Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that no one has a crystal ball or anything, but does anyone have a guess as to whether ME3 will go lower in the near future?

[quote name='uvi']According to this: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/sofcw/save_66_on_serious_sam_3_bfe_on_steam_1360/
they will actually top the Steam deal :)[/QUOTE]

That reddit post is in reference to Serious Sam, not Warhammer.

[quote name='Terlan']@Tony

Crusader Kings II and all its dlc has gone on sale except for one music pack.

http://www.amazon.com/Crusader-Kings-II-Albion-Online/dp/B007V6782Y/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

Will it be getting the 50% mark down too? Please let me know and thanks for the hard work, I was glad to be able to grab the others for 50% off. :D[/QUOTE]

Check on this page again in like 30 min or so.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Check on this page again in like 30 min or so.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Checked back and got it, thanks Tony!

[quote name='Cantatus']ME3 is soooo tempting. Sort of doubting it'll be any cheaper anytime soon, but I already have so much to play...

Sometimes I hate you, Tony! :D[/QUOTE]

Buy it, you won't regret it!

[quote name='Cantatus']ME3 is soooo tempting. Sort of doubting it'll be any cheaper anytime soon, but I already have so much to play...

Sometimes I hate you, Tony! :D[/QUOTE]

Didn't ME2 take around 10 months to drop to $20? I remember buying that at full price on release, then being too busy to play it until Dec 2010 because I wanted to devote a lot of time to it. At least I was able to get all of the DLC on Deal of the Weeks.

[quote name='technole']Buy it, you won't regret it![/QUOTE]

Well you might regret the ending but everything about the game besides that is really good, so $30 isn't a bad price point.

I wanted badly to buy SS3 when it came out and support them, but I neglected to...and now it will be minimum 70% off? I'm so in. I'll probably buy extra copies as gifts.

[quote name='Terlan']Well you might regret the ending but everything about the game besides that is really good, so $30 isn't a bad price point.[/QUOTE]

The last 15 minutes does not undo a fantastic experience. Besides Extended Cut DLC will be free later in the summer.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
Any word yet on Dawn of Magic 2's DRM?[/QUOTE]

Just heard back from OPS, we're not distributing a key for this, so DRM free :).

100% transparency, we've sold very few of this game so far in the sale and I know almost nothing about it. Is it one that I can push hard on and drive enough sales to make a case to go to 1C on removing DRM from other games?

Let me know and I'll start pushing.

Cheers,
Tony

Bought Mass Effect 3.

Hopefully Amazon gets some 680's in soon. I really want to play that through with a new graphics card. Need to play through the first two before I get to it though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just heard back from OPS, we're not distributing a key for this, so DRM free :).

100% transparency, we've sold very few of this game so far in the sale and I know almost nothing about it. Is it one that I can push hard on and drive enough sales to make a case to go to 1C on removing DRM from other games?

Let me know and I'll start pushing.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Dawn of Magic series
Dawn of Magic 2 is a ARPG - think like Diablo, Sacred, and those kind of games. Though, it's ARPG with a twist - Dawn of Magic series is not really melee-based. It's more magic-based w/ emphasis on numerous different schools of magic.

I don't think there were many fans of DOM1. It got slammed in reviews - and I doubt many were interested in DOM2.

DRM Discussion
As a customer, I always like to see games go DRM-FREE. I'd prefer it to be like that off the tip of the bat, but understand if game ships w/ DRM - to try and stop/slow-down piracy.
I do become VERY happy if the DRM-check is removed later in a patch, when said game gets old and cheap...

I think when it comes to "Should a game go DRM-FREE?", it really depends on a lot of things:
1. If a game has brutal DRM schemes that can ruin your hardware and/or software like say StarForce, then the answer is YES. There's NO need for this kind of treatment. Also, StarForce drivers are specific - and if you are running it on a system the SF drivers weren't built around, forget it - good luck getting the game to even boot up!
2. If the game has online required activation and/or install limits [like Securom games often have], YES - down the line when the game gets old, the DRM should be removed, especially for the Single Player [offline] portion of the game.
3. Once game is OLD and cheap, what point is there having DRM? There's no point in having DRM, once the game is old and everybody has bought a copy of it and sales have dropped majorly. By this time, pirates are looking to pirate something else brand new and expensive to steal.

