Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomb Raider will require Steam? Seriously, this is getting out of hand.
I guess we're stuck with CD Projekt for non-DRM discussions.

any recommendations on the 1C games. Never heard of any of 'em. Good deal, just don't know what I'm getting into. thanks!

[quote name='Motoki']Why would you think an EA game would activate on Steam if you didn't buy it there?

Again, EA and Steam :argue: NOT BFFs here.

I'm not sure why people persist in thinking EA games bought outside of Steam will activate there but it will never, ever happen short of one company taking over the other.[/QUOTE]

I actually meant Origin. I'm well aware that EA and Steam don't get along.

[quote name='deletion']any recommendations on the 1C games. Never heard of any of 'em. Good deal, just don't know what I'm getting into. thanks![/QUOTE]

I know King's Bounty is a quality turn-based strategy game, and the Platinum is the whole 9, but I'm not sure about a 2nd game.

[quote name='stopEntei']Tomb Raider will require Steam? Seriously, this is getting out of hand.
I guess we're stuck with CD Projekt for non-DRM discussions.[/QUOTE]

It's being published by Square Eidos so at this point they (like THQ, Sega, 2k and Bethesda) are doing all new releases Steamworks unless some major policy change happens.

Personally, I prefer it that way as I want all my games in one place where I have them and organized and updated but this gives me the flexibility to get that and still be able to buy the game elsewhere.

Besides which all games by major publishers have some form of DRM at this point. Even CD Projekt had to ship the 1.0 retail of The Witcher 2 with DRM. If you don't get Steamworks then the alternatives, in my opinion, are much worse. Origin, Games For Windows Live, Ubisoft always on DRM, TAGES, Securom. Those for me are all DO NOT WANTs so I personally will happily take Steamworks.

Given the fiasco that is CD Projekt's patching process, I also personally will not be buying any future games from them outside of Steam.

I know STEAMWORKS! vs NO DRM! is like the TASTES GREAT! no LESS FILLING! back and forth and half the people prefer one and half the other so this whole thing probably won't ever get anywhere, but I think we all also have to realistically accept that most major publishers aren't going to release new big budget games with no DRM whatsoever right upon initial release.

[quote name='renhoelder']@Tony

Gamestop is having a sale any chance of pricematching some of the titles?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Terlan']I second this notion, would much rather purchase from Amazon if I could. The crusader king II dlcs are very tempting :D[/QUOTE]

Our system is chugging along on this, but some of these might be a few hours-tomorrow before thy actually kick in.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='dfg']The promotion details page says:

but the promo is still valid, as of my purchase 15 minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

Bah thanks dude sorry fixing now.

Also,

I'm going through and matching the Steam deals right now. Note to those looking at Serious Sam, we have these titles slotted for a Deal of the Week in May, and the prices will be better than these.

Just letting you know.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Our system is chugging along on this, but some of these might be a few hours-tomorrow before thy actually kick in.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony, I'll hold off and buy them on Amazon.

I just wanted to update everyone on here and say that after some emailing Tony got my Dragon Age code working. Glad to have this behind us, and I look forward to wasting more money at Amazon. :lol:

[quote name='Dark Rider']I just wanted to update everyone on here and say that after some emailing Tony got my Dragon Age code working. Glad to have this behind us, and I look forward to wasting more money at Amazon. :lol:[/QUOTE]

tsk tsk... hoarding games is almost never a waste of money. ;)

[quote name='hal']tsk tsk... hoarding games is almost never a waste of money. ;)[/QUOTE]

Correct, I know I will have plenty of games to play until I'm about 135...

Thank you Tony, you really are offering an unprecedented level of customer service/support, I don't think that any big or small site has this level of dedication for getting the best deals out there and matching sales on other sites.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Correct, I know I will have plenty of games to play until I'm about 135...[/QUOTE]

Pass them along in your will. Do it for the kids!

[quote name='renhoelder']Thank you Tony, you really are offering an unprecedented level of customer service/support, I don't think that any big or small site has this level of dedication for getting the best deals out there and matching sales on other sites.[/QUOTE]Word. Imagine if Steam made half the effort Amazon has instead of sitting on their presumed monopoly position (which is slipping away) and shunning customer service as irrelevant. Maybe we can get some coal in their next promotion and craft it into a 10% off coupon for Half-Life 1. Pffft.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also,

I'm going through and matching the Steam deals right now. Note to those looking at Serious Sam, we have these titles slotted for a Deal of the Week in May, and the prices will be better than these.

