Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's 1C-sanity. just when i was looking for a new gpu more deals come along. man, i need to put out an ad that says need extra gf to support my gaming habit. lol it might even take awhile just to activate all those keys in steam. so what are some of the good games on the list? i don't think i have any of those. on a side note directed at activision not Tony, c'mon i want a deal for cod warchest!!!

[quote name='seamoss']From my Gamersgate shelf, here's what was in their 1C Complete Pack:

7.62 - High Calibre
Adrenalin
A Farewell to Dragons
A.I.M
A.I.M 2
A.I.M Racing
Alien Shooter Gold Pack
A-Race Extreme Show
Ascension to the Throne
Borderzone
Brigade E5 - New Jagged Union
Cannon Strike
Classic Car Racing
Creature Conflict: The Clan Wars
Cryostasis - Sleep of Reason
Cuban Missile Crisis
Cuban Missile Crisis Ice Crusade
Dawn of Magic
Death to Spies
Death to Spies Moment of Truth
Death Track: Resurrection
Desert Law
Dusk-12
El Matador
Faces of War
Fairytale about Father Frost, Ivan and Nastya
Fantasy Wars
Freight Tycoon
$$$$a - The Mystery of Janatris
Hard Truck Apocalypse
Hard Truck Apocalypse - Rise of Clans
Hellforces
King of the Road
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
King's Bounty Crossworlds
King's Bounty The Legend
Konung 2
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty
Korea: Forgotten Conflict
Men of War
Men of War: Assault Squad
Men of War Red Tide
Men of War: Vietnam SE
Mortyr 2093-1944
NecroVision
NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Off-Road Drive
Pacific Storm
Pacific Storm Allies
Pathologic
Planet Alcatraz
RC Cars
Real Warfare: 1242
Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Rig'n'Roll
Snajper
Space Rangers
Space Rangers 2
Space Rangers 2 Reboot
Spells of Gold
Stalingrad
Star Wolves
Star Wolves 2
Star Wolves 3: Civil War
Streets of Moscow
Swashbucklers Blue vs. Grey
Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943
Theatre of War 2: Battle for Caen
Theatre of War 2: Battle for Caen SE
Theatre of War 2: Centauro
Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943
Theatre of War 3: Korea
The Stalin Subway
The Stalin Subway: Red Veil
The Tomorrow War
Timothy
UAZ Racing 4x4
UFO: Afterlight
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: Aftershock
Vivisector: Beast Within
Whirlwind of Vietnam
World War I
XIII Century - Blood of Europe
XIII Century - Death or Glory
You Are Empty
Zombie Shooter

So there are a few differences (Pathologic from GG, Dawn of Magic 2 from Amazon, etc.) but overall it's pretty much the same - and it's cheaper at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. It's a 88 versus 68 game difference, but there are some newer additions, e.g. XIII Century - Death or Glory. A fair number of racing/driving titles were dropped, as well as some other stuff that has no recognition for me. Which I personally find a little disappointing, as one driving motiving reason I'm buying the Amazon 1C bundle is for racing/driving titles I could not bring myself to buy separately. Still I'm buying it any way.

Random CAG forum question... why do some threads bug out (like this one) and claim there is another page after the final page, e.g. 432 versus a non-existent 433 atm. Deleted posts?

Great bundle. The only complaint I have is that Amazon's digital service just isn't optimized for having a large number of keys. Even with 1440 pixels of height on my monitor I can get a max of 8 titles with keys to show up at once and every time I click to view a key it reloads the whole page and takes me to the top of my (unsortable) list again.

Don't get me wrong, I still plan on buying the bundle, but it's enough of a hassle that it makes this less than a 100% no-brainer recommendation to friends. Hopefully you guys have something in the pipeline or you can kick it over to your programmers -- even just removing the page reload on key retrieval with some Magical Scripting™ would be a huge improvement, imo.

[quote name='Genocidal']Great bundle. The only complaint I have is that Amazon's digital service just isn't optimized for having a large number of keys. Even with 1440 pixels of height on my monitor I can get a max of 8 titles with keys to show up at once and every time I click to view a key it reloads the whole page and takes me to the top of my (unsortable) list again.
[/QUOTE]

I totally understand what you mean, even extracting out all my steam keys for the much smaller Paradox Packs too a little bit of time/effort. On the other hand I really do appreciate the individual keys to (1) give away my dups and (2) keep unwanted clutter out of my steam library. But I'm totally with you on the reload/top-of-page every time.

