Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, is there any chance that Amazon will price match GamestopImpulse on Assassin's Creed III @ $19.99?  Specifically to take a step further, if price matching that discount means you would discount the Deluxe Ed. to $40, allowing me to put the game on Steam instead of UPlay.

Impulse is not discounting their Deluxe Ed., but if you guys did you would have a sale. :D

Tony, is there any chance that Amazon will price match GamestopImpulse on Assassin's Creed III @ $19.99? Specifically to take a step further, if price matching that discount means you would discount the Deluxe Ed. to $40, allowing me to put the game on Steam instead of UPlay.

Impulse is not discounting their Deluxe Ed., but if you guys did you would have a sale. :D

You still have to launch uplay to run the steam version though.

If anyone feels like helping me out, i have a $30 Amazon gift card that i'd like to transfer to Paypal. So if anyone is feeling generous, i can buy you something you want from Amazon with the gift card for a Paypal gift. I'd really appreciate any help. I can buy things like the Metro franchise pack or the Bioshock triple pack. I'll give you either a FTL or Mark of the Ninja Steam key for helping. Thanks.

Hey guys, i still need help with the Amazon gift card haha. 

I have a $30 Amazon gift card, i can buy you whatever Steam/Origin game you want in exchange for the same amount on Paypal (I want to buy a couple of games from GOG). The only thing i have to give as incentive is my last Steam key for FTL: Faster Than Light. So if anyone wants to buy Bioshock infinite or Metro Franchise Pack/Last Light and want's to do me this huge favor, i'd really, really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I don't do this a whole lot of this here but I'm really passionate about this one. My friend Megan Fox (game developer not actress) has an indie studio and is coming into the home stretch for her Kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meganfox/hot-tin-roof-the-cat-that-wore-a-fedora#!

If any of you participate in Kickstarters and find this interesting you should totally tell your friends. Megan is just a phenomenal human being, and has been making games FOREVER.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Tony

Alright guys, health check.

What do you think about this bundle at $14.99? All are steam keys:

1. Bad Rats
  2. Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  3. 9th company
  4. Ironclads America Civil War
  5. Ironclads Schleswig War
  6. Ironclads High Seas
  7. Ironclads Chincha Islands War
  8. Ironclads Anglo Russia War 1866
  9. BC Kings
  10. Hazen
  11. Dimensity
  12. Perimeter 2
  13. Puzzle Kingdoms
  14. FlatOut
  15. Vegas Make It Big
  16. World Basketball Manager
  17. Zombie Pirates
  18. Fireburst
  19. Exodus from the Earth
  20. Disciples II Rise of the Elves
This isn't confirmed but I'm kicking it around with Strat First. Also, we have the opportunity to add non-steam Strat first titles we carry, I just know those aren't as compelling. Suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Tony

Given that a lot of them have been bundled previously (Bad Rats, Razor 2, Ironclads series, Puzzle Kingdoms, FlatOut, Zombie Pirates, Fireburst, and Disciples II), often at a lower $1 tier, I think you might have resistance at a $14.99 price point.  They also bundled their entire catalogue for dirt cheap sometime last year (I want to say for $10, but don't quote me on that, it might have been higher, and of course didn't have Steam keys).  Not to say it's a bad bundle at that point, but I think $9.99 might be more appealing to a lot of people.

1. Bad Rats
  2. Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  3. 9th company
  6. Ironclads High Seas
  9. BC Kings
  10. Hazen
  11. Dimensity
  12. Perimeter 2
  13. Puzzle Kingdoms
  14. FlatOut
  15. Vegas Make It Big
  17. Zombie Pirates
  18. Fireburst
This isn't confirmed but I'm kicking it around with Strat First. Also, we have the opportunity to add non-steam Strat first titles we carry, I just know those aren't as compelling. Suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Tony
I honestly think you will have an extremely difficult time selling that bundle to people at $14.99.

It seems like a hard sell at $9.99, even, but I'm not really a Strategy First fan in general.

• Bad Rats
  • Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  • 9th company
  • Ironclads America Civil War
  • Ironclads Schleswig War
  • Ironclads High Seas
  • Ironclads Chincha Islands War
  • Ironclads Anglo Russia War 1866
  • BC Kings
  • Hazen
  • Dimensity
  • Perimeter 2
  • Puzzle Kingdoms
  • FlatOut
  • Vegas Make It Big
  • World Basketball Manager
  • Zombie Pirates
  • Fireburst
  • Exodus from the Earth
  • Disciples II Rise of the Elves

Cheers,
Tony
You'd likely have to set the price to $5 for that to sell. The inclusion of Bad Rats says it all.. Most of the games have been bundled before, so I'm not sure who'd buy them.

Will buy any Amazon Steam/Origin game for you, up to $30, for $28 (or $2 less then the game's price) on Paypal. PM if interested!
You will have more luck here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307615-steamorigindesura-etc-tradesellbuy-thread/

1. Bad Rats
  2. Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  3. 9th company
  6. Ironclads High Seas
  9. BC Kings
  10. Hazen
  11. Dimensity
  12. Perimeter 2
  13. Puzzle Kingdoms
  14. FlatOut
  15. Vegas Make It Big
  17. Zombie Pirates
  18. Fireburst

Cheers,

Tony
The price is a bit too high for the games being offered. They almost all have been in bundles before. I would say a price of around $7.99-9.99 would be a lot better.

