Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up Defense Technica for $2.49 after the coupon. Be sure to get the Mac code as it's $1 cheaper and is Steamplay so it works with Mac or PC.

I'm still a little confused about the price on the Ace Pack. I thought it was supposed to be $5.99 before coupon. There's no way I'm paying $9.99 before coupon because that's far from the best price. I wonder if it was missed or it's going on sale later?

Just picked up Defense Technica for $2.49 after the coupon. Be sure to get the Mac code as it's $1 cheaper and is Steamplay so it works with Mac or PC.

I'm still a little confused about the price on the Ace Pack. I thought it was supposed to be $5.99 before coupon. There's no way I'm paying $9.99 before coupon because that's far from the best price. I wonder if it was missed or it's going on sale later?
i think tony said 2k stuff would be going on sale later...

i think tony said 2k stuff would be going on sale later...
Oh man... didn't even look to see if it was 2K. Thanks.

Fail. To. Read.

What are differences between: Crysis 3 and Crysis 3 The Lost Island?
Product Description

Crysis 3: The Lost Island expansion pack transports players to a lush tropical island located off the coast of Ling Shan, the setting for the events of the original Crysis. With 4 beautiful new multiplayer maps; Ascent, Coastline, Creek & Crossing, The Lost Island also includes 2 new multiplayer modes, 2 new weapons and a host of new challenges to unlock.

Frenzy adds a new dimension to deathmatch, a cycling weapon loadout every 60 seconds keeps tension high as players can only respawn during the next loadout change. An intensifying radar sweep keeps track of every move. Only the most skillful Hunter will win.

In Possession, players secure the single objective flag for the longest time in order to win, but once the flag is secured they become the hunted, permanently tagged in the enemies HUD. Possession also boasts a team based variant, where co-ordination and teamwork will ensure victory.

New, Original Content:
The expansion pack offers new, online multiplayer experiences for Crysis 3 base game including the following:

• Four, new map locations set in an island location near the fictional island location (Ling Shan) of the original Crysis game
  • Two, new gameplay modes (Possession and Frenzy)
  • Two, new weapons (Claw and Rhino)

Crysis 3 The Lost Island appears to be multi player only, no SP content.

Dead Space 3; a lot of people got this game through humble bundle origin sale.  The DLC (Awakened) is on the EC list.  If you like Dead Space, check out this DLC.  Be forewarned that it is only 3 chapters and considered short, but good content.

Looks like I picked the wrong time to ask about playing Defiance :(

Maybe I should start a thread in the PC gaming area.
/like fucking ran out so young blames mns

Crysis 3 The Lost Island appears to be multi player only, no SP content.

Dead Space 3; a lot of people got this game through humble bundle origin sale. The DLC (Awakened) is on the EC list. If you like Dead Space, check out this DLC. Be forewarned that it is only 3 chapters and considered short, but good content.
/like blames mns

I apologize if someone already explained this earlier, but I couldn't find it during my skimming.  What is the difference for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 between "download" and "instant access"?

I apologize if someone already explained this earlier, but I couldn't find it during my skimming. What is the difference for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 between "download" and "instant access"?
With download you get a key, with instant access you link to your Origin account.

Oh man... didn't even look to see if it was 2K. Thanks.

Fail. To. Read.

Product Description

Crysis 3: The Lost Island expansion pack transports players to a lush tropical island located off the coast of Ling Shan, the setting for the events of the original Crysis. With 4 beautiful new multiplayer maps; Ascent, Coastline, Creek & Crossing, The Lost Island also includes 2 new multiplayer modes, 2 new weapons and a host of new challenges to unlock.

Frenzy adds a new dimension to deathmatch, a cycling weapon loadout every 60 seconds keeps tension high as players can only respawn during the next loadout change. An intensifying radar sweep keeps track of every move. Only the most skillful Hunter will win.

In Possession, players secure the single objective flag for the longest time in order to win, but once the flag is secured they become the hunted, permanently tagged in the enemies HUD. Possession also boasts a team based variant, where co-ordination and teamwork will ensure victory.

New, Original Content:
The expansion pack offers new, online multiplayer experiences for Crysis 3 base game including the following:

• Four, new map locations set in an island location near the fictional island location (Ling Shan) of the original Crysis game
  • Two, new gameplay modes (Possession and Frenzy)
  • Two, new weapons (Claw and Rhino)
Also be aware Crysis 3 multiplayer has a pretty low population, according to http://crysis3s.com/, there are only 536 PC players playing right now.

I apologize if someone already explained this earlier, but I couldn't find it during my skimming. What is the difference for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 between "download" and "instant access"?
Download provides a key for the appropriate gaming service. Instant access is used when you have your steam/origin/ubi account tied within Amazon, and the game just goes right to your library.

Instant access links an amazon account to origin for the key

I think

ninja'd by Too Damn High / travathian

"Download" gives you a key to activate later, "Instant Access" links it directly to your Origin account through Amazon.

(What does 4th place win me?)

What he said. It was pretty overwhelming today..

great-white-shark-teeth-625x450.jpg

I think it's a safe bet that Tony's probably not going to try this again. Maybe a more fair process is a combination of the defiance rules (you have to be a member for certain days) so the contest can be left open longer, and a random way of picking winners.

