Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kosmos13x']Just a heads up for those who got Risen on steam ways back:

Update to remove 3rd Party DRM solution from game

You can most definitely thank T-Money for that since he got the wheels turning over at Deep Silver ;)

[/QUOTE]

Let me just tell you that Amazon was much quicker about getting the DRM free update posted than Steam. A bunch of us were getting the runaround from the Valve customer service drones who told us to go bug Deep Silver about it why the DRM free update wasn't posted and when we did Deep Silver was like 'What? We gave that to Valve a long time ago. They should have posted it by now'.

I think eventually that enough of us did enough complaining about it that somebody somewhere finally got the hint and pushed the update through but it honestly felt like an uphill battle to get it done.

I just wish Amazon had Risen 2 for digital pre-order now. They are giving a free DLC for pre-orders but right now you can only pre-order boxed. D'OH.

[quote name='xRidley']I think part of the problem is that Amazon doesn't have an installation management client (yes I know about the downloader but its crap). I have purchased games on Amazon for the keys so that I can give the key to a friend, so if I look at my Digital Games library it looks like a huge mess (multiple copies of games, no idea which keys are mine or given to friends), and it doesn't help it just gets organized by purchase date. In fact it is probably the biggest problem I have with Amazon games, is how disorganized the library is. Not to mention, who knows which DRM it uses. GFWL, Steam, Origin, properitary, TAGES, etc?? No clue, just a bunch of .exes and cd keys.

I gladly prefer paying extra on Steam just so it is organized properly, easy to install/uninstall, and consistent DRM (Steam itself), and only buy from Amazon when it comes with a Steam code.

I'm not a Steam fanboy either.. It just offers convenience and consistent quality. When I get a bunch of .exe and cd keys with random DRM like you get with Amazon, then I can get the same thing off Usenet for free (which I don't and instead buy it on Steam, it is just that amazon has no value to me because of that)[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I really think they need a client. Digital books, videos and Android apps on Amazon in my opinion are all managed much better than games. I hate to be harsh, but with all of Amazon's resources they can do better. It doesn't necessarily have to be an always on, DRM sort of client, but just something to organize everything nicely and notify of updates. Which brings me to my next point.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If you bought a game that had DRM before you can re-download from your game and software library now and it will be DRM free, we've replaced all of the builds.
[/QUOTE]

Do you guys actually notify customers who bought a game when there's a big update like removal of DRM? If not, you really should.

[quote name='metalkidz']Steam is DRM dude, so no Steam redeemable[/QUOTE]

It's funny that a lot of people don't realize that but then again that means they are doing something right when their DRM is so non-intrusive and adds valuable features that people don't even realize it is DRM.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Install game, download patches, report back to CAG. Hopefully it is patched up for the retail version :)[/QUOTE]

@UW_Shocks
If I actually do check out any of the Retail Box versions that I have already on disc and notice they been updated w/ NO DRM, I will point it out. :D

@Tony
I think it's great that you and Amazon working w/ companies like UbiSoft [who are some of the worst when it comes to DRM policies] and offering games DRM-FREE.
UbiSoft really should update any of their Retail Box versions on Disc to also be DRM-FREE [shouldn't be hard; they'd probably just need to replace the EXE file to not do a DRM check], so they don't double-dip on gamers like myself who already own copies of these games.

I'd also like to note - Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory PC is my favorite of the Splinter Cell games. And that one at Retail had the god-awful StarForce [ewwwwwwwwww!]. Glad to see Amazon getting that DRM-FREE.
Also, Far Cry 2 PC at Retail [on DVD] had Securom Internet Activation w/ install limits and revokes. Glad to see you guys getting that w/ NO DRM, as well.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Hi, Tony! I'm just getting back into PC gaming, and I'm trying to switch some of my console games over to PC (preferably organized via Steam). The Origin store had Mass Effect for around $8 after coupon and Best Buy had $5 Mass Effect 2 (sadly for 360/PS3 only), is there any chance we can see these in the sale to celebrate the ME3 release? That would definitely make my week, thanks!

