Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Needles-Kane']Anymore comments on BF2 Collection? Like; worth it? DRM? Is there offline bot matches possible?[/QUOTE]

It a great game , and it activates fine on origin , and yes it is possible to play against bots in the "single player" mode. Online is still pretty active from time to time as well.

Edit For those having trouble getting BF2 onto origin , try EA customer support , as long as you have a valid serial they should be able to manually add the game to your account. As long as the game is available to buy on origin they can add it to your account . Its what I did for about 7 of my retail and steam copies.

Hey Tony,

I purchased Fifa 11, in hopes of getting Madden 08 with it as well (since as you mentioned coupon doesn't expire till next month). Any word on Madden 08 so far?

Thanks for all the great deals so far!

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Anymore comments on BF2 Collection? Like; worth it? DRM? Is there offline bot matches possible?[/QUOTE]

I bought it on Origin a few months ago - fun and does have bot support. I haven't actually tried a non-bot game so I don't know if people still play it online or not.

[quote name='Mugatu']I bought it on Origin a few months ago - fun and does have bot support. I haven't actually tried a non-bot game so I don't know if people still play it online or not.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you! Are the bots something that are enjoyable or are they painfully bad? I just want to get something for my wife and I to play together and if the online mode is too hard or dies, I would like something with bots but not just a paper cut out shooting gallery.

Anyone that has the Amazon version comment on the game? DRM, EA account for online etc? Thanks again.

The bots are godawful, and there is are 64 player matches with bots. Bots are limited to 16 player maps.

Please, don't buy a Battlefield game for offline bot matches.

I'm excited that I grabbed Crysis Maximum Edition for $8! I signed into my mom's account, and Amazon offered her to try out Amazon Prime free for 30 days. That saved on shipping. I also used that $5 for $10 voucher I had so it was only $3.05 out of pocket. Should be here Wednesday! :bouncy:

[quote name='VernlovesMaria']Hey Tony,

Will the Back to Karkand DLC be discounted as well?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't look like it is at this moment. My bet is on no, but I'm curious to see what Tony says too!

[quote name='Rylin210']Right click on your BC2 shortcut on your desktop, or if you are using steam right click on it in there and go to properties

and in the part that says "target"

add a space after whats already there and add -pinginterval 50000

exactly how it is, it'll fix it as long as you launch it from that shortcut or from steam, enjoy[/QUOTE]

I will try that. Origin support had me uninstall it and reinstall and while it was redownloading my internet went down in a storm. If the problem still occurs this will be my next try at fixing it.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']"Crashing to the main menu" doesn't sound like a crash at all. There's no error message accompanied with it? What're your specs?[/QUOTE]

That was the best way I could describe it. My specs are not the issue. I have a Geforce GTX 460 with an i7 processor and plenty of RAM.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

I haven't had any reports on this so I don't believe it is widespread...which doesn't help you at all. Did you try origin's Chat or phone support?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The Origin chat support had me try all sorts of things I already tried from either experience or online searching like reinstalling punk buster, deleting temporary files, etc. It seemed to be a wide spread thing a year or so ago. In the end they had me uninstall and reinstall. As I said above my internet went down in the middle of the support chat and while I was beginning to start the download over. Hopefully either a reinstall or the above answer fixes it. *fingers crossed*

Sorry, I only check this thread occasionally. But is there a new sale starting today? I was checking out some of the links and the games have all risen back up in price.

[quote name='boneless']Sorry, I only check this thread occasionally. But is there a new sale starting today? I was checking out some of the links and the games have all risen back up in price.[/QUOTE]

It's the Battlefield franchise sale right now. The links in the OP still work for me.

[quote name='boneless']Sorry, I only check this thread occasionally. But is there a new sale starting today? I was checking out some of the links and the games have all risen back up in price.[/QUOTE]

A bunch of the sales ended yesterday.

Hey Tony,

Did you ever hear back about the Dragon Age Origins for Mac activation codes? You had said there might be news on Monday. If not, no big deal. I hope you are able to figure out what is going on.

Thanks!

Basically, all the stuff below 4/5-4/15 sales are dead.
Tony needs to remove those from opening post.

