Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my best pickup was the Dragon Age Bundle for $9.99. That's over $100 worth of stuff, c'mon...

Either that or Borderlands GOTY that I grabbed today for free (with credit).

Best pick up for me had to be Dragon Age 1 & 2 Ultimate pack. I've never gotten that much content for so little. I'm not even done with Dragon Age 2 and I bought this in January.

Keep up the great promotions.

Plentiful Paradox Pack was my best pick up (esp. with the later addition of the Mini pack) - I loved Crusader Kings and was super excited to be able to play CKII

Pricewise, Divinity 2, gameplay-wise I'd have to go with the 3 copies of Payday I picked up for me and a couple friends (haven't played Divinity yet).

Thanks for the code!

[quote name='xanchui']Wouldn't a SteamGifts giveaway just make it easier for people to trade their codes later on? If they're all out in the open, no one could possibly save it for later and hope to not have it used by someone else in the meantime. Either way, people would only get 1 code max.

Something cooler would be to have a scavenger hunt type thing. Clue leads you to some game page on Amazon, where there just so happens to be a Special Offer link to a list of 500 codes. Repeat some time later with a new clue and a new list of codes, until all are gone. I don't know if Amazon's systems could be manipulated to handle that, but if so that would drive more gaming traffic to your site, and you could put the offers on game pages you'd like to highlight.[/QUOTE]

Your required to add the win to your Steam Account or face a ban. Can't have an account unless your Steam account has at least $100 in it, so there are measures in place to prevent hording/poaching. If Tony made it an all-in-one giveaway, you can't win the same giveaway multiple times either.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']So, based on the feedback I've gotten here's what I think the best way to distribute DLC codes without asking people to hop all over the map and register on different sites, but also not limiting to just people who PM me.

We've had some crazy sales the past few months and I've seen tons of posts about what you've picked up in sales.

Name your best pickup (or set of pickups) from Amazon in 2012 and I'll shoot you a PM with the DLC code :).

This keeps everyone here on the thread, and shouldn't be a terrible burden (typing out a few words that is :) ).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Cool, I don't own the base game, so I won't give a list....but I'd have to say there hasn't been a single purchase from Amazon I've made over the last 3 months that I regret in the slightest. Again, don't send me a code, I'd have to give it away. But keep up the great work Tony.

My best pickup (and only thus far haha) was the Square Enix Collection. Too bad I bought it the first time around and didn't get a steam code for TR:U

I don't have SR3 yet, but I will be grabbing it within the month. If the Steam bundle ends up including this DLC I'll give the code I got from Tony away here. Keep an eye out.

[quote name='jatan11t']My best pickup (and only thus far haha) was the Square Enix Collection. Too bad I bought it the first time around and didn't get a steam code for TR:U[/QUOTE]
Email customer support and explain the situation. Myself and a few others were given Steam codes when we asked.

for me the best pickup is bioshock1+2,it is not sale on steam in my region

i am happy that amazon could sold the 2 games in a low price(and they can activate on steam),i got em and send some copies for my friends,it is cool!

[quote name='hhhdx4']My best pickup was Borderlands. I had slept on the game for the longest time, but in playing, wow, I can see what the hype was about[/QUOTE]
Same here. Being a diehard Fallout fan, I saw it as a copycat and wrote it off for years. Grabbed the GOTY Xbox 360 version 6 months or so back, played splitscreen co-op to death with my buddy, and now I have to say that it's up there in some of my favorite games ever.

My best '12 pickup was getting the all the Star Wolves games during the 1C promotion. They almost never go on sale on Steam. Cheers and thanks!

I was really excited to pick up Metro 2033 back in March, I am enjoying that game a lot. Between that and Divinity II, Amazon has been a great friend in the first half of this year. Lots of hours have been spent in Divinity II.

Oh gosh, I almost forgot. Forget everything else, my best pickup was King's Bounty Platinum for $2.50.

I have literally clocked 100+ hours in JUST the first game, The Legend. Almost finished with it; I can't wait to start up Armored Princess.

[quote name='Mooby']Meh, I'd rather not have to sign up to yet another website. Note I have no interest in the SR3 DLC (since I don't own the game) but just in case the other giveaways are actually something I might want I'd prefer it to be through the CAG forum and not require me to sign up with Steamgifts.

Just one man's opinion. Of course, if it's the most expedient way for Tony and everyone else, c'est la vie~[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you meant Steamgifts or not, but you actually sign in through your Steam account. There's not a separate registration process. You do have to provide an email address which (the winning address) can be viewed only by the person giving it away.

But the matter seems settled anyway, and it's a little awkward to expect the Amazon rep to give away stuff via Steamgifts, even if the thing being given away is in fact a Steam code. :D

Best pickup in 2012 for me was probably Witcher at start of the year for $2.03 after -$5 promo code, Divinity 2 for 5.99 and Borderlands for 6.99. So little time to play anything :(

My best deal this year on Amazon...

I was going to say Raving Rabbids because I got it for $0.00 thanks to a promotional credit but I haven't played it very much. Maybe I go with Crysis 2 for $5.29... though perhaps that doesn't count since it utilizes the $5 promo from 2011.

So, I guess Supreme Commander Forged Alliance for $3.75, which activated on Steam as SupCom Gold.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
This keeps everyone here on the thread, and shouldn't be a terrible burden (typing out a few words that is :) ).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Bowing out on this one since I don't have SR3 (or plan to get it anytime soon) but look forward to seeing what else might come up down the line. Good luck to everyone that enters!

My best pickup was this girl in 1992 who....oh, we're talking games here? My bad! Never mind! ;)

I don't have SR2 and still haven't touched the SR2 CE that I bought THREE YEARS AGO, so I'm not in it for a code now, but props to Tony for being da mensch!

