Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']On a non rant note, if I purchase one of these games for someone else (on my account) I should be able to just give them the key so they can activate on their steam account? (Civilization that is) All my coupons are tied to my account at this point.[/QUOTE]
Seconding what admurray2 said...

Yeah, works like a charm. I accidentally bought two of something a while back and was able to give one to someone else to activate on Steam. Mind you, I can still view the Steam key in my Amazon account, but seeing as it's tied to theirs in Steam it's now rendered useless to anyone besides that person - so no worries in that regard.

[quote name='admurray2']Yeah, I traded a copy of Shogun 2 that I bought on Amazon last week just by giving the person the key - no problem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DropZite']I think only Civ 5 can be redeemed at Steam and not Civ 4, please correct me if I'm wrong.

On activating it on Steam, just give them the key and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and I don't think Civ 4 is steam redeemable, it's not on the list.

[quote name='Maynard']Point is, let's try to not wear out our welcome with T-Money to the point where he becomes LESS involved with the community because the community is being self entitled does this activate on Steam can you discount this game cause I want it NOW gamers. It is clearly obvious that the deals are going to slow down and the Christmas craziness is over. Chill out, let the man relax and patience is a virtue.[/QUOTE]

Very well said

I have a request from Tony and technical staff at Amazon. Can you please provide a better downloader for games ? There are 2 downloaders, one of them is the normal downloader that downloads a small file for eatch game but it doesn't show transfer rate or the remaining time, the other one has all these info but it will only download the last purchase in the library !

How are Beyond the Sword and Colonization for Civ IV? I have a disc-based copy of Civ IV Gold but it only comes with Warlords. Not sure if it's worth it just for those two expansions (and the ability to not use a disc), especially with Civ V that I've barely touched so far.

[quote name='r9800pro']Very well said

I have a request from Tony and technical staff at Amazon. Can you please provide a better downloader for games ? There are 2 downloaders, one of them is the normal downloader that downloads a small file for eatch game but it doesn't show transfer rate or the remaining time, the other one has all these info but it will only download the last purchase in the library ![/QUOTE]

I've had no problem using the second downloader on all my games, no matter what order I purchased them. It shows transfer rate, time remaining, data remaining, data downloaded.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']The Amazon rep is a big boy.. and he can skip messages he doesnt care about or not respond to them. His job is to sell games for Amazon, and he seems to enjoy what he does. If people want to make requests, all the power to them. In my job, I get asked stupid questions and deal with begging all day long.. Its ok because I chose the job and its what I get paid to do. I'm sure the rep is not put out by any of these posts. You all can quit pretending there is drama here just because you are sick personally of reading something.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I've had no problem using the second downloader on all my games, no matter what order I purchased them. It shows transfer rate, time remaining, data remaining, data downloaded.[/QUOTE]

How do you use it ? after installation it starts downloading the last purchase and if I run it from start menu, it will run in the taskbar and does nothing !

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
On a non rant note, if I purchase one of these games for someone else (on my account) I should be able to just give them the key so they can activate on their steam account? (Civilization that is) All my coupons are tied to my account at this point.[/QUOTE]

I can share my experience with this. Last summer I bought Civ 5 on Amazon for my own account. Then a couple months ago, I wanted to "gift" another copy of the game to my buddy. I couldn't figure out anyway to buy another copy on the same account and so I had to buy it from somewhere else. Maybe I was doing it wrong or it has been fixed, but thats been my only issue with trying to gift a key from Amazon.

[quote name='r9800pro']How do you use it ? after installation it starts downloading the last purchase and if I run it from start menu, it will run in the taskbar and does nothing ![/QUOTE]

You can go to your account and/or "your digital items" and it should have a list of all the games you have purchased and you should be able to DL first a small file then when you double click that small file it should open and run amazon's downloader and DL the game.

[quote name='mkaliaz']I can share my experience with this. Last summer I bought Civ 5 on Amazon for my own account. Then a couple months ago, I wanted to "gift" another copy of the game to my buddy. I couldn't figure out anyway to get a 2nd copy to appear on my Amazon account and had to buy it from somewhere else. It wouldn't let me buy another copy. Maybe I was doing it wrong or it has been fixed, but thats been my only issue with trying to gift a key from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I shouldn't have that problem since I don't want to play the game myself, but have a buddy who likes it and has no coupons.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but does anyone know if you can download XBL or PSN digital downloads or dlc from Amazon? I apparently have $10 in credit for game software and I really would like to use it on Gears 3's Raam's Shadow.

