Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapyD']Looking forward to some of those EA deals, but disappointed there is no Kingdoms of Amalur. Would definitely like to check that out on PC.[/QUOTE]

I hear it's actually really nice on PC too. I wound up buying it on console. It was kind of off my radar and the demo they put out on Xbox 360 sold me. I suppose the demo was on PC too, but it was front and center on the Xbox dashboard at the time and I noticed it there... I believe anyway. I never bought any of the DLC, I'd probably double dip for a decent enough deal.

When I saw Amalur at E3 for the first time, it must have been running on PC because it was really quite nice looking. Wasn't too impressed with what I saw (graphically) on Xbox 360.

I think Tony said Amalur would be $20 or $25 soon with the DLC being $5 each. It looks fairly good on PC but be sure to force anisotropic filtering in your drivers cause it looks far better than in-game, at least with Nvidia.

[quote name='solaris389']I hear it's actually really nice on PC too. I wound up buying it on console. It was kind of off my radar and the demo they put out on Xbox 360 sold me. I suppose the demo was on PC too, but it was front and center on the Xbox dashboard at the time and I noticed it there... I believe anyway. I never bought any of the DLC, I'd probably double dip for a decent enough deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapyD']Looking forward to some of those EA deals, but disappointed there is no Kingdoms of Amalur. Would definitely like to check that out on PC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapyD']When I saw Amalur at E3 for the first time, it must have been running on PC because it was really quite nice looking. Wasn't too impressed with what I saw (graphically) on Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I need to add this to the OP. Amalur will be $25 and each DLC will be $5 from July 8-14 :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry I need to add this to the OP. Amalur will be $25 and each DLC will be $5 from July 8-14 :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering about this: if you get the Origin Amalur DLC from Amazon will they work with the Steam version of the base game?

[quote name='joogle']will it be on sale during steams summer sale?[/QUOTE]

99% of the time the answer to this question is yes. :p

The Amalur deal @$25 is okay I guess but given how long it has been out and the developer's troubles I kind of hoped for more. Anyway I will just wait for the Steam sale because I want it there and not the Origin version. I'll probably grab it on Steam no matter what it's on sale for since I'm afraid it will get yanked there.

I guess my question is whether their prices will be lower than Amazon has now.

Any trends or historical references in terms of how it's worked in the past.

[quote name='Motoki']99% of the time the answer to this question is yes. :p

The Amalur deal @$25 is okay I guess but given how long it has been out and the developer's troubles I kind of hoped for more. Anyway I will just wait for the Steam sale because I want it there and not the Origin version. I'll probably grab it on Steam no matter what it's on sale for since I'm afraid it will get yanked there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joogle']I guess my question is whether their prices will be lower than Amazon has now.

Any trends or historical references in terms of how it's worked in the past.[/QUOTE]

Your guess is as good as ours. You can see price history for Steam at www.steamprices.com. So far, this title hasn't been on sale on Steam, but has been 75% off at a lot of places. I will say that it's very rare to see titles go more than 75% off during the sale if they're from a major publisher.

[quote name='joogle']I guess my question is whether their prices will be lower than Amazon has now.

Any trends or historical references in terms of how it's worked in the past.[/QUOTE]

You can check steamprices.com for history. It hasn't been on sale much yet there (once in April for ~$40) and hasn't been around yet for one of the big sales so it's difficult to say. Also the lack of EA involvement with the Steam version and the troubles at 38 Studios make it a bit of wildcard

It might wind up being the same price, but it is unlikely that Fall of the Samurai will be cheaper during the Summer sale

Hi Tony,

I have a question about the excellent Square Enix Collection. For $7.50, it is a steal and I'll probably get it anyway, but I'm hoping you can confirm something.

I know the 4 other games are Steam-activatable and Tomb Raider: Underworld is direct download. The question I have is about DRM on TR:U. Most people are saying it is DRM-free, but it looks like they just mean that it doesn't require Steam. Amazon's page for TR:U (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004519O9S) implies it uses Securom (though only a more benign disk check). Can you comment on this? Is there Securom in the direct-download TR:U or has this been removed?

And if I may make a suggestion: If it were at all possible to make this collection ALL STEAMable, I think it would both reduce confusion and sell even more copies. (The Steam version of TR:U is Securom-free.)

First post. And Tony, I've lurked on CAG for deals for a while but I finally joined mostly because of your great support to the community and the opportunity to get direct answers from Amazon. Thanks.

Gamersgate had an Amalur bundle (KoA:Reckoning + Teeth of Naros DLC + Legend of Dead Kel DLC) for $27.98 last friday. I posted it in the Gamersgate thread, but I don't think many people got in on it. Would be nice if you could do a "bundle" of all three for a slightly reduced price as well.