Tony,

That 1C Collection is insane, I'll be buying it day one (tell us when you will be taking our money on this!). Also hope they are all Steamable but as long as most are that is awesome still.

My suggest for the 1C name

1C ollection to rule them all

[quote name='UW_Shocks']1C-Razy Bundle
"One Crazy Bundle"

The GIGANT-1C Bundle

1C Gamer Bundle[/QUOTE]

I like the 1C-Razy Bundle one alot.

My suggestion would be:

The
1derful
Collection

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yikes... 20 less than the GG bundle? Ah well. :\[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but just in case: it's also 3/4 of the price ($15 instead of $20) and you still get each game for ~25 cents. Sure, there are some stinkers in there, but you get all of King's Bounty, Men of War, Space Rangers, etc. Still an amazing deal whichever way you look at it. *And* you get Steam keys for at least some of the games. By the way, here's the 1C Publisher game catalog on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&publisher=1C Company

33 games total (plus 8 DLC more).

In fact, my pitch if you want this bundle to sell well:

1C Bundle ***WITH STEAM KEYS***

;)

Heh, funny that I have ALL the games on the 1C bundle that I'd want to buy already. Great bundle if I didn't have them.

What's the DRM on the upcoming Dead Space pack? The Steam one on sale now says SOLIDSHIELD for Dead Space 2 and EA.com online auth and user acceptance for Dead Space 1.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hopefully beforehand.

Who wants to name the bundle? Throw some ideas out and I'll pick the one I like the most that won't get me fired.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The Russian' Lovin' Bundle
The Holy $$$$a Bundle
The Labor Day Weekend Marathon Bundle

[quote name='seamoss']I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but just in case: it's also 3/4 of the price ($15 instead of $20) and you still get each game for ~25 cents. Sure, there are some stinkers in there, but you get all of King's Bounty, Men of War, Space Rangers, etc. Still an amazing deal whichever way you look at it. *And* you get Steam keys for at least some of the games. By the way, here's the 1C Publisher game catalog on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&publisher=1C%20Company

33 games total (plus 8 DLC more).

In fact, my pitch if you want this bundle to sell well:

1C Bundle ***WITH STEAM KEYS***

;)[/QUOTE]
Hmm, kinda sorta. It's an unreal bundle, but at the same time, when I buy a company's "catalog", it's a slight turn off when it's technically missing 20 titles out of that catalog.

If I didn't have KB Platinum, Penumbra, the Space Rangers games, etc, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Problem is I bought those months ago (from Amazon to boot), so I'm still on the fence. If all the games actually ARE Steam redeemable, I'll probably go for it. If only half of them do, I'm not sure.

Still, there's no argument against how good this bundle is, there is just a reason or two not to jump on it if you already have the games you want. That's all.

And a name... hmmm... howabout:

1C Wut U Did Thar.... Bundle. :D

Tony, any word on a Saint's Row the Third DLC sale pack? I'm still bummed when Steam offerred a virtually full version of the game for $13 after I bought the standalone game during Amazon's $9.99 sale.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'] We'll have the following games, all 75% off or ALL OF THEM FOR $14.99 [/QUOTE] Tony, Are these 1C titles going to be the new-and-improved SecuROM-free versions?

As for a bundle name, how about: "You Only Live 1C". (Yeah, I know, that James Bond guy said "twice", but he's not a gamer. Screw that guy.) [quote name='asheskitty'] Random CAG forum question... why do some threads bug out (like this one) and claim there is another page after the final page, e.g. 432 versus a non-existent 433 atm. Deleted posts?[/QUOTE]

Bingo. At the top of the page, just under the thread title, you'll see the number of replies and views in the thread. As I write this, the top of the page shows 8655 replies -- but the last reply I can see is #8646. So there are 9 deleted posts out there somewhere.

