Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homefront was $7.50 all day yesterday at D2D. I'm pretty sure it's getting ready to change over.

Matching prices is great, but it's a bit chaotic in that the price must first be reported, then Amazon must react, then X number of keys are available (apparently) at that price, meaning you may or may not get the deal. That Homefront deal was up and down for a couple of hours yesterday and then that was it.

I'd like to use the credit I have, but it's been somewhat of a challenge to keep up with the constantly changing prices.

[quote name='Psybuster']What's this about spending promo credit on toilet paper? D:[/QUOTE]

I literally had a $10 promo credit tied to my account from Amazon to be used on my next purchase. They did this instead of giving me actual gift credit for a game that I traded in to them. Thus, if I used my $10 coupon on homefront yesterday, it would have wiped out the entire credit (and my coupon would have gone away as well) ($2.50 credit/$5 coupon)

I ended up buying toilet paper (Charmin Ultra Strong ftw) with the $10 promotional credit instead, then passing on homefront, keeping my coupon in tact.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Any sale on Anno would be nice :)[/QUOTE]

And then I check the price today.. and it is on sale (Anno 2070)... $37.49.. good start :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I think there really needs to be a FAQ / wiki post for this thread, but then I realize most of the people asking the same questions over and over would ignore said post. :p

Surprised this thread as not run Tony off. The constant nagging for price drops. I too would hope they match sites with lower prices but some are going overboard. We have to have a little patience also.

I think today would be a good day to put Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition on sale for PC digital download version because Amazon is having a sale on the XBOX 360 and PS3 version of SSF4: AE for $19.99.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Is Risen or Drakensang or Divinity II going to be on sale?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiitng for Gamersgate to put Drakensang: Complete on sale, since I'm missing Drakensang: River of Time and Philleason's Secret DLC.
[I already own Darkensang: The Dark Eye from D2D.]

Unfortunately, Amazon PC Download does NOT carry Philleason's Secret DLC, for some reason...or I would've bought ROT from them, back when they put it on sale dirt-cheap a few months back.

[quote name='wolve']Sometimes I think there really needs to be a FAQ / wiki post for this thread, but then I realize most of the people asking the same questions over and over would ignore said post. :p[/QUOTE]

This.

The thread would probably only be have as big without those (annoying) repeating questions.

What I would love to see, would require some sort of change with the forum software. If any thread was marked as a wiki thread, there would be a link at the top of each page to take you to the wiki so you could see all of the information in there.

That would be the ideal situation for any of these threads. As it is we get 3 people asking every day if games can be activated on Steam and wonder if they're going to pricematch places that they have already said that they won't.

[quote name='lidl']This.

The thread would probably only be have as big without those (annoying) repeating questions.[/QUOTE]
Does your post activate on Steam? :p

[quote name='mtxbass1']I literally had a $10 promo credit tied to my account from Amazon to be used on my next purchase. They did this instead of giving me actual gift credit for a game that I traded in to them. Thus, if I used my $10 coupon on homefront yesterday, it would have wiped out the entire credit (and my coupon would have gone away as well) ($2.50 credit/$5 coupon)

I ended up buying toilet paper (Charmin Ultra Strong ftw) with the $10 promotional credit instead, then passing on homefront, keeping my coupon in tact.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they have changed this but in the past, promotional credit remaining balance would always stick in your account and you could use them on the next purchase.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of response to some of your questions, great discussion by the way. I've been ill the past couple of days so I'll be responding to everything tomorrow, didn't want you to think I was ignoring you though, just want you to have my full attention.

Talk to you guys soon, have a killer weekend!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of response to some of your questions, great discussion by the way. I've been ill the past couple of days so I'll be responding to everything tomorrow, didn't want you to think I was ignoring you though, just want you to have my full attention.

Talk to you guys soon, have a killer weekend!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Get well soon dood!

Just to further the Origin chat conversation, not that it was taking place, but anyway....

I contacted their webchat today to activate a code for an old copy of Need for Speed Carbon that I had from a Circuit City sale forever ago. They activated it and added it to my account without any issues.

Sorry that others have had troubles with them, they've been great to me.

Oh, and get well soon Tony. Building that Dora thing for your niece must have taken alot out of you.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm not sure if they have changed this but in the past, promotional credit remaining balance would always stick in your account and you could use them on the next purchase.[/QUOTE]

How far back in the past? No big deal as I got a great deal on tp, but it would be good to know for the future.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm not sure if they have changed this but in the past, promotional credit remaining balance would always stick in your account and you could use them on the next purchase.[/QUOTE]

Actually I had promotional credit money left over from one of my purchases and it was applied to a following buy. Noticed that the other day.

[quote name='pROvIs']I contacted origin support and no it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

That probably also explains why Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 won't activate on Steam, while Left 4 Dead 2 and Portal 2 won't activate on Origin. :p
Checked my Origin inventory - and my 10 pieces of coal are gone. :p

[quote name='Qwertykeys']Does L.A. Noire activate on steam?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

We almost made it a day without someone asking a Steam or Origin Activation question. So close....

