Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bankotsu']Yeah, Texas is getting charged for digital orders.[/QUOTE]

Do they check IP addresses or something? I mean, you can easily change your "shipping address"

It's not based on shipping address, it is based on the billing address on your CC as well. So if you have a billing address AND shipping address outside of the taxed states then you will not be taxed.

It does apply on digital orders (everything basically) and there are pushes in congress to settle the issue of interstate commerce and state taxes so it looks like the push will be that state taxes might start being collected everywhere, and not just for Amazon either. But that might be aways ahead, for now enjoy the tax free status if you still have it :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, it is really easy set up a "Buy this, get that" program. The point was, I didn't want to make you guys buy anything...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony, as I spent all my money for the month on Amazon and Steam deals, free stuff from you was nice, shame I only grabbed SR3 DLC code only.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's not based on shipping address, it is based on the billing address on your CC as well. So if you have a billing address AND shipping address outside of the taxed states then you will not be taxed.

It does apply on digital orders (everything basically) and there are pushes in congress to settle the issue of interstate commerce and state taxes so it looks like the push will be that state taxes might start being collected everywhere, and not just for Amazon either. But that might be aways ahead, for now enjoy the tax free status if you still have it :)[/QUOTE]

Good to know. My billing address is in NC, but I live in CA, so looks like physical orders will get taxed soon, but not digital ones.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You know its funny, a few months back I made a comment about how much I appreciate you guys being a mature community in response to some ridiculous flaming over on Reddit.

In response to that post someone popped into one of the reddit threads and totally tried to call me out by saying "you know man, there are jerks everywhere".

Funny that the google doc didn't get wiped until folks from the reddit crowd showed up though...it was perfectly fine when contained to just CAGs/Gaffers.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That would be me.

I've seen many magnificent things happen on reddit (random acts of pizza, charity runs, advice given to people who need it), taking the actions of one user and applying it to the entire community isn't fair.

Besides, I've seen some pretty rude users on these forums too, but I wouldn't dare say all of CAG is "awful" or a "shitty community" -- in fact, it's comments like that that would probably perpetuate a flaw-ridden conclusion like both of yours.

There's no conclusive proof that a CAGer didn't hoard the entire thing and just put Reddit's name on it for S&Gs. I don't mean to sound like a biased Redditor, but it still isn't fair to preclude Reddit because of past experiences. I've seen worse on these forums than I have there.... and many others will agree.

[quote name='realwords']That would be me.

There's no conclusive proof that a CAGer didn't hoard the entire thing and just put Reddit's name on it for S&Gs. I don't mean to sound like a biased Redditor, but it still isn't fair to preclude Reddit because of past experiences. I've seen worse on these forums than I have there.... and many others will agree.[/QUOTE]

You're right, there's no conclusive evidence that you speak of. What I do know is that the CAG google doc existed (and still exists) for 4 days with no issues. It is still up, not having been shared on reddit, and is experiencing no issues.

The doc which was destroyed was immediately filled with "reddit wuz here" comments...over 100 of them in several minutes from different users.

The Gmail account associated with this google doc is getting a request for access every 30 seconds or so and I've responded to over 50 at this point asking where they found the link to the doc. Without fail every one of them has responded with some form of "reddit".

Could this be some sort of elaborate scheme to assign blame to the reddit community? Sure it could, I'm just reticent to give "Mr. Amazing Pants" (one of the names on the emails the gmail account has received) that much credit.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jatan11t']It's actually not that efficient without doing a special developer giveaway. First time gifters can only give three copies at a time. I've given away 10 items (about to be 11 in an hour or so), but I can still only make six giveaways.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet if Tony had an account on SteamGifts to do something like this, the admins could be accommodating and increase his giveaway threshold. Also, afaik, the threshold doesn't apply if you give away multiple copies of the same game in one giveaway. (ie a first timer can do 3 giveaways, but each of those three could be for 100 copies each)

edit: turns out the max copies is 25, but again, I am sure a nice admin on SG could make an exception

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Actually the threshold is pretty limiting. If you are a beginner you can only do 3 giveaways. If you do 1 giveaway with 3 copies that counts as your three giveaways.[/QUOTE]

Not based on my testing. I am limited to like 10 giveaways, and was able to do 25 copies in a single giveaway. Maybe it is different for a first timer.

