Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo....when is Metro 2033 $5? I keep thinking I see people mentioning it was already that price, then I get there, and....nope :(. Mid - May is the best answer as of now? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='MysterD']The thing is, I don't think Double Fine ever updated Non-Steam builds of Psychonauts PC themselves [for Majesco retail disc version or GOG version]...
There's complaints of that on the GOG Boards and even gamers trying making their own patch for Non-Steam versions.

Steam version is the most officially patched-up version (1.04) of Psychonauts PC.

It would be something Tony would have to talk to Double Fine about.

EDIT:
Honestly, DF should release a 1.04 patch and update for ALL Versions of Psychonauts PC.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks

Was going to ask about a sale on Arma Dos, but it looks like I was long since beaten (and for the very same reason!) I'll be waiting with breathless anticipation for a sale. I need me some DayZ action.

re: GOT RPG

Tony what additional DRM, if any, does the Steam version have? I am interested in the game but this is very important to me to know. I am very suspicious of Focus Home Interactive. The prior Game of Thrones Strategy game they put out is Steamworks (all versions) yet they still added additional DRM on top of that. I bough it and was extremely displeased to say the least.

If you can confirm for 100% sure that the Steam version of this new GOT RPG has no additional DRM beyond Steam I will buy it but I will not if Focus is double or triple DRM dipping and and added more (imo unnecessary) DRM on top of Steamworks.

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
Very interesting insight on how things work at Amazon DVG!!

I already own Divinity 2: DKS from you guys at Amazon DVG without DRM, so I don't see a want or need for a Steam version. :p

I could careless about Steam Achievements, when there's a DRM-FREE version around. DRM is more important to me than Steam Achievements.[/QUOTE]

I am the polar opposite. I hate DRM free and don't want it. I want Steam. I am definitely interested in D2: DKS for Steam even though I already own the non-Steam version. :p

It's fine that you don't want it but I am just putting it out there that some people do.

It goes back to the whole TASTES GREAT/LESS FILLING thing I mentioned before, I think people are split between DRM Free and Steam (with everyone pretty much hating non-Steam DRM but viewing as a necessary evil sometimes) so having both options is a good idea as far as I am concerned.

I read you need both ARMA II and the expansion to play the Dayz mod? Can anyone confirm? I was not interested in the game, but then looked up the mod on youtube and am very interested now.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I read you need both ARMA II and the expansion to play the Dayz mod? Can anyone confirm? I was not interested in the game, but then looked up the mod on youtube and am very interested now.[/QUOTE]
http://dayzmod.com/about.php

It says you need Arma II: CO. This version contains both the original game and the expansion.

[quote name='twztid13']Soooo....when is Metro 2033 $5? I keep thinking I see people mentioning it was already that price, then I get there, and....nope :(. Mid - May is the best answer as of now? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

About a month ago, I bought mine on April 5, 2012.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thanks! Now I know which version to buy if it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]
BTW, I was reading through some ARMA II forums and noticed that many of the mods are compatible with Steam, so I did a little happy dance since I bought that ARMA pack a while back on Steam and this gives me something to look forward to. :)

[quote name='hollowfreak']About a month ago, I bought mine on April 5, 2012.[/QUOTE]
It was just in a weekly deal vote as one of 4 games that would go on sale last week. It was way ahead when I voted for it, so I'm talking about something more recent, it seems.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
FFXI UA will be 60% off btw.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony what have you done! You have unleashed a plethora of content for such a minimal cost. It would reduce even the most hardened to a puddle of ignorant primordial goo.

Actually it's not that bad, the dynamic has changed from what it once was. You don't need a massive amount of people or high level to do much. A small group of friends, some decent gear and a handful of tactics will get you far.

It does sound tempting, to jump back into the world of Vana'diel. The challanging fights, the beautiful scenery, interesting characters and story. It's a lot to take in, but if you set a goal your in for one hell of a journey. Also i think XI handled job classes perfectly, no longer was i tethered to one role i could change jobs and gear and be good at what i did. Even though i have played it on an off for the last couple of coughsinceitsbeenoutcough. But playing an MMO by yourself is redundant, since everyone i knew then is probably gone now.

A man can dream.

[quote name='Motoki']re: GOT RPG

Tony what additional DRM, if any, does the Steam version have? I am interested in the game but this is very important to me to know. I am very suspicious of Focus Home Interactive. The prior Game of Thrones Strategy game they put out is Steamworks (all versions) yet they still added additional DRM on top of that. I bough it and was extremely displeased to say the least.