Also, I'm probably going to pick up Dead Space via Amazon. Does that include a Steam key, or am I stuck with Sony DRM? How can I tell from listings in the future?[/QUOTE]

There's a list of EA games on their site that use certain DRM schemes and their revokes tools are all compiled here.
Dead Space 1 PC used Securom Internet Edition w/ required one-time online activation (per PC), 5 install limits and allowed revokes/de-authorizations, if I recall correctly.

I think you should make packs too. Example, all Splinter Cell games available at N price.
Sometimes people want to buy an entire collection, and a 2$ discount means something. I bought Splinter Cell collection from Steam about a year ago, just because it was about 5$ cheaper than buying individually.

Looking forward to the DRM-Free sale :). But I have to ask, why is there no add to cart option for digital purchases? You can only click buy and download, one at a time.

[quote name='metalkidz']Steam is DRM dude, so no Steam redeemable[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of games you can activate on Steam but don't have too at all and are DRM free.

...Ooh, HAWX i didn't expect. i'm not a fan of the Rainbow Six kind of shooters (and not a fan os tealth so there goes non-Convictions Splinter Cell), but i'm a huge fan of Ace Combat. that's a nice one that i completely forgot is a Tom Clancy game, mainly because it's *nothing* like the others. totally in for this sale after all! i'm also a bigger fan of GRAW1 than 2 so i'm happy to see it there. it's more forgiving than the usual one, but not really any easier in the process. good choice on the last couple, even if you're sticking with the overall series, because they're quite a ways different.

[quote name='unknown0']Good thing I read through the thread because I picked up Dead Space :)[/QUOTE]

I'm on the fence on this one. I heard bad things about it, mainly:

1) DRM with installation limits
2) too much people talk about bad PC port (control)

[quote name='KaOTiK']There are a lot of games you can activate on Steam but don't have too at all and are DRM free.[/QUOTE]

Those are mostly Indie Bundle games. I don't know of many regular commercial games that optionally activate on Steam but don't require it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just got done testing HAWX. It is DRM free, works like a charm, and REALLLLY fun.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You should play it with a XBox 360 Wireless Controller on 3 monitors in Eyefinity and you will be blown away :D

[quote name='juanjava']I'm on the fence on this one. I heard bad things about it, mainly:

2) too much people talk about bad PC port (control)[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any issues with it. Can't speak to the install limit, but the port seemed fine to me.

[quote name='juanjava']I'm on the fence on this one. I heard bad things about it, mainly:

2) too much people talk about bad PC port (control)[/QUOTE]

Well Amazon takes care of install limits by giving you a new key. As for the controls, you can always use the 360 controller. Going to play it later tonight.

[quote name='houdinilogic']I didn't have any issues with it. Can't speak to the install limit, but the port seemed fine to me.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't have a 360 or PS3 to compare versions, but I thought Dead Space was a good game, looked fine and played better.

[quote name='unknown0']Well Amazon takes care of install limits by giving you a new key. As for the controls, you can always use the 360 controller. Going to play it later tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy it and give it a try with my 360 gamepad!. Too bad it shows me full price :cry:

[quote name='unknown0']Well Amazon takes care of install limits by giving you a new key. As for the controls, you can always use the 360 controller. Going to play it later tonight.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like on Dead Space 1 PC that you COULD NOT remap your movement controls from WSAD to say Cursor Arrows - I'm left-handed, BTW.
Unfortunately, that issue never got fixed.
Of course, Dead Space 1 PC played just fine w/ the X360 controller.

Of course, Dead Space 2 PC turned out great - as they fixed the lingering above said issue in a patch, especially after Gareth Garett [spelling?] complained about the lack of remapping issue.
I got so much respect for that hardcore gamer. :)

[quote name='avwjase']I have immensely enjoyed Football Manager 2012 so far. I'm not big on soccer but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the hell out of a well made sim.[/QUOTE]

From the pics I kind of expected lots of stats but was looking forward to watching the matches. Most of the games I saw only lasted about 10 mins. Maybe I did something wrong. Anyways, way too stat heavy for me and hard to get into if you don't follow European football. One of the rare times I'm skipping an amazon sale game.

