Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burnout Paradise is a great game and $4.99 is a really good deal. Be aware, however, that there's a ton of DLC locked inside of this "all inclusive Ultimate Edition" game that cannot be unlocked or purchased anymore. It will be in the selection menu mocking you with lots of really cool cars. I own the game on Steam already but I would buy another copy during this sale in a second if EA were to unlock them for us now.

Help us Tony, you're our only hope!

And if that ever happens, next try prodding EA to release the extra island the console game had in it. :(

[quote name='hal']Burnout Paradise is a great game and $4.99 is a really good deal. Be aware, however, that there's a ton of DLC locked inside of this "all inclusive Ultimate Edition" game that cannot be unlocked or purchased anymore. It will be in the selection menu mocking you with lots of really cool cars. I own the game on Steam already but I would buy another copy during this sale in a second if EA were to unlock them for us now.

Help us Tony, you're our only hope!

And if that ever happens, next try prodding EA to release the extra island the console game had in it. :([/QUOTE]

Support for Paradise is dead, so what you see is what you get. After playing a borrowed PS3 copy for a bit and subsequently picking it up during a Steam sale, I ended up re-buying on PS3 so I could get some of the extra DLCs (particularly Big Surf Island, which adds a lot of content to the base game). If you don't own a console, enjoy tooling around in driving games but are not one of those guys who owns a racing wheel or thinks this genre should be restricted to sim-like games along the lines of GRID or ProStreet, you should get this game. There are myriad event types so even if you're crap (like me) at straight racing, there are events where your objective is to destroy the other vehicles or see how many fancy stunts you can complete in a limited time, etc. If you have a PC and an XBOX 360 controller, that's probably the best way to play (although you can tweak it to work with other controllers).

[quote name='warreni']Support for Paradise is dead, so what you see is what you get.[/QUOTE]

There is a mod that can be found floating about that unlocks some of this, but I'd much rather see EA take care of their business and allow us the ability to access the content we paid for without entering any grey area.

[quote name='hal']There is a mod that can be found floating about that unlocks some of this, but I'd much rather see EA take care of their business and allow us the ability to access the content we paid for without entering any grey area.[/QUOTE]

the mod only unlock some car skin, i believe. As far as new game mode (cop and robber) or big expansion (big surf island), I dont think it is possible.

EA only has residue code in the ultimate edition, not the complete one so that we cant mod it out

Yeah, the island never got ported and that's hard enough to live without. And yes, you're correct in that only some of the cars can be unlocked via the mod.

[quote name='Evrad']
And i have a question: is the sega mega pack (48 games), a collection of genesis (or megadrive) games? Will it have a steam key?
[/QUOTE]

I know the regular version currently posted does not give a Steam key (I asked the last time it went on sale), however I would like to ask if it would be possible to get a Steam key for the Genesis Mega Pack.

Would also like to know if there will ever be a Mega pack that includes Series 5 with the Phantasy Star games etc.

[quote name='CheapyD']Just bought my first game as a soon-to-be PC owner: Payday for $5.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Just in time to finish out MAYhem and catch your first Steam seasonal sale. Watch out though Cheapy, this is a bit like a dealer finally sampling his own wares. I hope your wallet is ready...

[quote name='Motoki']I know the regular version currently posted does not give a Steam key (I asked the last time it went on sale), however I would like to ask if it would be possible to get a Steam key for the Genesis Mega Pack.

Would also like to know if there will ever be a Mega pack that includes Series 5 with the Phantasy Star games etc.[/QUOTE]

I am also curious about possible Steam support as well as including the latest pack of games.

Hey Tony, Does Amazon sell the DLC for Bioshock 2 (Minerva's Den)? I know that Direct2Drive sold it before it became Gamefly. Is GFWL the only place to buy the DLC?

Thanks!

[quote name='Motoki']... however I would like to ask if it would be possible to get a Steam key for the Genesis Mega Pack...[/QUOTE]

This is what i wanted to say ;)

PS: A Genesis Mega Pack key for steam, if you buy the Genesis Collection in Amazon.

[quote name='CheapyD']Just bought my first game as a soon-to-be PC owner: Payday for $5.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to enlightenment Cheapy!

FULL- look elsewhere/form a new group. Anyone left who wants in on a Payday 4-pack copy? The game would cost $3.75 per copy and I have 2 slots open. I'd just give you the code, which registers on Steam. Please PM me if you're interested- I will be purchasing in about an hour or so.

Payment methods accepted: Paypal, Amazon Payments, Amazon gift card

Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007ZE867S/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

1) myself
2) taken- friend
3) taken- CAG
4) taken- CAG

Will there be any other games added to MAYhem? [just curious]
Was under the impression there could be changes every couple days.

Keep up the good work Tony!

[quote name='randomdud']Anyone left who wants in on a Payday 4-pack copy? The game would cost $3.75 per copy and I have 2 slots open. I'd just give you the code, which registers on Steam. Please PM me if you're interested- I will be purchasing in about an hour or so.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B007ZE867S/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

1) myself
2) taken- friend
3) taken- CAG ev768
4) open[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in 1 copy

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Will there be any other games added to MAYhem? [just curious]
Was under the impression there could be changes every couple days.

Keep up the good work Tony![/QUOTE]

Yep, deals will be rotating in and out. I don't think Tony can spill the beans on everything just now, though. . . .

[quote name='renhoelder']Is the Alice The Madness Returns/Mirror's Edge bundle going to be part of the MAYhem extravaganza or just a deal later on?[/QUOTE]
It's coming midweek.