[quote name='MysterD']
3. Once game is OLD and cheap, what point is there having DRM? There's no point in having DRM, once the game is old and everybody has bought a copy of it and sales have dropped majorly. By this time, pirates are looking to pirate something else brand new and expensive to steal.[/QUOTE]
I suspect by the time #3 happens - game is old - either the developer is gone or the publisher doesn't see the benefit to re-open the code and try to remove the DRM.

What we can hope is for Tony to demonstrate to the publishers that if they spend some time/money on DRM removal - they'll earn it back with increased sales.

[quote name='CheapThomas']I suspect by the time #3 happens - game is old - either the developer is gone or the publisher doesn't see the benefit to re-open the code and try to remove the DRM.[/quote]
This should be done normally once the game is no longer getting support. When there's no more DLC and no more official patches, the DRM should be removed.

By this time, the game's probably $20 or less.

What we can hope is for Tony to demonstrate to the publishers that if they spend some time/money on DRM removal - they'll earn it back with increased sales.
Exactly.

People who were turned off by a game's specific DRM when the game was released, that normally was a loss of a expensive sale. When a DRM check is removed, you're going to bring those people back into the fold to buy your game - albeit, the sale might be late and the game probably will be cheaper, but at least you got that sale.

Side question - searched and didn't see any discussion on this

Are there plans to make game download purchases giftable? For example, you buy a digital download and input the email of the gift recipient. That person "accepts" the gift and it becomes tied to their Amazon game library.

I know you could probably give the Steam or activation key to someone for a product that has such a requirement, but for the DRM-free downloads there doesn't seem to be any gift option of which I'm aware.

I think this could really boost sales figures. Or, maybe I'm missing something and there are methods of gifting purchases.

No biggie, just some random thoughts I had.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That reddit post is in reference to Serious Sam, not Warhammer.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I know Amazon recently had SS3 on sale; $10 (75%) is when I'll probably bite if I'm not playing anything else although I have a feeling it will be even cheaper over the summer.

[quote name='inm8num2']Side question - searched and didn't see any discussion on this

Are there plans to make game download purchases giftable? For example, you buy a digital download and input the email of the gift recipient. That person "accepts" the gift and it becomes tied to their Amazon game library.

I know you could probably give the Steam or activation key to someone for a product that has such a requirement, but for the DRM-free downloads there doesn't seem to be any gift option of which I'm aware.

I think this could really boost sales figures. Or, maybe I'm missing something and there are methods of gifting purchases.

No biggie, just some random thoughts I had.[/QUOTE]

yep, it is on the roadmap and something our dev team is working on. Just don't have a solid timeline yet...turns out integrating it into our order pipeline is mondo complicated because of the way the existing code works.

[quote name='rgd2blck']I know Amazon recently had SS3 on sale; $10 (75%) is when I'll probably bite if I'm not playing anything else although I have a feeling it will be even cheaper over the summer.[/QUOTE]

You won't be sad...you won't be sad at all :).

[quote name='deletion']yay! you guys matched dead space 2!!![/QUOTE]

Sure did :).

Cheers,
Tony

Had some gift card balance so picked up the walking dead as well, even though with taxes it only turned out to be .83 cents cheaper than steam. Now to contemplate what to buy with those 83 cents. =)

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Had I known that Amazon was going to be getting Walking Dead and that it would be a steam redeemable key I wouldn't have purchased it from Steam.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, it was a last minute contract signage that made it happen and then we scrambled to get it up :).

[quote name='thegreatest']Any news on next week's deals yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']I want to hear this, as well. :D[/QUOTE]

Right now we're going to be doing Deus Ex Standard at $7.49 and Augmented at $9.99, and Dungeon Siege III for $4.99, all activate on Steam.

Plus it looks like the original Crysis at $4.99 is going to win the vote for the deal this weekend which will run from mid day tomorrow through end of day Monday.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='thegreatest']Is that final? Or is there a chance for more? I've already played all of those :cry:

Great deals though! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Next week's "vote for a $5 game" will feature Darksiders, Company of Heroes GOTY, Red Faction Armageddon, and Metro 2033. Other than that, those are our only planned deals though.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Right now we're going to be doing Deus Ex Standard at $7.49 and Augmented at $9.99, and Dungeon Siege III for $4.99, all activate on Steam.