[quote name='travathian']I'm willing to bet if Tony had an account on SteamGifts to do something like this, the admins could be accommodating and increase his giveaway threshold. Also, afaik, the threshold doesn't apply if you give away multiple copies of the same game in one giveaway. (ie a first timer can do 3 giveaways, but each of those three could be for 100 copies each)[/QUOTE]

Actually the threshold is pretty limiting. If you are a beginner you can only do 3 giveaways. If you do 1 giveaway with 3 copies that counts as your three giveaways.

I picked up SRTT. I originally was not going to pick it up and was going wait for a lower price but since you have been so generous with your giveaways and are such a nice guy I went ahead and got it.

[quote name='travathian']I'm willing to bet if Tony had an account on SteamGifts to do something like this, the admins could be accommodating and increase his giveaway threshold. Also, afaik, the threshold doesn't apply if you give away multiple copies of the same game in one giveaway. (ie a first timer can do 3 giveaways, but each of those three could be for 100 copies each)

edit: turns out the max copies is 25, but again, I am sure a nice admin on SG could make an exception

Not based on my testing. I am limited to like 10 giveaways, and was able to do 25 copies in a single giveaway. Maybe it is different for a first timer.[/QUOTE]

Really? I tried giving away 7 copies of Binding of Isaac Soundtrack in one giveaway, but it wouldn't let me because it told me I was limited to 6 copies.
It'll only give you that message when you try to submit the giveaway.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
The Gmail account associated with this google doc is getting a request for access every 30 seconds or so and I've responded to over 50 at this point asking where they found the link to the doc. Without fail every one of them has responded with some form of "reddit".
[/QUOTE]

Some of those requests (like mine) could also be from CAGers who were behind the times. I saw the offer this morning, didn't have any free time until lunch, and then sent a request before I saw what had happened. Honestly, I wasn't even going to reply to the email requesting my identity (since it looked kinda spammish) until I saw your post here.

I like to think of myself as a good, upstanding member of the CAG community. Now, I'm off to play some Amazon free games at your request.

Thanks again for the generous offer Tony!

[quote name='pROvIs']So which codes were in the doc again more EU3/M+B/SR DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yep. There are few M&B and EU3 codes compared to the SR DLC, but still some left. PM me if you want to take a look at it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yep. There are few M&B and EU3 codes compared to the SR DLC, but still some left. PM me if you want to take a look at it.[/QUOTE]
I got all three of those earlier before the google doc existed so ill let other cags take the ones left thanks though!

I thought I saw something about Spec ops DLC and the Saint's row Shark attack DLC

[quote name='pROvIs']I got all three of those earlier before the google doc existed so ill let other cags take the ones left thanks though!

I thought I saw something about Spec ops DLC and the Saint's row Shark attack DLC[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen any shark attack codes at all, you sure that wasn't just discussion about the DLC? That is one of the DLC I am considering purchasing though, looks fun.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just a reminder, 1 hour left in the Saints Row III Spec Ops giveaway. New one starting once that one is done.[/QUOTE]
How do we get it? Just ask?

I had to buy SR3 because of Tony's dedication to this gaming community.. Typically, I would wait until it hits $7.50... Go Amazon, I hope I spend less and less on Steam and more at amazon!

[quote name='cheaphuck']How do we get it? Just ask?[/QUOTE]

You can enter the giveaway in my sig (you need to be on Steamgifts and in the CAG Steam group). PM me if you want the google doc to pull a code from.

The Steam page says that *some* SSTT cd keys will activate on Steam.

So, does the Amazon download version of SSTT activate on Steam? Anyone checked yet?

[quote name='starbuck2907']The Steam page says that *some* SSTT cd keys will activate on Steam.

So, does the Amazon download version of SSTT activate on Steam? Anyone checked yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we're 100% sure Amazon's SRTT activates on Steam. AFAIK any SRTT you buy activates on steam

[quote name='Seraphym']Yes, we're 100% sure Amazon's SRTT activates on Steam. AFAIK any SRTT you buy activates on steam[/QUOTE]

Many thanks, Seraphym.