Anyone know?

[quote name='Lt Dan']Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but does anyone know if you can download XBL or PSN digital downloads or dlc from Amazon? I apparently have $10 in credit for game software and I really would like to use it on Gears 3's Raam's Shadow.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]
For fucks sake.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You can go to your account and/or "your digital items" and it should have a list of all the games you have purchased and you should be able to DL first a small file then when you double click that small file it should open and run amazon's downloader and DL the game.
[/QUOTE]

I know that, but that downloader does not show any info

Just cut it out with the bitching and whining, it's getting annoying now. Posts complaining about stupid posts are just cluttering up the thread, and in the end the stupid questions and posts remain. Nothing at all is accomplished by these posts, so just cut it out and shake your head. No need for a pointless posts complaining about them...

[quote name='r9800pro']I know that, but that downloader does not show any info[/QUOTE]

When I use it the downloader shows all that information. DL speed, time remaining, size, etc. If yours doesn't it might be something wrong with your computer or connection?

[quote name='atreyuevr']Just cut it out with the bitching and whining, it's getting annoying now. Posts complaining about stupid posts are just cluttering up the thread, and in the end the stupid questions and posts remain. Nothing at all is accomplished by these posts, so just cut it out and shake your head. No need for a pointless posts complaining about them...[/QUOTE]

You should lead by example.

[quote name='wmclark']Dang, I only had 1 coupon. I'd love to get Civ V, anyone have an extra code?[/QUOTE]

Sure. Got anything to trade?

[quote name='tominater12']Sure. Got anything to trade?[/QUOTE]

I can offer you valve -50% coupons, for 1 code.

[quote name='MrWhitey']I can offer you valve -50% coupons, for 1 code.[/QUOTE]

i wish i could give away valve coupons, lol - i have all the valve games and at least 4 pages of valve coupons

[quote name='kingtopher']How are Beyond the Sword and Colonization for Civ IV? I have a disc-based copy of Civ IV Gold but it only comes with Warlords. Not sure if it's worth it just for those two expansions (and the ability to not use a disc), especially with Civ V that I've barely touched so far.[/QUOTE]

Beyond the Sword is, for all intents and purposes, the ultimate edition of Civ 4. Think of it as Civ 4.5.

It brings a lot of new gameplay that the base game didn't have. Warlords added armies, generals and a bunch of scenarios, but didn't really notably change the game. BtS is a big leap over base Civ 4.

If you like Civ 4, then odds are good you will like BtS. I found that it made big games even bigger, and although I enjoyed it in an abstract way, it didn't mesh with my adult life where I have less time for video games than I did years ago. But it's good, yes.

Colonization is a different game, built with the Civ 4 engine. Think of it as a super-mod. It's actually a rewrite of a game that was originally released in 1994, between Civ 1 and Civ 2, also by Sid Meier and Microprose. It bears resemblance to Civilization, but the game's mechanics are completely different - you're a colony in the new world, eventually establishing an economic and military presence and declaring independence from Europe. It's a bit more technocratic than Civ - less exploration, more economic micromanagement. But it's fun, in its own way.

Hmm, I'm on my last coupon. Tempted on Civ V, but also tempted to hold off and wait for something else I want more.

EDIT: Bit, bird in hand etc.

I really wish I could get Civ4 to register on Steam. If anyone wants a 5$ coupon, PM me with an offer (they are for trade, not giveaway). I've got a couple of em. I'd rather have my Civ4 on steam. I hope this isn't taboo, if so i'll delete.

I'll trade Civ4 complete/SimCity4 on steam for coupon code. :) (That doesn't make any sense)

lol, i've got either 4 or 5 promotional codes, not sure that i will be using them, as the good sales seem to happen while i am asleep :(

does anyone happen to have an extra coupon for amazon they don't plan on using? I'de really like to get civ 5 since i've never played a civ game before but at this price i'de like to try and dive into it.

