Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fastitocalon']Trade A.I is pants on head retarded in both. If you want a managerial game try Out of the Park baseball. It is extremely hardcore but better to play something like that than the half baked version in the 2k games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that suggestion!. I note Amazon only has 11 but not 12 or 13 (bit pricey) though :/

Tony,

Currently Steam is having a weekend-long Paradox promotion and I'm wondering if you plan on having Paradox titles as part of 'JuneHEM' later this month or if it will be focused around other publishers. Specifically thinking about other packs sort of like the last one you offered (err... the Paradox Pack).

Thanks!

[quote name='headpiece747']They just had it for $17.99.[/QUOTE]

I mean something comparable to the Deus Ex deal (6.99 or so).

[quote name='Gluteus']I mean something comparable to the Deus Ex deal (6.99 or so).[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! But I don't see it happening; Syndicate just came out a few months ago.

Best E3 games with helicopters and bows! http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000807831

"It even has helicopter in the title!"
LOL

[quote name='fastitocalon']They didn't PM any of yesterdays deals so I wouldn't hold out hope.[/QUOTE]

Hamsters are asleep right now. Sorry, come back later. ;)

In all seriousness though, I wonder how their auto match algorithm thing works and if there's any way it could be helped along.

[quote name='Motoki'] I wonder how their auto match algorithm thing works.[/QUOTE]

Like this

igm-19769047.jpg

[quote name='UW_Shocks']That would be awesome! But I don't see it happening; Syndicate just came out a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know it only came out a few months ago, but it's been forgotten about (in my opinion). A really good deal could move some copies that would otherwise just be sitting there. You know what I mean?

[quote name='thegreatest']Any way this can activate on Steam this time? I only want it on Steam :cry:[/QUOTE]
Bohemia have no interest in letting you activate their games on Steam (they want you to buy from https://store.bistudio.com/ ). Also, I presume due to whatever crazy publishing deal they got themselves into, they apparently barely get any money from Amazon sales.

Finally figured out what my ARMA problem was. So with the Amazon DL it only DLs to the C drive. No prob, I figured, but since my C drive is a small SSD drive (64 GB) I did not have enough space. I actually had 13 GBs free, but the way the Amazon DL works is it downloads the entire file (7.7 GB) and then it extracts it so you actually need at least twice as much space free on your HD (so in my case 15.4 GB of free space!)

It needs this because when it is extracting it is basically making two copies of it on your HD during the process (even if one is only temporary).

Quite an annoying process. I deleted old system recovery files so I am straight, but it took me two days of waking up to error messages at the end of the DL to figure it out.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Finally figured out what my ARMA problem was. So with the Amazon DL it only DLs to the C drive. No prob, I figured, but since my C drive is a small SSD drive (64 GB) I did not have enough space. I actually had 13 GBs free, but the way the Amazon DL works is it downloads the entire file (7.7 GB) and then it extracts it so you actually need at least twice as much space free on your HD (so in my case 15.4 GB of free space!)

It needs this because when it is extracting it is basically making two copies of it on your HD during the process (even if one is only temporary).

Quite an annoying process. I deleted old system recovery files so I am straight, but it took me two days of waking up to error messages at the end of the DL to figure it out.[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing and a huge deterrent to buying DRM-free since I'm in the same boat as you with an SSD boot drive and all my games on D. Here's hoping that ARMA II daily coming up will have a Steam key option, because I definitely prefer Steam now for ease of management given the choice, and have picked up a handful of Steam keys from Amazon already.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Finally figured out what my ARMA problem was. So with the Amazon DL it only DLs to the C drive. No prob, I figured, but since my C drive is a small SSD drive (64 GB) I did not have enough space. I actually had 13 GBs free, but the way the Amazon DL works is it downloads the entire file (7.7 GB) and then it extracts it so you actually need at least twice as much space free on your HD (so in my case 15.4 GB of free space!)

Quite an annoying process. I deleted old system recovery files so I am straight, but it took me two days of waking up to error messages at the end of the DL to figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Not a big deal; that's how all install packages work. Remember Amazon doesn't have a game client, so you're downloaded the "DVD Retail" of the game [it's the same way with GOG]
What I do is install the game and burn/copy the install package to a DVD or exterior HDD.

Thanks for the heads up though; I know people will find your info handy.