Any time the total number of replies passes a multiple of 20, the board software says that a new page has been added. But until the number of visible posts passes that same multiple, us mere mortals are stuck on the previous page.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Tony, Are these 1C titles going to be the new-and-improved SecuROM-free versions? [/QUOTE]

Be careful what you wish for... "Now SecuROM-free due to popular demand. DRM:Tages"

[quote name='Mac the Geek'] As for a bundle name, how about: "You Only Live 1C". (Yeah, I know, that James Bond guy said "twice", but he's not a gamer. Screw that guy.) [/QUOTE]
Apparently Bond isn't playing in hardmode/ladder.

[quote name='Mac the Geek'] Bingo. At the top of the page, just under the thread title, you'll see the number of replies and views in the thread. As I write this, the top of the page shows 8655 replies -- but the last reply I can see is #8646. So there are 9 deleted posts out there somewhere.

Any time the total number of replies passes a multiple of 20, the board software says that a new page has been added. But until the number of visible posts passes that same multiple, us mere mortals are stuck on the previous page.[/QUOTE]
Many thanks for that explanation. I hadn't noticed the number of replies at the top. I guess that's why some boards disallow post deletion. Lazy/sloppy coders... makes me wonder if anyone ISO 9001 compliant produces forum-in-a-box.

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']"All for 1c and 1c for all!" bundle![/QUOTE]

[quote name='KaOTiK']1C ollection to rule them all[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']1C-Razy Bundle[/QUOTE]

These three are the best so far.

@Tony: Concerning the 1C bundle. Since many of these games aren't currently available on steam, if we buy the version that has steam keys, do we just get games that have steam keys? Or do we get the whole bundle? Which would mean that in addition to the games with steam keys, we also end up with DRM free versions of the other games.

EDIT: Assuming that it is the latter, if any of these games not on steam ever get added to steam, would we have keys for those games added to our bundle when they appear on steam?

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for keeping us informed about all of these deals. While I don't think I'll buy much since I prefer Steam games it's really nice to see the community support from Amazon. Steam could really learn a lot from you guys. Just as an example Amazon locked and closed my account because they weren't sure I was making the purchases. It took about 24 hours to get the issue resolved. Conversely, Steam did the same thing and it took them four days.

Again, if I ever get over my hangup of having all games in one app (rather than Steam and Origin and Impulse...that Kingdoms of Amalur sale really hurts since I won't get it) I'd definitely move most of my business to you folks.

[quote name='vince_carter']1CheapAssBundle

are any of those games any good is the question though? never tried anything on that list[/QUOTE]

Depends on your taste, 1C has a pretty decent library of games though.

King's Bounty games are their best and have the greatest mass appeal
Men of War is a good RTS series that is hard but rewarding, same with Threatre of War series
Penumbra games are excellent horror games, these were the first games the Amnesia devs made
Star Wolves is a good space strategy game series
Cryostasis, Necrovision, UFO series, Space Rangers series, and A Farewell to Dragons are all good but have their own quirks that some don't like, but solid games in general.

Don't know about the rest of their catalog from what I remember off hand.

A lot of their games are normally pretty solid but may be a bit rough around the edges or have some quirks some people don't like, but overall there are good, generally speaking.

Tony,

I noticed that Crysis Maximum Edition is on sale for 75% off right now - how long is this price for? I'm wondering if I should wait it out for the labor day sales or pick it up now...

[quote name='Splines']Tony,

I noticed that Crysis Maximum Edition is on sale for 75% off right now - how long is this price for? I'm wondering if I should wait it out for the labor day sales or pick it up now...

Tony announced it yesterday:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lastly, apparently my EA contact pays very close attention to Shark week and was interested in running Crysis Maximum at 75% off this week to celebrate:

Enjoy:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40469aximum-Edition-Download/dp/B0047O2L52/

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Splines']Tony,

[quote name='asheskitty']Tony announced it yesterday:[/QUOTE]

Good question. We won't have a better deal on the Crysis Maximum by itself, but we will have a Crysis Maximum and Crysis 2 Maximum for $14.99 in a bundle, so it just depends if you want it a la carte or the bundle.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Anthonomy']Tony, any word on a Saint's Row the Third DLC sale pack? I'm still bummed when Steam offerred a virtually full version of the game for $13 after I bought the standalone game during Amazon's $9.99 sale.[/QUOTE]

Still working on finalizing THQ :).

[quote name='The End']These three are the best so far.

