Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are Dragon Age 2 and Saboteur worth buying or am I better off renting them for 360?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Have you guys checked the Amazon page for this game?

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Ar..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=042C2YGJFSXMEMMMQRCE

We've been at $4.99 for a while...

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You are god! Purchased! Thank you!

[quote name='Sufuma']Good to see Tony. Picked up a copy myself.
For anyone having trouble redeeming on Origin, I was able to activate it through https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do despite Origin help telling me it wouldn't register.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link! Origin was giving me an error when I tried to register it within the program itself, but that link registered it just fine to Origin.

[quote name='bshirk']Are Dragon Age 2 and Saboteur worth buying or am I better off renting them for 360?[/QUOTE]

I actually like Dragon Age 2 better on the computer. Thanks for all the great deals Tony, you've got my attention now. Before a week or two ago I had never bought a digital game on Amazon.

T-Money, is it a bit sad that I'm disappointed in myself because I only have 5 - $5 promotional credits for the January "best of 2012" sale?

I just feel like I should have done more. heh.

Got Mirror's Edge. Not sure when I was going to see another price drop for it so might as well get it now while I still have some Amazon credit to spend.

Makes it RCT3 and now ME for me off Amazon. Sorry if it's been asked (and I'm sure it has a lot), but any easy way to activate these on steam? Or do I just stick to adding it to games library on there?

T-Money! QUESTION...I was wondering if Battlefield 2 Bad Company sale including the Vietnam expansion is going to continue tomorrow?
Also do we get the email for our credit back for Crysis/DA:O today or tomorrow?
Thanks for everything!

Picked up The Saboteur. Looks cool from the vids - can't hurt to try for five bucks. Wish it activated on Steam, but c'est la vie.

is there an incentive for activating crysis on origin because i was planning to activate it on steam or is that not even possible anymore?

Attempt number two with Origin live chat. I'm also trying to get The Saboteur working since I just bought it from Amazon and it won't activate either.

Figured I'd try to get Mass Effect, purchased through Steam, working on Origin as well. I didn't know that Steam CD keys for certain EA games will register on Origin, but apparently it does work in some instances. I already have Shank, Dead Space 2, and Mass Effect 2 activated.

Live chatting now...

[quote name='exaznkid']is there an incentive for activating crysis on origin because i was planning to activate it on steam or is that not even possible anymore?[/QUOTE]

I just got off EA chat and they activated in about half an hour. From what I've heard some people got coupons...I did not :wall:

And you can't do it on Steam anymore

[quote name='Duckvader']I just got off EA chat and they activated in about half an hour. From what I've heard some people got coupons...I did not :wall:

And you can't do it on Steam anymore[/QUOTE]
ah i guess that explains it, well thanks for the quick reply sir

[quote name='Z-Saber']Attempt number two with Origin live chat. I'm also trying to get The Saboteur working since I just bought it from Amazon and it won't activate either.

Figured I'd try to get Mass Effect, purchased through Steam, working on Origin as well. I didn't know that Steam CD keys for certain EA games will register on Origin, but apparently it does work in some instances. I already have Shank, Dead Space 2, and Mass Effect 2 activated.

Live chatting now...[/QUOTE]The guy directed me to Bioware.com. It was helpful, though not in the way I was intending. I went there to register the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate DLC that I got through buying the game on Amazon. Didn't know you had to do it there.

Way too many websites and accounts for these EA and Bioware products. I think between the two, I have about five or six accounts all tied to my one account. Crazy.

[quote name='Z-Saber']The guy directed me to Bioware.com. It was helpful, though not in the way I was intending. I went there to register the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate DLC that I got through buying the game on Amazon. Didn't know you had to do it there.

Way too many websites and accounts for these EA and Bioware products. I think between the two, I have about five or six accounts all tied to my one account. Crazy.[/QUOTE]

That's why origin and ea are crap. Steam is without a doubt the best and even that is iffy in my book.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']That's why origin and ea are crap. Steam is without a doubt the best and even that is iffy in my book.[/QUOTE]I'm still "on hold" with the guy. He took forever getting back with the Bioware site, which didn't answer my question at all. It also has nothing do with The Saboteur or Crysis.

