Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='buckythekat']wish Crusader Kings II wasn't going up in price at midnight, I'm on the fence about the game and I have ~$10 left in Amazon credit

I kinda wanna see what the gold box event is going to be first[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']I think Tony said the sale was extended until 6/2, so you have time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='buckythekat']I don't think the part of Crusader Kings II going up $5 has changed unless I'm mistaken (it's still in the OP)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']The terminology from his post "this week" etc makes me think the paradox package is being extended but Tony can clarify I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, he specifically says they are extending it until 6/2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Larce80']hmm I clicked Metro 2033 and see its at $19.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bubzers']The list on the first page shows Metro 2033 ran at $4.99 through last night (May 28)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Nephilim']when's the next sale yo?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lifebenders']Thanks a lot Tony, I was able to grab 3 copies of Borderlands GOTY to play with my friends :)[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

Glad you all liked the sale. Sorry it took me a bit to update, I crashed hard last night. Mayhem! is over, but we decided to extend the Paradox sale as is through 6/2.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,
On the Hearts of Iron and Europa credit, is the 29.99 price on those going to hold steady through 7/2? Just want to be sure if I buy the pack I can hold off on using the credit without worrying the price is going to go up.

Hey Tony,

Are you guys going to have a Summer Sale to compete with Steam? I believe the Steam Sale is usually around the last week of June/first week of July.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Tony,
On the Hearts of Iron and Europa credit, is the 29.99 price on those going to hold steady through 7/2? Just want to be sure if I buy the pack I can hold off on using the credit without worrying the price is going to go up.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I've got the price set to $29.99 through 7/2.

Cheers,
Tony

Hello there,

Bought the Paradox pack. I think it's probably the best deal I've seen this year so far. CKII is awesome.

Is there going to be a promotion when the Civ 5 expansion launches? Maybe a bundle with all the DLC for a low price for those who buy the expansion, or something like that?

Looking at the front page after a big sale always feels like crashing after a big party. Everyone's gone home and you're left telling your significant other you have no idea how all those new games got into your backlog and how you promise it won't happen again - till June!

Thanks I have really been enjoying your deals I haven't pc gamed in a few years and I was never a fan of the whole download thing but it hasn't been that bad. Things have come a long way.

I am looking forward to some more deals. I am kicking myself for missing the payday triple pack. I wasn't sure what it was. Hopefully it will be back.

thanks tony. started playing Syndicate over the weekend. Such a great game for such a good price. Wouldn't have picked it up if it weren't for the sale price! keep them coming!!

Scarface, do you have an ETA on when those e-mails regarding Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron are to be sent out?

If they have, then maybe Amazon just doesn't love me, though I suppose I could check if it's credited to my account the old fashioned way.

[quote name='GamingKnight']Scarface, do you have an ETA on when those e-mails regarding Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron are to be sent out?

If they have, then maybe Amazon just doesn't love me, though I suppose I could check if it's credited to my account the old fashioned way.[/QUOTE]

I broke down and got it and the emails arrived almost simultaneously with my order confirmation.

[quote name='GamingKnight']Scarface, do you have an ETA on when those e-mails regarding Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron are to be sent out?

If they have, then maybe Amazon just doesn't love me, though I suppose I could check if it's credited to my account the old fashioned way.[/QUOTE]

My emails arrived earlier today.

Hahaha, the same thing happened with me, Fox. XD

Put it in, then all of a sudden those e-mails appear. Wonder if there's something going on with yahoo maybe, since the time stamps are definitely from hours ago.

[quote name='CuE-TiP']So I got suckered into CKII but have NO idea what the hell I'm doing. Does anyone have a quick tutorial online?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, but I am reading through this:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?583630-Crusader-Kings-II-Manual

Hope it helps you too. I tried firing that sucker up on my laptop, but was surprised at how taxing it was and how slow it was. Will have to wait to get back to my desktop.

Tony,

Glad to hear Amazon has finally severed ties with ALEC :applause:. I've personally been holding off on Amazon game purchases until this announcement.