Hi Tony,

I know the MW3 sale lasts until 7/14 is that the same for black ops?

Btw tell your Boss that I bought, MP3, Spec Ops, Binary Domain, the Paradox packs, and potentially Fall of the Samurai and Black Ops because I want to support more sales like this one and you in the community.

I've been following the Amazon threads for awhile and would like to thank Tony for everything he has done for the CAG community. I wanted to throw some game sale ideas out there that I would certainly add to my collection if Tony and his team of hamsters could make it happen.

1. Risen 2 - I know the game is relatively new, but from the looks of things the game sort of flopped after not following up on the success of the first game. The combat was the worst offender of this and the developer has since added a dodge and block system to help make it more playable. The demo is sort of clunky but the game seems like it would be a worthwhile rpg to play. (Game requires Steam)

2. Stalker Collection - Tony seems to have a good thing going with THQ. Now that I have a PC that can run the graphics mods for it a Steam bundle would be pretty sweet for these.

3. Ubisoft games - (hopefully next month's sales) newer AC games Brotherhood and Revelations, Anno, Rayman, Driver SF (noticed the Mac release got the deluxe edition hoping for PC deluxe)

4. Games not on Amazon DL but would be awesome if they were - previously mentioned Bethesda games, Stardock strategy games, Lego Batman 2 - I hate GFWL but RE5 and Dirt 3 are highly rated games as well for PC

I'm a big fan of giving users the choice of Steam or no Steam - I applaud you for that even though the Steam forum guys may have a differing opinon, lol.

Thanks Again

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Let me run it up the flagpole :).
[/quote]

Awesome! I hope it flies. :)

Re: sales tax

I really don't understand why so many people are complaining about it. I've had to pay sales tax on amazon for years and years now. There is a warehouse about three blocks from my house. While it sucks to pay sales tax I sure enjoy when I order something from them and it gets here no later than the next day. There have been times when I ordered really early in the morning 6-8 AM and came home and my product was sitting on the porch at 5 PM. So, it has it's ups and downs I guess.

Still, nothing Tony or Amazon can do about state sales tax. It is what it is. These prices are so amazing that I don't see why anyone would turn their nose up at them for a buck or two in sales tax.

Tony,

I think it would be useful to indicate in the OP not just what games are "Steam activatible" but which games are actually Steamworks games and require Steam (ie SpecOps, Civ5, etc).

[quote name='avwjase']Awesome! I hope it flies. :)

Re: sales tax

I really don't understand why so many people are complaining about it. I've had to pay sales tax on amazon for years and years now. There is a warehouse about three blocks from my house. While it sucks to pay sales tax I sure enjoy when I order something from them and it gets here no later than the next day. There have been times when I ordered really early in the morning 6-8 AM and came home and my product was sitting on the porch at 5 PM. So, it has it's ups and downs I guess.

Still, nothing Tony or Amazon can do about state sales tax. It is what it is. These prices are so amazing that I don't see why anyone would turn their nose up at them for a buck or two in sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Well, in his defense if both Amazon and Steam have the same game on sale for the same price, he save's 8.25% by going with Steam instead of Amazon now. That's close to a dollar for every 10 bucks spent, and so to some people that's a big deal when they have other non-tax options.

I obviously loved not paying taxes, but I'm so used to paying taxes for everything else that it's the same deal to me. I'd rather pay the tax and support a retailer who has customer service in mind than save a dollar and be SOL if I have problem.

[quote name='Curious']Hi Tony,

I have a question about the excellent Square Enix Collection. For $7.50, it is a steal and I'll probably get it anyway, but I'm hoping you can confirm something.

I know the 4 other games are Steam-activatable and Tomb Raider: Underworld is direct download. The question I have is about DRM on TR:U. Most people are saying it is DRM-free, but it looks like they just mean that it doesn't require Steam. Amazon's page for TR:U (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004519O9S) implies it uses Securom (though only a more benign disk check). Can you comment on this? Is there Securom in the direct-download TR:U or has this been removed?

And if I may make a suggestion: If it were at all possible to make this collection ALL STEAMable, I think it would both reduce confusion and sell even more copies. (The Steam version of TR:U is Securom-free.)

First post. And Tony, I've lurked on CAG for deals for a while but I finally joined mostly because of your great support to the community and the opportunity to get direct answers from Amazon. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

First: I agree, it would be awesome to get Steam versions for all the games, I'm actively pushing for that, but don't have confirmation yet.

As for the DRM, it is not DRM free but I'm unsure what the solution is, Securom may be correct.