If not its ok. $8 is a good price and i'll probably get it later but just wanted to ask first.

Thanks!

wow after reading the reviews for civ 5, should I get civ 4 instead? I've never played any and want the best with at least decent graphics so not 1 or 2.

[quote name='sleepy180']does anyone happen to have an extra coupon for amazon they don't plan on using? I'de really like to get civ 5 since i've never played a civ game before but at this price i'de like to try and dive into it.

If not its ok. $8 is a good price and i'll probably get it later but just wanted to ask first.

Thanks!

wow after reading the reviews for civ 5, should I get civ 4 instead? I've never played any and want the best with at least decent graphics so not 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]The crowds of Civilization fans are passionate about both games. I happen to prefer Civ 5 over IV, but I know friends that have been playing forever that think I'm crazy. Civ IV is very involved down to the nitty gritty of economy and such. Civ 5, while similar, is less complicated and focuses on the fun aspects of the Civilization games. Personally I would suggest both, they are both great games in their own right and at this price a steal. You wouldn't be wasting your $5 coupon at all.

[quote name='sleepy180']does anyone happen to have an extra coupon for amazon they don't plan on using? I'de really like to get civ 5 since i've never played a civ game before but at this price i'de like to try and dive into it.

Thanks!

wow after reading the reviews for civ 5, should I get civ 4 instead? I've never played any and want the best with at least decent graphics so not 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

If you have never played Civ before, start with 5. It will still be overwhelming.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']If you have never played Civ before, start with 5. It will still be overwhelming.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Civ 5 manages to be the most user friendly of the series, without (in my opinion) losing too much of what essentially makes it Civ. It removed a lot of the micromanaging and needlessly complicated aspects from previous games that tended to get tedious. The biggest flaw I have with it is that they oversimplified the tech tree, but overall I think it was a massive improvement.

if you haven't gotten deep into the civ series, V is way better than IV. the only reason people slam on V is that it isn't the exact same game as IV, with prettier pictures. Some gamers refuse to let go of games they love and needlessly slam a sequel simply because it isn't the same.

If you aren't tethered to civ IV then civ V is prettier, and more fun.

[quote name='MysterD']What is the DRM on Civ 4: Complete?
Is it Securom? Something else?
Or NO DRM at all?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is DRM free, I'm looking at it in my games and software library, no key = no DRM :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I believe it is DRM free, I'm looking at it in my games and software library, no key = no DRM :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.
Good to know! :D

Hey Tony - any chance of a discount on the Civilization V DLC that Amazon stocks, to match the great deal on the base game?

Thanks for a great deal.

Tony feeling any better dude?

Also 2nd the thought on maybe a future civ 5 dlc sale if you are looking into public interest. Still a freakin crazy civ 4/5 deal you guys are running.

We need to get "T-Money" to be the #1 trending topic worldwide one day for the lolz.

[quote name='shivan128']In for Civ 5!! This is a great deal with the $5 coupon![/QUOTE]

You kidding? It's a great deal *without* the $5 code. I bought the game at launch for $50 and do not regret.

Yes, it is region locked. (i'm sad about that)(not the goty edition ,but that is not in sale)

@Amazon DVG Deals, Tony I want to thank the great deals for Christmas and great customer support.
Really, you're the best of the holidays this year :)

Cheers to all.

Civilization V questions! I want to buy this for a birthday present for my friend who owns a Mac mini.

1) Is the Steam key registerable on his system via Steam for Mac?
2) Would the game even run on a Mac mini? Sorry, I am not well versed in anything Apple beyond my iPad :(

Thanks, fellow CAGs! I hope it does work because I remember him loving CivII on his Apple computer back in college.

EDIT: Did some research a moment ago and this game is listed as having Steamplay for PC and Mac, so that's good. Unfortunately, a Mac mini won't run the game very well at all, so that's not good :(

Hey there everyone, sorry for the super delayed response here, I'm just recovering from what I think was the worst cold/flu I've ever had, thanks to those who asked how I was doing and wished me well, apologies again to those who had/have questions that I've missed.

