Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure you activate your key on funcom's website and launch the game straight through their launcher no Origin necessary.
thanks, i dont like origin at all ,but with huge downloads(should be well over 10 GB) id prefer a client (even origin) to make downloading easy

Anyone know for sure if that Burnout Paradise DLC works on the Steam version of the game? The Amazon listing says it works with both, but some reviews and people on the Steam forums say it's Origin only.

I didn't have any trouble activating it... it hung forever when I tried to start the download though. I eventually just cancelled it out as I was only curious what the download size was going to be, if you get it to activate and start the download, please let me know the download size.
I finally got it working. File size is around 14 gigs.

i would consider playing w/fellow cags

its the thought of playing w a bunch of strangers who are apt to be douchebags that i dont like
I understand that sentiment, but on the other hand I've had some good experiences in the past year playing MMOs and taking part in pick-up groups.

I understand that sentiment, but on the other hand I've had some good experiences in the past year playing MMOs and taking part in pick-up groups.
ya...i guess like drabe said the social anxiety thing might be a bit of a factor, as well

probably why i lurked here for like 4 months before i finally started posting

Okay, I'm gonna change $h#t up.

What's your Defiance names? Mine's in my sig below.

Who wants to play online? I'll be on later today.
I'm MysterD on Defiance.

I've barely even touched that game...

....since Remember Me been taking my time.

Of course, I'm done w/ Remember Me now.

So hoping for a sequel on Remember Me. :D

secret world activates on origin ?
My TSW key never activated there...

I certainly have tried.

Pretty sure you activate your key on funcom's website and launch the game straight through their launcher no Origin necessary.
THIS is how TSW (Non-Steam) works.

The thing about TSW - it's like 39 GB in size or so now!

EDIT:

For TSW, for those looking to add me - my name is MysterD77.

I ain't played this game in a while, though.

Anyone know for sure if that Burnout Paradise DLC works on the Steam version of the game? The Amazon listing says it works with both, but some reviews and people on the Steam forums say it's Origin only.
well if u have the game on origin u can activate origin and when u load it up on steam it will have the packs is what im hearing from people i havent tried i got it already from implusedriven

I'm looking at Crysis 3... want it... but only played 4hs of Crysis 1, and Crysis 2 remains untouched :wall:
Hah... same. My mind keeps thinking "$5 for Crysis is a great deal" but then I remember that I never stuck with playing C1 past the beginning and don't know if I even started C2.

Hah... same. My mind keeps thinking "$5 for Crysis is a great deal" but then I remember that I never stuck with playing C1 past the beginning and don't know if I even started C2.
Let's keep in mind...

C3 (base game) after 75% off MSRP ($29.99) would be $7.49.

With EC coupon applied, $4.99 (before tax) tops the 75% off backlogging rule that I usually have.

According to IsThereAnyDeal...

Hell, Amazon has the best price on C3 at $9.99 - and that's NOT even including the $5 EC coupon!

If you have your $5 EC coupon, this is the best deal on C3 by far ($5).

Of course, let's also keep this in mind...

I've been a fan of every Crysis game and its SP Campaign. I really dig shooters; especially ones by Crytek. Sure - the dialogue, writing, and story ain't anything special...but we're not here for that primarily. You're here for the action and technically amazing graphics (if your PC can actually handle it). More or less, I look at Crytek as the new Id Software (amazing technical graphics and shooting, but the story and characters usually ain't that hot) - and have felt that about them for years (since Far Cry 1).

Please don't tell me this is a real thing. I JUST bought Crysis 3 for the backlog...
I think the question you need to ask yourself is this: does really any of the C3 DLC look even worthwhile to you?

I mean - C3: TLI DLC is a MP map.

I have this - but, I ain't even touched the damn MP.

EDIT:

It's not like this game has a Season Pass that offers up a fair amount of brand new content.

IMHO...

There isn't much if any new SP content for SP players.

It's not like they are offering up much new content for MP players, either.

I think the question you need to ask yourself is this: does really any of the C3 DLC look even worthwhile to you?

Oh, if that's the only DLC then I'm not too concerned. I saw that on the sale but the reviewers say not a damn person even plays the DLC anyway. Sorta reminiscent of buying all the Bioshock 2 DLC on 360 and not ever getting to play it due to needing 4 DLC players to start a match, and nobody has it.

how is the single player? Crysis 2 was decent fun, but being in the city kind of sucked.