[quote name='pROvIs']Hi Tony,

Btw tell your Boss that I bought, MP3, Spec Ops, Binary Domain, the Paradox packs, and potentially Fall of the Samurai and Black Ops because I want to support more sales like this one and you in the community.[/QUOTE]

Word :) glad you're digging the deals, I'll tell the bossman we've got another repeat purchaser in you!

All the Activision stuff will be on sale through 7/14. Go nuts!

[quote name='rawgamer']I've been following the Amazon threads for awhile and would like to thank Tony for everything he has done for the CAG community. I wanted to throw some game sale ideas out there that I would certainly add to my collection if Tony and his team of hamsters could make it happen.

1. Risen 2 - I know the game is relatively new, but from the looks of things the game sort of flopped after not following up on the success of the first game. The combat was the worst offender of this and the developer has since added a dodge and block system to help make it more playable. The demo is sort of clunky but the game seems like it would be a worthwhile rpg to play. (Game requires Steam)

2. Stalker Collection - Tony seems to have a good thing going with THQ. Now that I have a PC that can run the graphics mods for it a Steam bundle would be pretty sweet for these.

3. Ubisoft games - (hopefully next month's sales) newer AC games Brotherhood and Revelations, Anno, Rayman, Driver SF (noticed the Mac release got the deluxe edition hoping for PC deluxe)

4. Games not on Amazon DL but would be awesome if they were - previously mentioned Bethesda games, Stardock strategy games, Lego Batman 2 - I hate GFWL but RE5 and Dirt 3 are highly rated games as well for PC

I'm a big fan of giving users the choice of Steam or no Steam - I applaud you for that even though the Steam forum guys may have a differing opinon, lol.

Thanks Again[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, appreciate the suggestions and the good feedback. We're working on something for Risen 2 right now, but I'm not happy with the current offer so unless we can run down something better I'm not going to run it.

Ubisoft will run some stuff in August, still figuring out what though.

I agree on Stalker, stay tuned on that.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='buckythekat']wonder why on the main game downloads page they still say Max Payne 3 is 50% off when it's been raised to 33% off[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up man, this was an oversight. Just fixed it.

[quote name='travathian']Tony,

I think it would be useful to indicate in the OP not just what games are "Steam activatible" but which games are actually Steamworks games and require Steam (ie SpecOps, Civ5, etc).[/QUOTE]

I can try and do this, but it likely won't happen today, I'm really underwater.

Cheers,
Tony

It really depends on how much you despise state government I guess. I get to not give them $3 and all I have to do is not buy a game and stick the money in a mattress? Now that's a fuggin sale!

[quote name='rawgamer']I've been following the Amazon threads for awhile and would like to thank Tony for everything he has done for the CAG community. I wanted to throw some game sale ideas out there that I would certainly add to my collection if Tony and his team of hamsters could make it happen.

1. Risen 2 - I know the game is relatively new, but from the looks of things the game sort of flopped after not following up on the success of the first game. The combat was the worst offender of this and the developer has since added a dodge and block system to help make it more playable. The demo is sort of clunky but the game seems like it would be a worthwhile rpg to play. (Game requires Steam)[/quote]

The game didn't flop in terms of sales, according to Aubrey Norris (a rep of Deep Silver).

As usual, I'd guess worldwide, the Germany audience [who love RPG's] ate this game up - since they love RPG's and since PB is from there.

But from USA critics, the scores were all over the place.

I won Risen 2 in a contest, a bit ago, after the game was a bit patched-up and also had block and dodge added. Yes, the game was REALLY good.

Since combat's a little different from Risen 1, it takes a bit getting used to the changes in combat w/ the unlocked cam b/c moving left or right just turns your character that way, which makes it easier than every in a PB game to swing from enemy-to-enemy. Also, holding the right-mouse button now allows you to strafes left or right, when you hit to move left or right. I'd probably rather the right-mouse button was a toggle, not a hold - but, you'll get used to the changes.

This has quickly become the thread I go to first when I'm visiting CAG.

With these good deals and the Steam sale delayed (?), I'm choosing Amazon more and more.

The biggest plus for Amazon is Tony and his willingness to answer questions and take suggestions.

Thanks again.