I'm sure you'll have some awesome sales planned for June! Can't wait! :D

I've gotta ask, is there really a purpose buying Europa or Hearts of Iron? I mean, it looks like the exact same game as CKII, just in different eras.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I've gotta ask, is there really a purpose buying Europa or Hearts of Iron? I mean, it looks like the exact same game as CKII, just in different eras.[/QUOTE]

CK2 is more about managing a dynasty and medieval politics, not specifically running a kingdom. EU3 is about running a country and (Typically) map painting and conquering the world. Hearts of Iron is a hardcore WW2 strategy game with much deeper and more specific rules than CK2 and EU3.

They're all quite different.

I see; just noticed they all look like they have exactly the same graphics. Wish there was a little more variation.

In any case, when I get CKII to work on an offline computer I'm sure that will keep me busy enough...

Picked up the Paradox pack. Mostly just wanted Crusader Kings II but why not spend another $2.50 for more? Pretty much just got CKII for the Game of Thrones mod.

Picked up a ton of games from the MAYhem sale:

Aura, Aura 2, Black Mirror 2, Black Mirror 3, Civ IV, Civ V GOTY, Plentiful Paradox Package, Divinity 2, Gray Matter, Mafia 1, Mafia 2, Metro 2033, NiBiRu, Saints Row the Third, Stronghold Collection

Just wanted to say thanks to Tony for all the awesome deals! Turns out I got my new laptop just in time :)

[quote name='SqueeMK2']CK2 is more about managing a dynasty and medieval politics, not specifically running a kingdom. EU3 is about running a country and (Typically) map painting and conquering the world. Hearts of Iron is a hardcore WW2 strategy game with much deeper and more specific rules than CK2 and EU3.

They're all quite different.[/QUOTE]
They're all different, but if these games are anything like other strategy games (I've only heard of Crusader Kings in the bunch) such as Total War or Civ, they will take 50+ hours of your life each. So it depends on if you like the games in the pack and if you don't mind a deep backlog. I've yet to play Civ 5, Dead Space, and Tropico 4 which I got in 2011 during the Amazon DD $5 sale and now just added 5 more games and possibly 2 more. Between Amazon and Best Buy, it's crazy how many games you can get for $10 or less if you are patient.

[quote name='joshuatly']Is Europa Universalis Chronicles & The Hearts of Iron III Collection DRM free?[/QUOTE]
Unless Amazon added anything spiffy of their own, they should be. Paradox don't really ever use any DRM on their own games besides a forum account activation key to unlock the support forum and whatnot (with beta patches).

And yeah, they're actually different games. ;P
They use the same engine, but that only goes so far, and besides the controls largely being the same (a good thing), and the map looking much the same but with different overlay views, it's all pretty different.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well the Paradox pack is mostly Steam activated, so don't count on EU and HoI being DRM free.[/QUOTE]

No, these are older titles. Only some of Paradox's more recent titles are Steamworks and I'm not sure I'd recommend buying older grand strat games on Steam even if you were inclined to do so--I've read that people have a lot of issues with patching and mods.

[quote name='warreni']No, these are older titles. Only some of Paradox's more recent titles are Steamworks and I'm not sure I'd recommend buying older grand strat games on Steam even if you were inclined to do so--I've read that people have a lot of issues with patching and mods.[/QUOTE]

I have the entire Paradox pack (as of Summer 2011) on Steam and I haven't had any issues. Some people, Europeans especially in my experience, love to find reasons to complain about Steam.

Everything has patched fine for me with no issues. While I haven't modded the games extensively, I tried a few and they worked.

Anyway even when there are issues here and there with games on Steam there are always solutions if you look around for them.

All that said, I do think for the process for modding Steamworks games like Skyrim or Civ V is a lot nicer and less manually fussing with the files, but for older games that's just what you have to do. It is what it is.

[quote name='Motoki']I have the entire Paradox pack (as of Summer 2011) on Steam and I haven't had any issues. Some people, Europeans especially in my experience, love to find reasons to complain about Steam.

Everything has patched fine for me with no issues. While I haven't modded the games extensively, I tried a few and they worked.