Ey Tony. You have told you are testing the games to verify they work flawlessly.

Could you please add language information for the games of this promotion? They are about 15-19 games.

If you test it , you could see what languages are available on each game.

I think this could help people to buy or not a game, IMHO.

I missed out on the Football Manager 2012 sale price at the Steam Store on Thursday, so I was pleasantly surprised to find it on Amazon Digital Downloads for about half the Steam sale price today. This is the first digital game from Amazon that I've bought (I have a Mac, and I just started using Steam last year when they started their service for Macs).

Kudos to Tony and the others at Amazon DVG for matching other digital sales. I'm looking forward to seeing other Mac downloads for sale (and Fable: The Lost Chapters too, though that's only a download for PC; the Mac version is disc-only).

[quote name='pROvIs']Hawx 2 drm free? please?[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely broach the subject!

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Hi, Tony! I'm just getting back into PC gaming, and I'm trying to switch some of my console games over to PC (preferably organized via Steam). The Origin store had Mass Effect for around $8 after coupon and Best Buy had $5 Mass Effect 2 (sadly for 360/PS3 only), is there any chance we can see these in the sale to celebrate the ME3 release? That would definitely make my week, thanks!

Also, I'm probably going to pick up Dead Space via Amazon. Does that include a Steam key, or am I stuck with Sony DRM? How can I tell from listings in the future?[/QUOTE]

We have had Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 for $5 as recent as two weeks ago. We'll probably revisit those sales but I'm not sure exactly when, we try not to stack the same sales back to back.

[quote name='Motoki']Let me just tell you that Amazon was much quicker about getting the DRM free update posted than Steam. A bunch of us were getting the runaround from the Valve customer service drones who told us to go bug Deep Silver about it why the DRM free update wasn't posted and when we did Deep Silver was like 'What? We gave that to Valve a long time ago. They should have posted it by now'.

I think eventually that enough of us did enough complaining about it that somebody somewhere finally got the hint and pushed the update through but it honestly felt like an uphill battle to get it done.

I just wish Amazon had Risen 2 for digital pre-order now. They are giving a free DLC for pre-orders but right now you can only pre-order boxed. D'OH.

I agree with this. I really think they need a client. Digital books, videos and Android apps on Amazon in my opinion are all managed much better than games. I hate to be harsh, but with all of Amazon's resources they can do better. It doesn't necessarily have to be an always on, DRM sort of client, but just something to organize everything nicely and notify of updates. Which brings me to my next point.

Do you guys actually notify customers who bought a game when there's a big update like removal of DRM? If not, you really should.

It's funny that a lot of people don't realize that but then again that means they are doing something right when their DRM is so non-intrusive and adds valuable features that people don't even realize it is DRM.[/QUOTE]

If I miss anything here let me know and I'll readdress:

1. We'll have Risen 2 up soon (read 2 weeks hopefully)
2. We don't send emails out notifying customers about chan ges to the DRM solution, mostly because the laws around what we can and can't email customers about are REALLY wonky and we follow them VERY closely.
3. We did get Risen up DRM free first...primarily because we insisted that the problem be resolved immediately before putting back on sale.

[quote name='juanjava']I think you should make packs too. Example, all Splinter Cell games available at N price.
Sometimes people want to buy an entire collection, and a 2$ discount means something. I bought Splinter Cell collection from Steam about a year ago, just because it was about 5$ cheaper than buying individually.[/QUOTE]

We've run quite a number of packs in the past. To be honest, they do OK but we've found customers just prefer to pick and choose their own "packs" when we price games a really good price point.