There are about 3-4 pages of posts that went on before I had a chance to consolidate and address questions. So please either ask again or PM me with any questions/issues that I missed.

First and foremost:

1. Did everyone who had issues getting Crysis to activate on Origin find resolution? If not, please PM me.

2. Did everyone who had an issue with their Dragon Age Ultimate Keys find resolution? If not, please PM me.

3. I did accomplish a couple of things of note this weekend:

• I set up my new gaming rig
  • I installed Civ V, Dungeon Defenders, Trine 2, Space Marine, and some other games I'm excited to play.
  • I joined the CAG Steam group (Tvac897). Feel free to look me up, and if you see me in game, drop me a line and I'll play with you.
On to your questions.

[quote name='gcorlett']Hey Tony - any chance of a discount on the Civilization V DLC that Amazon stocks, to match the great deal on the base game?

Thanks for a great deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Tony feeling any better dude?

Also 2nd the thought on maybe a future civ 5 dlc sale if you are looking into public interest. Still a freakin crazy civ 4/5 deal you guys are running.

We need to get "T-Money" to be the #1 trending topic worldwide one day for the lolz.[/QUOTE]

Definitely still interested in your input :) I've added "Civ V DLC" to the long...long list of sales we discuss weekly in our meetings :).

[quote name='kwirl']lol, i've got either 4 or 5 promotional codes, not sure that i will be using them, as the good sales seem to happen while i am asleep :([/QUOTE]

Sorry you keep missing out on the deals, Civ IV and V are on sale all week, so you shouldn't miss out there, and our next couple Deals of the Week should be pretty killer...and last all week :).

[quote name='r9800pro']Very well said

I have a request from Tony and technical staff at Amazon. Can you please provide a better downloader for games ? There are 2 downloaders, one of them is the normal downloader that downloads a small file for eatch game but it doesn't show transfer rate or the remaining time, the other one has all these info but it will only download the last purchase in the library ![/QUOTE]

Do me a favor and send me a PM, I'd like to get your feedback directly and pass it along.

[quote name='jkimrey']Tony,

I ordered Mount and Blade Warband yesterday but didn't receive the email for the additional discount on King Arthur II.

Any idea how long it will take before I get the code? Just want to make sure I get it before the game is released. :)

BTW - hope you get to feeling better!

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! Did you get your code yet? If not please let me know so I can run down a fix for you.

[quote name='Freedom Fries']Is Risen or Drakensang or Divinity II going to be on sale?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Get well soon dood![/QUOTE]

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']It would be great to see a return of Game of Thrones: Genesis (not the greatest game, but for $10ish, would be decent) and Sonic Generations for $10.19 again.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you Genesis is in the works, not sure on Sonic yet though, nothing to announce there.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']This is an awesome deal, Tony. Thanks, and hope you're feeling better soon![/QUOTE]

Thanks man you rock!

I think that covers all addressable questions/concerns. If I missed something, again, please feel free to reach out!

Cheers,
T-Money

I grabbed Civ V for $4, because why not? I won't have time to play it any time soon though., I think I'm going to wait and hold my last coupon for the Sims Medieval. Hopefully it goes on sale.

Tony, is there any way to gift a PCDD purchase? I already own Civ 5, but I'd like to purchase it for a friend.

The only solution I can think of is buying it, and sending them the steam key. It'd be nice if it was a little more official, but I'll take what I can get.

would anyone have an extra $5 amazon code they don't want and would be willing to spare? I hate to panhandle, but i really love civ 5 but only have a few dollars in amazon credit.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I installed Civ V, Dungeon Defenders, Trine 2, Space Marine, and some other games I'm [/QUOTE]

Great games! There goes your spare time! :D

Dungeon Defenders is a huge time-sink. I've had a blast with it so far both in multiplayer and singleplayer games. Be aware though that heroes are tracked separately and achievements can only be earned when logged into TrendyNet via Ranked Servers. I played a ton offline and basically had to start over when I went online to play.

Are the cdkeys for Civ 5 region locked (Steam)? I'm in Europe now. Previous games that I bought there, weren't (DS3, DNF etc.). But Mafia 2 was for example, I've read somewhere that the same case is with Civ 5, true or not? I don't want to use VPN again to activate it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back