Plus it looks like the original Crysis at $4.99 is going to win the vote for the deal this weekend which will run from mid day tomorrow through end of day Monday.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Dammit...I own all of those already.
I buy too many games, I think... ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Next week's "vote for a $5 game" will feature Darksiders, Company of Heroes GOTY, Red Faction Armageddon, and Metro 2033. Other than that, those are our only planned deals though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Stop coming up w/ sales for games I already own! ;)
Again - I think I buy too many games...

BTW - Metro 2033 is pretty good and is a gorgeous-looking game [technically].

[quote name='MysterD']Dammit...I own all of those already.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've had $20 in Amazon credit for weeks and haven't seen any PCDD that I've wanted to buy that I don't already own. I think half of the problem is that these deals are recycled a lot.

[quote name='sunghost']Same here, I've had $20 in Amazon credit for weeks and haven't seen any PCDD that I've wanted to buy that I don't already own. I think half of the problem is that these deals are recycled a lot.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the deals are recycled that often, but when some of us scored those very games early in the year for cheaper, I think it's inevitable we're going to have to miss a few sale cycles in the process. They are all great prices though and after having back to back weeks with different publisher sales, and the huge April sale before that, I don't think Amazon lacks in variety of sales. I have 5 bucks in credit myself but am waiting for the sale on Black Mirror III come May.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm sorry, it was a last minute contract signage that made it happen and then we scrambled to get it up :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

In for Crysis. Thanks Tony.

Everyone, thoughts on Dungeon SiegeS 3 for those who never played the first 2?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Next week's "vote for a $5 game" will feature Darksiders, Company of Heroes GOTY, Red Faction Armageddon, and Metro 2033. Other than that, those are our only planned deals though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are those "vote games" going to be Steamworks too? I may bite on Metro 2033 or Darksiders if they are (if either of those win of course).

[quote name='kaydigi']In for Crysis. Thanks Tony.

Everyone, thoughts on Dungeon SiegeS 3 for those who never played the first 2?[/QUOTE]

Well from what I hear...it is nothing like 1 and 2...which I never played.....people that have played the first two hate the third. I haven't and I had fun playing, I hear its better playing co-op but I havent had the opportunity to do so yet. I would say its def worth 5 bucks...which is exactly what I paid.

[quote name='MysterD']Dammit...I own all of those already.
I buy too many games, I think... ;)

Stop coming up w/ sales for games I already own! ;)
Again - I think I buy too many games...

BTW - Metro 2033 is pretty good and is a gorgeous-looking game [technically].[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Same here, I've had $20 in Amazon credit for weeks and haven't seen any PCDD that I've wanted to buy that I don't already own. I think half of the problem is that these deals are recycled a lot.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't think the deals are recycled that often, but when some of us scored those very games early in the year for cheaper, I think it's inevitable we're going to have to miss a few sale cycles in the process. They are all great prices though and after having back to back weeks with different publisher sales, and the huge April sale before that, I don't think Amazon lacks in variety of sales. I have 5 bucks in credit myself but am waiting for the sale on Black Mirror III come May.[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be psyched with some of the new, fresh deals we'll have coming up but, to be frank, there's only so much quality catalog we have to work with that the broad community find "exciting". Couple this with the fact that we need to work with our publishers to secure deals everyone feels like a "win" and our price match strategy and you're going to see some repetition.

Remember, there's still no one in the market who's been at prices like $12.49 Darkness II, $9.99 Warhammer Space Marine, $4.99 L.A. Noire, $5.99 Borderlands GOTY, $2.49 Just Cause 2, $12.49 Serious Sam 3: BFE, $4.99 Dungeon Siege III, $29.99 Mass Effect 3, $7.49 Crysis 2 (Origin may have been here for a 24 hour sale) and Crysis Max, $12 Dragon Age Origins Ultimate + DA 2, etc.

There are 52 weeks in the year and as I look at our calendar I try to build out deals that are going to reach enough people to make them worth doing. Going back to the discussion we've had a couple of times around Price Matching, this is again the reason we're testing not doing as much of it. Customers like you all will recognize where and when all the sales have occurred across the internet, but the rest of our customers who aren't as plugged into what is happening everywhere else won't feel like we're constantly running the same pricing structure.