[quote name='Genocidal']That's disappointing and a huge deterrent to buying DRM-free since I'm in the same boat as you with an SSD boot drive and all my games on D. Here's hoping that ARMA II daily coming up will have a Steam key option, because I definitely prefer Steam now for ease of management given the choice, and have picked up a handful of Steam keys from Amazon already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely see the need for it to allow you to choose where to DL now. Odd thing is the DLer says it lets me specify the DL spot in the options, but that must be the old version of it still installed on my PC.

This is why I hate the Amazon downloader and never use it if I can use anything else. Also, clicking feedback doesn't even work.

[quote name='travathian']I really want the Majesty Collection and King Arthur I Collection, preferably purchased on Amazon, available on Steam. :D[/QUOTE]

Neither of those normally activate on Steam when purchased outside of it so unless Tony works out some special deal with Paradox to do dual Steam/non-Steam versions then you won't be able to buy them elsewhere and activate them on Steam.

[quote name='Genocidal']That's disappointing and a huge deterrent to buying DRM-free since I'm in the same boat as you with an SSD boot drive and all my games on D. Here's hoping that ARMA II daily coming up will have a Steam key option, because I definitely prefer Steam now for ease of management given the choice, and have picked up a handful of Steam keys from Amazon already.[/QUOTE]

Correct, as I said in my post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9678286&postcount=4079
The Amazon downloader (client) does let you specify a download directory.
The one that most games (?) now come with is brainless pile of trash, it will ONLY let you specify a download directory if your C drive doesn't have enough storage, but, it only counts the initial download, NOT the whole thing!

It really is a idiotic thing to support, and until Amazon changes this, I will simply not buy anything from them. Heck, Gamefly has a better downloader!

Amazon MUST offer the users where to download & unpack the files. Anything else is just wrong.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Not a big deal; that's how all install packages work. Remember Amazon doesn't have a game client, so you're downloaded the "DVD Retail" of the game [it's the same way with GOG]
What I do is install the game and burn/copy the install package to a DVD or exterior HDD.

Thanks for the heads up though; I know people will find your info handy.[/QUOTE]

It IS a big deal, when you can't install games and run around trying to free up space that may not even be possible!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, I definitely see the need for it to allow you to choose where to DL now. Odd thing is the DLer says it lets me specify the DL spot in the options, but that must be the old version of it still installed on my PC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are two different downloaders, one that lets you specify, and the other, the brain dead one that won't, unless you are out of free space for the INITIAL download.

[quote name='Mugatu']This is why I hate the Amazon downloader and never use it if I can use anything else. Also, clicking feedback doesn't even work.[/QUOTE]

Amen!

Tony, PLEASE tell them to fix this, it should be quite trivial to do, it already can ask where to put it, if the program detects not enough free space for the initial download.

Everyone needs to tell them to fix this glaring issue here:
[email protected]

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

Currently Steam is having a weekend-long Paradox promotion and I'm wondering if you plan on having Paradox titles as part of 'JuneHEM' later this month or if it will be focused around other publishers. Specifically thinking about other packs sort of like the last one you offered (err... the Paradox Pack).

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop giving money to Paradox. :lol:

Between the publisher's weekend at Steam, and finally acquiring the funds to use the coupons I got from the Paradox pack at Amazon, I see them getting roughly 100% of my gaming budget this week.

Steam isn't the only one with Paradox games on sale. They're on sale EVERYWHERE (not literally, but basically). Gamersgate, Amazon, Steam, you name it: Paradox games are dirt cheap.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Steam isn't the only one with Paradox games on sale. They're on sale EVERYWHERE (not literally, but basically). Gamersgate, Amazon, Steam, you name it: Paradox games are dirt cheap.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the whole Paradox catalog is 50% off at both Steam and GamersGate. The Amazon coupons for EU3 Chronicles and HOI3 Collection will give me 77% discounts on both titles, but it doesn't look like they're price-matching the sales at the other two sites. Steam is doing its usual 75%-off-a-different-series-each-day thing, which ends up beating any other offer I've seen thus far (except the AMZN coupons, which are both unannounced and non-transferable).

Anyone know what is going to pop off tomorrow? I thought Tony had said he would post on Friday if he got a chance but I haven't seen anything yet.