[quote name='LurkerLito']Looking forward to the DRM-Free sale :). But I have to ask, why is there no add to cart option for digital purchases? You can only click buy and download, one at a time.[/QUOTE]

Lol fun fact. Every time this question gets asked I add it to a document. I send this document to our software engineers every 2 weeks. It is on the dev roadmap, I promise, changing ANYTHING related to the checkout process takes time.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony, any chance of matching steam on bioshock 1 and 2? Unless you see them coming up cheaper soon.

thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gomikeoh']Hey Tony,

Was wondering if you were gonna match the bioshock steam sale. 5 bucks for each is a wicked deal...

Just wondering, thanks![/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, I was away from my computer a good bit today. I guess we missed this :(.

[quote name='ruuin']Ey Tony. You have told you are testing the games to verify they work flawlessly.

Could you please add language information for the games of this promotion? They are about 15-19 games.

If you test it , you could see what languages are available on each game.

I think this could help people to buy or not a game, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I believe this information is on the detail page for each game.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Tony, what's your favorite color?
Figured I'd throw a question in here for you that wasn't work :p[/QUOTE]

Green, unequivocally Green, thanks for asking :).

Cheers,
Tony

Since there's no way to add to cart for DD games, I'm assuming the BOGO part will come in the form of a promo code that takes 5 bucks off a game on the same list?

[quote name='Psybuster']Since there's no way to add to cart for DD games, I'm assuming the BOGO part will come in the form of a promo code that takes 5 bucks off a game on the same list?[/QUOTE]

Yep, the credit will be automatically applied to your account, so you just need to pick your second game, click buy and download, and the $5 will be deducted from the second purchase (of one of the games on sale for $4.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Sweet! Will be grabbing Far Cry 2 for my bro. Not sure yet what to get for the 2nd game.

One Ubisoft game I remember released DRM free was Prince of Persia (2008) (at least the physical retail version, not sure about Amazon's version). Perhaps it can be fittingly added to the list as well? *wink* *wink *nudge* *nudge*
Too bad Ubi never released the DLC on PC that gave the game a proper ending :(

Just about everything on that list is probably worthwhile to some degree. My personal recommendations are
HAWX - If you like Ace Combat. It's a little rough but I liked it.
CoJ:BiB - Tremendous fun western FPS. CoJ1 is pretty dang good too
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - Simply one of the greatest games ever made

Second tier recommendations are CoJ1, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 (These if you have co-op friends to talk into fighting with.), and, of course, Ass Creed

[quote name='lazalem']Tony, I missed out on the Dead Space price match. Is there any chance it would go down again?[/QUOTE]
I missed it because I didn't see it anywhere on the download page. No advertising. Only read about it on forums, and was too late for me. I think the digital download games site need more filters

[quote name='TheBomb69']Sacred Gold for $2.99 is a steal.[/QUOTE]

Good info
10.gif

My only real criticism is this... Every now and then a game will go on sale, only to go on sale again at an ever better price point soon after.

Most recent example I know of was Far Cry 2. I just bought it on 2/18 on sale for $15! Now it's essentially on sale for $2.50! I wouldn't mind if I had just bout it for full price, but I just bought it on sale and now it's on an even better sale less than a month later!

Just something to consider being careful about...

Got Far Cry 2 and GRAW 2 - thanks!

And sorry if this has been asked before but is this one offer per person or could I get another game and get more credit for that?

[quote name='JKSonic']My only real criticism is this... Every now and then a game will go on sale, only to go on sale again at an ever better price point soon after.

Most recent example I know of was Far Cry 2. I just bought it on 2/18 on sale for $15! Now it's essentially on sale for $2.50! I wouldn't mind if I had just bout it for full price, but I just bought it on sale and now it's on an even better sale less than a month later!

Just something to consider being careful about...[/QUOTE]

Just so you know - PC gaming sales have ALWAYS been like this.
Even more so true, since Steam and numerous digital distributors [Origin, GameFly, Gamersgate, GMG, Amazon, etc] all came into play.

[quote name='lazalem']Tony, I missed out on the Dead Space price match. Is there any chance it would go down again?[/QUOTE]

I'm checking into this currently.

