Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

Deal of the Week 3/11-3/17:

18 Ubisoft Games now DRM FREE for $4.99 + Buy one get one free ($2.49 effective price per game). NOTE: You will get a code for each of these games, this is used to access the multiplayer servers but there is no DRM software associated with these games.

1. Assassin's Creed Director's Cut -
[FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
2. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas -
3. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 -
4. Tom Clancy's HAWX
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
5. Tom Clancy's Endwar
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"]- [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
6. Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - English
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 -
8. Far Cry - English
9. Far Cry 2 -
10. Call of Juarez - English, French, Spanish
11. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood -
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
12. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
13. The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition - English, French, Spanish
14. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-Rainbow-Vegas-Download/dp/B002WC80LK/"] - [/URL][FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]
15. Rayman Raving Rabids - English, French, Spanish
16. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent -
17. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
18. Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - English
19. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- [FONT=&quot]English, French, Italian, German, Spanish[/FONT]

Deal of the Week 3/4-3/10:

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga- $5.99 - NOW DRM FREE
A Game of Thrones: Genesis - $9.99
Cities XL 2012 - $9.99

FYI for those of you who missed Payday at $4.99 you can still snag a copy on the cheap for $7.49. Link

[FONT=&quot]Other Great Deals:

Darksiders II - $44.99 - will activate on Steam, comes with Amazon Exclusive item (details on page)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $50.99 - 15% off - House of Valor included
[/FONT]

Shank 2 -$8.99 - 10% off

[FONT=&quot]Syndicate - $53.99 – 10% off[/FONT]

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action -$33.95 - 15% off

Pre-Orders for at Least 10% off:

Warp -$8.99 - 10% off
Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai -$26.99 - 10% off [FONT=&quot]
Rayman Origins - $29.99 - Get Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc for free when you pre-order.
[/FONT]

From Electronic Arts:

Games that activate on Origin

Per MysterD's suggestion:

Here's the Steam Key Activation Page List.

NOTE: This list is incomplete so if you're unsure you still want to ask in the thread.

I'll be posting this a few times in this thread. I also post this regularly whenever people ask about activation limits with Amazon Game Downloads:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200205020_times?nodeId=200205020&#times

How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times for personal use. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library through the "Your Digital Items" link at the top of the screen and click the download button.
Can I download and install to multiple computers?

For video games: Each game manufacturer has a different policy on how many installations are allowed with each product key. If you run out of installations for the product key you originally purchased from Amazon, please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide you with another key at no additional charge. You can install an unlimited number of times for personal use, however additional copies of the game for friends or family must be purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']I believe it requires Origin, thus you will need to use the code and cannot install then pass the code along. You really didn't think EA would allow that old trick did you?

See here for earlier CAG discussion about Gatling Gears and Origin:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302670

Apparently, even the Steam version requires Origin :p

*ETA: I think I may have misinterpreted here. If you were asking if you could buy a two pack and then just email a key to a friend that they could register on Origin then yes, it appears so.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, nono, I certainly meant buying a copy specifically for my friend. I personally got the game a long time ago through a trade for some Origin games, so I was wanting to grab a second copy for a friend I play co-op with a lot.

Thanks for the link though! Seeing that even the Steam version requires Origin, I think it is safe to say the Amazon one will too, which means it should be easy to gift the game to him by just emailing him the key. :D

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Search Thread: "borderlands steam"

receive answer.[/QUOTE]

Did not receive answer.

I believe certain versions work, Amazon version is one of them. Basic Borderlands probably wouldn't activate on Steam. Other DD stores might (or might not) work as well. Weird.

[quote name='CheapSteam']Did not receive answer.

I believe certain versions work, Amazon version is one of them. Basic Borderlands probably wouldn't activate on Steam. Other DD stores might (or might not) work as well. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry, you changed your post in between the time I quoted I guess. Because originally you just asked since when did Borderlands GOTY activate on steam.

From what I can tell only the Amazon GOTY digital DL activates on steam and the retail boxed version doesn't?