If you can confirm for 100% sure that the Steam version of this new GOT RPG has no additional DRM beyond Steam I will buy it but I will not if Focus is double or triple DRM dipping and and added more (imo unnecessary) DRM on top of Steamworks.

I am the polar opposite. I hate DRM free and don't want it. I want Steam. I am definitely interested in D2: DKS for Steam even though I already own the non-Steam version. :p

It's fine that you don't want it but I am just putting it out there that some people do.

It goes back to the whole TASTES GREAT/LESS FILLING thing I mentioned before, I think people are split between DRM Free and Steam (with everyone pretty much hating non-Steam DRM but viewing as a necessary evil sometimes) so having both options is a good idea as far as I am concerned.[/QUOTE]
Why do you hate DRM FREE?

If Steam goes down forever [which likely ain't happening soon], you're screwed - unless game company patches DRM-layer out of EXE; some hacker has a crack out for it; or Steam does something about the "must jump online w/ Steam once a month" requirement. For SP-games, DRM-FREE is the way to go.

I have not many problems w/ Steam. For a DRM-system [when dev's don't use additional pointless DRM], it works well, compared to most. It makes actual sense, for the most part. Though, I don't like that I have to run Steam in the background to run a SP-portion of a game. That's annoying. I do like their Friends List; Back-Up Utility Tool for Archiving Games; Forums; Screenshot Taking; and other cool features they have.

Of course, I think the best way things were handled by certain games like X3: Terran Conflict at Retail. Buy the game at retail [which has a Non-Steam style DRM and a game-key with it]; get the newest official patch that tosses the DRM out; AND additionally take your game key to register it on Steam [to have another version of the game].

Best of ALL worlds there.
ALL bases covered.

Ehh... I'm sure FFXI is great, but paying a monthly fee over $10 is hella steep in my opinion for an older game. Maybe $5; I mean, it's a decade old, c'mon... As if Sqeenix doesn't make enough money.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ehh... I'm sure FFXI is great, but paying a monthly fee over $10 is hella steep in my opinion for an older game. Maybe $5; I mean, it's a decade old, c'mon... As if Sqeenix doesn't make enough money.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure SE would have lowered the fee or made it F2P if FFXIV hadn't been such a colossal failure. They didn't charge a fee for over a year on FFXIV; all that lost revenue had to be made up even if only partially and FFXI is somewhat of a cash cow for SE because even after 10 years plenty of people play FFXI and new people are still coming in all the time.

Hm, perhaps. Why did XIV suck so badly? Can't remember the last time a Final Fantasy game "failed" (not including naysayers just bashing a title like XII).

I guess I'm not all there. When I looked last, Metro 2033 was way ahead in the voting. Now I see that Darksiders won, so THAT'S why Metro 2033 isn't on sale :wall:. Not hurting for it, but it's a game I haven't played, and I played the crap out of Darksiders, so I definitely don't need that. I just couldn't figure out why Metro 2033 wasn't showing up on sale, lol. Reading is fundamental!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hm, perhaps. Why did XIV suck so badly? Can't remember the last time a Final Fantasy game "failed" (not including naysayers just bashing a title like XII).[/QUOTE]

The game launched in shambles. There was no content almost to speak of, you just ran around doing these things called Levequests which basically amounted to killing a certain number of enemies, you know the kind of shitty quests you find in those generic F2P MMOs. Gone was FFXI's awesome job system replaced by some shitty thing called the armoury system with shitty non FF jobs and where things like miner and botanist were their own jobs even though they couldn't fight at all except for throwing rocks. Gone was FFXI's awesome combat system where you have an insane amount of abilities and spells for each job and where basic attacks are handled automatically like in FFXII, here you had only 4 or 5 abilities or spells you could set at once per job 2 of which were basic attacks as there was no auto-attack (it was later added though thankfully). It also had plenty of technical issues at launch as well like poor performance on cards that should've been able to handle it no problem and severe lag in the menus, the cursor would move like a second or two after you hit the d-pad. They patched a lot since it launched and they fixed a lot and sloppily tacked on a FFXI-like job system over the armoury system but the game is still light years from FFXI. That's why Tony and his buddies at Amazon Digital are selling it for $9.99 and selling the 10 year old FFXI for double that. That should pretty much say it all. If not there's always the metacritic scores; FFXI's is 85 and FFXIV's is 49...