[quote name='tominater12']Hey Tony will you get a version of Far Cry that works with 64-bit windows?[/QUOTE]

I asked a bunch of times but apparently a full build doesn't exist, only patches :(.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Sweet! Will be grabbing Far Cry 2 for my bro. Not sure yet what to get for the 2nd game.

One Ubisoft game I remember released DRM free was Prince of Persia (2008) (at least the physical retail version, not sure about Amazon's version). Perhaps it can be fittingly added to the list as well? *wink* *wink *nudge* *nudge*
Too bad Ubi never released the DLC on PC that gave the game a proper ending :([/QUOTE]

I will see if we have the DRM free build available and try to get it in this week.

[quote name='juanjava']I missed it because I didn't see it anywhere on the download page. No advertising. Only read about it on forums, and was too late for me. I think the digital download games site need more filters[/QUOTE]

We generally don't advertise price matches as they extremely costly to us as a business.

Also, I got your note about languages, I will try and get this info this week but I think it is displayed on the page for each product too.

[quote name='JKSonic']My only real criticism is this... Every now and then a game will go on sale, only to go on sale again at an ever better price point soon after.

Just something to consider being careful about...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Got AC and CoJ! Thanks![/QUOTE]

This is a function of Price Matching. I can control what we promote our products for, but not what we're price matching at. If you bought FC 2 at $15 we were probably price matching Steam or someone.

Also FYI:

Some people aren't getting their second credit if they buy 3 games because the credit is for $5 and the games are $4.99. This is an issue where our system thinks you got the promo twice because of the extra penny. I just changed the price of all the games to be $5 to avoid the issue for future purchasers, in the mean time, if you experienced the issue, give me like 30 minutes to let our CS team know about the issue, then contact CS via chat or email and let them know what happened and they'll get you sorted out.

Really sorry about the inconvenience here :(.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']Just so you know - PC gaming sales have ALWAYS been like this.
Even more so true, since Steam and numerous digital distributors [Origin, GameFly, Gamersgate, GMG, Amazon, etc] all came into play.[/QUOTE]

I'd absolutely disagree, but I've been wrong before. Been on Steam since it launched and PC gaming since 98-ish though...

I'm not sure if I was clear, it was just on sale on Amazon itself, not on Steam or D2D (now Gamefly) or someplace else. Steam rarely, if ever, puts a game on sale and then a couple weeks later puts it on sale again at a significantly lower price. I'm not talking about a launch sale of $5 off and then going on sale again later. I'm talking Far Cry 2 was just "on sale" for $15 at Amazon a couple weeks ago and now it's on sale for $5. If this was clearance or something I could understand as that's how clearance works, but it's a digital item so that doesn't apply here.

Quick question here..

Does the credit stack? Like if I buy 3 games will I get $15 credit which I could use on another game that is not listed on the current promotion?

[quote name='JKSonic']I'd absolutely disagree, but I've been wrong before. Been on Steam since it launched and PC gaming since 98-ish though...

I'm not sure if I was clear, it was just on sale on Amazon itself, not on Steam or D2D (now Gamefly) or someplace else. Steam rarely, if ever, puts a game on sale and then a couple weeks later puts it on sale again at a significantly lower price. I'm not talking about a launch sale of $5 off and then going on sale again later. I'm talking Far Cry 2 was just "on sale" for $15 at Amazon a couple weeks ago and now it's on sale for $5. If this was clearance or something I could understand as that's how clearance works, but it's a digital item so that doesn't apply here.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call 15 dollars "a sale" on that game

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Far-Cry-2-Fortunes-Download/product/B002WC80M4

Its been at 15 dollars and lower since may of 2011

This is a function of Price Matching. I can control what we promote our products for, but not what we're price matching at. If you bought FC 2 at $15 we were probably price matching Steam or someone.
I'm pretty sure nobody else had it advertised at that price before you. No offense but if Steam had it up for that first I would have bought it from them. I had figured the price was being lowered to coincide with Far Cry 3's announcement...

