Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']
tumblr_l8s3h1fbw11qdv3pxo1_500.png
[/QUOTE]

It needs to be at least three times bigger!

[quote name='Blade']
tumblr_l8s3h1fbw11qdv3pxo1_500.png
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mugatu']It needs to be at least three times bigger![/QUOTE]

"I think I've got the Black Lung pops" *cough* *cough*.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry to derail the hilarious zoolander references but wanted to say thanks for putting these deals together Tony. Picked up The Settlers and HAWX so far. Probably both Call of Juarez games as well before this is over.

[quote name='akmgmer']Sorry to derail the hilarious zoolander references but wanted to say thanks for putting these deals together Tony. Picked up The Settlers and HAWX so far. Probably both Call of Juarez games as well before this is over.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it :) Sorry for the OT Zoolander convo...I love Zoolaner...

I just bought a new Blitzcrank and Poppy skin in League of Legends...I'm off to play.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mugatu']Please don't stop the promotions and price matching just because some people complain.

If you bought it for $15 and enjoy it and a week later someone else gets it for $5 how does that hurt you? You gut a game you enjoyed and paid a fair price for it.[/QUOTE]

I paid $20 or so [from Amazon, during one of its Black Friday sales] not too long after Far Cry 2 (PC DVD Retail Box) came out.

Yes, I enjoyed it - but, it could've been better.
SIDE quests can get VERY repetitive.
MAIN quest stuff was pretty good, though.

And that was back when that version of the game came w/ Securom DRM w/ one-time online activation (per PC); 5 installs allowed; and revokes allowed.

[quote name='MysterD']I paid $20 or so [from Amazon, during one of its Black Friday sales] not too long after Far Cry 2 (PC DVD Retail Box) came out.

Yes, I enjoyed it - but, it could've been better.
SIDE quests can get VERY repetitive.
MAIN quest stuff was pretty good, though.

And that was back when that version of the game came w/ Securom DRM w/ one-time online activation (per PC); 5 installs allowed; and revokes allowed.[/QUOTE]

I meant nothing specifically about this game.

What I meant was complaining that someone else later on gets a better price is silly. Especially when it gets to the point of doing so over and over again until you drown out everyone else in this thread and to the point where the alternative is that it's implied that nobody else in the future ever get a better deal than you did.

EDIT: Sorry for the rant, was just sick of reading about the same thing over and over again. Prices change and we all lose out at one time or another.

[quote name='Mugatu']I meant nothing specifically about this game.

What I meant was complaining that someone else later on gets a better price is silly. Especially when it gets to the point of doing so over and over again until you drown out everyone else in this thread and to the point where the alternative is that it's implied that nobody else in the future ever get a better deal than you did.

EDIT: Sorry for the rant, was just sick of reading about the same thing over and over again. Prices change and we all lose out at one time or another.[/QUOTE]

Prices always changes - especially on the PC, these days and age; and especially w/ digital download deals and competitors battling it out all the time.

Yeah, nothing we can really do about that. We just have to live w/ it.

I've gotten so many great deals here and there from waiting - and that's normally how I play this "game shopping" game.
Every now and then, I'll drop close-to-full price or even full price on a brand-new game.

It all really boils down to, these days - did I get my money's worth and time worth w/ said game?

EDIT:
I've got so many games in my backlog I ain't even played.
Example - I could whine that I've seen RF: Guerrilla PC for $5 or less places recently, even though I bought it for $10 on Steam A LONG TIME AGO; and I still ain't even played it.
No point in that, though; I own the game and that's what matters.
I do need to get around to that game, though...

EDIT 2:
Heck, I got GRAW 2 on Retail DVD disc for like $10 or whatever a long time ago...ain't installed it or anything. :p
Namely b/c I never finished GRAW 1.
Yet, Amazon DL got GRAW 2 on the cheap, DRM-FREE. :p
See, we could go on and on about deals changing....

[quote name='TheHeretic']Quick question here..

Does the credit stack? Like if I buy 3 games will I get $15 credit which I could use on another game that is not listed on the current promotion?[/QUOTE]

Would like to bring up my question again.. TY!