@Tony: Concerning the 1C bundle. Since many of these games aren't currently available on steam, if we buy the version that has steam keys, do we just get games that have steam keys? Or do we get the whole bundle? Which would mean that in addition to the games with steam keys, we also end up with DRM free versions of the other games.

EDIT: Assuming that it is the latter, if any of these games not on steam ever get added to steam, would we have keys for those games added to our bundle when they appear on steam?[/QUOTE]

Good questions, if you buy a version that has Steam keys you'll get Steam keys for the ones that have them and non-steam for the ones that don't. I'm fairly certain the rest are DRM free, but since I was misinformed about the availability of Steam keys for everything I'm going to try and re-confirm.

[quote name='r9800pro']Tony, will there be Horror Pack and Unlockable Pack DLCs for Saints Row: The Third on Amazon ?[/QUOTE]

We will be carrying them yes.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for keeping us informed about all of these deals. While I don't think I'll buy much since I prefer Steam games it's really nice to see the community support from Amazon. Steam could really learn a lot from you guys. Just as an example Amazon locked and closed my account because they weren't sure I was making the purchases. It took about 24 hours to get the issue resolved. Conversely, Steam did the same thing and it took them four days.

Again, if I ever get over my hangup of having all games in one app (rather than Steam and Origin and Impulse...that Kingdoms of Amalur sale really hurts since I won't get it) I'd definitely move most of my business to you folks.[/QUOTE]

No worries man, I'm happy to be here :).

[quote name='tenzor']Hey Tony, I picked up Sleeping Dogs at midnight last night after viewing this thread about the $44.99 price +$5 credit, but I haven't received my $5 credit yet. However, looking at the page listing now it is no longer listed with the credit. Any way to fix this?

I am assuming the credit was only for pre orders, but I bought it after release. I just thought it was still included since this thread still had it listed when I went to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

Hey man,

Sorry for the mix up, I'd email CS and let them know what happened, they should sort you out.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony,

That 1C Collection is insane, I'll be buying it day one (tell us when you will be taking our money on this!). Also hope they are all Steamable but as long as most are that is awesome still.

My suggest for the 1C name

1C ollection to rule them all[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']1C-Razy Bundle
"One Crazy Bundle"

The GIGANT-1C Bundle

1C Gamer Bundle[/QUOTE]

These are currently the front runners, we have a list going on the whiteboard here.

Lastly, and this is on an entirely personal note. I want to address the fact that I haven't been as active in this thread as I have been in the past, and that you're seeing more of these types of posts from me where I'm trying to answer several questions in one post and often doing so quickly.

This isn't indicative of disengagement on my side and I will be back to more active participation soon. I've had some really tumultuous stuff going on in my personal life for the past month or so (ugly ugly break up) that has been sapping all of my free time. As many of you know I generally respond to a lot of posts late night/early morning, unfortunately those time periods have been otherwise occupied.

I'm expecting for things to return to normal in the next two weeks.

Like I said, not something that I would normally share but I feel that since this is the first and most active/supportive community I work in that you all were owed an explanation.

Feel free to hit me up via PM if you have any questions, don't want to clog up the thread.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The 1C bundle is pretty amazing. If I hadn't already gotten in on gamersgate or gotten a steam key for Rig N Roll (the game I plan on playing over and over again), I would be tempted to bite. I'm actually still thinking about double dipping to be honest...lol[/QUOTE]

I assume you did not get your Steam key from GamersGate? I bought the bundle from them too and many of the games I wanted to play first have either SecuROM or Starforce. Rig N Roll has Starforce. :cry:

[quote name='Palinn']I assume you did not get your Steam key from GamersGate? I bought the bundle from them too and many of the games I wanted to play first have either SecuROM or Starforce. Rig N Roll has Starforce. :cry:[/QUOTE]

No, I got mine from Indiegala 7, which is still going on right now and people are still selling bundles for around $2 with a group buy.

I installed Rig N Roll from GG though prior to that and didn't notice anything bad happening to my computer, but I don't really pay attention to things like that unless my computer starts attacking me or crying.

Tony,

Any word on Sonic Generations (Steam PCDD) for this month or Labor Day? I know about a month ago you said you had(or potentially had) something planned for August.

Thanks,
Carl

[quote name='ckendal']Tony,

Any word on Sonic Generations (Steam PCDD) for this month or Labor Day? I know about a month ago you said you had(or potentially had) something planned for August.