Either way, I'm not trying to rag on you if you didn't have control over it, just makes me a little wary to buy stuff on sale like that if it might be included in a promo a few weeks later for significantly less. I love the promos, just hate feeling burned. Like I said if I had bought it at full price or someplace else for that price I wouldn't have said anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drabelincoln
I wouldn't call 15 dollars "a sale" on that game

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Far-Cry-2...uct/B002WC80M4

Its been at 15 dollars and lower since april of of 2011.
Maybe not but I got the urge to play it after Far Cry 3 was announcing and at the time it was (and still is) 19.99 everywhere except for Amazon. On Amazon they had it promoted on the main download page and had the 19.99 crossed out for $15.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I wouldn't call 15 dollars "a sale" on that game

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Far-Cry-2-Fortunes-Download/product/B002WC80M4

Its been at 15 dollars and lower since april of of 2011.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not but I got the urge to play it after Far Cry 3 was announcing and at the time it was (and still is) 19.99 everywhere except for Amazon. On Amazon they had it promoted on the main download page and had the 19.99 crossed out for $15.

[quote name='JKSonic']I'm pretty sure nobody else had it advertised at that price before you. No offense but if Steam had it up for that first I would have bought it from them. I had figured the price was being lowered to coincide with Far Cry 3's announcement...

Either way, I'm not trying to rag on you if you didn't have control over it, just makes me a little wary to buy stuff on sale like that if it might be included in a promo a few weeks later for significantly less. I love the promos, just hate feeling burned. Like I said if I had bought it at full price or someplace else for that price I wouldn't have said anything.

Maybe not but I got the urge to play it after Far Cry 3 was announcing and at the time it was (and still is) 19.99 everywhere except for Amazon. On Amazon they had it promoted on the main download page and had the 19.99 crossed out for $15.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so now its even cheaper than it was when you bought it. Thats how things go sometimes...its been 15 dollars or less for almost a solid year.

also within that year Steam has had it for 5 dollars multiple times...

http://www.steamprices.com/us/app/19900/far-cry-2-fortunes-edition

[quote name='JKSonic']I'm pretty sure nobody else had it advertised at that price before you. No offense but if Steam had it up for that first I would have bought it from them. I had figured the price was being lowered to coincide with Far Cry 3's announcement...

Maybe not but I got the urge to play it after Far Cry 3 was announcing and at the time it was (and still is) 19.99 everywhere except for Amazon. On Amazon they had it promoted on the main download page and had the 19.99 crossed out for $15.[/QUOTE]

Couple of things to address here and comment on:

1. I just went back through the system that controls pricing and looked at the audit trail. The system scraped Gamefly (Direct2Drive for those who aren't aware of the changeover), apparently they had it on sale for $15 at one point and we matched it.

2. As for this specific issue, where customers feel burned and that they need to be wary of our planned promotions, this is something we're seeing more and more lately. As a result we're entering into a really hard series of discussions this month to decide whether or not we're going to continue our current price matching strategy across all games with major competitors. We want to be in the business of planning awesome promotions that people get excited about. Not running those promotions and then having people get upset because of a price point that causes the perception of a promotion where really price matching was taking place. I can tell you that this is the first time we've ever intentionally promoted Far Cry 2.

Thanks for the feedback, it is definitely timely and I'll be copy and pasting into to a comprehensive document we're building to help us make this decision.

Cheers,
Tony

Please don't stop the promotions and price matching just because some people complain.

If you bought it for $15 and enjoy it and a week later someone else gets it for $5 how does that hurt you? You gut a game you enjoyed and paid a fair price for it.

[quote name='Mugatu']Please don't stop the promotions and price matching just because some people complain.

If you bought it for $15 and enjoy it and a week later someone else gets it for $5 how does that hurt you? You gut a game you enjoyed and paid a fair price for it.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_l8s3h1fbw11qdv3pxo1_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back