Ok, so now its even cheaper than it was when you bought it. Thats how things go sometimes...its been 15 dollars or less for almost a solid year.

also within that year Steam has had it for 5 dollars multiple times...
That's fine, I'm not trying to be a douche I just wanted to bring it to his attention. And like I said, WHEN I bought it, the only place I saw it for $15 was on Amazon and it had the 19 striked out for 15 so that would lead to the logical conclusion it was on sale.

2. As for this specific issue, where customers feel burned and that they need to be wary of our planned promotions, this is something we're seeing more and more lately. As a result we're entering into a really hard series of discussions this month to decide whether or not we're going to continue our current price matching strategy across all games with major competitors. We want to be in the business of planning awesome promotions that people get excited about. Not running those promotions and then having people get upset because of a price point that causes the perception of a promotion where really price matching was taking place. I can tell you that this is the first time we've ever intentionally promoted Far Cry 2.
It would definitely say it's at least a good idea to not price match for games which you know you'll be promoting soon. Just set a certain time frame (maybe if it's going on sale withing a few weeks) and stick to it.

Like I said though, overall your promos/sales/pricing has been great. I've picked up four or five games over the past month or so!

[quote name='TheHeretic']Would like to bring up my question again.. TY![/QUOTE]

Sorry, no, the promo credit is our way of making the Promo a BOGO since we don't have a cart. So it only works on 1 of the games in the promo.

[quote name='JKSonic']That's fine, I'm not trying to be a douche I just wanted to bring it to his attention. And like I said, WHEN I bought it, the only place I saw it for $15 was on Amazon and it had the 19 striked out for 15 so that would lead to the logical conclusion it was on sale.

It was definitely say it's at least a good idea to no price match for games which you know you'll be promoting soon. Just set a certain time frame (maybe if it's going on sale withing a few weeks) and stick to it.

Like I said though, overall your promos/sales/pricing has been great. I've picked up four or five games over the past month or so![/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone thinks you're being rude. I think your viewpoint is valid and one we've seen more an more recently. Comments like yours make the conversation less grey and easier for us to have. Instead of saying "we think customers might get upset when we price match something are about to/just put on promotion so we should price match" I can use real life examples like this one :).

I'll actually probably reference this conversation in the future both here and in other places on the web if we decide to adopt this policy and not match everything all the time.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry, no, the promo credit is our way of making the Promo a BOGO since we don't have a cart. So it only works on 1 of the games in the promo.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply Tony!

That's what I thought, but I have to confirm since on the deal of the week page there's this text on the description:

"Credit must be used by April 14, 2012."

Which makes me think you could use the Credits even after the deal of the week sale is done or use the credit to purchase another game not part of the promotion this week.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I don't think anyone thinks you're being rude. I think your viewpoint is valid and one we've seen more an more recently. Comments like yours make the conversation less grey and easier for us to have. Instead of saying "we think customers might get upset when we price match something are about to/just put on promotion so we should price match" I can use real life examples like this one :).

I'll actually probably reference this conversation in the future both here and in other places on the web if we decide to adopt this policy and not match everything all the time.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The thing is, Tony - we gamers CANNOT keep up w/ the pricing changes b/c there are so many different digital distributors and so many pricing wars.
And I don't think we ever will, as long as there's so many shakers and movers - especially in the digital realm.

We take what we can...and go and move on.

If I complained about every game that got base game had NO DLC [or not many];
DLC later released [that we have to buy separately];
Re-Released Editions later [with all expansions and DLC - often called Complete Editions, Ultimate Editions, or sometimes called GOTY Editions];
DRM-FREE Editions released later;
and pricing reductions not too much longer after I bought it, I'd be writing a novel on this...
Especially given the amount of games I buy, on a regular basis...

Also, I got your note about languages, I will try and get this info this week but I think it is displayed on the page for each product too.[/QUOTE]

uh? I ain't say anything about languages. I prefer my games/movies on the original speech, and if is something different than spanish or english, I use subtitles, like the movie "letters from Iwo jima", Japanese speech and spanish subtitles, please ;)

What I was talking about was filters... by price, by discount and so on...