They've been working on a total reboot too called "version 2.0" which will be out this holiday season supposedly with a new beta available around September. They're promising a complete overhaul with a new graphic engine and UI but unless they lose the horrible armoury system altogether I can't really be very optimistic about it.

From your comment I take it that you like FFXII, well FFXII was heavily inspired by FFXI. The combat system, the world map made up of connecting zones, etc...

Well, there's not really a particular Final Fantasy that I don't like. I think they're all well made games (perhaps bar XIV, it seems), even if I don't find some all that fun. For example I had and continue to have a hard time getting into VII, which is generally the best title of them all in most fans' opinions. I also don't much care for XIII (haven't played XIII-2) yet; I love certain aspects of it, like the extremely detailed cinematics and effort towards story, but the combat system feels far too simplistic and frenzied for my taste. Tactics is by far my favorite title, with IX and XII fighting for second. All three of those games just don't seem to have any major flaws to them. Some people abhor XII, but most of those complaints stem from the storyline and world, since it's not as much a true Final Fantasy game as much as the others are since it uses the Ivalice universe. The sad thing is that if they called the game Final Fantasy Tactics 2 or something along those lines, people likely wouldn't complain so much, since the intricate political based storyline is a throwback to FFT.

It does seem that with newer RPGs, publishers have massively dumbed them down to appeal to a larger audience. Fable 3 did it, but they still executed the game fairly well and added a good number of new features to keep peoples' attention. XIV probably did the same, but when you remove features and dumb things down too much... you may have problems. Final Fantasy fans are not fans because Final Fantasy games are simple though; that's a terrible direction for Squeenix to go.

Anyways, sorry to derail the thread. I think Final Fantasy is a topic that a lot of people could go on and on about, lol.

Yasumi Matsuno did the story for both FFT and FFXII and Hiroyuki Itō directed FFT, FFVI FFIX and FFXII. Itō has been working on a big unannounced project for many years now, probably FFXV. So you have that to look forward to, maybe this generation if we're lucky. Sadly Matsuno left SE and went to Level-5.

I too am sorry for derailing the thread. Back to Tony and his amazing deals.

I respect what you have to say Idiotekque and i would defend to the death your right to say it. Though time has passed since launch, i still think it would be worth $15 a month. I mean people played mmo's like everquest before it went F2P, any Phantasy Star and hell look how many people still played Star Wars Galaxies before they shut of those servers (I'm sure the jedi's felt that). I feel at the the end of the the game itself only accounts for half of its worth. The other half is the community, which can be said about any online game.

I couldn't really give you a terrible first impression of XIV, i played it late last year. Honestly it was to my surprise, good. I didn't get to end game but i thought it had some value. I had a small group and i spent a lot of my time having fun. Graphically i thought it was freaking gorgeous, but i think TERA takes the cake in that department. I will say i was not a fan of that whole job system, i really didnt find any of the roles too appealing. Also i wasnt around for that whole experience point cap dilemma.

There is a lot to be said about Square-Enix, they are one of the few companies that listen to their fanbase. How many developers can you say said "Oh okay we've made some mistakes, how can we make this better for you". I could only think of bethesda, bioware and maybe Sony Online Entertainment (Lets face it, F2P or not they made DC Universe better not to say it wasnt good in the first place).

[quote name='Idiotekque']
It does seem that with newer RPGs, publishers have massively dumbed them down to appeal to a larger audience. Fable 3 did it, but they still executed the game fairly well and added a good number of new features to keep peoples' attention. XIV probably did the same, but when you remove features and dumb things down too much... you may have problems. Final Fantasy fans are not fans because Final Fantasy games are simple though; that's a terrible direction for Squeenix to go.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't of said that better, SE has fell astray from their roots, they have their hands into too many pots. As a developer, yes observe the consumers around you but don't throw away the people that helped found you. EX Nintendo (Hey we will throw you a bone with a Mario and Zelda game "you should be so lucky to get a quality game.") Take risks once and a while, they can freaking afford it. If i see an RPG from SE i expect a long quality game, a grind, a good story and memorable characters.

Yes a grind, i don't care how you try to mask it. Or more specifically a time investment. It's what separates me from any average joe. Be it with experience, killing a monster for drops or getting materials. If anyone could do everything instantly, would you care? would you appreciate where you were? would you even keep playing?

