amazon), or flat out lie and say the key is invalid and fake.

Trust me, Ive been through their chat support more than enough times to now make that assumption, and from what Ive heard things have not got any better since then.

Amazon cs reps continue to be the gold shining standard in 100% excellent customer support and I'm not saying that just to make Amazon/Tony/this thread look good, I REALLY mean it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I don't have anything else in the pipeline just yet, stay tuned though and keep an eye on that voting page :).
[/QUOTE]
Will that page change like every week w/ new and different deals to vote on?
I'm looking for more "core" games, not "casual."

Tony, Thank You! much. I picked up Black Mirror 2 and Gray Matter. Quick question on Black Mirror 3, you mentioned that if it did well that part 3 might go on sale. Right now Black Mirror 3 is selling for $10.17 (again I have to mention that the boxed copy is $8.49), which is 50% off. Is this already the sale price, or were you talking something closer to the 80% off we saw with Black Mirror II and Gray Matter? Basically, I'm asking should I pick it up now or wait. Also it may have been asked, but why no original Black Mirror as a download? From the reviews all 3 games are linked heavily story wise.

[quote name='kaydigi']Tony,

Any deals on Splinter Cell Conviction coming in immediate future?[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for Conviction DLC to go on sale too!

[quote name='kosmos13x']Yah avoid EA support like a plague. Most of the time, the chat rep will either be rude, disconnect you from session, point fingers at others (like amazon), or flat out lie and say the key is invalid and fake.

Trust me, Ive been through their chat support more than enough times to now make that assumption, and from what Ive heard things have not got any better since then.[/QUOTE]

I have never experienced this. I've always been met with timeliness and courtesy by EA support. Maybe it's your approach? I have gotten them to add one game I didn't have a "key" for. I'm currently working on them to add a second. And, yes, before anyone asks/assumes, I did purchase the games.

Amazon cs reps continue to be the gold shining standard in 100% excellent customer support and I'm not saying that just to make Amazon/Tony/this thread look good, I REALLY mean it.

I totally agree here. I've never experienced customer support better than Amazon's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back