Still, that person who got abducted by aliens during the next giveaway (maybe) is going to be pissed !

I confess I haven't been following the thread as closely as usual, but I think that Tony mentioned trying get a group to play Defiance this weekend (tomorrow?). I bought it a few weeks ago and I'm just getting around to installing it, and I would be up for something like that.

Maybe it would make sense to have a Steam group for CAG - Defiance? Idiotekque set one up for The Secret World and it's not super active, but it does list people's character names. It would not be necessary to own a steam version of defiance, the point of the group would be to help with scheduling and knowing who is around.

I have no idea how things work in Defiance in terms of servers (like if we would all need to be on the same server) or guilds or whatever, so if someone else wants to set up a group, I'm totally fine with it, but I'm happy to get the ball rolling too.
I'll throw this out there one more time, now that the thread has settled down a little. I was also considering making it a CAG - MMO group, perhaps it could help us coordinate groups in other games (GW, GW2, Tera, WOW, etc.)

I might beat Mooby to this; Delvolver games typically fall in price i.e. Serious Sam 3.  The EC list has Foul Play and Defense Technica from Devolver.  #3.49 after coupon is good deal for either, but both should continue to show up on sale later on this year. 

Seems like Steam is struggling again today.  sigh

So now that simcity is heading in to the realm of an acceptable price, anyone got any words on whether or not they have fixed all the issues or if its worth it in general

I missed out on the LN3000 key giveaway. I guess I was on the wrong side of the 4:07pm entries. When i saw the Defiance giveaway I jumped on it. With that being said, I won't be playing it and someone can have my key.

PM me if you are truly saddened by not getting in on the giveaway last night and I'll send you the key.

EDIT: Gone

I'll throw this out there one more time, now that the thread has settled down a little. I was also considering making it a CAG - MMO group, perhaps it could help us coordinate groups in other games (GW, GW2, Tera, WOW, etc.)
throw it out all you want

CAGers usually play MMO's single player

I think its social anxiety thing

I might beat Mooby to this; Delvolver games typically fall in price i.e. Serious Sam 3. The EC list has Foul Play and Defense Technica from Devolver. #3.49 after coupon is good deal for either, but both should continue to show up on sale later on this year.

Seems like Steam is struggling again today. sigh
Don't pay $3.49 for Defense Technica. The Mac version is on the EC list for a dollar less and it's a Steamplay title (gives you both PC/Mac).

So now that simcity is heading in to the realm of an acceptable price, anyone got any words on whether or not they have fixed all the issues or if its worth it in general
SimCity looks nice, but it has all kinds of problems. The worst part of it is the always-online structure. They've talked about a compromise, but have not done a thing about it. The cities are tiny and the AI pathing is suspect. It needs to be cheaper imo (and I paied full price) and maybe include some of the DLC.

Watched the gameplay on defense technical - it looked like you have to go around collecting cubes from things you kill. Does that get in the way when there's too much going on? Anyone played this yet (buying it doesn't count). And thanks for the tip on steamplay - just have to wait for steam to come back again.

don't pay 2.49 for Defense Technica....its a Devolver Digital title and it will probably be bundled soon
You can say that about any title these days. I know Devlover is heavy into bundles, but I do want to play this game.

I'm kind of on the opposite side of the fence of some here... I refuse to let bundles paralyze my game purchases. If I see a bundle I like, then I buy it. If I see a bundle with stuff in it that I already own I don't sweat it too much. You could almost take that behavior to the extreme and say that you should never buy any game because it could be bundled. It's happened.

It's fantastic. My favourite game of last year. It's all patched up now.

There are still two things that annoy people:

1) it's always online

2) the city sizes are small - though this is somewhat overcome by the expansion letting you build upwards

I would be interested in that. The only thing is I don't have a gaming PC and am limited to whatever's on consoles. (So Defiance on PS3, which isn't cross-compatible with the PC version.) But there are some F2P MMOs on PS3, if you want to try that. That would be more CAG-like.

erm.. sorry I'm newbie here and I sign up this forum for a while but I can't post or reply anything in this topic because spam warning and I just post first reply today so I don't know who's Tebow.... but I still wanna know how can I use $5 creditfrom Amazon? the price will be shown discount when I purchase game in Editor's Choice 2013,right?

thanks in advance

After you click on Buy and Download, the purchase page will appear and you will see the EC promotion code applied as pictured below:

EC%20Promotion.PNG

You can say that about any title these days. I know Devlover is heavy into bundles, but I do want to play this game.

I'm kind of on the opposite side of the fence of some here... I refuse to let bundles paralyze my game purchases. If I see a bundle I like, then I buy it. If I see a bundle with stuff in it that I already own I don't sweat it too much. You could almost take that behavior to the extreme and say that you should never buy any game because it could be bundled. It's happened.
ya my thing is "am i going to play this before it hits a bundle?"

if the answer is probably "yes" i dont mind buying it

i dont like seeing games i bought in bundles but it doesnt necessarily bother me either

Anybody else having trouble getting Crysis 3 to activate on Origin?
I didn't have any trouble activating it... it hung forever when I tried to start the download though. I eventually just cancelled it out as I was only curious what the download size was going to be, if you get it to activate and start the download, please let me know the download size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back