Anyway even when there are issues here and there with games on Steam there are always solutions if you look around for them.

All that said, I do think for the process for modding Steamworks games like Skyrim or Civ V is a lot nicer and less manually fussing with the files, but for older games that's just what you have to do. It is what it is.[/QUOTE]

One of my biggest worries about buying any older game through Steam is that Steam basically sells the products "as is" and I guess that's fine if you know what you're getting into, but somebody buying Jedi Knight and expecting it to run without a hitch on a Win 7 PC may be in for a shock.

I prefer to buy older stuff on Gog, even if Steam has better sales. I just feel more confident that the game will actually run when I decide to install it.

Back to the topic at hand, my copy of EUIII Chronicles on Gamersgate is DRM-free and the HOI III screen also says that it is DRM-free so Amazon's downloads probably are too.

[quote name='warreni']One of my biggest worries about buying any older game through Steam is that Steam basically sells the products "as is" and I guess that's fine if you know what you're getting into, but somebody buying Jedi Knight and expecting it to run without a hitch on a Win 7 PC may be in for a shock.

I prefer to buy older stuff on Gog, even if Steam has better sales. I just feel more confident that the game will actually run when I decide to install it.

Back to the topic at hand, my copy of EUIII Chronicles on Gamersgate is DRM-free and the HOI III screen also says that it is DRM-free so Amazon's downloads probably are too.[/QUOTE]

This is a tangent from the main topic but i had to interject as that isn't true. It is part of Steams TOS for publishers to have the latest patch on steam that is available. If they don't have the latest patch steam drops it from the store. That doesn't help people who already bought it but in my opinion it is the only thing Valve can really do to try and push devs and publishers to update their game short of dropping an entire publishers catalog. This recently happened to Anno 1404 and it was removed from the tore until they can patch it.

I do agree about GOG on some older games being better but on some of their older games they are more of rereleases than patches or someone has build a proprietary emulator to run the engine in. This is what GOG specializes in and they will always be the best. However I think they might make money if they did this but we're able to work out a deal to publish older titles at other venues like team or in the $10 rack at Target.

[quote name='pROvIs']This is a tangent from the main topic but i had to interject as that isn't true. It is part of Steams TOS for publishers to have the latest patch on steam that is available. If they don't have the latest patch steam drops it from the store. That doesn't help people who already bought it but in my opinion it is the only thing Valve can really do to try and push devs and publishers to update their game short of dropping an entire publishers catalog. This recently happened to Anno 1404 and it was removed from the tore until they can patch it.[/QUOTE]

I think my statement is true as far as it goes. You're talking about games that still have some form of support (and, in fairness to Paradox, it supports the hell out of its games), but you can just go to the forums to see examples of legacy games that, patched or no, simply aren't going to run on modern systems without modification--and if you're naive enough to buy one of these games, Valve doesn't normally do refunds.

[quote name='warreni']One of my biggest worries about buying any older game through Steam is that Steam basically sells the products "as is" and I guess that's fine if you know what you're getting into, but somebody buying Jedi Knight and expecting it to run without a hitch on a Win 7 PC may be in for a shock.

Back to the topic at hand, my copy of EUIII Chronicles on Gamersgate is DRM-free and the HOI III screen also says that it is DRM-free so Amazon's downloads probably are too.[/QUOTE]

Something I really like about GOG is all the extras they include with the older games such as the manuals, maps, promotional wallpapers, etc.

I wish Amazon would start to include some extras with their games, in particular when they release some of the older games. It's not such a big problem with new releases (I often use steam to get the manual) but for older games it's not only harder to find a good manual but often times you have to read it to play the game.

On the other hand, GOG prices are a bit high for me to justify replacing my CDs.

