Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have a $12.49 bundle in the next couple of weeks with:
Airline Tycoon 2 [Download]
Disciples III Renaissance [Download]
Disciples III - Resurrection [Download]
Dungeons [Download]
Dungeons: The Dark Lord [Download]
Tropico 3 [Download]
[/QUOTE]

:drool: Wow good to know! That makes me happy that I didn't give into temptation on the steam Dungeons weekend deal. Though I did did bite on Tropico 3 Gold. I shoulda known better... Bad kitty. Bad kitty!

[quote name='Cloulien']I just saw this post here Tony http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326821 and was wondering if amazon would pricematch the deals. I am guessing not but I am hoping that you would cause I hate having to sign up for more services and would rather give my money to amazon.[/QUOTE]
That's an Ubisoft promotion, by Ubisoft, selling Ubisoft games, with Ubisoft's DRM, on Ubisoft's game client. The prices are only what they are in the hopes of bringing people into Uplay and getting more customers.

You aren't going to find those prices anywhere else. Same with GFWL selling $0.10 games.

[quote name='thegreatest']Anything bad about uPlay? I might have to pick up all the $1 games...[/QUOTE]

MOAR DRM. Ubi pissed people off with always-online-DRM. There are probably other gripes. You might already have it if you own Assassins Creed games, Splinter Cell Conviction, or others.

[quote name='thegreatest']Anything bad about uPlay? I might have to pick up all the $1 games...[/QUOTE]

The uPlay servers go offline all the time, the uPlay (stealth install) browser plugin was found to be a rootkit, etc. Advisable not to touch with a 10 foot pole.

The thing is, the majority of UBI games have Uplay. So no matter what, you have to deal with it, so if you want any of their games, you might as well get it where it's cheapest. I'd advise at least getting Driver when it's a buck.

Make sure to turn off cloud sync though. It's lately been screwing with people's save games.

[quote name='Corpekata']The thing is, the majority of UBI games have Uplay. So no matter what, you have to deal with it, so if you want any of their games, you might as well get it where it's cheapest. I'd advise at least getting Driver when it's a buck.

Make sure to turn off cloud sync though. It's lately been screwing with people's save games.[/QUOTE]

Truth. This is why I've never bought a uPlay required game before.

[quote name='Corpekata']The thing is, the majority of UBI games have Uplay. So no matter what, you have to deal with it, so if you want any of their games, you might as well get it where it's cheapest. I'd advise at least getting Driver when it's a buck.

Make sure to turn off cloud sync though. It's lately been screwing with people's save games.[/QUOTE]

I agree, Driver is a steal even with the Uplay DRM. That's probably the lowest price it'll ever be.

I'm all over the $1 deals. I figure uplay is inevitable and I might as well get something out of it. I will consider it their payment to me to compensate me for their shitty DRM. I also would not expect anyone to even consider price matching a promotion like this.

Holy crap, I'm glad the .emu sale was still up today. I would have kicked myself for a long time to come if I had missed out on that. I couldn't resist the Rise of Flight either, Red Baron and Red Baron 3D were the bomb back in the day.

Tony (or anyone), do you have any recommendations for a fun co-op type rpg / action rpg type game on Amazon either "free to play" or reasonably inexpensive ($9.99 ish) that will run on a low-spec pc? I have a friend I want to do some co-op with, but his laptop is of the $400 Wal-Mart variety that is good for surfing, email, but not much else. Me thinks I'll at least order him some RAM for his rig from Amazon so an Alt-Tab won't take 3 minutes.

Hey, Tony, I can't change one of my potential orders to not use gift credit. I checked in my account settings (tried turning off 1-click & altering the settings there and had no luck; then followed the links on the order page and some others on my account page, no luck as well), the order confirmation pages, and whatnot, but I can't find how to pay solely with another payment method. I'm saving my credit up to completely pay off a specific game pre-order, so I really don't want to use any of that balance at the moment. :/

Is this supposed to happen? I don't remember being forced to use gift credit before...

Even if they wanted to price match Ubi's sales, could they? Don't they need the publisher's permission first? So of course Ubi wouldn't grant permission on the weekend that they are specifically trying to get people to use their own store.

[quote name='wageslave']Holy crap, I'm glad the .emu sale was still up today. I would have kicked myself for a long time to come if I had missed out on that. I couldn't resist the Rise of Flight either, Red Baron and Red Baron 3D were the bomb back in the day.