I mean, if this doesn't work, then okay. I'll still own the games and be able to play them, so no loss on my part.

I am starting to see why so many people whine about DRM, though. It really does penalize the customer versus preventing piracy. I know if I had any issues at all with activations or whatever on something I had legally purchased either through retail, Amazon, Steam, Origin, Gamersgate (etc etc etc), I'd go straight to downloading it illegally, no question.

Also want to point out I'm not threadcrapping Amazon in the least. I've had zero trouble with the things I've purchased through them over the past couple weeks, minus of course the current Origin activation ordeal which isn't at all necessary to play the games.

Okay, looks like he's activating the games after I gave him all the CD keys. However, I'm still worried. He keeps asking me about the "game" and not "games." Makes me wonder if I'll have to go through this two more times.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z-Saber']I'm still "on hold" with the guy. He took forever getting back with the Bioware site, which didn't answer my question at all. It also has nothing do with The Saboteur or Crysis.

I mean, if this doesn't work, then okay. I'll still own the games and be able to play them, so no loss on my part.

I am starting to see why so many people whine about DRM, though. It really does penalize the customer versus preventing piracy. I know if I had any issues at all with activations or whatever on something I had legally purchased either through retail, Amazon, Steam, Origin, Gamersgate (etc etc etc), I'd go straight to downloading it illegally, no question.

Also want to point out I'm not threadcrapping Amazon in the least. I've had zero trouble with the things I've purchased through them over the past couple weeks, minus of course the current Origin activation ordeal which isn't at all necessary to play the games.[/QUOTE]

It's not amazons fault at all. They do their part. It's company's like EA and Valve that push people to game on consoles instead. I never even worried about it until I realized that they can essentially steal your money and do whatever they want with your account leaving you with no recourse to rectify things. Seems easier to pirate anymore.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's not amazons fault at all. They do their part. It's company's like EA and Valve that push people to game on consoles instead. I never even worried about it until I realized that they can essentially steal your money and do whatever they want with your account leaving you with no recourse to rectify things. Seems easier to pirate anymore.[/QUOTE]Correct. Amazon has been stellar in their price matching lately and some of their sales. And I've heard from others that if anything were to happen with activations or DRM, they would make up for it and get my games working again, so I probably have nothing to worry about there. I was just making a point about activation limits and such in general. Amazon doesn't really control any of that as far as I know, so I can't say anything negative about them.

Okay, he registered The Saboteur, but said the Mass Effect and Crysis keys were invalid. He then asked where I bought them, and I told him. I made sure to mention Crysis: Maximum Edition included two game keys, and the one for Warhead activated fine.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's not amazons fault at all. They do their part. It's company's like EA and Valve that push people to game on consoles instead. I never even worried about it until I realized that they can essentially steal your money and do whatever they want with your account leaving you with no recourse to rectify things. Seems easier to pirate anymore.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Correct. Amazon has been stellar in their price matching lately and some of their sales. And I've heard from others that if anything were to happen with activations or DRM, they would make up for it and get my games working again, so I probably have nothing to worry about there. I was just making a point about activation limits and such in general. Amazon doesn't really control any of that as far as I know, so I can't say anything negative about them.

Okay, he registered The Saboteur, but said the Mass Effect and Crysis keys were invalid. He then asked where I bought them, and I told him. I made sure to mention Crysis: Maximum Edition included two game keys, and the one for Warhead activated fine.[/QUOTE]Huh. He said I should go back to Steam and Amazon and get new codes. So... what am I doing different from you guys who got them to activate Crysis?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Huh. He said I should go back to Steam and Amazon and get new codes. So... what am I doing different from you guys who got them to activate Crysis?[/QUOTE]

Nothing. That's EA for you.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Nothing. That's EA for you.[/QUOTE]Perhaps. Heck, someone mentioned getting a Steam Crysis key as well as Origin activation and an Origin coupon. I basically spent about 40 minutes to get The Saboteur to activate, which it should have done anyway without me needing to contact support.