Holy shit, I've been following this thread everyday but just haven't posted in it at all. Will people stop asking if deals are going to go back up every 3 fucking seconds? Every 2 - 3 pages "Hey is Risen going back up? Hey is Drakensang going back up? Hey is Homefront going back up?" I think T-Money has made it perfectly clear that he'll update the damn thread when certain things go up. /rant

Thanks again T-Money for being part of the community, you have far more patience with some of these neckbeards than I ever could dream of having. Looking forward to next weeks deal.

DOES IT ACTIVATE ON STEAM !??!?!?!11/1?!??!/1

[quote name='Maynard']Holy shit, I've been following this thread everyday but just haven't posted in it at all. Will people stop asking if deals are going to go back up every 3 fucking seconds? Every 2 - 3 pages "Hey is Risen going back up? Hey is Drakensang going back up? Hey is Homefront going back up?" I think T-Money has made it perfectly clear that he'll update the damn thread when certain things go up. /rant

Thanks again T-Money for being part of the community, you have far more patience with some of these neckbeards than I ever could dream of having. Looking forward to next weeks deal.

DOES IT ACTIVATE ON STEAM !??!?!?!11/1?!??!/1[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, these deals go quick. Therefore all these questions are going to be asked.

It's inevitable.

But I do understand where you're coming from.

[quote name='Maynard']Holy shit, I've been following this thread everyday but just haven't posted in it at all. Will people stop asking if deals are going to go back up every 3 fucking seconds? Every 2 - 3 pages "Hey is Risen going back up? Hey is Drakensang going back up? Hey is Homefront going back up?" I think T-Money has made it perfectly clear that he'll update the damn thread when certain things go up. /rant

DOES IT ACTIVATE ON STEAM !??!?!?!11/1?!??!/1[/QUOTE]

Personally I find ranting/flaming more annoying in a forum than stupid questions. At least the questions are "on topic".

Well... Since Amazon took Risen off their site because of activation issues, it's valid to ask when it is coming back since it was hinted sometime in the near future.

[quote name='Luxuria']Is Civ 5 any good? Been looking for a game to use my coupon on. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I have played every Civilization game, and V is my favorite. I have over 200 hours clocked on that game. Definitely a good use of your coupon.

Tony,

I ordered Mount and Blade Warband yesterday but didn't receive the email for the additional discount on King Arthur II.

Any idea how long it will take before I get the code? Just want to make sure I get it before the game is released. :)

BTW - hope you get to feeling better!

Thanks

[quote name='Maynard']Holy shit, I've been following this thread everyday but just haven't posted in it at all. Will people stop asking if deals are going to go back up every 3 fucking seconds? Every 2 - 3 pages "Hey is Risen going back up? Hey is Drakensang going back up? Hey is Homefront going back up?" I think T-Money has made it perfectly clear that he'll update the damn thread when certain things go up. [/QUOTE]
Well, here's the problem. Some of these deals have lasted mere hours or have gone down and then suddenly come back up again. Most people don't have time to sit in front of their computer hitting refresh all day and asking if a deal is coming back up is a perfectly reasonable question.

Now, asking multiple times before he's had a chance to respond is annoying, I'll grant you that.

I'm sure this has been asked before but how do i get that $5 coupon? Was it sent in the mail? Anyone know what the mail was titled so i can search my gmail for it?

[quote name='abhinav']I'm sure this has been asked before but how do i get that $5 coupon? Was it sent in the mail? Anyone know what the mail was titled so i can search my gmail for it?[/QUOTE]

It was sent in the mail upon making a qualifying purchase. The subject is "Your Amazon.com Promotional Code".

[quote name='abhinav']I'm sure this has been asked before but how do i get that $5 coupon? Was it sent in the mail? Anyone know what the mail was titled so i can search my gmail for it?[/QUOTE]

you had to purchase select games in nov and dec...it was emailed to you. Email subject is like promotional code or some shit

[quote name='hal']Well, here's the problem. Some of these deals have lasted mere hours or have gone down and then suddenly come back up again. Most people don't have time to sit in front of their computer hitting refresh all day and asking if a deal is coming back up is a perfectly reasonable question.

Now, asking multiple times before he's had a chance to respond is annoying, I'll grant you that.[/QUOTE]

So what? That's your problem. If you miss a deal, SO WHAT? I've missed countless deals on this site over the years and that doesn't give me the entitlement or justification to continuously spam this thread asking when a deal that I missed will be back up. If you miss something, move on.

[quote name='mtxbass1']So what? That's your problem. If you miss a deal, SO WHAT? I've missed countless deals on this site over the years and that doesn't give me the entitlement or justification to continuously spam this thread asking when a deal that I missed will be back up. If you miss something, move on.[/QUOTE]

Some of the sales HAVE come back in stock, Shogun 2 being one example, so it is not completely unreasonably to ask that question in this thread.