That's my piece about XI, Square-Enix and the state of MMO's. In a nutshell everyone's got their thing aka "Dr.Cidlove or: How i learned to start gaming and love the grind"

P.S.: RoyMustang you have ignited a fire in me that can only be quelled by going back. Maybe i'll start a group again. Finish some things i never got a chance to do. It's nice have that feeling again. You have my thanks.

Tony make that deal happen sooner.

As far as the support for the game and servers goes, I'm sure it's worth a paid subscription. I'm just someone who has dabbled in F2P games off and on over the years and experienced pretty damn good support on F2P games, with the paid benefits not being so overwhelming that you felt like you were playing a watered down game. At the risk of being mocked for playing it, I used to have a lot of fun with Maple Story back in the day. Sure, Nexon may be the evil moneygrubbing megacorporation that you'd expect them to be, but they keep their games strong and frequently updated. What do you have to pay for that? Nothing; and they were (and still are, I'm sure) well made games.

Mabinogi was another one I played. The same caliber as XI? Probably not; neither is Maple Story (although that's an entirely different angle for a game), but they made a staggering amount of money by giving players the choice. You could be a cheapass and play the game, or you could fork over some cash and have some really cool stuff that made the game even better (flying mounts, for example, in Mabinogi). It sounds like XI has that same sort of thing going on with "crysta"? I guess I'm just not the kind of person who would pay out $15 a month for a game that is unarguably aging, and then pay for an in game point system on top of that. That's a lot of money, especially in comparison to a PS3 game where you can buy it used for $10, and then hook up and play online with a strong player base for free. With the increase of technology comes more connectability, and with that it's hard to warrant such a high price for subscription fees these days. PSU was and still is a pretty damn well made and popular MMORPG, and the subscription fee isn't $15. As much as I love Squeenix, it's hard to ignore the fact that they're kinda using the name "Final Fantasy" to warrant that high of a subscription fee.

In the end I'd just hate to see them shut the servers down and move on, as opposed to just dropping the fee to account for the age of the title. Money is boss though; fans are second. Even the greatest publisher out there has to follow that creed; we wouldn't have games otherwise.

Well, as the sale is live, I can't recommend Psychonauts enough. After sitting in my steamventory for years I finally played it for the holiday achievement and had a great time. Great game.

I've been playing MMOs for oh... 12, 13 years? Played so, so many and Final Fantasy XIV is, bar none, the worst one I've ever tried. XI was highly flawed, but it was from the dark ages of the genre and it still had a lot of subtle genius to it. XIV however has absolutely nothing going for it, not one single thing outside of it's brand name and even that is waning fast

Even the quintessential pieces, like the music and visuals aren't exactly anything amazing. Uematsu is, at best, batting .500 lately and this isn't much of a hit and IMO. It's just not up to snuff with XI's score and on the visuals while I genuinely think Yoshida is the best game artist in that country for my tastes the transition from art to tech is lousy here. The game is so overly smeared with plasticy normal mapping and flat lightning that nothing handdrawn can hope to peak through. (still not a bad looking game at all... just disappointing)

XIV should probably have never released, I mean they will *never* salvage that game no matter what they do to it. It was terrible conceptually and it'll be TWO YEARS OLD in September and still not a genuinely huge leap above the release version (no matter what the few fans say, it just has not progressed that much) and the stigma will never leave.

The only people who are even going to poke their heads in are the few holdouts that just refuse to give up on the ruins of the company that was Square. Still, I would kill for a post mortem on that game, myself. It has to be a fascinating story.

cool. psychonauts for 2$ . this game for my sister ;)
japan34.gif

[quote name='Meringue']I've been playing MMOs for oh... 12, 13 years? Played so, so many and Final Fantasy XIV is, bar none, the worst one I've ever tried. XI was highly flawed, but it was from the dark ages of the genre and it still had a lot of subtle genius to it. XIV however has absolutely nothing going for it, not one single thing outside of it's brand name and even that is waning fast

Even the quintessential pieces, like the music and visuals aren't exactly anything amazing. Uematsu is, at best, batting .500 lately and this isn't much of a hit and IMO. It's just not up to snuff with XI's score and on the visuals while I genuinely think Yoshida is the best game artist in that country for my tastes the transition from art to tech is lousy here. The game is so overly smeared with plasticy normal mapping and flat lightning that nothing handdrawn can hope to peak through. (still not a bad looking game at all... just disappointing)

XIV should probably have never released, I mean they will *never* salvage that game no matter what they do to it. It was terrible conceptually and it'll be TWO YEARS OLD in September and still not a genuinely huge leap above the release version (no matter what the few fans say, it just has not progressed that much) and the stigma will never leave.