Price matching is a good thing and people that complain that they missed it aren't seeing the big picture. You don't get "ripped off" if a price goes down in the future after you buy a game. You buy a game when the price is right for you. Short of free, prices almost always go lower. If you wring your hands every time you realize you paid a couple more dollars for something then you aren't looking at it right - look at all the money you saved by buying smart and waiting for the demand to naturally lower the price to what you're comfortable with paying for a product.

Anyhow...

The Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC is not included with the GOTY last I checked. Since they are on sale now - buy them if you want the complete package.

Also, Tony, love the sale and the efforts for DRM-free product. Though I have most them, I did pick up Rayman 3 and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. I'm seriously contemplating the other two that I don't own in order to support what you're doing (and pick up a fun game or two for cheap ;) ) - The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold and EndWar.

You don't get "ripped off" if a price goes down in the future after you buy a game.

I think you're still missing the point. The game was on sale and not even a month later was on sale AGAIN for a lower price. I'm not complaining that the game dropped in price that happens all the time.

He already said what the problem was though, which is that they price matched it...it wasn't that they put it on sale.

[quote name='JKSonic']I think you're still missing the point. The game was on sale and not even a month later was on sale AGAIN for a lower price. I'm not complaining that the game dropped in price that happens all the time.

He already said what the problem was though, which is that they price matched it...it wasn't that they put it on sale.[/QUOTE]

It was "on sale" for a year. Its not like it was that price for a week and then they lowered it again. It was 15 dollars or less for close to a year...and now its less.

Does Amazon Civilization 5 GOTY has one cd-key or separated keys for game and dlcs? I already have base game when it was first release.

[quote name='JKSonic']I think you're still missing the point. The game was on sale and not even a month later was on sale AGAIN for a lower price. I'm not complaining that the game dropped in price that happens all the time.

He already said what the problem was though, which is that they price matched it...it wasn't that they put it on sale.[/QUOTE]
So, should those who bought Darkness 2 PC at $50 moan that 2 weeks after its release Amazon DL sold it for $25 (1/2 price)?

[shrug]

Seriously, price-flips can happen drastic and often -- especially if a game is NOT selling well.
They gotta do something, if they trying to SELL some copies of the game...

Hey Tony!

I know you are hard at work and sorry to bother you again!

I see you guys matched the civilzation 5 steam sales. You have matched all the dlc content except for one of the items.

I just bought the main game from you and trying to get all the dlcs... the one thats not matched is:

Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World combo pack. Currently on steam is 1.86, while on amazon its 3.74. Just trying to complete all the DLC for the game I just bought. Hopefully you can match it :). Thanks!

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
8. Far Cry
9. Far Cry 2
10. Call of Juarez
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
15. Rayman Raving Rabids
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Heritage of Kings: The Settler
[/QUOTE]

C'mon Tony, leave my wallet alone ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Prices changing soon :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
SO annoying that buying all the DLC is essentially the same price as just buying GOTY. That's what I get for already having bought the game and supported the developers/publishers.

Of course, that complaint is more directed at 2K and Steam. Your price-matching skills are not at all to blame, Tony.

Edit:
[quote name='hal']The Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC is not included with the GOTY last I checked. Since they are on sale now - buy them if you want the complete package.[/QUOTE]

Iiiiiiiinteresting.

So the very cheapest way to get all of the DLC would be to get the Cradle of Civilization Bundle, and then all of the other DLC a la carte, directly from Steam ($11.79).

[quote name='hal']The Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC is not included with the GOTY last I checked. Since they are on sale now - buy them if you want the complete package.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Iiiiiiiinteresting.

[quote name='mokmoof']
So the very cheapest way to get all of the DLC would be to get the Cradle of Civilization Bundle, and then all of the other DLC a la carte, directly from Steam ($11.79).[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can buy all the DLCs for $10.55 coz not only the Cradle of Civ Bundle is in pack, there are also some packs of two such as Denmark and Explorer's Combo Pack.

Tony, there's no problem with price matching. I love it. Keep it up.