Just food for thought/my perspective on the promotional calendar. As always, I appreciate your feedback and take it into account as I build out our promotional cadence.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='thegreatest']Are those "vote games" going to be Steamworks too? I may bite on Metro 2033 or Darksiders if they are (if either of those win of course).[/QUOTE]

I know Metro 2033, Darksiders, and Red Faction Armageddon are, I'm unsure on CoH GOTY.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I know Metro 2033, Darksiders, and Red Faction Armageddon are, I'm unsure on CoH GOTY.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Alright cool. Those are the only 3 of the 4 I would consider anyway.

Thanks!

are any of the 1C games worth it for BOGO...i don't care for the kings bounty series, the only game that appeals to me at all is cryostasis...

any other opinions?

[quote name='Lemarfanz']are any of the 1C games worth it for BOGO...i don't care for the kings bounty series, the only game that appeals to me at all is cryostasis...

any other opinions?[/QUOTE]

Cryostasis and Penumbra Collection would be very good use of your money IMO.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'][...]
Remember, there's still no one in the market who's been at prices like $12.49 Darkness II, $9.99 Warhammer Space Marine, $4.99 L.A. Noire, $5.99 Borderlands GOTY, $2.49 Just Cause 2, $12.49 Serious Sam 3: BFE, $4.99 Dungeon Siege III, $29.99 Mass Effect 3, $7.49 Crysis 2 (Origin may have been here for a 24 hour sale) and Crysis Max, $12 Dragon Age Origins Ultimate + DA 2, etc.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Steam just had Space Marine for just over $10. Gamersgate has had Just Cause for nearly that price (may have been $3.50) and a better sale on DAO Ultimate + 2. Steam currently has Serious Sam 3 for $13.60, and Walmart has physical copies of Mass Effect 3 for $30 (currently console, but also had PC versions a couple weeks ago.)

They all also have the advantage (to me) of selling games to Canadians, and also don't suffer from piss poor customer service that don't respond to inquiries after promising to, or forum representitives who ask for any with concerns to PM them only to never respond. Okay, okay, maybe Walmart does (poor customer service.)

Amazon has some good deals, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're the only one on the internet who does.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']are any of the 1C games worth it for BOGO...i don't care for the kings bounty series, the only game that appeals to me at all is cryostasis...

any other opinions?[/QUOTE]

Necrovision + the expansion is pretty good, along with CLAF's suggestions. I am also enjoying Real Warfare 1242: Northern Crusades (youtube it first.) Just bought GG's 1C pack for $20 (80 or so games) so still playing through alot of them.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']also don't suffer from piss poor customer service that don't respond to inquiries after promising to, or forum representitives who ask for any with concerns to PM them only to never respond. Okay, okay, maybe Walmart does (poor customer service.)
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what this is in reference to...I respond to all inquires here and specifically ask people to re-ask me questions if I've missed them...often doing so at pretty much any time of the day (it is currently 8:00PM my time).

Anyone here who has received some sort of customer support from me (the Marketing guy by the way), feel free to chime in.

As for our CS...It is pretty universally renowned for being best in business.

Sorry you have a negative perception of my responsiveness here or our CS group. I'd love to hear about it so we can fix it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not sure what this is in reference to...I respond to all inquires here and specifically ask people to re-ask me questions if I've missed them...often doing so at pretty much any time of the day (it is currently 8:00PM my time).

Anyone here who has received some sort of customer support from me (the Marketing guy by the way), feel free to chime in.

Sorry you have a negative perception of my responsiveness here or our CS group. I'd love to hear about it so we can fix it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Here is the message I sent to support, which I was told was being fast tracked to the higher ups and never got a response. I also sent this message to you, and never got a response. See the spoiler tag, and take note of the date.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Hi, I am just curious about whether Amazon has any intention of ever giving Amazon.ca fair treatment in comparison to Amazon.com. Here is my email to Amazon.com customer support a few months ago:

---------------
04/28/11 07:21:07
Your Name:Joel Mattinson
Comments:Dear Amazon:

As an Amazon consumer from Canada I feel as though your company constantly takes advantage of the Canadian market while continually showing preference to the United States.