You know what, Tony? I might actually play a Final Fantasy game. I've never even remotely considered this before. Great deals

Picking up MW2 and FFXIV. I know it's a huge turd right now, and I have active subscriptions to SWTOR and WoW, but 10 bucks is nothing, and I can see for myself how bad it really is. And maybe, just maybe, version 2.0 will deliver.

FFXIV it will be nice deal.
jp.gif

Is there a way I can purchase 2 copies of a game (MW2) under one account? I am wanting to get myself a copy of course and gift a copy to my gf to play with (shes quite a gamer and would like this). Since it is cheap enough, I figured it be worth while paying the money for 2 copies.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Is there a way I can purchase 2 copies of a game (MW2) under one account? I am wanting to get myself a copy of course and gift a copy to my gf to play with (shes quite a gamer and would like this). Since it is cheap enough, I figured it be worth while paying the money for 2 copies.[/QUOTE]

Yes, like anything else amazon sells just buy it twice.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Is there a way I can purchase 2 copies of a game (MW2) under one account? I am wanting to get myself a copy of course and gift a copy to my gf to play with (shes quite a gamer and would like this). Since it is cheap enough, I figured it be worth while paying the money for 2 copies.[/QUOTE]

MW2 activates on steam so you can just buy the game twice and you will get two unique keys in your Video Games account. You can activate one key on your steam account and give the other key to your GF to activate on her steam account.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']From the Steam thread courtesy of The End:

Looks like Dungeon defenders has some Valentines day DLC that's free for those who own the game. If the past is any guide, you'd better grab it while you can, in a week or so it'll switch to being paid DLC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204387/

Thought it'd be relevant here since DD is on super sale.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I probably should have posted that here as well seeing as how DD is on sale this week @ Amazon.

Thanks for picking up the slack, CLAF.

[quote name='Destroi']Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Stem yes or not?[/QUOTE]

Dont buy it bro, its a multiplayer only game and there are not more then 10 active players. Waste of money really.

[quote name='faraany3k']Dont buy it bro, its a multiplayer only game and there are not more then 10 active players. Waste of money really.[/QUOTE]
agreed, had it on my ps3, only 4 people playing, it was fun, but nothing out there anymore :(

so Valves V day sale is Dinner date...$5 indie game for $2.50...pass! [quote name='BinaryTB']So Origin just put this out:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.me3

Pre-Order Mass Effect 3, get Battlefield 3 for free.

Does Amazon only match digital download prices or bonuses/free-games as well?[/QUOTE]

wow...they really want preorders... edit: hm cant see that offer anymore, must be US only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pROvIs']Anyone have opinions on Gatling Gears? Still going back and forth debating to buy now or wait for a steam sale.[/QUOTE]

I got it on sale for the 360 and I havent been able to get into it. Its not terrible but nothing that I'm in a rush to get back to. I'd prefer Renegade Ops anyday, but thats just me.

Good price on COD 2. Wish I didn't already have it as 5-10 dollars is about what it is worth if you don't play the multiplayer, which I don't. The single player game is good but short. Took me about 4.5 hours to beat it.

I wish Payday The Heist was on sale. :cry:

[quote name='shosh']sure this has answered b4, but low on time. where can i find the steam key for my CODMW2 game?[/QUOTE]

In your Digital Items Library at the top of the page next to my account.

Tony speaking of this it is irritating that when I purchase a game it doesn't give me the code on the checkout page only a download link. I have to go into digital items and click get cd-key etc to get it. I would love it if it displayed right at checkout. Save me about 6 or 7 clicks/page loads.

[quote name='tjs09']You know what, Tony? I might actually play a Final Fantasy game. I've never even remotely considered this before. Great deals[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, who's got an in with squenix? I need them to resume porting FF games to the PC (namely XIII).

Hey guys, sorry to be "that guy" again, but I wanted to let you know that I've been reading and making notes on all of your input and questions. I'm super underwater at work today and I'll be hopping on to answer questions this evening.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pROvIs']In your Digital Items Library at the top of the page next to my account.

