Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Luckz']BF3 & Premium is all there is/will be.[/QUOTE]

Most likely the case. There is already a noticeable drop off in public servers, and I was struggling to find a server hosting the new maps. After all it is an EA game. Boy do I hate EA's policies.

[quote name='Bizzquik']So... Is Battlefield 3 going to get to $36.99 soon? All day its been showing $46.64 for me...

Also, when I click on Dead Island from this topic's first post, the link goes to Risen. EDIT - I see you're on this.[/QUOTE]

Fixing now, not sure why the price went back up.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Will there be a deal for the Civ V expansion coming up next week? I'll be buying it at Amazon either way but it'll be nice to know beforehand.

Many thanks to you again Tony![/QUOTE]

Negative I have nothing planned for a Gods and Kings Promo

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
Any awesome deals planned for next week that you'll be able to share with us?[/QUOTE]

We'll be revisiting the Mass Effect 1+2 (digital deluxe) bundle at $12 and individual games at 70% off.

[quote name='xRidley']Any chance of a discounted Dead Island 4-pack like GamersGate has?[/QUOTE]

Negatory.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']ZOMG the Paradox bundle we're running the first week of July is even better than the last one...

We'll have the last one available again too...but the new one is gangbusters.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's so exciting... And is it going to be a good buy for those of us who purchased the first pack or it has many repeats?

[quote name='Chupatintas']Wow, that's so exciting... And is it going to be a good buy for those of us who purchased the first pack or it has many repeats?[/QUOTE]

If there are overlaps, any chance of an "upgrade" option or credit for those who already own the first Paradox bundle?

[quote name='thegreatest']... one of those idiots with a desktop filled with icons for games aren't you? ...[/QUOTE]
Heyyy, easy now. I'm one of "those idiots".

(I like my game icons, thank you very much.)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
We'll be revisiting the Mass Effect 1+2 (digital deluxe) bundle at $12 and individual games at 70% off.
[/QUOTE]
Great games, but already own those [ME1 and ME2 Standard from Retail].
ME3 is great, as well - despite its horrible last 5-10 minutes.

Any other deals planned next week?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If there are overlaps, any chance of an "upgrade" option or credit for those who already own the first Paradox bundle?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, something like this would be nice if possible considering the people who probably play the Paradox stuff wouldn't buy the new one if there are too many duplicates.

Really disappointed with everything since the MAYhem sale ended... It's not that the games aren't good, but other places are just beating these prices. Where's the competitive prices? Even crappy GameFly is beating Amazon PCDD; Crysis ME for $4 as opposed to Amazon's $8. Even now GameFly has Dead Island for $10.79 right now.

Not dissing Amazon or anything, but let's see some more competitive numbers! Get Dead Island up for $9.99 already!

[quote name='yangwenli']Yeah, something like this would be nice if possible considering the people who probably play the Paradox stuff wouldn't buy the new one if there are too many duplicates.[/QUOTE]

I just sent an email on this, stay tuned. There is def overlap FYI, will respond when I hear back.

Cheers,
Tony

And now GameFly has Mass Effect 1 & 2 for $8 total... Tough call. For $4 I guess you're getting the OST, a few weapons, and some digital art. GameFly does include the Cerberus Network code though.

[quote name='Idiotekque']And now GameFly has Mass Effect 1 & 2 for $8 total... Tough call. For $4 I guess you're getting the OST, a few weapons, and some digital art. GameFly does include the Cerberus Network code though.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to find this on gamefly - looks full price to me?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, what he said. Sorry about that, forgot to mention it starts at midnight.[/QUOTE]

On Gamefly tomorrow, Space Marine at $9 [after coupon] looks like the cheapest I seen that...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, what he said. Sorry about that, forgot to mention it starts at midnight.[/QUOTE]

cool, np - thanks for the heads up. I should have looked outside of this thread :)

For future reference, browse www.isthereanydeal.com before making digital purchases. Unfortunately they don't list GameFly deals (they're sort of the new digital kids on the block), so you're screwed there, but otherwise they're pretty on it. You can even check each individual game's statistics too to see if it's been on sale for cheaper and whatnot.

I love Amazon, but I love saving money more. CAG mantra.

The Darkness 2 is truly an underrated gem, while it is on the short side it has an amazing story and great gameplay as well. I highly recommend picking it up for 12.49! It's a shame this franchise never really picked up as I've really enjoyed both of the games that have come out for it.