[quote name='jatan11t']Really? I tried giving away 7 copies of Binding of Isaac Soundtrack in one giveaway, but it wouldn't let me because it told me I was limited to 6 copies.
It'll only give you that message when you try to submit the giveaway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I put in 99, and it said 25 max. I didn't think it would give that error if my limit was lower. Oh well.

I can give 10 keys away at a time to the group.

[quote name='travathian']Yeah, I put in 99, and it said 25 max. I didn't think it would give that error if my limit was lower. Oh well.

I can give 10 keys away at a time to the group.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and I am able to give away 25 at a time as well if need be.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I just checked and I am able to give away 25 at a time as well if need be.[/QUOTE]

There is no limit on Developer Giveaways, I'm sure they can do the same for Tony, that and the winners are sent the keys automatically, like the Fairie Solitaire, and Dwarf giveaways.

[quote name='travathian']Yeah, I put in 99, and it said 25 max. I didn't think it would give that error if my limit was lower. Oh well.

I can give 10 keys away at a time to the group.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BrolyB593']I just checked and I am able to give away 25 at a time as well if need be.[/QUOTE]

It told me the same thing as well. I first put in more than 25 and it told me to put in 25 or less. I did 25 and then when I tried to create it then said my limit was even lower.

If both of you want to create giveaways for 10 keys each and are able to do so then please go ahead and do so. PM after you're done with the link to the giveaway and after I confirm I'll forward you the 10 keys.

Make it a Steam CAG Group giveaway, put the image link in your sigs and then post here and in the steam thread once the giveaway is live.

Thanks.

Well, here's what I came up with to address the spreadsheet troubles. If someone could try messing it up, I'd appreciate it.

Basically, go to form, click on link to codes, and fill out form.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFc5cjQ0dllZUjFTdWdZZERZZmxSZmc6MQ#gid=4

What people could do though is input false info. But whoever is moderating can look at the timestamps and look for funny business. If there's a bunch of entries within certain time, they could just delete those rows on the spreadsheet tied to the form.

This is the closest I can get to locking certain columns. Unfortunately, google docs doesn't have this feature yet.

Decided to pick up SR3, even though I haven't played 1 or 2. Watched some videos of it and looks hilarious. Was there some promotion with the DLC, like purchase and get a free code or something? I'm reading all about this spreadsheet and reddit nonsense but I don't fully understand what happened. From what I gather there was a spreadsheet on google with a list of codes for CAG members and someone on reddit took heaps of them so none of us can get codes? :S

Currently playing:
Saints Row: The Third (PC)

Got 2 hours into it, so far.

This game is hilarious; funny; fun; awesome; insane; witty; crass; juvenile; loaded w/ plenty of action; plenty of customization; & off-the-wall.

I don't think I could even make-up some of the insane stuff that happens even in the first 2 hours that I spent w/ this game...

I'll just say that anyone on the fence about Sniper Elite v2 should pull the trigger. It is great fun. I played with my friend for a few hours the other day and made a short little video for it, showing off some of the gameplay mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH_8s2r-WVw&feature=plcp

So far we have really enjoyed it. Our only real complaint would be that you have to manually switch levels in co-op play. It won't let you simply play 'story mode' where you move through the story normally as you would in single player. Instead, we had to often back out to lobby and switch the level ourselves.

Other than that, it has been a blast.

[quote name='avwjase']I'll just say that anyone on the fence about Sniper Elite v2 should pull the trigger. It is great fun. I played with my friend for a few hours the other day and made a short little video for it, showing off some of the gameplay mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH_8s2r-WVw&feature=plcp

So far we have really enjoyed it. Our only real complaint would be that you have to manually switch levels in co-op play. It won't let you simply play 'story mode' where you move through the story normally as you would in single player. Instead, we had to often back out to lobby and switch the level ourselves.

Other than that, it has been a blast.[/QUOTE]

Nice video.

I would jump on it if it were $10 or lower. No I am not saying Tony needs to lower it because this already is an amazing price. I have just spent so much money on PC games between Amazon and Steam that I really cannot justify spending too much more on them at the moment.

It is so tempting though because I almost buy this nearly every day since it was dropped to $14.99

I haven't been following this thread the past few days. I see a lot of posts about codes and a google doc. Could someone fill me in on what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back