Tony speaking of this it is irritating that when I purchase a game it doesn't give me the code on the checkout page only a download link. I have to go into digital items and click get cd-key etc to get it. I would love it if it displayed right at checkout. Save me about 6 or 7 clicks/page loads.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, or at the very least have the cd-key displayed in an email after your purchase.

I've always found it pointless that instructions on how to find your key are emailed to you, but not the actual key itself.

I have Borderlands on 360 with all the DLC, but I just can't get over that I want it on PC, too! :) :) :) For 7$ for the entire thing, I think I'm going to have to bite, on this!! :) Great, great deal!! :D

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys, sorry to be "that guy" again, but I wanted to let you know that I've been reading and making notes on all of your input and questions. I'm super underwater at work today and I'll be hopping on to answer questions this evening.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sorry to bother you but any news on Mass Effect 1 & 2 sale? Thanks Tony for everything, you make us happy gamers.

[quote name='APreciousDragon']I have Borderlands on 360 with all the DLC, but I just can't get over that I want it on PC, too! :) :) :) For 7$ for the entire thing, I think I'm going to have to bite, on this!! :) Great, great deal!! :D[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Already own these for console but at those prices, why not get em again for PC

[quote name='ochentay4']Sorry to bother you but any news on Mass Effect 1 & 2 sale? Thanks Tony for everything, you make us happy gamers.[/QUOTE]

ME2 was on sale just a couple of days ago - amazon was matching gamestop I think. Anyways, I grabbed it for $5.

I could swear I saw ME1 on amazon downloads a while back but now it's not listed anymore. It didn't have a price at the time - just the product description.

Now I'm waiting for some THQ love from Tony and the gang - hint hint...;) ohh and dungeon siege 3 at sub-$5 wouldn't hurt too much either...

[quote name='sgr76']I'm in the same boat. Already own these for console but at those prices, why not get em again for PC[/QUOTE]

It's worth mentioning that two of the four dlcs in Borderlands GOTY will install Securom on your computer upon activation.

[quote name='BinaryTB']So Origin just put this out:
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.me3

Pre-Order Mass Effect 3, get Battlefield 3 for free.

Does Amazon only match digital download prices or bonuses/free-games as well?[/QUOTE]

If Amazon DL matched that deal, that'd be crazy.
Especially if Amazon charged us $54 for ME3 and BF3.
That'd be like $27 a piece.

I played the ME3 Demo - and it is ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!!!
Everybody, get on Origin and go download and install it.
Like...NOW.

so what's the verdict on Bad Company 2: Vietnam? I bought Bad Company 2 in the last sale but for $3 more why not get the expansion too, some reviewers on Amazon say that there really isn't any community for PC, any one have it or can report on the community??

[quote name='marineal']hi, im a newbie when it come to steam and buyin digital games from amazon. I have a question for DVG Amazon... is the whole dlc in the magicka collection come with steam keys? and a second question... i noticed that World of Goo is $2.99... but does that work with steam? thank you[/QUOTE]

With the Magicka Collection should get 1 key that unlocks a bunch of DLC (not all of the available DLC but what is listed on the page.)

Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? I haven't purchased this myself and didn't hear back from my tech team on this today.

[quote name='shaggyc']COD MW2 and Borderlands purchased. Both did in fact activate on steam no problem. According to steam, the first 2 dlcs that have secure rom are also 5 machine activation limits. Is this one of those games where amazon would replace the key if that limit was reached? I know you all would on a base game, but what about where dlc is concerned?[/QUOTE]

Since we're selling you 1 key, if you run out of activations, contact CS for help on the issue and you should be good to go.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']I'm so weak got MW2...Damn u Tony! :whistle2:#. I could not resist such a ridiculous price since Activision would NEVER price it that low on Steam.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jazyje']BTW, finally caved in and bookmarked this thread -- amazon deals are simply the best out there nowadays....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jazyje']MW2 = instant buy. Wow, amazon > steam > activision!

Already have pretty much all other games... Any opinions on Rise of Flight though? I see it cannot be activated "anywhere," correct?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='imentec']Hi Tony, Thanks a lot for the Borderlands GOTY :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I asked you a couple of weeks ago,..,and you got it.