Fair warning: While it is definitely fun at first, it can be easy to burn out on it fast, so hopefully you buy some other cheapo games and mix it up. Also, it is 10x more fun if you play with people on your Steam friends list, with everyone on voice. Lastly, check the Steam forums for FAQ and meta game type stuff that will make gameplay a lot smoother. You'll hit a pretty difficult wall on the higher difficulties if you don't 'get' how the game wants you to play.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1225

I'm not sure if this have been asked already..

I already purchased Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition a couple of months ago the non-steam version, is it possible to get a Steam key now? Or have my copy converted to the Steam copy?

[quote name='TheHeretic']I'm not sure if this have been asked already..

I already purchased Sid Meiers Civilization IV: The Complete Edition a couple of months ago the non-steam version, is it possible to get a Steam key now? Or have my copy converted to the Steam copy?[/QUOTE]

It looks like the answer is "probably not". One guy got his version converted, but that was within a couple days of purchase.

It couldn't hurt to try, though. Worst-case scenario, you're right where you are now.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']It looks like the answer is "probably not". One guy got his version converted, but that was within a couple days of purchase.

It couldn't hurt to try, though. Worst-case scenario, you're right where you are now.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's buried way back in the thread now, but I know at one point Tony did say he looked into the possibility of giving prior purchasers of the games that have Steam versions available now the Steam codes but that it just wasn't possible.

The official line is definitely no, but like you said someone else got customer service to make a one time exception, albeit he just recently purchased it, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

You won't regret that purchase, especially at that price. Awesome game. Already have it, hope to see you online CheapyD!

[quote name='The Nephilim']Mirror's Edge DLC is only available on the Origin store as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, now this is interesting, because as far as I can tell Mirror's Edge activates online through a EA account, but doesn't require the Origin client to be running, and there's no mention at all over the DLC needing to be regged at all. So, if the game doesn't require the Origin client, I could stomach buying the DLC for $5 from EA, and the base game from Amazon, along with Alice in the combo pack. That is if Amazon isn't carrying the DLC. Can anyone confirm the game doesn't require the Origin client?

[quote name='randomdud']FULL- look elsewhere/form a new group. Anyone left who wants in on a Payday 4-pack copy? The game would cost $3.75 per copy and I have 2 slots open. I'd just give you the code, which registers on Steam. Please PM me if you're interested- I will be purchasing in about an hour or so.

1) myself
2) taken- friend
3) taken- CAG
4) taken- CAG[/QUOTE]

is there is a slot open?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Question for you. Do you all know about the securom deauthorization tool for EA games?

What do you think about adding this to the OP? Worthwhile? Yay or nay, CAGs choice.

http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm all for it!!!
The more information the better!

Question for you. Do you all know about the securom deauthorization tool for EA games?

What do you think about adding this to the OP? Worthwhile? Yay or nay, CAGs choice.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

YAY.
and Absolutely.
PC Gamers NEED this.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank You for taking the time to look up that info. I've already downed the deauth program for mirror's edge from that link. Your making it hard to resist this sale, but you already knew that :D, owe and my vote is Yay.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Thank You for taking the time to look up that info. I've already downed the deauth program for mirror's edge from that link. Your making it hard to resist this sale, but you already knew that :D, owe and my vote id Yay.[/QUOTE]
I really want to get both these games, I just wish they activated on steam...

Am I the only one a little depressed that the only real update thus far has been a handful of racing games? ._.

I guess I thought there would be more updates.

For anyone who grabbed the Squeenix pack, you can grab the DLC (3 challenge packs + the Kain/Raziel character pack) for Guardian of Light for 90 cents a pop @ gamersgate. No, I'm not poaching Amazon, as they don't seem to offer the DLC...hah...

As an aside, does anyone have any thoughts on the PC vs 360 version? I have it for the 360, but it's languishing on the harddrive, now I'm tempted to get back in it....

I would suggest downloading the Securom diagnostic tool first because it can deauthorize several games, and then whatever it doesn't supprt, go search out the specific tool for those games. Saves you some time vs trying to find a separate tool for every game.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Am I the only one a little depressed that the only real update thus far has been a handful of racing games? ._.

I guess I thought there would be more updates.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that perception :(. We have been adding stuff regularly though. The Nordic games (Alan Wake, gothic, payday, Tera, now NFS). The reason we are light on updates during the week is that we've found the blockbuster stiff is wasted on a midweek sale as our customers just buy more over the weekends, so we pack our really good deals, which we can only run for a day or two here and there, into the weekends to maximize efficiency.

Cheers,
Tony

Well, I await the weekend! :p

I really thought hard about picking up Blood Bowl; probably would have broke at $7.99 but not $9.99. Looking forward to the Madness Returns/Mirror's Edge pack though. I'm down for that one.

Blood Bowl probably not worth picking up. There's an expansion and semi-offical "sequel" coming up very soon and the guys that make the games have been pretty terrible about supporting the old stuff.

I really dunno. Never touched that Warhammer stuff, but that one seemed pretty fun with the entire football thing. Support as far as online play you mean?

Too pricey for me anyways. I'll throw $5 at games I'm not sure about; maybe $8 at most. Not a tenner.

Does anyone know what sort of DRM (if any) the games in the racing pack have? Sorry if I've missed this answer already.

[quote name='chsty']Does anyone know what sort of DRM (if any) the games in the racing pack have? Sorry if I've missed this answer already.[/QUOTE]

Shift and Burnout show online activation and Securom. The other two don't show anything.

Hey Tony,

Couple of quick questions:

Will there be a Steam version of Saint's Row the Third?

When the Paradox games go on sale, will Crusader Kings Complete be included? Any chance you can tell us what price it and CKII will be? I missed CKII when it was on sale last (didn't have a PC capable of playing it), and now that I have a new laptop, I'm super excited about it :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back