[quote name='MysterD']Basically, all the stuff below 4/5-4/15 sales are dead.
Tony needs to remove those from opening post.[/QUOTE]

Or people could learn to read dates and the thread title. It's pretty self explanatory.

[quote name='Dark Rider']A bunch of the sales ended yesterday.

Hey Tony,

Did you ever hear back about the Dragon Age Origins for Mac activation codes? You had said there might be news on Monday. If not, no big deal. I hope you are able to figure out what is going on.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I did hear back, and EA is currently researching the issue. Stay tuned, we'll get it fixed.

[quote name='MysterD']Basically, all the stuff below 4/5-4/15 sales are dead.
Tony needs to remove those from opening post.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thegreatest']Or people could learn to read dates and the thread title. It's pretty self explanatory.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that links removed/updated.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']hey this is just a general question, but has anyone also had an appcrash when they try to play L.A. Noire?[/QUOTE]

Did you look here?

EDIT:
BTW, I've had no problem w/ LA Noire: Complete PC on my rig (i7 950; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7).

[quote name='MysterD']Did you look here?

EDIT:
BTW, I've had no problem w/ LA Noire: Complete PC on my rig (i7 950; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7).[/QUOTE]
yeah performance shouldn't be an issue for me either. thanks for the link.
everytime i try to run it, it come up with this error.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LANoire.exe
Application Version: 2382.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: nvd3d9wrap.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5eadc9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 71f82670
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']yeah performance shouldn't be an issue for me either. thanks for the link.
Problem signature:
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789[/QUOTE]

Have you tried this:

http://support.rockstargames.com/en...re-pc-crashing-at-launch-using-nvidia-optimus

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']yeah performance shouldn't be an issue for me either. thanks for the link.
Problem signature:
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789[/QUOTE]

Go here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?...333957&hl=la noire&fromsearch=1&#entry1333957

Download the 2nd attached dll file that someone posted.

Boot into safe mode and copy it over to the nvidia folder where your current nvd3d9wrap.dll is located.

Restart back to normal and the game should now run!

pick up battlefield 3 :)
japan31.gif

thanks for all the help guys, will try this later today. hopefully it works, everytime I try to update nvidia it says I don't have compatible hardware which makes no sense.

Hey Tony,

I purchased Fifa 11, in hopes of getting Madden 08 with it as well (since as you mentioned coupon doesn't expire till next month). Any word on Madden 08 so far?

Thanks for all the great deals so far!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I don't think they will PM Rage, they don't carry it for PC; even if they did PM, Rage is NOT STEAM-Play, so you'll need a Mac to play it.[/QUOTE]
Whoops, you are right, they won't PM something they don't sell via digital download.

Odd that they only have the mac version though...

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I don't think they will PM Rage, they don't carry it for PC; even if they did PM, Rage is NOT STEAM-Play, so you'll need a Mac to play it.[/QUOTE]

I believe they had Rage, or maybe I'm imagining things, via digital download. And Rage is a Steamworks game so it needs Steam, unless they have a special non-steam version, atleast the physical copy registers on Steam, that is on PC atleast. Maybe the Mac version doesn't.

[quote name='renhoelder']I believe they had Rage, or maybe I'm imagining things, via digital download. And Rage is a Steamworks game so it needs Steam, unless they have a special non-steam version, atleast the physical copy registers on Steam, that is on PC atleast. Maybe the Mac version doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Your correct! RAGE does require STEAM.
However, RAGE does not have STEAM-PLAY [STEAM-PLAY means you can play the game on both PC and Mac with 1 OS license]. Thus, to play the Mac version, you need a Mac. Maybe you want the Mac version? Gamefly only has PC version on sale.
What is STEAM-PLAY
STEAM Store: RAGE

**EDIT**
Just found out the Mac version does NOT support STEAM
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=28932202

[quote name='EvilInside']Bad Company 2 worth buy? People still play online?[/QUOTE]

I got the Bad Company 2 and Vietnam expansion from this sale. There is enough people to get a game on both the regular and expansion (less on Vietnam though). I would recommend it.

I did have trouble getting it to run right and it turned out to be an easy fix. If you do go ahead and buy it, but have problems, shoot me a PM and I'll help you fix it.

I would definitely buy it though.