Tony,

I think my best pick up this year,2012, so far has got to be The Darkness II when you dropped that bad boy to $12.50, I just recently played through it and it rocked it was well worth the money and you brought an epic deal on it just 2 months after release. Other than that Borderlands GOTY has to be my other best pick up for a mere $7.50 this month, so much content, so much game, all for cheap. Thanks again Tony and keep up the hard work.

Bought BD two nights back and while it has some annoyances (hello locked in camera during cutscenes!) I am enjoying the combat immensely. When I think back to that terrible time I had with Terminator Salvation I could only wish that they had made the game like Sega did with BD. Taking apart the bots never gets old and the big bots are fun. Just finished the spider fight last night and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Now, if they could make a darker sequel that dives into the Hollow Child element more, I would be a happy camper. (That or make a new Blade Runner).

No code btw. I had my time with SR3 on the 360 and got pretty much all of the time I'll spend with it there. Props to you Tony for the giveaway.

My best pickup has to be Crusader Kings II in the Plentiful+Pint packs. 80 hours alone in that game so far and I haven't even touched the rest yet! Thanks Tony!

Dang you are fast! Thanks for the code, Tony!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I'm reticent to just straight up post a list. My concern there is that people will grab like 50 of them and then for the next 6 months I'll see:

"Steam Games for sale: Saint's Row the Third Special Ops Vehicle DLC ($1)"

In people's signatures.

I like the random PM/contest idea. Thoughts on contests?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I don't think this would be a problem. Someone can't just grab a bunch of keys, they have to activate hem on an account. Unless people are selling their steam accounts, I don't think people selling them is an issue.

------------

To stay in the mood, my best pickup was the THQ Action Pack.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']So, based on the feedback I've gotten here's what I think the best way to distribute DLC codes without asking people to hop all over the map and register on different sites, but also not limiting to just people who PM me.

We've had some crazy sales the past few months and I've seen tons of posts about what you've picked up in sales.

Name your best pickup (or set of pickups) from Amazon in 2012 and I'll shoot you a PM with the DLC code :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Oooh, I'mma turn this one into a MysterD Amazon DVG Awards Show...

Best Overall Pick-up from Amazon DVG -- Binary Domain for $10.
My Sleeper Hit of 2012, so far.

Best Hybrid DLC (Shooter/RPG) from Amazon DVG -- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Missing Link DLC for $3.75.
One of the best DLC's ever.

Best RPG DLC from Amazon DVG -- Kingdoms of Amalur: The Legend of Dead Kel DLC.
This DLC's better than most of Reckoning base game.

Best price on a COD game from Amazon DVG -- COD: Modern Warfare 2 = $5.
Seriously, when was MW2 ever that cheap before?

Best price on a Amazon DVG Game that I have not downloaded yet -- Total War: Shogun 2 for $2.49
That $5 coupon for BSO 2011 in Jan 2012 rocked! :)
I need to download this 20+ GB monster, when I'm doing something else...like watching a movie or something.

Cheapest purchase on Amazon DVG Game -- Velvet Assassin - $1.24
Yeah, cheap...and ain't even played the game yet. I did install it and made sure it ran and booted-up...and that was about it.

Best Pick-up from Amazon in a Retail Box Shipped to Me -- Mass Effect 3 PC for $30.
Seriously, that's the best game of 2012, so far, for me...SO FAR.

[quote name='MysterD']Best price on a COD game from Amazon DVG -- COD: Modern Warfare 2 = $5.
Seriously, when was MW2 ever that cheap before?[/QUOTE]
Ffff when was that? Again Tony, again!

Oh right, wanted to talk about preordering Borderlands 2. I want to, especially for the preorder goodies (and of course your beautiful tattoo to come), but it's been cheaper elsewhere. Is that price going to stick? And also, I'd much rather have a physical copy for this game, but I wanted to ask if (since it is a Steamworks title) it can play on your PC without the disc needing to be in?

Best pick up by far is Binary Domain. I finished it up the other day and boy, was I surprised how much I liked it. Now, I just picked up Sniper Elite for more action game goodness.

I have Saints Row 3 sitting on the back burner till I get a wired 360 controller. I just can't seem to get used to the game with mouse and keyboard.

Best pickups? EASILY Sonic Generations.

Second place is Darkness 2 for half off on release. Spec Ops would've been on that list had I not preordered for $6 more at GMG.

Third place is Far Cry 2 DRM free. I may never play it more than three hours more until the day I die but to have it DRM free when it is DRMed up everywhere else is great.

Fourth place is all the Deus Ex and Payday I bought for friends.

Honorable mention is Witcher 2 for $20. CDPR pulled the greatest trick I've seen in a while adding so little to the game but enough to keep it hiked up at $50 MSRP.

My best pickup of this year from Amazon would have to be the Dragon Age Pack for 6.99 after I applied my coupon from the holiday promotion. Now I just need to find the time to finish them since they aren't games you can finish in a weekend.

[quote name='Dirtyboy']FM 2012 was the the most best dollars-to-hours value for me. Spent $5.99 and played over 300 hours.[/QUOTE]

Football Manager for that price is a no-brainer. Thank you Tony for that, I remember posting about my wish and you replied saying there may be something happening... and 2 weeks later you posted the huge deal!

Then I was back in my old ways of being tormented by lack of updates and player contract issues, hehe. Classic FM :applause: .

[quote name='Jon7']My best pickup was definitely preordering Borderlands 2 from Amazon. Gotta get you that tattoo![/QUOTE]

Submitting the story "tip" to Kotaku/Joystiq/IGN now. We'll see if we can get it in front of at least 40,000 eyes. I'll get my pre-order in.

I wasn't even going to pick up the PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back