You could move/symlink whatever places it uses for download temp storage and extraction temp storage to some other hard disk. Can't be too hard.

[quote name='Luckz']You could move/symlink whatever places it uses for download temp storage and extraction temp storage to some other hard disk. Can't be too hard.[/QUOTE]

I use Steam Mover for this! Works great for any symlink you want to use to save your SSD from excess read/writes!

[quote name='jester55']Europa Universalis III: Chronicles

FREE - after $23 off promo code from purchasing Paradox Plentiful Pack!

Don't know how long it will last. Just picked up mine for free. Now if only Heart of Irons III Complete would drop. Wish I could trade the key some how since I already have it on Steam...

-J[/QUOTE]

Ha! Thanks. Must have been a PM to Steam's paradox weekend? Maybe if we report Hearts of Iron they will match that too?

Don't know how long it will last. Just picked up mine for free. Now if only Heart of Irons III Complete would drop. Wish I could trade the key some how since I already have it on Steam...

-J[/QUOTE]

Nice thanks!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know I'm now back from E3, I'm in the process of moving this weekend but plan on taking some time either tonight or tomorrow to go through and hit anything I've missed from a post perspective. I'm also compiling the E3 stuff I collected (vids, SS, etc) onto a central page on Amazon that I'll link to.

Lastly. Tomorrow's DOTW kick off will be Risen (DRM Free) for $5.99, we'll also have Dead Island at some point during the week but we're figuring out the price point.

I'm pushing for DI DLC too but as of yet don't have it locked down.

Cheers,
Tony

Hm.. Risen is free on gamersgate, but it's ad supported if anyone cares. You have to watch a 60 second ad every time you launch it, but you can't beat free ;). Just pointing that out for anyone interested in the game, not trying to take sales away from Amazon lol. Of course, those looking for DRM-free should grab the Amazon deal.

Risen is awesome!
I bought the DRM-Free version from Amazon the last time it was $5.99; got 40 hours of gameplay out of it. Worth every penny!

Ad supported Risen... What will happen if you play it on an offline computer? Or rather (now that I've looked at what you're talking about), can you play games installed through Void offline?

Also, welcome back Tony. Now get to work on PMing Hearts of Iron III and hammer down Dead Island bundled with all the DLC for $9.99. :D

-J[/QUOTE]

That'll teach me not to buy too quick with a promotional credit :lol: Ah well, awesome deal for those who haven't already picked it up!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ad supported Risen... What will happen if you play it on an offline computer? Or rather (now that I've looked at what you're talking about), can you play games installed through Void offline?

Also, welcome back Tony. Now get to work on PMing Hearts of Iron III and hammer down Dead Island bundled with all the DLC for $9.99. :D[/QUOTE]

You can't play Void games offline (I just tried it). You could launch the game while you're online, and then play it offline while still running the game though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know I'm now back from E3, I'm in the process of moving this weekend but plan on taking some time either tonight or tomorrow to go through and hit anything I've missed from a post perspective. I'm also compiling the E3 stuff I collected (vids, SS, etc) onto a central page on Amazon that I'll link to.

Lastly. Tomorrow's DOTW kick off will be Risen (DRM Free) for $5.99, we'll also have Dead Island at some point during the week but we're figuring out the price point.

I'm pushing for DI DLC too but as of yet don't have it locked down.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Welcome back. I've had the Dead Island base game since December. I just need the DLC. I'm looking forward to this deal.

[quote name='sunghost']Hm.. Risen is free on gamersgate, but it's ad supported if anyone cares. You have to watch a 60 second ad every time you launch it, but you can't beat free ;). Just pointing that out for anyone interested in the game, not trying to take sales away from Amazon lol. Of course, those looking for DRM-free should grab the Amazon deal.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll use the Gamersgate version as a demo. If I like it I can buy on Amazon and enjoy some freedom. Thanks for the heads up.

Is Risen DRM Free in Spanish? I love Amazon deals, but half of them are in English only. Its not a problem for me, but it is for my children...

-J[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Glad I waited on using the coupon because I figured there had to be some slim chance that it would drop in price before the expiration.

Submitted the Crusader Kings 2 price from Steam to Amazon. AMZN had it for 50% off, hopefully they'll go the full way and do 75%

Then it's time to install the Game of Thrones mod and start marching for the Iron Throne :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back