The only people who are even going to poke their heads in are the few holdouts that just refuse to give up on the ruins of the company that was Square. Still, I would kill for a post mortem on that game, myself. It has to be a fascinating story.[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with everything you said except for FFXI because the game has evolved so much in its ten year existence that pretty much any flaws that were present at launch are long gone. The patches being applied to FFXIV have equated to nothing more than spraying Fabreeze on a turd; it may smell better but it's still a turd. As for Uematsu I think he does better work when he has fewer tracks to work on. For XIV they asked him to do the whole thing and I think the quality took a hit because of it. In XI he only did a small number a tracks and they were amazing and Naoshi Mizuta really did an amazing job with most of the rest of XI's tracks. "The Sanctuary of Zi'tah" is still to this day my favorite piece of FF music. I remember just going to Zi'tah to hang out and listen to it as it combined with the sound of the falling rain (it often rained in that zone).

I just bought "Oh so fine" bundle. At first I wanted to pick up only Psychonauts, but I couldn't resist not buying all 3 of them.

I picked up a couple from the 1C sale and now the Double Fine bundle. So, I have added 5 more games to my backlog without getting what I have been after: Dead Island and The Witcher 2.

Well played, Tony. Well played.

[quote name='kayatai']Couldn't resist Psychonauts @ 1.99 even though I have no idea if I'll ever get around to playing it.[/QUOTE]

I have 96 games on steam. I don't think I've even played a quarter of them lol.

Aw, nobody is voting for Sengoku. :( I want it.

By the way, Costume Quest is phenomenal, and obviously Psychonauts is a classic. If I didn't have them both, I'd definitely get the bundle. As it is, I'm only missing Stacking and am torn. I'll probably just wait on it.

So what is the DRM in the bundle that's on sale now? I was about to buy it but want to make sure what kind of DRM they have. Do any of the 3 games activate on steam?

[quote name='unknown0']So what is the DRM in the bundle that's on sale now? I was about to buy it but want to make sure what kind of DRM they have. Do any of the 3 games activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

All 3 activate on steam. And if you buy the bundle, they all come with seperate keys for each game.

[quote name='Meringue']I've been playing MMOs for oh... 12, 13 years? Played so, so many and Final Fantasy XIV is, bar none, the worst one I've ever tried. XI was highly flawed, but it was from the dark ages of the genre and it still had a lot of subtle genius to it. XIV however has absolutely nothing going for it, not one single thing outside of it's brand name and even that is waning fast

The only people who are even going to poke their heads in are the few holdouts that just refuse to give up on the ruins of the company that was Square. Still, I would kill for a post mortem on that game, myself. It has to be a fascinating story.[/QUOTE]

Actually, FFXIV has had a mini-resurgeance lately. A job system has been placed in line with the 'Armoury System' (which is not bad -- Its just a traditional XP system with the ability to change jobs on the fly now. I don't see why it was such a huge point of contention). End-game content, while still a little sparse, is there -- you have dungeons, job quests for classic FF-looking gear, fights against Summons (and a moogle!), a new world-system called Hamlet being put in fully later this month, a PvP Coliseum in the works for v2.0, and even specific world events/story for those playing now that will be impossible to experience come 'A Realm Reborn' (thats v2.0. Though some think they'll just rebrand it FFXV and be done).

Leves are no more boring/time filler than 'Kill 10 Boar' quests in every other MMO ever. At least the leves shake it up a bit from time to time. You can level to max on any combat class without touching leves though, and its a pretty quick road to 50 the first time around.