[quote name='gundie']Thinking about picking up Spec Ops for $25. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

If you're going to play it right away then I'd say yes. It looks like a lot of fun despite the reviews.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry I need to add this to the OP. Amalur will be $25 and each DLC will be $5 from July 8-14 :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Too bad it doesn't take effect until Sunday. I need something to play this weekend that Mrs. Cheapy will like. #neversatisfied

[quote name='solaris389']I hear it's actually really nice on PC too. I wound up buying it on console. It was kind of off my radar and the demo they put out on Xbox 360 sold me. I suppose the demo was on PC too, but it was front and center on the Xbox dashboard at the time and I noticed it there... I believe anyway. I never bought any of the DLC, I'd probably double dip for a decent enough deal.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the KOA: Reckoning DEMO is out on the PC.
KOA:R Demo on Origin is in the FREE Games Section, if I recall correctly.
On Steam, the KOA:R Demo is on the right-hand side of its Steam page.

Just keep in mind - the version Tony and Amazon DVG sells of KOA:R requires Origin.

[quote name='pROvIs']Hi Tony,

Btw tell your Boss that I bought, MP3, Spec Ops, Binary Domain, the Paradox packs, and potentially Fall of the Samurai and Black Ops because I want to support more sales like this one and you in the community.[/QUOTE]

I got about 5 hours into the Single Player Campaign for Binary Domain yesterday alone.
That game's REALLY good, so far...

[quote name='Motoki']99% of the time the answer to this question is yes. :p

The Amalur deal @$25 is okay I guess but given how long it has been out and the developer's troubles I kind of hoped for more. Anyway I will just wait for the Steam sale because I want it there and not the Origin version. I'll probably grab it on Steam no matter what it's on sale for since I'm afraid it will get yanked there.[/QUOTE]

Why would KOA: Amalur get yanked off Steam?

The game has ALL of its DLC being sold on Steam, which is a new requirement for games sold on Steam and elsewhere.

If that rule is broken (after the "grandfather" rule), the game gets kicked-off - i.e. what happened w/ Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 getting kicked-off Steam.
Of course, Crysis 2 is back on Steam w/ a Crysis 2: Maximum Edition (with ALL DLC) b/c Crytek is part of EA Partners program and when being in that program, the Independent studio (not owned by EA) do have say of where and what editions of game can be sold.

spec ops $25, thank you very much!

Although I know a mate of mine who's had all but problems since purchase, hoping I get a better experience than him!:)

[quote name='MysterD']The game didn't flop in terms of sales, according to Aubrey Norris (a rep of Deep Silver).

As usual, I'd guess worldwide, the Germany audience [who love RPG's] ate this game up - since they love RPG's and since PB is from there.

But from USA critics, the scores were all over the place.

I won Risen 2 in a contest, a bit ago, after the game was a bit patched-up and also had block and dodge added. Yes, the game was REALLY good.
:
Since combat's a little different from Risen 1, it takes a bit getting used to the changes in combat w/ the unlocked cam b/c moving left or right just turns your character that way, which makes it easier than every in a PB game to swing from enemy-to-enemy. Also, holding the right-mouse button now allows you to strafes left or right, when you hit to move left or right. I'd probably rather the right-mouse button was a toggle, not a hold - but, you'll get used to the changes.[/QUOTE]

It definitely didn't do well in the the US. It barely ever touched the top 10 on Steam the day it came out and quickly dropped right off. It never was really a top seller on Amazon US either.

If it sold well my guess would be European retail copies since Steam's top list only counts games bought on Steam not bought elsewhere and registered.

I know a lot of the hardcore European fans on the forums rabidly despise Steam and were extremely outraged over the game being Steamworks but that may just be a loud vocal minority and they may have complained then bought it anyway. I also don't expect that a publisher would freely admit if their game flopped.

Anyway I feel fairly certain in saying it didn't connect with the US audience in a big way like something like Skyrim did.

On a personal note I did enjoy the game and think it's worth a look especially with a decent sale. I don't know what the hell they were thinking though in shipping with no block and Dodge and having that be the version that gets reviewed. The dlc which was short and insubstantial for the somewhat expensive asking price also left a bad taste in people's mouths.

[quote name='MysterD']Why would KOA: Amalur get yanked off Steam?

The game has ALL of its DLC being sold on Steam, which is a new requirement for games sold on Steam and elsewhere.
[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows what's going on with 38 Studios and it doesn't have EA as the publisher n Steam. Other games have been yanked before when they changed publishing hands like Sacred 2 so I would just rather not take any chances. Other people have expressed concern about it too so it's not just me.

Just want to be sure, if something's listed as Steam activatible on its own, can we assume it's also Steam activatible in the pack unless otherwise noted? I'm looking to pick up that 2k shooter pack.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']I noticed today that Amazon's DD page for NHL 09 shows that it's unavailable. This is another game that should be brought up as "hasn't been in a special sale yet, but would probably drive sales". Heck, I'd buy it at its full $10 price if it was guaranteed to be a SecuROM-free version.[/QUOTE]

And now it looks like it's been dropped from the threads list of sale items. Bummer. I didn't even know it was available for PC until this thread, and was planning to buy it, and now....