Tony (or anyone), do you have any recommendations for a fun co-op type rpg / action rpg type game on Amazon either "free to play" or reasonably inexpensive ($9.99 ish) that will run on a low-spec pc? I have a friend I want to do some co-op with, but his laptop is of the $400 Wal-Mart variety that is good for surfing, email, but not much else. Me thinks I'll at least order him some RAM for his rig from Amazon so an Alt-Tab won't take 3 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Glad you're digging the deal of the week. As for a game like you described. You should check out Drakensang Online. It is our featured F2P game this week, is browser based and Diablo-esque.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='randomdud']Hey, Tony, I can't change one of my potential orders to not use gift credit. I checked in my account settings (tried turning off 1-click & altering the settings there and had no luck; then followed the links on the order page and some others on my account page, no luck as well), the order confirmation pages, and whatnot, but I can't find how to pay solely with another payment method. I'm saving my credit up to completely pay off a specific game pre-order, so I really don't want to use any of that balance at the moment. :/

Is this supposed to happen? I don't remember being forced to use gift credit before...[/QUOTE]

Tony,
Steam has the sniper elite v2 franchise on sale this weekend for 66% off, including the individual DLC. You guys going to have a similar price point on the DLC?

Tony - Sniper Elite V2 is $16.99 on Steam's as part of their weekend deal. Will Amazon be matching or beating it (again) any time soon?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Tony,
Steam has the sniper elite v2 franchise on sale this weekend for 66% off, including the individual DLC. You guys going to have a similar price point on the DLC?[/QUOTE]

I will pitch this, but if you see something you like you should snag it now as I have 0 confirmation.

Also,

We just got Guild Wars Platinum up, and if you purchase it you'll get $5 off the Guild Wars 2 Pre-purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/NCsoft-41136-Platimun1-Guild-Wars/dp/B008Y43IMG/

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I will pitch this, but if you see something you like you should snag it now as I have 0 confirmation.

Also,

We just got Guild Wars Platinum up, and if you purchase it you'll get $5 off the Guild Wars 2 Pre-purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/NCsoft-41136-Platimun1-Guild-Wars/dp/B008Y43IMG/

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No prob. I know the drill :) It's the Steam weekend deal so I'll probably snag it come Sunday unless you hear back from them before that.

Good stuff, Tony. Let me know if you need more hamster help for the upcoming sales.

Will the Civ games be on sale 75% off separately or just in a franchise pack?

[quote name='Shrowd']Tony,

Any update on Final Fantasy 7?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect to see FF7 anytime soon since S-E is trying to push the new download manager that they just launched.

[quote name='bobphone']Tony, what's the deal with absolutely no discounts on Transformers? Not just Amazon, but no one has it cheaper than $60.[/QUOTE]

I think that if there are no discounts anywhere, you kinda have to conclude that the publisher wants it that way.

Quoth the Wiki of Pedias:
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is an upcoming third-person shooter video game being developed by High Moon Studios and published by Activision.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad you're digging the deal of the week. As for a game like you described. You should check out Drakensang Online. It is our featured F2P game this week, is browser based and Diablo-esque.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

WTF is this, this is insane. This recommendation was:

1. Posted less than 90 minutes after the original question.
2. Posted at 8AM in the time zone Tony is based in.
3. Personalized for a pretty niche and specific set of requirements.
4. References a game that someone who considers themselves a well-informed gamer (me) was not aware of but looks quite intriguing.

You won't get any of those things at most Gamestops or Best Buys, kids.

Nice work, Tony - you're showing them a new, better way of doing business. Brofist :)

[quote name='valenor the bored']Went ahead and picked up Crysis Max.

Damn you and thank you Tony![/QUOTE]

same, I literaly spend so much on these games it's unreal

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']does crysis work on windows 7? also, does it have that annoying drm?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']not sure if i missed it, but would i be able to get crysis max edition on steam for the same price?[/QUOTE]

Crysis works on my Win 7 x64 Ultimate

Crysis Max has only been cheaper once, I think it was a gamefly sale ($5.99?).

Definitely worth the 7.50. EA rarely lets steam put their games on sale.

BUY IT

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Glad you're digging the deal of the week. As for a game like you described. You should check out Drakensang Online. It is our featured F2P game this week, is browser based and Diablo-esque.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'll check that out. Thanks Chief!

[quote name='Lint21']WTF is this, this is insane. This recommendation was:

1. Posted less than 90 minutes after the original question.
2. Posted at 8AM in the time zone Tony is based in.
3. Personalized for a pretty niche and specific set of requirements.
4. References a game that someone who considers themselves a well-informed gamer (me) was not aware of but looks quite intriguing.

You won't get any of those things at most Gamestops or Best Buys, kids.

Nice work, Tony - you're showing them a new, better way of doing business. Brofist :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome Indeed!

Amazon has always been all kinds of awesome in all of my interactions with them, and I have been a customer for 10+ years. If only there was a way for them to ship perishable groceries to where I'm at, I could literally do all of my shopping in the Internets.