Besides, what's more annoying and irrelevant? Seeing the thread updated and it only being someone asking a question that YOU know the answer to, or it being someone complaining about someone asking a question? If someone's question annoys you, SO WHAT? Forget about it and move on.

That said, I just did the same thing...dammit. ;)

[quote name='mtxbass1']So what? That's your problem. If you miss a deal, SO WHAT? I've missed countless deals on this site over the years and that doesn't give me the entitlement or justification to continuously spam this thread asking when a deal that I missed will be back up. If you miss something, move on.[/QUOTE]

Asking if a deal that lasted for hours or has been up and down during the day is going to come back sometime later that day is not spamming a thread - and that's all I'm talking about. Sure, page after page of asking the same questions is silly. We're (hopefully) talking about two different things here.

One of the reasons we're seeing that is many of these sales have not had clearly established starting and stopping points. The games listed as being eligible for credit redemption have fluctuated in price like a flag in a breeze. Some of that is due to the nature of price-matching, but some of it has just been mysterious from the consumer end.

Besides that, on some level at least, I'm sure Amazon likes the feedback of seeing what sales people are interested in - whether or not it is acted upon. That makes this thread a little different from others I've seen.

So, in my opinion at least, I'm wondering what gives you the sense of entitlement or justification in criticizing people for wanting clarification on games, times, and prices? There's no need to be so confrontational. We can all benefit from the information and maybe we should let the moderators take care of keeping redundant questions in check.

[quote name='enforcer2003']Before anyone asks, Civ5 requires and activates on Steam ;)[/QUOTE]

Darn, I was hoping it would activate on Beamdog. ;)

Civ V for $4 bucks? I smell a lot of gaming bang for my buck on that one...

Great deal - I'm definitely in - thanks T-Money! Now if Dead Island would only go back on sale I could use my last $5 coupon...*hint hint*

[quote name='mtxbass1'] If you miss a deal, SO WHAT? I've missed countless deals on this site over the years and that doesn't give me the entitlement or justification to continuously spam this thread asking when a deal that I missed will be back up. If you miss something, move on.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, know what?

I'm not a fan of having a contest who can miss the most sales, I think that's a horrible contest. Quite possibly the worst contest possible.

So you can hold that record if you like but I'm going to see how many sales I DON'T miss

Point is, let's try to not wear out our welcome with T-Money to the point where he becomes LESS involved with the community because the community is being self entitled does this activate on Steam can you discount this game cause I want it NOW gamers. It is clearly obvious that the deals are going to slow down and the Christmas craziness is over. Chill out, let the man relax and patience is a virtue.

[quote name='Maynard']Point is, let's try to not wear out our welcome with T-Money to the point where he becomes LESS involved with the community because the community is being self entitled does this activate on Steam can you discount this game cause I want it NOW gamers. It is clearly obvious that the deals are going to slow down and the Christmas craziness is over. Chill out, let the man relax and patience is a virtue.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

On a different note, you kinda started about a page worth of worthless bs that is the last page or so. ;)

No hate intended, but it's pretty funny to me (having done something like this before, lesson learned).

I think most of us who frequent the thread have come to accept that the sales are a bit unpredictable other than the weekly sale and that things can sell out. I tend to agree with the "if you miss a deal you missed it, so what" mentality. If you even just browse a few pages you'll see that some deals have gone back in stock but it's been completely random when they go back in stock and if Tony has even the slightest clue as to something being back in stock he usually posts to let us know. So on that end it's annoying to see the same questions over and over.

The constant game begging is pretty annoying too. Especially when a game like Dead Island was on sale for 12.99 for an ENTIRE day just a few weeks ago and especially when people want the same games that were on sale during the Christmas sales for less than that sale.

I think it's cool an amazon rep has come to the forum and become involved in hearing our input. At the same time, the more people beg for ridiculous deals or ask the same thing over and over the less I see them keeping it up.

Just my 2 cents.

On a non rant note, if I purchase one of these games for someone else (on my account) I should be able to just give them the key so they can activate on their steam account? (Civilization that is) All my coupons are tied to my account at this point.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
On a non rant note, if I purchase one of these games for someone else (on my account) I should be able to just give them the key so they can activate on their steam account? (Civilization that is) All my coupons are tied to my account at this point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I traded a copy of Shogun 2 that I bought on Amazon last week just by giving the person the key - no problem.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
On a non rant note, if I purchase one of these games for someone else (on my account) I should be able to just give them the key so they can activate on their steam account? (Civilization that is) All my coupons are tied to my account at this point.[/QUOTE]

I think only Civ 5 can be redeemed at Steam and not Civ 4, please correct me if I'm wrong.

On activating it on Steam, just give them the key and that's it.

The Amazon rep is a big boy.. and he can skip messages he doesnt care about or not respond to them. His job is to sell games for Amazon, and he seems to enjoy what he does. If people want to make requests, all the power to them. In my job, I get asked stupid questions and deal with begging all day long.. Its ok because I chose the job and its what I get paid to do. I'm sure the rep is not put out by any of these posts. You all can quit pretending there is drama here just because you are sick personally of reading something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back