Most recently, I have discovered your 10 days of free games. These games are obtained through digital download and really should have no location restrictions, however are unavailable to Canadians.

This is the not the first or only thing though. Another example is on your american counterpart (amazon.com) you offer multiple video game deals weekly. Some recent examples are:

- Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Amazon Clearance Deals

- Darksiders (PC): $7.79
- Gothic 4 (360): $18
- Transformers War for Cybertron (PS3): $19.99

Keep in mind these are only recent examples. There are also your credit deals, where you offer credit for purchases of new games. Recent examples:

Brink $10 credit
Cars 2: The Video Game $10 credit
Duke Nukem Forever $10 Credit
F.E.A.R. 3 $20 credit + comic
Final Fantasy XIV $10 credit
First Templar $10 credit
Gears of War 3 $20 credit
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $20 credit
LA Noire $10 credit
LEGO Battles Ninjago $10 credit
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $10 credit + lego POTC figurine
Madden NFL 12 $20 credit
Mass Effect 3 $10 credit
NASCAR the Game $10 credit
Red Faction: Armageddon $10 THQ credit + Red Faction Battlegrounds game
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy Seals $10 credit + Shotgun DLC
Spec Ops: The Line $10 credit
The Witcher 2 $10 credit
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier $10 credit

None of these are offered to Canadian customers.

I have bought numerous books through Amazon, as I am a University student. I have also referred many friends and family members, yet it feels as though that due to my geographical location I am constantly being shafted. I don't think Canada has a single deal on video games taking place right now, where as, shown above, our US counterpart has warehouse deals, clearance deals, free digital download deals, and customer credit given to purchases.?

There is also the fact that the Canadian dollar is higher than the US and has been almost even for the past 2-3 years.

I realize I will most likely recieve a reply with the ever-so-common "we are sorry, but some services can only be offered in certain areas" which is fine, but when you have constant deals for your American customers and show very little effort to give anything close to your Canadian customers, there is something wrong.

I really hope my email reaches someone in management and allows you to see how this is a growing problem. Until this problem is addressed, I apologize, but I will no longer be making purchases at Amazon. When your company shows that it cares for me as a customer - equally as much as your US customers - I will continue making purchases. Until then I will respectfully take my business elsewhere.

Thank you,

Joel M.
* Add to that list your weekly digital deals.

I recieved the following response:

Hello,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the recent deals which are not been offered to the customers in Canada. I'm forwarding this feedback to our technical team and they will surely want to look in to this issue. Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve our website and services. I appreciate your thoughts, and I'll be sure to pass your suggestion along.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A2OIBRQVS2K0FW&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A2OIBRQVS2K0FW&k=hn

Best regards,

Srikar Alla
Amazon.com
Needless to say I never received a response after that.

Here's to hoping I don't fall on deaf ears, yet again.[/QUOTE]

Pictures:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/83/screencap1.png
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4796/screencap2k.png

That PM was sent to you in October of last year. I guess you don't respond to all inquiries.

Anyway, I was responding to Lemar when I came across your post. I simply disagreed with it and voiced my opinion. I have no intention of hijacking this thread. If you would like to PM feel free, although it would have been appreciated 6-months ago.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I'm not sure what this is in reference to...I respond to all inquires here and specifically ask people to re-ask me questions if I've missed them...often doing so at pretty much any time of the day (it is currently 8:00PM my time).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony has answered all of my questions, and I think he did so all within an hour of me asking. Some of the questions he as even answered several times (because I keep nagging him about Red Orchestra 2, sorry Tony).

EDIT: Tony has no say in whether or not Amazon.ca gets the same treatment. How can you hold that against him?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I think you'll be psyched with some of the new, fresh deals we'll have coming up but, to be frank, there's only so much quality catalog we have to work with that the broad community find "exciting". Couple this with the fact that we need to work with our publishers to secure deals everyone feels like a "win" and our price match strategy and you're going to see some repetition.[/quote]
Look forward to seeing some of these upcoming sales. :D

Nobody's arguing your price-points. You guys are often VERY tough to top.
And often, if there's something I want matched [as long as it ain't International], it happens - you guys make it happen.

Like I said before - "I buy too many games."