[quote name='MoCiWe']The Darkness 2 is truly an underrated gem, while it is on the short side it has an amazing story and great gameplay as well. I highly recommend picking it up for 12.49! It's a shame this franchise never really picked up as I've really enjoyed both of the games that have come out for it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. One of my top games for this year, thus far.

Tempted by Darkness 2 but given how aggressively it's been priced I think I can hold out till it hits sub 10 dollars which probably will be pretty soon.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It was $1.50 cheaper elsewhere. Doh! :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Amazon, GamersGate and Gamefly have it for the same price ($11.99); where is it cheaper?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Tempted on Bully: Scholarship Edition: http://www.amazon.com/Rockstar-Game...=UTF8&qid=1339725984&sr=1-94&tag=isthcom0a-20

Sounds like it's a really bad port though. It's consistently $4 on Amazon off and on, but if it's as terrible on the PC as people are saying it is I'm not sure if it's worth that... Are there official or fan patches that make it playable?[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I could never run Bully: Scholarship [Retail Box] on my Win XP PC, but it ran fine on Win 7 PC.
Go figure!
If you can get it running, it's a great game.

I ran it w/ its last official patch from Rockstar on my Win 7 PC, BTW.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Amazon, GamersGate and Gamefly have it for the same price ($11.99); where is it cheaper?[/QUOTE]

GameFly has a 10% off coupon code running till the 24th (SLICK0611). Dead Island ends up being $10.79. Not a huge difference, but it's more than a dollar, lol.

[quote name='MysterD']Oddly enough, I could never run Bully: Scholarship on my Win XP PC, but it ran fine on Win 7 PC.
Go figure.
If you can get it running, it's great.

I ran it w/ its last official patch from Rockstar, BTW.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Seeing as I have an XP right now, I think I'll hold off on it till I have my new system. I'm sure it will be on sale then as well.

[quote name='MoCiWe']The Darkness 2 is truly an underrated gem, while it is on the short side it has an amazing story and great gameplay as well. I highly recommend picking it up for 12.49! It's a shame this franchise never really picked up as I've really enjoyed both of the games that have come out for it.[/QUOTE]

I bought it when it was last on sale on Amazon and was surprised I enjoyed the multiplayer campaign more than the single player campaign. I think I got about half-way before the game grew stale. In multiplayer, I found the female character (shotgun) to be the most fun and had a great time with randoms.

[quote name='Fatdude']I was hoping $5-$7.5 for Darkness 2.Game is too short imo for me to pay more.[/QUOTE]

If you can wait for the Steam summer sale, it will likely drop to that price.

I bought it for $12.49 in May, and I thought it was well worth it. That is if you like over the top violence. The single player took me about 7 hrs (can probably beat it in 5), but you also get co-op which goes deeper into the story.

[quote name='Mooby']Question for Tony if you're able to say so:

Will the new Paradox bundle have Defenders of Ardania and/or Warlock in it?[/QUOTE]

It will have Warlock, in addition to a few other games and all of the DLC for CK II. It will be more expensive than the last one but the value added is insane (in my opinion).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It will have Warlock, in addition to a few other games and all of the DLC for CK II. It will be more expensive than the last one but the value added is insane (in my opinion).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Although I personally passed on the Paradox bundle, you may want to consider (or have Paradox consider) a separate pack that would encompass just the additions for those that did purchase the first bundle. You could of course offer less of a discount ratio -- but it would be a nice gesture to the fans of the first bundle who "gotta catch 'em all."

Great work Tony! You're really showing us Amazon as the KD of gaming deals looking to run down the King with clutch plays.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It will have Warlock, in addition to a few other games and all of the DLC for CK II. It will be more expensive than the last one but the value added is insane (in my opinion).[/QUOTE]

Argh, I'm quite sad coz I bought all DLCs for CK II from last Steam sale :(

Hey Tony, any idea when Splinter Cell: Conviction will next be on sale? It's one of the few games I'm interested in getting at the moment, but nobody's had it on sale in ages.

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Hey Tony, any idea when Splinter Cell: Conviction will next be on sale? It's one of the few games I'm interested in getting at the moment, but nobody's had it on sale in ages.[/QUOTE]
It was "6.24 USD (at Amazon on Nov 26, 2011)". On Steam it was $16 in May, otherwise also dirt cheap around Christmas of course.