[quote name='warreni']I think my statement is true as far as it goes. You're talking about games that still have some form of support (and, in fairness to Paradox, it supports the hell out of its games), but you can just go to the forums to see examples of legacy games that, patched or no, simply aren't going to run on modern systems without modification--and if you're naive enough to buy one of these games, Valve doesn't normally do refunds.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you saw the second paragraph clarifying this. I agree with you but for clarification the older games on Steam are the latest patch of the game. It is just that patch may not work on the latest OS. GOG goes in and does their own code to make it work. Steam does not. In most cases however the normal version from steam can run with a few minor tweaks.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Something I really like about GOG is all the extras they include with the older games such as the manuals, maps, promotional wallpapers, etc.

I wish Amazon would start to include some extras with their games, in particular when they release some of the older games. It's not such a big problem with new releases (I often use steam to get the manual) but for older games it's not only harder to find a good manual but often times you have to read it to play the game.

On the other hand, GOG prices are a bit high for me to justify replacing my CDs.[/QUOTE]

You can often find manuals for older (and newer) games at replacementdocs.com. Also, for games that Steam carries, you can often download the manual for free even if you don't own the title on Steam.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']I saw an article about this mod on RPS. I had bought CKII before I heard about the mod... but by the Seven, I will play this mod, and soon![/QUOTE]

Browsed through the comments at the RPS link and saw this:

If you don’t have CS2, Amazon’s got a sale right now: http://www.tinyurl.dk/33386. 9.99$. It activates on Steam. If you don’t live in the US just type in a fake address. http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ works for me.

Nice guys. Real subtle. :roll:

I would reccomend to Tony in motivating people to write game reviews on amazon.

I really like to read reviews to decide about game,but i dont like writing them cause i am lazy.

I suspect that many think the same,so he could motivate by like giving 5$ amazon giftcard to random people who left review or something like that.

Just a thought

[quote name='AmazingHulk']I would reccomend to Tony in motivating people to write game reviews on amazon.

I really like to read reviews to decide about game,but i dont like writing them cause i am lazy.

I suspect that many think the same,so he could motivate by like giving 5$ amazon giftcard to random people who left review or something like that.

Just a thought[/QUOTE]

There's actually an Amazon Vine Program where people who write a lot of positively rated reviews get invited into and get free products from Amazon in return for writing a review about them. The program is invite only though and the criteria for getting invited isn't very clear so your best bet is to write reviews up and write them often and do them in a way people find them helpful and then hope for an invite.

[quote name='AmazingHulk']I would reccomend to Tony in motivating people to write game reviews on amazon.

Just a thought[/QUOTE]

That's a really good idea, even something a lot smaller would be nice. The reviews help so much for technicalities (spelling?). Its the reason I didn't get Civ IV, seemed there were a lot of problems :(

[quote name='Motoki']Browsed through the comments at the RPS link and saw this:

Nice guys. Real subtle. :roll:[/QUOTE]

RPS is a UK-based site, and as such, has a huge number of non-American members.

I'm not condoning their desire to give money to Amazon US, rather than Amazon UK; but perhaps Tony's British counterparts should ride his coattails and offer equitable deals to all those gamers who drink tea and buy parrots and talk funny.

EDIT: After looking briefly at Amazon's UK site, I don't believe that digital downloads are even an option there. Certainly not for CKII, where a physical copy (the only option available) costs £23.49, or $36.36. Again, I'm not condoning anything; but I can certainly see the temptation to hop regions for a sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Needles-Kane']Its the reason I didn't get Civ IV, seemed there were a lot of problems :([/QUOTE]

Really? I find that surprising. Civ IV was released in a sorry state, but after two expansions and tons of patches I think it's quite stable. At least it has been rock solid for me over the years.

I haven't had a single issue with Civ IV either (besides totally sucking at it, but that's me + strategy games).

Also, this is hella late, but King's Bounty? I'm seriously addicted; loving the Legend. Crossworlds is fully moddable too! Really falling in love with the series.

[quote name='MysterD']I wonder when TONY will hint or tell us what's up for sales for next week...

@TONY
Care to comment, Tony? ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey there, next week will feature NBA/MLB 2K12 (basketball finals week) we'll have them both at $9.99 each and we'll offer a Steam version of each.

Also MysterD,

I believe you recently asked about Darkness II, we're going to promote it again, but not 100% solid on when.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back