[quote name='inm8num2']Good stuff, Tony. Let me know if you need more hamster help for the upcoming sales.

Will the Civ games be on sale 75% off separately or just in a franchise pack?[/QUOTE]

We actually won't have a pack, sorry for the confusion, all the prices will be a la carte.

[quote name='Shrowd']Tony,

Any update on Final Fantasy 7?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='clonesniper666']I wouldn't expect to see FF7 anytime soon since S-E is trying to push the new download manager that they just launched.[/QUOTE]

I've upped my offer from naming rights of my first child to naming rights + the title of "Uncle Square" and invitations to every major holiday to celebrate with the family.

Alas it seems like a place in my family is not enough. I will continue to pursue though.

[quote name='randomdud']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9890220&postcount=8744

I can see you quoted me in the post above, but I can't see a response that applies to my issue in the post. :S I went ahead and PM'd you about this.[/QUOTE]

My bad...

So the question is, how do I make a transaction NOT use a GC?

Honestly I'm really not sure, you'd have to reach out to CS to ask, I've never been in that situation :(.

Let me know if you do reach out and what they say and I'll add it to the second post so it lives FOREVER!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pROvIs']Tony,

Any word on a season pass deal for Max Payne 3? Also will you be getting Torchlight 2 or Awesomenauts?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

T-Money, Dawg are you skirting me? I think I asked this 2-3 times in the last few months without even a simple no word yet or no etc.

On another note, Do you plan on matching ubi's uplay sales at all? I understand about the $1 ones but how about the Assassin's creed franchise sale today?

Revelations $7.50
Brotherhood $5
2 $5

I'd much rather grab these from you.

[quote name='pROvIs']T-Money, Dawg are you skirting me? I think I asked this 2-3 times in the last few months without even a simple no word yet or no etc.

On another note, Do you plan on matching ubi's uplay sales at all? I understand about the $1 ones but how about the Assassin's creed franchise sale today?

Revelations $7.50
Brotherhood $5
2 $5
I'd much rather grab these from you.[/QUOTE]

Whoops! Sorry I missed your question. I'm working on the Max Payne DLC sale but don't have anything locked in for th enear future. Sorry again for ignoring you. Everytime I try to respond to a post of yours I look at your cool avatar, get distracted, and forget :(.

As for the Ubisoft promos, we will absolutely not be matching.

[quote name='Maynard']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI_0tQdEA5k tl;dw I second that, match it![/QUOTE]

See above.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='georgebot84']Warhead has activation limit (I hear 50) and Securom.[/QUOTE]

even if you download it? that blows.

Just confirmed that Digital Video Games will have its first ever Gold Box Deal of the Day (the big box in the center of the goldbox page) this month. Will follow with more details but it is going to be awesome.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mac the Geek']If it didn't have SecuROM, how would they enforce those install limits? ;)

(Also, :cry:)[/QUOTE]

.. but this is the Amazon thread. Amazon will give you a new key if yours becomes inactive for some crazy reason.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just confirmed that Digital Video Games will have its first ever Gold Box Deal of the Day (the big box in the center of the goldbox page) this month. Will follow with more details but it is going to be awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Every copy bought comes with a free mp3 of Gangnam Style?

[quote name='hal'].. but this is the Amazon thread. Amazon will give you a new key if yours becomes inactive for some crazy reason.[/QUOTE]

Fact.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Every copy bought comes with a free mp3 of Gangnam Style?[/QUOTE]

Lol no, that would not be a good gold box lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just confirmed that Digital Video Games will have its first ever Gold Box Deal of the Day (the big box in the center of the goldbox page) this month. Will follow with more details but it is going to be awesome.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome! hopefully this means lighting deals for DVG in/around Black Friday as well :)

Tony, this is a bit off topic but related still.
I posted this once before but I think it got lost in the shuffle when other deals were going on it was simply missed (or so bad not worth acknowledging).

Don't if it is possible or even worth doing for that matter, but have you guys ever thought about doing some kind of promo where you buy a game and you get a coupon/credit/etc towards a controller/joystick/mouse/etc .

Just an example, say you put a flight sim game on sale, a lot of people might be interested but don't have a stick setup to really enjoy it and just don't bother. What if you had it so if they bought the game, they get a coupon/credit/etc to amazon to use only on joysticks/flight setups. Same thing for racing games and wheels, controllers and lots of genres, gaming mice for FPS'. You get the idea.

Like I said, no idea if it possible or worth doing, but I think it could be interesting idea but who knows, could be total crap as I don't have the knowledge you do. Figured I'd throw it out there though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

dancing-hamsters-1.gif
dancing-hamsters-1.gif
dancing-hamsters-1.gif

Dancing_hamster.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back