[quote name='Luckz']It was "6.24 USD (at Amazon on Nov 26, 2011)". On Steam it was $16 in May, otherwise also dirt cheap around Christmas of course.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the $16 for Steam in May was during the Ubisoft mini-sale. I figured it had been a long time (Nearly 9 months!) since Amazon had it on sale, so.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It will have Warlock, in addition to a few other games and all of the DLC for CK II. It will be more expensive than the last one but the value added is insane (in my opinion).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

:whee:

Well 3rding the :whee: because I also got the last Paradox pack but I do want Warlock, though I really don't want to have to buy a bunch of other games I already have to get it. I remember someone asked about Warlock on the MAYhem sale and at the time it was said it wouldn't be in. It was so new that I didn't figure it would be on another sale this soon.

Not to mention the CKII DLC, ahem, would have been nice :bomb: but honestly since Amazon so rarely does promotions with DLC I didn't ever consider that it would be an option.

Tony I would say be careful of doing this sort of thing too often else you might end up training people to hold off on buying to wait for something better just around the corner. I'll be honest that I'll probably think twice now next time Amazon has a pack deal like that.

I personally don't think it's such a great idea to do a deal with one publisher one month and then come back with an even better deal with the same publisher and games the very next month with not much time in between. If you can't do an upgrade option then better to space them out a bit and mix up the publisher deals a little more so people don't feel like they got burned on a deal.

Just my somewhat disgruntled two cents. :p

[quote name='Motoki']Well 3rding the :whee: because I also got the last Paradox pack but I do want Warlock, though I really don't want to have to buy a bunch of other games I already have to get it. I remember someone asked about Warlock on the MAYhem sale and at the time it was said it wouldn't be in. It was so new that I didn't figure it would be on another sale this soon.

Not to mention the CKII DLC, ahem, would have been nice :bomb: but honestly since Amazon so rarely does promotions with DLC I didn't ever consider that it would be an option.

Tony I would say be careful of doing this sort of thing too often else you might end up training people to hold off on buying to wait for something better just around the corner. I'll be honest that I'll probably think twice now next time Amazon has a pack deal like that.

I personally don't think it's such a great idea to do a deal with one publisher one month and then come back with an even better deal with the same publisher and games the very next month with not much time in between. If you can't do an upgrade option then better to space them out a bit and mix up the publisher deals a little more so people don't feel like they got burned on a deal.

Just my somewhat disgruntled two cents. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it'd be nice, but I also keep things in perspective. Even as is, the Paradox pack for 12.49 was probably one of the best deals period - especially considering the best price on CKII outside of this sale was 9.99. So basically 2.50 for a ton of other games. Technically, the new paradox sale won't be until over a month after the Paradox sale, so it is spaced out. And finally, probably the only reason Paradox is willing to offer a new bundle is because the first one sold so well. So it's a catch 22. If we don't buy a good deal in hopes of something better, then the sales won't motivate something better to happen.

[quote name='nategator']Although I personally passed on the Paradox bundle, you may want to consider (or have Paradox consider) a separate pack that would encompass just the additions for those that did purchase the first bundle. You could of course offer less of a discount ratio -- but it would be a nice gesture to the fans of the first bundle who "gotta catch 'em all."

Great work Tony! You're really showing us Amazon as the KD of gaming deals looking to run down the King with clutch plays.[/QUOTE]

A separate pack would be a good idea and maybe I am in the minority, but wouldn't it make even MORE sense to give buyers of the original Paradox bundle an even better deal than the new deal? It doesn't have to even be that much difference, but understanding human psychology, response would probably be better.

Sorta like thank the people who supported you earlier on when your business is new/starting up, etc. That would certainly make them feel even MORE loved and appreciated and would probably have a higher purchase rate for Amazon and Paradox.

Either way, looking forward to what's offered. Sorta sucks though when you have duplicate games in your account and not sure what to do with it. Steam games are easier to trade/sell.

Maybe Amazon can create a way to barter with other people on Amazon that also has a duplicate since it's just sitting in your account now.

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Hey Tony, any idea when Splinter Cell: Conviction will next be on sale? It's one of the few games I'm interested in getting at the moment, but nobody's had it on sale in ages.[/QUOTE]

Got the Deluxe Edition on Steam last holiday sale for 6.24$, maybe they'll have it for the summer sale.