Thanks for finally hitting the 75% price point on Civ 5 DLC - price match or not.

for all who will play farcry 2, I recommend not doing too many side missions, they are too repetitive and will make you get tired soon of the game. Try to stick to the main quest, the main quest is fun.

Don't stop pricematching! Sheesh. It's like the guy who's complaining hasn't bought a game with a PM to another place, then had that game go lower the next month. I mean, he's saying, "Well, you shouldn't PM for ones you're about to do a promo on soon." What is soon? A day? A week? A month? Six months? A year?

PM's are great. They benefit the customer. If you want to ignore them and just buy based on Amazon promos, you can do that. If you want to get the absolute lowest price, you get that from Amazon as a great many customers count on from Amazon.

Having one place to buy from and knowing that it IS the lowest place you can buy from at any given time, no matter what the promo, that's the great thing about Amazon and your download service. If you stop PM'ing based on a promo that's coming "soon," then suddenly we're in the place where we're not always going to you guys first (and foremost) to get our stuff.

We want to buy our stuff mostly in one place, but if you start NOT being the lowest price place, then we won't be able to just "GO Amazon." We'll actually have to look around and think. I don't want to think. I don't think most gamers want to think. Not really. We just want to be able to know that if we see a lower price from another vendor, we can yell, "Yo, Tony! GET THEM HAMSTERS BACK ON THEM HAMSTER FEETS AND TURN SOME WHEELS!"

And bam, presto change-o, everyone else who comes after gets the lowest price from Amazon, guaranteed. Always. That's what I rely on, that's what I like, and anyone who doesn't want to enjoy the lowest possible pricing at any given moment with no guarantees for the immediate future should go somewhere like Impulse/Gamestop. I think most of us are pretty used to the fact that game prices change routinely and you have to an internal measurement stick about what the game is REALLY worth to you. Later, when it drops lower, you have to be able to look back and go, "Well, I liked that game $5 worth, so I'm not sad it's now $3.75."

If the game's worth $5 to you and you paid $5, then you shouldn't be upset when it's $3.75. If the game's only worth $3.75 to you and you paid $5, then you got ripped off but not by Amazon. You ripped yourself off because you need to learn some discipline. The CAG Way is not the Way of the Impatient. The CAG Way is the way of the patient and quick-minded.

We are not Cheap Ass Gamers for buying the first time a game goes on sale; we are CAG's because we know what the cheapest deal on a given game is probably going to be. Gaming deals are hard work, but Amazon makes it just that little bit easier by being a great one-stop shopping place. I hope that never changes.

All imho.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Don't stop pricematching! Sheesh. It's like the guy who's complaining hasn't bought a game with a PM to another place, then had that game go lower the next month. I mean, he's saying, "Well, you shouldn't PM for ones you're about to do a promo on soon." What is soon? A day? A week? A month? Six months? A year?

[snip]

We are not Cheap Ass Gamers for buying the first time a game goes on sale; we are CAG's because we know what the cheapest deal on a given game is probably going to be. Gaming deals are hard work, but Amazon makes it just that little bit easier by being a great one-stop shopping place. I hope that never changes.

All imho.[/QUOTE]

THIS. I can't believe this, people are so entitled these days and will complain about everything. THANK YOU for the pricematching, the deals, and all the rest. I love shopping on Amazon because I know I'm always getting a great value and service. So what if something drops in price after you buy it? Yeah, it sucks, but that's just the way it goes. You act like an adult and deal with it.

My opinion, is that no matter what Tony's team ends up doing, someone somewhere is going to be upset, I think the number of people that actually appreciate price matching far outweigh those that dislike it for whatever (somewhat understandable) reason. That being said price matching especially digital content is somewhat of an odd business, because in the end you can just buy it from the place that originally had the deal. I know many prefer and trust Amazon over other sellers or at times Amazon has access to DRM-Free content that may not be available with other sellers. However, ultimately if there is a really great deal and Amazon doesn't price match it, I don't see why you can't just buy it from that place instead.

I personally love all the improvements made to Amazon's digital market, and assume that Amazon's share of voice in the digital gaming arena has been drastically increased because of it. I hope Amazon is giving you a nice bonus at the end of the year Tony :)

I'd like to see more games that you can activate on steam. Great prices but I like having my games in steam. Not hating on the sale though. Keep it up.