Just letting you know.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Even Serious Sam 3: BFE [which is now $13.60 on Steam]...?
You're gonna top THAT [in May]?

[quote name='MysterD']Even Serious Sam 3: BFE [which is now $13.60 on Steam]...?
You're gonna top THAT [in May]?[/QUOTE]

Should be easy for Tony to do; a couple weeks back Amazon had Serious Sam 3:BFE @ $12 during the same sale Darkness II was $12.50.

Keep up the good work Tony :applause:

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Should be easy for Tony to do; a couple weeks back Amazon had Serious Sam 3:BFE @ $12 during the same sale Darkness II was $12.50.

Keep up the good work Tony :applause:[/QUOTE]

I guess the next question then is...
Is Tony going to top his own $12 price-tag from a bit ago for Serious Sam: BFE? :p

[quote name='MysterD']I guess the next question then is...
Is Tony going to top his own $12 price-tag from a bit ago for Serious Sam: BFE? :p[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. $10 or less please ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Who's excited about $29.99 Mass Effect 3 tonight ~midnight?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Okay I may even have to bite on that even though I'm not thrilled about the Origin part. :p

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Who's excited about $29.99 Mass Effect 3 tonight ~midnight?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

:bow:

[quote name='Motoki']Okay I may even have to bite on that even though I'm not thrilled about the Origin part. :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']:bow:[/QUOTE]

This one kind of fell on my plate because I took the day off on Friday. Anyone who wants to share the love and tell all your friends will earn eternal gratitude from myself and the hamsters :).

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nice! Not just PC but all platforms?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

before setting my alarm for midnight, how long will this sale last?:pray::pray:

[quote name='oscargrouch']Nice! Not just PC but all platforms?[/QUOTE]

Yep, all platforms!

[quote name='Shrowd']before setting my alarm for midnight, how long will this sale last?:pray::pray:[/QUOTE]

24 hours, just tomorrow, no worries we have lots of keys :)

[quote name='Lint21']ME3 for $30 is a good deal.

@Tony: any word on the full list of which of the 1C games register on Steam?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting to hear back on this...dont have the list yet though I'm sorry.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

REALLY?!??!?
On Amazon DVG?
Or Retail Box?
Both?

EDIT:
Nevermind, saw it in the other Amazon CAG thread, referring to NeoGAF link.
Looks like ME3 for every platform - PC Retail Box, PC download, PS3, X360 = $30 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I'm still waiting to hear back on this...dont have the list yet though I'm sorry.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

I have a great idea: just send me one key for evert game in the 1C sale and I will test them in Steam for you. Would probably only take 5 minutes of your time, and I can turn my part around in like 30 minutes.

Eh? EH? ;)

[quote name='Lint21']ME3 for $30 is a good deal.

@Tony: any word on the full list of which of the 1C games register on Steam?[/QUOTE]

There was a lot of talk about this when Gamersgate had their complete 1C pack on sale and the general consensus from people who bought the pack there was that almost none of them did. I think it was basically Men of War Assault Squad and Men of War Vietnam (which is currently unavailable on Amazon DD; not sure what is up with that) and that was it.

I'll let Tony give the official word on it but I would not get your hopes up for very many of them to Steam activate I'm afraid.

[quote name='The End']Hey Tony, is there any reason that people outside of the US can't buy DD games from Amazon? I just saw this post in the Gamersgate thread and I though to myself "man, that's a shame". Perhaps I could understand it if he lived in Russia or china, but he lives in Canada.

I'm sure that this has been asked before, and I'm sorry to make you answer it again, but it's a long thread (even longer if you count the first Amazon dvg thread) and I'm just not up to searching though it for the answer.[/QUOTE]

I guess this got missed, so I'm quoting it to see if I can get a response from Tony. I got a few responses from fellow CAGs, and they seemed plausible, but I'd like to hear what Tony says.

@Tony

In regards to the gamestop sale price match I noticed that Crusader Kings II, and most of its dlc has been marked down but two of them haven't. The Ruler Creator and the Albion music pack are still at full price. Is the mark down in the works for them or will they not be receiving one? Just curious before I buy the other music packs, thanks.

Edit: nvm in the time since I posted this the ruler creator DLC got marked down, so I assume the Albion music pack is soon to follow.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This one kind of fell on my plate because I took the day off on Friday. Anyone who wants to share the love and tell all your friends will earn eternal gratitude from myself and the hamsters :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Word spread... =)

Still waiting on a better deal than 33% on Alan Wake....I know Amazon has been matching...I've been holding off buying it..waiting on Amazon to beat it!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, so glad I saw this. I was finally going to bite and get it for $47 on Gamersgate. I know where I'll be tonight ...