Meh, *grumble grumble* I know I'm not owed anything and I know schtuff happens. Still not loving how this all went down but I suppose it's good for Amazon and Paradox and that's life.

At least I have the Steam sale to look forward to, which by the way is well spaced out and I know pretty much what to expect from them, when to buy and when to wait.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Is one of those few other games the Majesty Collection? What about Warlock DLC?

Motoki - agreed. Tony flat out said this was a one time deal, never coming back. Granted this new deal isn't exactly the same, still feels like a punch in the gut and punishing early adopters. I'm really hoping they leave in CKII+DLC and replace everything else with other Paradox titles.

[quote name='Mooby']:whee:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SqueeMK2']:whee: for me, too. Though I'm mostly set on Paradox games EXCEPT for Warlock, so here's hoping for a $5 price tag for Warlock individually.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Well 3rding the :whee: because I also got the last Paradox pack but I do want Warlock, though I really don't want to have to buy a bunch of other games I already have to get it. I remember someone asked about Warlock on the MAYhem sale and at the time it was said it wouldn't be in. It was so new that I didn't figure it would be on another sale this soon.

Just my somewhat disgruntled two cents. :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yangwenli']A separate pack would be a good idea and maybe I am in the minority, but wouldn't it make even MORE sense to give buyers of the original Paradox bundle an even better deal than the new deal? It doesn't have to even be that much difference, but understanding human psychology, response would probably be better.

Sorta like thank the people who supported you earlier on when your business is new/starting up, etc. That would certainly make them feel even MORE loved and appreciated and would probably have a higher purchase rate for Amazon and Paradox.

Either way, looking forward to what's offered. Sorta sucks though when you have duplicate games in your account and not sure what to do with it. Steam games are easier to trade/sell.

Maybe Amazon can create a way to barter with other people on Amazon that also has a duplicate since it's just sitting in your account now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Meh, *grumble grumble* I know I'm not owed anything and I know schtuff happens. Still not loving how this all went down but I suppose it's good for Amazon and Paradox and that's life.

At least I have the Steam sale to look forward to, which by the way is well spaced out and I know pretty much what to expect from them, when to buy and when to wait.[/QUOTE]

Good feedback :). I'm throwing some ideas out on my end, once I get a response I'll give you all an update.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='travathian']Is one of those few other games the Majesty Collection? What about Warlock DLC?

Motoki - agreed. Tony flat out said this was a one time deal, never coming back. Granted this new deal isn't exactly the same, still feels like a punch in the gut and punishing early adopters. I'm really hoping they leave in CKII+DLC and replace everything else with other Paradox titles.[/QUOTE]

Yea the other game is "The Majesty Pack" (http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-40869ajesty-Pack2-Download/dp/B006C68EDG/).

I'm not sure where I said it was a one time deal though. Apologies if I did. As soon as we saw how successful it was (like 24 hours into the sale) I posted here letting you guys know we were extending the sale because it was doing so well and that we were going to look at doing something similar in the future.

I'm going to comb back through my posts to see where I noted that this would never be coming back, but if I did, my bad, that was definitely not my intent.

The original intent was to run the bundle for 2 days at the beginning of the sale and then pull it, but because everyone seemed to like it so much I went back to Paradox and asked to run it longer (to accommodate the guys who specifically said they weren't getting paid until later in the week).

Like I said, I've pitched a couple of ideas to make the early adopters not feel like they got a raw deal, if I can't get any of them approved we'll probably step away from the new bundle and just run the previous one again.

I'll work on getting a final answer today, but it might be Monday.

Cheers,
Tony

re: Plentiful Paradox Pack one time deal

IIRC the context was to clarify that it was not going to run the duration of MAYhem but rather that it was intended (orginally) that the Plentiful Paradox Pack would be for two days only then gone for good, or something along those lines. It's kind of ambiguous how that could be interpreted since this exact pack is technically not coming back (I don't think) but it did kind of sound like a one time deal sort of thing.

I tried to find the exact quote but there's A LOT of posts to sift through and it may even have been an OP edit so I only have memory to go off of right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Motoki. I understand business is business and if you have a good thing going you want to keep it going. However, being an instant purchaser of the last Paradox pack, having this pack come out this soon after the last when I haven't even played any of the games yet feels like being burnt and teaches me to hold off next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back