[quote name='MysterD']Did you look here?

EDIT:
BTW, I've had no problem w/ LA Noire: Complete PC on my rig (i7 950; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7).[/QUOTE]

I recently bought Crysis and couldn't get it to activate on steam. There was, however a way to register it on the EA site. Once I did that I was able to get EA support to add it to my games on Origin.

[quote name='EvilInside']Bad Company 2 worth buy? People still play online?[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth it for the campaign. I thought it was a pretty good game (much better than BFBC 1). Haven't played too much multiplayer though.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I recently bought Crysis and couldn't get it to activate on steam. There was, however a way to register it on the EA site. Once I did that I was able to get EA support to add it to my games on Origin.[/QUOTE]

Why would you think an EA game would activate on Steam if you didn't buy it there?

Again, EA and Steam :argue: NOT BFFs here.

I'm not sure why people persist in thinking EA games bought outside of Steam will activate there but it will never, ever happen short of one company taking over the other.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning sale on Steam.

KOA: Reckoning - Legend of Dead Kel DLC = $6.69
KOA: Reckoning [base game] = $40.19
KOA: Reckoning Collection [KOA: Reckoning + Legend of Dead Kel DLC + Teeth of Naros DLC] = $53.49.

[SIDE NOTE: KOA: Reckoning - Teeth of Naros DLC = Same on Steam and Amazon DVG at $10 - since it just released today.]

Any chance for price match on the Dead Kel DLC?
I already own KOA: Reckoning [base game].

Not sure if anybody wants KOA:Reckoning [base game] matched.

If you can't pull a punch on any or some of this - can we expect a KOA: Reckoning sale from you guys eventually down the line?

EDIT:
Actually, KOA: Reckoning [base game] is cheaper on GameFly for download at $39.99

[quote name='MysterD']Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning sale on Steam.

KOA: Reckoning - Legend of Dead Kel DLC = $6.69
KOA: Reckoning [base game] = $40.19
KOA: Reckoning Collection [KOA: Reckoning + Legend of Dead Kel DLC + Teeth of Naros DLC] = $53.49.

[SIDE NOTE: KOA: Reckoning - Teeth of Naros DLC = Same on Steam and Amazon DVG at $10 - since it just released today.]

Any chance for price match on the Dead Kel DLC?
I already own KOA: Reckoning [base game].

Not sure if anybody wants KOA:Reckoning [base game] matched.

If you can't pull a punch on any or some of this - can we expect a KOA: Reckoning sale from you guys eventually down the line?

EDIT:
Actually, KOA: Reckoning [base game] is cheaper on GameFly for download at $39.99[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the lack of response here guys, today has been stupid busy. We just had KOA: Reckoning as part of the Spring Sale, it was 33% off the entire time ($39.99).

More and deeper responses soon!

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but would like to confirm before I buy it. Does the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC activate on Origin or Steam? I was guessing Origin but want to be sure.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Tony,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but would like to confirm before I buy it. Does the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC activate on Origin or Steam? I was guessing Origin but want to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Its Origin.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Tony,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but would like to confirm before I buy it. Does the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC activate on Origin or Steam? I was guessing Origin but want to be sure.[/QUOTE]

EA Games DO NOT activate up on Steam.

Most of the recent EA games, they activate up on Origin.

If you want (full-fledged) Steam on an EA game, you'd have to buy it via Steam...
...As long as it's being sold through Steam, of course.

EDIT:
Most versions of KOA: Reckoning PC do REQUIRE Origin.
Amazon DVG's version requires Origin.
I'd guess the DLC's would be the same way.

Only version of KOA: Reckoning which uses Steam...is the one sold directly through Steam.

[quote name='MysterD']EA Games DO NOT activate up on Steam.

Most of the recent EA games, they activate up on Origin.

If you want (full-fledged) Steam on an EA game, you'd have to buy it via Steam...
...As long as it's being sold through Steam, of course.

EDIT:
Most versions of KOA: Reckoning PC do REQUIRE Origin.
Amazon DVG's version requires Origin.
I'd guess the DLC's would be the same way.

Only version of KOA: Reckoning which uses Steam...is the one sold directly through Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I had assumed but I figured it didnt hurt to ask before spending 10 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back