By other hand, do you think we'll get "Deus Ex the missing link DLC" on sale soon?

Regards!!!![/QUOTE]

:) :) glad you guys like. As for Deus Ex dlc sales, I don't have anything currently on the calendar.

[quote name='Motoki']I believe it requires Origin, thus you will need to use the code and cannot install then pass the code along. You really didn't think EA would allow that old trick did you?

See here for earlier CAG discussion about Gatling Gears and Origin:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302670

Apparently, even the Steam version requires Origin :p

*ETA: I think I may have misinterpreted here. If you were asking if you could buy a two pack and then just email a key to a friend that they could register on Origin then yes, it appears so.

I'll let Tony officially confirm, but I am going to say seems likely since Impulse/Gamestop is reporting it being Steamworks and Gamersgate is noting "3rd party download required" which for them almost always means Steam.

As an aside, I wish Amazon were more clear in their product descriptions about when a game is Steamworks and in general what the DRM is, but maybe this one just slipped through the cracks?

Most of the time I end up checking reviews to see if anyone is whining about Steam being required, but in this case there aren't any.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure on GG, I'll check with the team in the AM. As for a better way to determine DRM...it is a process I've been working on for months. Making changes to the product pages on Amazon is a really serious endeavor so I've been working with multiple teams to figure out how to get it done best.

[quote name='pROvIs']In your Digital Items Library at the top of the page next to my account.

Tony speaking of this it is irritating that when I purchase a game it doesn't give me the code on the checkout page only a download link. I have to go into digital items and click get cd-key etc to get it. I would love it if it displayed right at checkout. Save me about 6 or 7 clicks/page loads.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I agree with this, or at the very least have the cd-key displayed in an email after your purchase.

I've always found it pointless that instructions on how to find your key are emailed to you, but not the actual key itself.[/QUOTE]

This is an interesting point. The reason we don't email or display your keys outside of your games and software library has to do with the way the system pulls the keys and serves them to you. I'll bring this up to the tech team and see if it is something that has been discussed before...as far as I know right now though, it isn't on the development roadmap.

[quote name='ochentay4']Sorry to bother you but any news on Mass Effect 1 & 2 sale? Thanks Tony for everything, you make us happy gamers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapThomas']ME2 was on sale just a couple of days ago - amazon was matching gamestop I think. Anyways, I grabbed it for $5.

I could swear I saw ME1 on amazon downloads a while back but now it's not listed anymore. It didn't have a price at the time - just the product description.

Now I'm waiting for some THQ love from Tony and the gang - hint hint...;) ohh and dungeon siege 3 at sub-$5 wouldn't hurt too much either...[/QUOTE]

ME2 was on sale last week for $5 and we are working with our tech team to get ME1 up for sale, not clear when it will be up yet.

As for THQ...stay tuned ;)

If I missed anyone please PM or re-ask in thread. Sorry for the delay on this today, it has been a crazy week!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='AsherFischell']It's worth mentioning that two of the four dlcs in Borderlands GOTY will install Securom on your computer upon activation.[/QUOTE]

I will do some research on that before i activate that game.

I got Borderlands. Could not resist having it at my finger tips on Steam. I'm still waiting for a ME2 GOTY edition.... although I guess it won't activate on steam.... *sigh*.

[quote name='ochentay4']How did I miss Mass Effect 2 sale!? I visit this thread every day! snif..[/QUOTE]

ME2 has been going on sale for $5 many times in the last 4 months ;)

[quote name='MysterD']If Amazon DL matched that deal, that'd be crazy.
Especially if Amazon charged us $54 for ME3 and BF3.
That'd be like $27 a piece.

I played the ME3 Demo - and it is ALL KINDS OF AWESOME!!!
Everybody, get on Origin and go download and install it.
Like...NOW.[/QUOTE]

Thirded.

[quote name='Death31133']Thats in COD 4 not MW2[/QUOTE]

What he means to say is, "That's in the last great Call of Duty, not the later crappy ones."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back