ME3 - waiting for Amazon to ship it in a DVD Retail Box and will wait for its arrival...
Dungeon Siege 3 - won it from a Twitter contest a while back. :p
Just Cause 2 - bought it already, a bit ago at $5 from Gamersgate last year
DAO Ultimate + DA2 - Bought them all LONG TIME ago elsewhere. DAO [Original] was a X-Mas present for me, years back; actually, I think it was from Amazon Retail. I know I bought DAO Awakening from Amazon Retail. Bought DAO: Ultimate from Steam for all DLC that I was missing. Bought DA2 not too long after it's release from Origin.
LA Noire - Forget the Regular Edition, I already bought Complete Edition from you guys late last year. :p
Crysis 2 - Bought it from you guys a while back when it was $10
Crysis Max - Already bought Crysis + Warhead LONG ago at Retail.
Borderlands GOTY = Bought that from you guys for the last 2 DLC's and Steam registering; already owned BL + DLC1/2 Pack from Retail actually.

Ain't bought it yet club:
Darkness 2; Serious Sam 3: BFE; and Space Marine.

There are 52 weeks in the year and as I look at our calendar I try to build out deals that are going to reach enough people to make them worth doing. Going back to the discussion we've had a couple of times around Price Matching, this is again the reason we're testing not doing as much of it. Customers like you all will recognize where and when all the sales have occurred across the internet, but the rest of our customers who aren't as plugged into what is happening everywhere else won't feel like we're constantly running the same pricing structure.

Just food for thought/my perspective on the promotional calendar. As always, I appreciate your feedback and take it into account as I build out our promotional cadence.

Cheers,
Tony
The thing I like about you guys matching prices is often there's a game somewhere else...and well, I'd honestly rather have it from you Amazon DVG guys. Sometimes I see a good price - and well, I just don't wanna wait...

I do like A LOT of your policies w/ install-limit DRM and other things - as long as you're in business, you guys can supply me new keys if I somehow run out of activations; willing to tackle issues if a game can't get activated [see what you did to convince Deep Silver to drop Tages online activation]; or whatever the case may be.

Also, I really like when you tell us when I want you to match something, you go the extra mile and tell me you got an upcoming sale coming up with a better price soon - i.e. see plans for Serious Sam 3: BFE.

You Amazon DVG guys obviously keep finding ways to want my business...and I keep giving it to you.

[quote name='thegreatest']Tony has answered all of my questions, and I think he did so all within an hour of me asking. Some of the questions he as even answered several times (because I keep nagging him about Red Orchestra 2, sorry Tony).

EDIT: Tony has no say in whether or not Amazon.ca gets the same treatment. How can you hold that against him?[/QUOTE]

[...]

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm not holding it against him, but rather I inquired about it hoping he could pass on my concerns, or at least discuss them. As he just said above, he responds to all inquires. In six months, he has not responded to mine.

Does my inquiry not fall into the all category?

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I'm not holding it against him, but rather I inquired about it hoping he could pass on my concerns, or at least discuss them. As he just said above, he responds to all inquires. In six months, he has not responded to mine.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect him to do about the .ca site? I don't see what you think he can do about it.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Here is the message I sent to support, which I was told was being fast tracked to the higher ups and never got a response. I also sent this message to you, and never got a response. See the spoiler tag, and take note of the date.

Pictures:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/83/screencap1.png
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4796/screencap2k.png

That PM was sent to you in October of last year. I guess you don't respond to all inquiries.

Anyway, I was responding to Lemar when I came across your post. I simply disagreed with it and voiced my opinion. I have no intention of hijacking this thread. If you would like to PM feel free, although it would have been appreciated 6-months ago.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing, sorry for the SUPER delayed response. Not to make an excuse but rather offer an explanation, between CAG, Neogaf and Reddit I probably field between 200 questions/concerns/comments per day. I do this while negotiating, building out, and executing the promotions you see each week. Sometimes I miss questions...but when I do I generally reply in thread with something to the effect of "hey guys, this week is crazy and I really need you to re-ask any questions I've missed".

As for the difference between .ca, .com, et al, it isn't a question of wanting to treat everyone fairly (I'd love to sell you game downloads using whatever currency you want to give me), but one of international tax, tariff, and trade laws that I simply don't have enough understanding of to respond in an intelligent manner.