Thanks,
Carl[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, forgot to address this, it will be $9.99 for 24 hours at one point during the Labor Day sale.

Cheers,
Tony

Just want to verify, does the Crysis bundle still have SecuRom? I thought an update was coming for the downloads that would specify DRM or not. I would like to get it but I will not be supporting that DRM.

Thanks for the help!

I'm pretty sure it still has SecuROM

I remember Crytek making a post recently [during the launch of Crysis 2 Maximum Edition], that the activations limits on Crysis 1 and Warhead were raised to some outrageous number like 50 or 100.
It was done to give owners the chance to re-install and play the original Crysis in preparation of Cry2-Max.

**EDIT** Found it: http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/topic46212
Looks like it was raised to 50 activations, in celebration of the announcement of Crysis 3.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I'm pretty sure it still has SecuROM

I remember Crytek making a post recently [during the launch of Crysis 2 Maximum Edition], that the activations limits on Crysis 1 and Warhead were raised to some outrageous number like 50 or 100.
It was done to give owners the chance to re-install and play the original Crysis in preparation of Cry2-Max.

**EDIT** Found it: http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/topic46212
Looks like it was raised to 50 activations, in celebration of the announcement of Crysis 3.[/QUOTE]

But what if I want to play it once a year on a different computer each year for the next 50 years?

[quote name='tenzor']Hey Tony, I picked up Sleeping Dogs at midnight last night after viewing this thread about the $44.99 price +$5 credit, but I haven't received my $5 credit yet. However, looking at the page listing now it is no longer listed with the credit. Any way to fix this?

I am assuming the credit was only for pre orders, but I bought it after release. I just thought it was still included since this thread still had it listed when I went to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Hey man,

Sorry for the mix up, I'd email CS and let them know what happened, they should sort you out.

Cheers,
Tony

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony, PM and let me know if I have to provide any information to get the $5 credit.

[quote name='tenzor']Thanks Tony, PM and let me know if I have to provide any information to get the $5 credit.[/QUOTE]

I believe Tony is saying that if he were in your position he would suggest you contact CS directly and they will get you sorted out.

When I did so for the THQ bundle they fixed the problem with one email.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh yeah, forgot to address this, it will be $9.99 for 24 hours at one point during the Labor Day sale.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony!

[quote name='UW_Shocks']It was done to give owners the chance to re-install and play the original Crysis in preparation of Cry2-Max.
[/QUOTE]

Activation limitations can be a serious problem for hardware reviewers. I remember Anand Shimpi (of AnandTech) commenting a couple months back how they couldn't include benchmarks of Arkham City as they were unable to obtain more activations, and he's a well known guy with a long running site. (Reading between the lines, it seems like hardware reviews can often get some special keys/activation limits due to the nature of their work/its benefit to game publishers.

[quote name='asheskitty']Activation limitations can be a serious problem for hardware reviewers. I remember Anand Shimpi (of AnandTech) commenting a couple months back how they couldn't include benchmarks of Arkham City as they were unable to obtain more activations, and he's a well known guy with a long running site. (Reading between the lines, it seems like hardware reviews can often get some special keys/activation limits due to the nature of their work/its benefit to game publishers.[/QUOTE]

That is true
I am a hardware reviewer myself (Graphics cards) and I needed to contact support few times for that stupid activation limitation crap

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh yeah, forgot to address this, it will be $9.99 for 24 hours at one point during the Labor Day sale.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, can't wait now!!

[quote name='r9800pro']That is true
I am a hardware reviewer myself (Graphics cards) and I needed to contact support few times for that stupid activation limitation crap[/QUOTE]

As a regular guy who avoids limited-activation games like the plague, I'd love to see all of you hardware reviewers get together and send an open letter to game publishers, stating that you won't use games that have such ridiculous DRM. I think some of them would sit up and take notice if their super-cutting-edge graphics were going to be ignored by the testing and benchmarking community.

Of course, it would have to be a community-wide effort; but I think 50 hardware reviewers boycotting a game would have a much greater impact on publishers than 5000 individual gamers.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I loved your namesake. I had a Radeon 9800 Pro from 2004 until earlier this year; it was retired from heavy usage three years ago, but still performed faithfully in retirement until it gave up the ghost in April. Loved that card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back