[quote name='slim gatsby']this. I can't believe this, people are so entitled these days and will complain about everything. Thank you for the pricematching, the deals, and all the rest. I love shopping on amazon because i know i'm always getting a great value and service. So what if something drops in price after you buy it? Yeah, it sucks, but that's just the way it goes. You act like an adult and deal with it.[/quote]

This 100%.

EDIT:
If Amazon DL price-matches something another place does and I'm interested in that game, good chance I'm gonna get it from Amazon Download.
Especially if the game's DRM-FREE or especially if it activates on Steam.
Honestly, I'd rather keep Amazon in business - from their Video Game Retail Box division to their Amazon Game Download service to their MP3 music download service - I like 'em and their support.
I'd rather buy games from Amazon DL over say GMG, Gamersgate, and GameStop PC App.

I agree with all this. Very ridiculous to complain about buying a game and then seeing it cheaper later. You buy something at the price you feel it is worth at the time.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I'd like to see more games that you can activate on steam. Great prices but I like having my games in steam. Not hating on the sale though. Keep it up.[/QUOTE]

That, too. No DRM is cool, but I'm a Steam junkie, haha!

awesome deal! I've wanted to play Far Cry 2 for the longest time, and I've played all other games except GRAW2 so i got my two games figured out. Being DRM free is icing on the cake!

Can anyone confirm whether the Civ 5 DLC shows up on a Mac as well when you activate the code? The base game didn't before even though it's Steamplay.

Thanks forthe price match on da dlc tony :D.

Man Civ 5 is so freaking fun. I havent been this engrossed in a game in so long, last game was probably dark souls in november...

And this games like 2 years old!

While I could have easily bought this off of Steam, I choose to support Amazon because of Tony's commitment to keeping us up to date with the deals.
:)

Has anyone purchased & successfully downloaded Assassin's Creed?

I bought both AC and Chaos Theory, but when I downloaded AC it told me that the downloaded file was corrupted. I had no problems with the CT download.

Before I try to re-download AC (another 6GB...) I'm hoping to find out if the problem is on my end or with Amazon.

[quote name='seamoss']Has anyone purchased & successfully downloaded Assassin's Creed?

I bought both AC and Chaos Theory, but when I downloaded AC it told me that the downloaded file was corrupted. I had no problems with the CT download.

Before I try to re-download AC (another 6GB...) I'm hoping to find out if the problem is on my end or with Amazon.[/QUOTE]
I had no problems downloading and installing it today. Just booted it up too with no problem.

[quote name='CheapThomas']any opinions on the two settler games? thanks![/QUOTE]

I second this as well. Hopefully someone has input, it seems like a fun game.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed by the juvenile sense of entitlement that too many have that whatever they pay for something will be the cheapest it ever gets FOREVER, otherwise they'll whine about how they got "ripped off." Since the price of games always goes down eventually, it's only a matter of how long you're willing to wait before biting at a price that's worth it to you. Sure, if you knew something would get even cheaper a few weeks later, you would've waited, but if you bought at a higher price, it was because it was worth it to buy it at that price. Period. End of discussion.

If you thought Far Cry 2 was worth $15 and bought it, why are you whining that Amazon ripped you off by selling it for $5 later? Heck, I bought Far Cry 2 for $50 at the store the day it came out and probably played it 2-3 hours. I'm not whining about not saving 90% because I didn't wait 3-1/2 years. That's life. Move on.

[quote name='kaydigi']Is Civ 5 recommended for those that never played the series before?[/QUOTE]

Definitely. It actually has gotten a fair amount of flack from longtime fans for being less complex than previous entries. I personally think it is a fantastic game, though Id love to see them put in some sort of guided, long-term campaign mode rather than it always being a game you set up and play once.

EDIT: gcorlett write a really nice post over in the Steam thread, here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9449114&postcount=398.

This discussion about Farcry 2's price made me want to look up how much I paid for it. I paid $14.99 for it on Steam on 3-26-2009. That was almost three years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back