I was thinking about picking up a Man of War and a UFO game, anyone played the UFO series? Worth it? I really want a good turn-based squad game. They look kind of dated so I'm hesitant. Feel free to recommend me something that isn't in the sale (I really like Frozen Synapse, but don't think I'll find anything like that one - turn based, but everyone plays the turns together kind of thing).

[quote name='MysterD']REALLY?!??!?
On Amazon DVG?
Or Retail Box?
Both?

EDIT:
Nevermind, saw it in the other Amazon CAG thread, referring to NeoGAF link.
Looks like ME3 for every platform - PC Retail Box, PC download, PS3, X360 = $30 each.[/QUOTE]

Yep all 3 platforms :)

[quote name='Lint21']Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

I have a great idea: just send me one key for evert game in the 1C sale and I will test them in Steam for you. Would probably only take 5 minutes of your time, and I can turn my part around in like 30 minutes.

Eh? EH? ;)[/QUOTE]

I feel like this might not fly with my up and ups :)

[quote name='Motoki']There was a lot of talk about this when Gamersgate had their complete 1C pack on sale and the general consensus from people who bought the pack there was that almost none of them did. I think it was basically Men of War Assault Squad and Men of War Vietnam (which is currently unavailable on Amazon DD; not sure what is up with that) and that was it.

I'll let Tony give the official word on it but I would not get your hopes up for very many of them to Steam activate I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know not many of them do, which is why I'm waiting for the official word from 1C or my OPS crew as to what does.

[quote name='The End']I guess this got missed, so I'm quoting it to see if I can get a response from Tony. I got a few responses from fellow CAGs, and they seemed plausible, but I'd like to hear what Tony says.[/QUOTE]

Motoki makes some really good points below. The reason I don't comment on the international stuff is because it is really complicated and I don't fully understand the legal implications/reasoning beyond "based on the way Amazon is set up as a business we are region-bound".

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah the whole international thing is really complicated. I think people also need to realize that Amazon is setup differently than Steam or Gamersgate and that the Amazon stores in various countries really are like wholly separate divisions. I think what ultimately needs to happen is not for Amazon US to sell to other countries but rather for Amazon UK and Amazon Germany etc to get their own digital downloads stores going if they feel there is enough of a demand for that in those countries. I would assume it's something they have and will continue to look into and that when they feel it's worth it and they have the infrastructure for such a thing they'll do it.

I know a lot of people get really upset over this issue and feel personally offended like their country is intentionally being excluded, but there are different laws and regulations about who can publish and sell what in each individual country. Just because you have internet access doesn't necessarily mean that any store in the world is setup to sell all their items, virtual or otherwise, to you. Even in the cases where digital download stores do sell to multiple countries then people frequently get angry over price differences and why games in country X cost more than country Y.

I don't presume to have all the answers but I know the whole thing is really complicated and I don't think it's as simple as some store not wanting to sell to a particular country or intentionally wanted to charge them more etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the rational thought behind this :).

[quote name='equalsP']Wow, so glad I saw this. I was finally going to bite and get it for $47 on Gamersgate. I know where I'll be tonight ...

I was thinking about picking up a Man of War and a UFO game, anyone played the UFO series? Worth it? I really want a good turn-based squad game. They look kind of dated so I'm hesitant. Feel free to recommend me something that isn't in the sale (I really like Frozen Synapse, but don't think I'll find anything like that one - turn based, but everyone plays the turns together kind of thing).[/QUOTE]

:) Glad you're psyched about the ME3 deal. Not sure about your best bet for turn based squad action.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']WH40K: Space Marine = $10.19 on Steam today.
Since you Amazon guys like topping prices [i.e. ME3 planned for $30; Serious Sam in May deals], can we expect you to top this Space Marine deal in May, too? :p[/QUOTE]

Probably not on Space Marine, although this PM should flow through soon. We were recently at $9.99 so we probably won't drop much lower than that in May.

Cheers,
Tony

ME3 is soooo tempting. Sort of doubting it'll be any cheaper anytime soon, but I already have so much to play...

Sometimes I hate you, Tony! :D

dang, now I really wish I waited for ME3 instead of getting it at $50. Guess I learned my lesson, never again, Im staying true to the code of the CAG from now on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back