More or less, I look at Crytek as the new Id Software (amazing technical graphics and shooting, but the story and characters usually ain't that hot) - and have felt that about them for years (since Far Cry 1).
I agree with you there sir. The progress they've made on a technical front is great, especially for the gaming community as a whole. If you want something with a great story, let someone else bring you that & have it developed with CryEngine. Win-win. I just wish they did a better job at optimizing their own engine from a performance aspect... but then again id had the same problem.

Please don't tell me this is a real thing. I JUST bought Crysis 3 for the backlog...
haha I highly doubt anything like that will happen. Only a single piece of DLC has been release and it's for a barely there MP. Only thing that I could see possibly happening is a trilogy bundle which you would then probably have to wait even longer for (to be at a CAG price) than to buy each piece individually.

y u do dis 2 me?
Let's also keep in mind...

For some reason, you never did much w/ C1 + C2.

If you don't think you have any intentions of finishing any of the Crysis games' SP mode and/or no intentions of taking part in any of the MP's, then it might be worth a skip for you.

I can't speak for you - you need to play C1 more first; give it time & a chance; and see if it's your cup of tea.

how is the single player? Crysis 2 was decent fun, but being in the city kind of sucked.
SP is fairly enjoyable. As it has been said, the story isn't amazing but if you enjoyed the first two, you should enjoy the third and it's a bit better than the second. Think of Crysis 3 as a hybrid mix of 1 and 2 in terms of semi-open environment and greenery and even though it has its elements of being closed in it doesn't feel as bad as the 2nd. At least that's what I remember from playing it shortly after release last year. Plus, dem graphicz.

It's always a year man. That's been the rule for the past couple years. Pick a game with prominent dlc or expansions, wait one year and magically it'll all be included in some edition, official or not.

Or can just look at Crysis 2. Release date of March to April 2011. Maximum date, May 2012. Crysis 1 took a bit longer but it had two additional packs. That tends to be the exception: if there are two major pieces of new content you'll get a "gold version" for now and the new one close to together. One year later however they'll all be in one really cheap.

(Also see Civ 5.)

C3 merges both the city and the jungle atmospheres. The jungle atmosphere now is over-running the city in C3. So, you've got a mixture of both going on at all times.

Combat's very similar to C2 - as the vertical aspect of big building shootouts is here.

Also, you have the jungles of C1 here in C3 - so now, you have more the bigger and wider open-spaces for shootouts that are more akin to both Crysis 1 + Crysis Warhead.

Also, you can play a bit more stealthy in C3 than ever before in the previous games, now w/ the bow always in your inventory and at your disposal.

As much as people are talking about Crysis 3, do not forget Dead Space 3 Awakened if you are into the Dead Space series or gameplay at all.  $3.49 after EC is not bad at all, but looks like it is until through 1/5/14 just like Crysis 3.

As much as people are talking about Crysis 3, do not forget Dead Space 3 Awakened if you are into the Dead Space series or gameplay at all. $3.49 after EC is not bad at all, but looks like it is until through 1/5/14 just like Crysis 3.
Hmmmm - DLC on sale from EA at such cheapness = RARE.

So, the question is - how long/short is Awakened DLC?

From reviews: while it looks like it does recycle some content, areas, and stuff from Dead Space 3 (base game) - it does looks like its bring back that one thing that I felt Dead Space 3 was lacking: actual horror elements.

Plus, I been wanting to know how the hell...

[Dead Space 3 spoilers in-bound]

...Isaac got off that damn rock.

As much as people are talking about Crysis 3, do not forget Dead Space 3 Awakened if you are into the Dead Space series or gameplay at all. $3.49 after EC is not bad at all, but looks like it is until through 1/5/14 just like Crysis 3.
I'd like to jump on that but I don't think I can convince myself to. The addition of tax at amazon ruins it for me compared to the sale GMG had it for. It's not a huge difference but I'm not really itching to play it currently. What's the general consensus on DS3's DLC?

Is this normal Crysis 3 edition or hunter edition?
Normal version.

Well I keep hoping the amazon deals will turn around after the disastrous run for nearly 2 years now. At least amazon is consistent, I give them credit in that regard. Shame they have no idea how awful this crap is due to everyone lining up to kiss Tony's ass. An excellent combo of viral, guerilla marketing and stockholm syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back