It looks like it's available through the EA version of steam for $10 so I might still grab it. It looks like there's been a lot of fan mods made. I don't know if the mod I'm hoping for (all-time teams, ie best Red Wings of all time v. best Avs of all time, best Blues of all time, etc) exists, but I think I might risk it just to have hockey on the PC.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
EA Deals:

7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mentos888']what is the $15 5-EA bundle? is it 5 ea games for 15.00 cuz i don't see anything about it in the OP.[/QUOTE]
That, I assume.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony,

KoA is listed under the 7/6-7/14 portion of the OP. Might want to change that to avoid some confusion and inevitable 'When is the KoA deal going live?! It's July 6th!!' ;)

[quote name='Motoki']
Anyway I feel fairly certain in saying it didn't connect with the US audience in a big way like something like Skyrim did.[/quote]
Skyrim is one of the best RPG's in recent years...PERIOD. Most RPG's are NOT going to be as amazing as what often BethSoft puts out for RPG's.
While Risen 2 was good, not many RPG's can really compete w/ most of the Elder Scrolls series. As much as I did like Risen 2, Risen 2 is NOT even close to Skyrim's league.

On a personal note I did enjoy the game and think it's worth a look especially with a decent sale. I don't know what the hell they were thinking though in shipping with no block and Dodge and having that be the version that gets reviewed.
Agreed.

The dlc which was short and insubstantial for the somewhat expensive asking price also left a bad taste in people's mouths.
That's a shame. :( I haven't got the DLC yet.

Nobody knows what's going on with 38 Studios and it doesn't have EA as the publisher n Steam.
Oh, yeah - that's a pretty good point.

Other games have been yanked before when they changed publishing hands like Sacred 2 so I would just rather not take any chances. Other people have expressed concern about it too so it's not just me.
Sacred 2 never really changed publishing hands -- CDV still owns the rights to USA distribution of any Sacred 2 products...and they went bankrupt!!

The entire Sacred license did change hands, if that's what you meant - Deep Silver has it for future Sacred games (i.e. Sacred 3 and beyond, as long as they own the IP). Deep Silver just can't release Sacred 2: Fallen Angel; Sacred 2: Ice and Blood; and Sacred 2: Gold Edition in the States - they don't own the distribution rights to it; bankrupt CDV still has that.

If you haven't up-voted Sacred 2: Gold Edition on GOG Wishlist and you're a GOG member, please do so! I'd love to see the ENTIRE game (Sacred 2: Fallen Angel [base game] + Ice and Blood [expansion]) come here to the States!!
I already got 77 up-votes there...and (hopefully) counting!

If GOG can resolve crazy distribution matters like Planescape: Torment and get that up on their site, I think they can get this matter w/ CDV and Deep Silver resolved...yeah, hopefully. ;)
i.e. GOG had to talk to BioWare (Infinity Engine owners); Atari (current D&D game rights license holders); Interplay (original company that published PST) to get PST up on their site.
If this matter w/ CDV and Deep Silver does get resolved, hopefully Deep Silver will wind-up w/ USA distribution rights for anything Sacred 2 and they'll be able to sell the game ANYWHERE they want - even hopefully Amazon DVG, too! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Canbanana']would be nice if tax was included in the price .. *sigh Texas...[/QUOTE]

Tax is different for every state, adding it to the OP is not feasible, sorry man.

[quote name='CheapyD']Awesome! Too bad it doesn't take effect until Sunday. I need something to play this weekend that Mrs. Cheapy will like. #neversatisfied[/QUOTE]

EA called today and asked that I move a bunch of the promotions up to start tomorrow so people can start playing over the weekend.

KOA will be on sale starting tomorrow. Hope you get this in time to take advantage of it.

[quote name='mxyzplik']And now it looks like it's been dropped from the threads list of sale items. Bummer. I didn't even know it was available for PC until this thread, and was planning to buy it, and now....

It looks like it's available through the EA version of steam for $10 so I might still grab it. It looks like there's been a lot of fan mods made. I don't know if the mod I'm hoping for (all-time teams, ie best Red Wings of all time v. best Avs of all time, best Blues of all time, etc) exists, but I think I might risk it just to have hockey on the PC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we can't get our version working :(. Sorry dude.

[quote name='Hop25']Tony,

KoA is listed under the 7/6-7/14 portion of the OP. Might want to change that to avoid some confusion and inevitable 'When is the KoA deal going live?! It's July 6th!!' ;)[/QUOTE]

EA called and asked that we move it up to start July 6th. So it starts tomorrow.

Woot.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back