Anyway, this is probably getting too off-topic, so I'll leave it be unless someone has any suggestions.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Will the Crysis pack and Sims Pets register on origin?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anyone answer, I activated Sims Pets with no problem on Origin. In fact I have boxed copies of all the previous Sims 3 games but had lost a couple of the cases and through chat the rep added the 2 games I was missing and gave me a 20% off Origin coupon.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Perhaps. Heck, someone mentioned getting a Steam Crysis key as well as Origin activation and an Origin coupon. I basically spent about 40 minutes to get The Saboteur to activate, which it should have done anyway without me needing to contact support.

Anyway, this is probably getting too off-topic, so I'll leave it be unless someone has any suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Keep calling until you get your way. That's my suggestion.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Huh. He said I should go back to Steam and Amazon and get new codes. So... what am I doing different from you guys who got them to activate Crysis?[/QUOTE]

I had to contact them through the website support instead of origin support on Crysis. After activating it with an ea classic account.

[quote name='Sufuma']I had to contact them through the website support instead of origin support on Crysis. After activating it with an ea classic account.[/QUOTE]
Please elaborate

[quote name='Sufuma']I had to contact them through the website support instead of origin support on Crysis. After activating it with an ea classic account.[/QUOTE]I tried activating Crysis as well as Bulletstorm (just found out through Googling that it should work on Origin) and Mass Effect through the links that have been posted a few times. None of them work.

I was actually just about to try the full-fledged EA support and see if I have better luck.

guys, I posted this a couple pages back, but i had trouble activating Crysis on my own also. All I had to do was go to chat support on the Origin client and the rep had it activated for me within 5 minutes. Be nice and patient with the rep and it should go through fine.

[quote name='CAG#200']guys, I posted this a couple pages back, but i had trouble activating Crysis on my own also. All I had to do was go to chat support on the Origin client and the rep had it activated for me within 5 minutes. Be nice and patient with the rep and it should go through fine.[/QUOTE]I did that. Twice. I was very polite and patient. It was not activated either time.

Here's hoping for some encore sales either to go live or be announced tonight. It seems a lot of people want another crack at Civ 5 and Deus Ex for the prices they ran at a week ago.

Thank you CAG! I can post now! Hallelujah!

1. Thank you Tony for all the awesome deals !!; I was gifted a $50 Amazon gift card, which at first I was bummed out about; but ever since I've been banking on these deals, it was a blessing in disguise!!!

2. I created this account many days ago so I could ask about Risen, but I see you addressed that already.

3. I know you hate getting these questions, but is it possible to have another Arcania - Gothic 4 repeat at the sub-$6 price? It's a game that rarely goes on sale and I missed it.

Thanks again T-Money! You've made Amazon my fav place to buy games; sorry STEAM :D

[quote name='Z-Saber']I did that. Twice. I was very polite and patient. It was not activated either time.[/QUOTE]

How did you go about it?

This is basically what I did:

Rep: hi, how may i help you.
me: Hi, I'm having trouble activating Crysis on Origin, code is xxxxxxxxxx. Can you help me register it?
Rep: Sure.

(5 min later he replied saying he activated it, although the key he used to activate is different, so I guess he generated another key for me.)

Hope this helps somewhat.

So is Battlefield 2 or Crysis 2 worth getting? I have a beast computer but I was just wondering. I'm low on money so I'm going to you guys to tell me which one I should get? Thanks all! =D

[quote name='Duckvader']So is Battlefield 2 or Crysis 2 worth getting? I have a beast computer but I was just wondering. I'm low on money so I'm going to you guys to tell me which one I should get? Thanks all! =D[/QUOTE]

I liked Crysis 2, if anything the SP is very pretty.

For anyone having trouble redeeming on Origin, I was able to activate it through https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do despite Origin help telling me it wouldn't register.[/QUOTE]

Activated fine for me with the alternative links. I don't know why so many of you have to go to support I havent had any issues at all with my copy of crysis max from last year on d2d or saboteur just now. The only game I couldn't activate that I have ran into is an original launch copy of spore.

[quote name='CAG#200']How did you go about it?

This is basically what I did:

Rep: hi, how may i help you.
me: Hi, I'm having trouble activating Crysis on Origin, code is xxxxxxxxxx. Can you help me register it?
Rep: Sure.

(5 min later he replied saying he activated it, although the key he used to activate is different, so I guess he generated another key for me.)

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks for the link, was having trouble activating the Saboteur, went to the link, registered, alt-tabbed back to Origin, and boom, there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back