I agree with some of your criticisms. The 'plastic-ness' of the environment is something that bugs me a lot, but looks like v2.0 will fix it. Don't write off FFXIV just yet, imo. If you are curious now, you get a free 30 days of course and if you are subbed for ~90 days by the time the beta for v2.0 rolls around, you get a permanently discounted monthly fee (9.99 for 8 characters!), among other benefits. I think they're doing a free week of play soon but it might be for only lapsed accounts. Last I saw, $10 was how much a DD copy off Amazon was. I'll admit I bought it out of morbid curiosity, and ended up surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

The game is worthy now, and will be more so once it is completely relaunched with the remaining bits of crap left in the game cleaned out. FFXIV has its issues, but they are no more/less annoying than FFXI's issues were in 2004. Yeah, that's a -bad- thing, sure, but until v2.0, the team pushing updates is working within an extremely flawed system. I want to see what they do with the game once this new team has THEIR own game -- their code, not the code of some madman -- to develop content for.

(Nothing will ever replace FFXI for me though. Years of my life spent on that game. Years.)

anyone know how to find out if programs will run on your pcs

like to buy

Costume Quest - $2.99 but dont know if it will run on my pc

how do we find out what sort of video card we have in our system

it says it nees

intel Core 2 Duo at 2 GHz, or AMD Athlon 64 at 2 GHzGHz
RAM: 1GB
Hard Drive: 1504MB
Video Card: 256 MB NVidia 8800+, ATI 3850+

PC i have is

AMD phenom tm 9500 quad core 2.20ghz
6gb
64 bit oper.

im guessing my system is too old to run it ?

think i might of found it is this right??
name
NVIDIA GEFORCE 6150SE N FORCE 430
total memory 2152 MB
would that be my video card

Damn it i cant decide if i should buy Stacking for $7.5 or not.I really want the game but that price feels to much.Does anyone know how long the game is? I usually go 1 hour = $1 route so if game is 7 hours with its dlc i would be ok.

Just bit the bullet and got the 3 pack of games. Stacking was iffy but did hear some good things about it. I honestly wanted Costume Quest and that used to be $10 by it self.

BTW, how does everyone organize their games? I was messing with Rainmeter and xwidget, I just have so many games. Would like some sort of separate window or folder that looked cool.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know how to find out if programs will run on your pcs

like to buy

it says it nees

PC i have is

6gb
64 bit oper.

name
total memory 2152 MB
would that be my video card[/QUOTE]

You need to replace that video card. You either have integrated graphics or a GT430. And both are pretty weak for gaming. The rest of your system exceeds those requirements.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know how to find out if programs will run on your pcs

like to buy

it says it nees

PC i have is

6gb
64 bit oper.[/quote]
Are you on Windows 7?
Or Vista?

It's the vid card holding you back, nothing else...

name
total memory 2152 MB
would that be my video card

Yes, that is your video card.
Swap it out for something better - since that looks to be the only piece holding you back.

And make sure when you do buy a new vid-card, your watt supply and system handle it.
I'd recommend GeForce 560 Ti [or above], if your PC meets the vid card's requirements.

[quote name='MysterD']Why do you hate DRM FREE?
[opinions about steam snipped]
[/QUOTE]

To be blunt, it's a pain in the ass. I don't want it. It's my opinion. You don't have to agree or understand or even like it but it's my opinion.

I'm not going to get too much into the whole long thing about Steam and if it goes down bla bla. The world could end tomorrow? Who knows? Anyway they've said if that were ever to happen they'd patch the games out to not need the client and finally if all else fails if I have to I'd find a way to make them work. If I have to resort to other means to crack a game I paid for I will but I don't think it will come down to that.

Anyway, I don't want to get into the back and forth. You prefer DRM free over Steam. I get it. Now respect my preference please.

DRM free games are pain if they dont have their own automatic patchers.

And i'll ask again any one know how long Stacking is with DLC?

Is Psychonauts playable on Windows 7? I own it for the Xbox, but wouldn't mind replaying it on the computer for that price if it'll run.

[quote name='Decker']Is Psychonauts playable on Windows 7? I own it for the Xbox, but wouldn't mind replaying it on the computer for that price if it'll run.[/QUOTE]

Yep, works fine. I've played it on Windows 7 64 bit.

Psychonauts is a fantastic game... A steal at $2.

The game was updated with Steam Achievements if you're into that sort of thing ;) (and Steam Cloud)

[quote name='mogamer']You need to replace that video card. You either have integrated graphics or a GT430. And both are pretty weak for gaming. The rest of your system exceeds those requirements.[/QUOTE]

thanks for all the help i doubt i get a new video card but a new PC soon (system is like 5 years old) and makes alot of noise sometimes (like fan is going out) makes the noise like a dvd rom is in when there is nothing in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back