Again, sorry it took so long to get back to you. In the future, I'd recommend just re-pinging me and saying "hey man, I asked you this question, can you respond?".

Hope this clears things up, again, sorry for the delay.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='thegreatest']What do you expect him to do about the .ca site? I don't see what you think he can do about it.[/QUOTE]

I expected him to respond, discuss, tell me himself he couldn't offer any he help. Again, look above, he asked me to respond:

Sometimes it's nice to discuss things with a person and get the sense they at least care. I am sure Tony would not refute that personal experiences with store representitives affect a person's entire outlook of a company.

I'm also sure that Tony is a great guy and has helped many of you. Again, I had an experience, and Tony asked me to elaborate on that experience.
----

@Tony, thanks for the feedback.

[quote name='thegreatest']Tony has answered all of my questions, and I think he did so all within an hour of me asking. Some of the questions he as even answered several times (because I keep nagging him about Red Orchestra 2, sorry Tony).

EDIT: Tony has no say in whether or not Amazon.ca gets the same treatment. How can you hold that against him?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Look forward to seeing some of these upcoming sales. :D

Nobody's arguing your price-points. You guys are often VERY tough to top.
And often, if there's something I want matched [as long as it ain't International], it happens.

Like I said before - "I buy too many games."

ME3 - waiting for Amazon to ship it in a DVD Retail Box and will wait for its arrival...
Dungeon Siege 3 - won it from a Twitter contest a while back. :p
Just Cause 2 - bought it already, a bit ago at $5 from Gamersgate last year
DAO Ultimate + DA2 - Bought them all LONG TIME ago elsewhere. DAO [Original] was a X-Mas present for me, years back; actually, I think it was from Amazon Retail. I know I bought DAO Awakening from Amazon Retail. Bought DAO: Ultimate from Steam for all DLC that I was missing. Bought DA2 not too long after it's release from Origin.
LA Noire - Forget the Regular Edition, I already bought Complete Edition from you guys late last year. :p
Crysis 2 - Bought it from you guys a while back when it was $10
Crysis Max - Already bought Crysis + Warhead LONG ago at Retail.
Borderland GOTY = Bought that from you guys for the last 2 DLC's and Steam registering; already owned BL + DLC1/2 Pack from Retail actually.

Ain't bought it yet club:
Darkness 2; Serious Sam 3: BFE; and Space Marine.

The thing I like about you guys matching prices is often there's a game somewhere else...and well, I'd honestly rather have it from you Amazon DVG guys. Sometimes I see a good price - and well, I just don't wanna wait...

I do like A LOT of your policies w/ install-limit DRM and other things - as long as you're in business, you guys can supply me new keys if I somehow run out of activations; willing to tackle issues if a game can't get activated [see what you did to convince Deep Silver to drop Tages online activation]; or whatever the case may be.

Also, I really like when you tell us when I want you to match something, you go the extra mile and tell me you got an upcoming sale coming up with a better price soon - i.e. see plans for Serious Sam 3: BFE.

You Amazon DVG guys obviously keep finding ways to want my business...and I keep giving it to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, also, MysterD, if you don't buy Serious Sam in the upcoming sale you're crazy...we're doing a 4-pack for $30 :).

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I'm not holding it against him, but rather I inquired about it hoping he could pass on my concerns, or at least discuss them. As he just said above, he responds to all inquires. In six months, he has not responded to mine.

Does my inquiry not fall into the all category?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thegreatest']What do you expect him to do about the .ca site? I don't see what you think he can do about it.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem here is that I just didn't respond. Which is totally a fair call out. Like I said, in the future just poke me again so it rises to the top of my list and I can respond immediately.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I expected him to respond, discuss, tell me himself he couldn't offer any he help. Again, look above, he asked me to respond:

Sometimes it's nice to discuss things with a person and get the sense they at least care. I am sure Tony would not refute that personal experiences with store representitives affect a person's entire outlook of a company.

I'm also sure that Tony is a great guy and has helped many of you. Again, I had an experience, and Tony asked me to elaborate on that experience.
----

@Tony, thanks for the feedback.[/QUOTE]

If you knew he couldn't offer help (which he can't), why would you even ask? You are just asking for a "bad experience".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back