1. Bad Rats
  2. Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  3. 9th company
  6. Ironclads High Seas
  9. BC Kings
  10. Hazen
  11. Dimensity
  12. Perimeter 2
  13. Puzzle Kingdoms
  14. FlatOut
  15. Vegas Make It Big
  17. Zombie Pirates
  18. Fireburst

Cheers,

Tony
I agree that $14.99 sounds too high. I play/buy lots of strategy titles, but didn't see anything compelling on this list. Already have Disciples 2 from a bargain cd purchase. If you didn't care for Ironclads, you're not going to use 6 of the titles as well. I think 9.99 would be hard as well since a lot of titles seem more niche to me and strategy gamers are probably a smaller set of the population.

I'm ok without Steam as well, but looking at the AMZN site, didn't see anything which will "drive" the bundle getting people to buy it.

Humble Bundle, especially makes a lot of titles hard to sell by themselves now I think.

1. Bad Rats
  2. Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  3. 9th company
  6. Ironclads High Seas
  9. BC Kings
  10. Hazen
  11. Dimensity
  12. Perimeter 2
  13. Puzzle Kingdoms
  14. FlatOut
  15. Vegas Make It Big
  17. Zombie Pirates
  18. Fireburst

Cheers,

Tony
Not interested.

1. Bad Rats
  2. Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  3. 9th company
  6. Ironclads High Seas
  9. BC Kings
  10. Hazen
  11. Dimensity
  12. Perimeter 2
  13. Puzzle Kingdoms
  14. FlatOut
  15. Vegas Make It Big
  17. Zombie Pirates
  18. Fireburst

Cheers,

Tony
Tony,

$14.99 is definitely a poor price point for the bundle. As others have mentioned, many of the games have been in bundles at very cheap price points (under $1). Furthermore, many of the games have poor reviews and/or niche titles. Maybe at a $5 the bundle you may get more interest but its still a tough sell. BTW, don't be afraid to add non-steam title to ANY bundle (not just Strat first). Can't speak for anyone but me but I trust Amazon download services as much as Valve so getting a game on Steam is not important to me.

On an another note Tony, could you talk to the Enlight Software guys and maybe get a sale on "

The Enlightened Entertainment Package? (last time it was on sale was in Aug 2012 at $5.99)" http://www.amazon.com/The-Enlightened-Entertainment-Package-Download/dp/B008Y3KMKS

1. Bad Rats
  2. Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  3. 9th company
  6. Ironclads High Seas
  9. BC Kings
  10. Hazen
  11. Dimensity
  12. Perimeter 2
  13. Puzzle Kingdoms
  14. FlatOut
  15. Vegas Make It Big
  17. Zombie Pirates
  18. Fireburst

Cheers,

Tony
Tony,

$14.99 is definitely a poor price point for the bundle. As others have mentioned, many of the games have been in bundles at very cheap price points (under $1). Furthermore, many of the games have poor reviews and/or niche titles. Maybe at a $5 the bundle you may get more interest but its still a tough sell.

On an another note Tony, could you talk to the Enlight Software guys and maybe get a sale on "

The Enlightened Entertainment Package?" http://www.amazon.com/The-Enlightened-Entertainment-Package-Download/dp/B008Y3KMKS (Last time it was on sale for $5.99 was in Aug 2012)

Cheers,

Tony
For non-CAGers, I'd say it would be an easy sale, especially if they are clueless about bundles. My only concern is that it seems very unfocused. Like you just grabbed a sampling of Strat First titles and made it into a bundle. There is no clear headliner to grab attention or theme to draw in certain genre gamers. I'd suggest shooting for a $5 price point of smaller, better themed bundles.

Hey, awesome deals in the OP! I love Amazon, and I love coming here to discuss deals on Amazon games.

With that out of the way, hello everybody. Not really feeling it here. Had a chat with some people, silence orders came down from the top. Whether that was a case of "Yeah, whatever, silence them I guess." or a calculated decision, I don't know. All I know is that community rules have never stated posting pictures now and then and some "off-topic" posts as silenceable offenses. I'm not trying to rustle any feathers, I just think those should be added to that page so there's no further confusion.

Not here to argue rules or against the mods (and Cheapy), in any case. I ain't the boss, I'm just cog in the machine. Just wanted to say my spirit is a little bit crushed. I love this place and respect the fuckoutta Cheapy for creating this awesome community, but I'd rather not be paranoid about everything I say or do. That's why I come out of the real world to the internet. I probably won't be very active here at this point.

To all you awesome CAGs and CAGettes: [customspoiler=]
tumblr_lyucdlEFpz1r099cco1_500.gif
[/customspoiler]

To some other people: [customspoiler=]
tumblr_m300p7KiHK1r33r0fo1_500.gif
[/customspoiler]

Peace.

• Bad Rats
  • Razor 2 Hidden Skies
  • 9th company
  • Ironclads America Civil War
  • Ironclads Schleswig War
  • Ironclads High Seas
  • Ironclads Chincha Islands War
  • Ironclads Anglo Russia War 1866
  • BC Kings
  • Hazen
  • Dimensity
  • Perimeter 2
  • Puzzle Kingdoms
  • FlatOut
  • Vegas Make It Big
  • World Basketball Manager
  • Zombie Pirates
  • Fireburst
  • Exodus from the Earth
  • Disciples II Rise of the Elves

Cheers,
Tony
Pass. Far too many games that have been bundled and I already own.

Have to agree. While Amazon does a great job at AAA bundles/packs it's next to impossible for you to compete with indie bundles for indie and lower tier publisher games.
Agreed.

Especially if there's a Strategy First Humble Bundle or something coming.

Umm....is there? ;)

Have to agree. While Amazon does a great job at AAA bundles/packs it's next to impossible for you to compete with indie bundles for indie and lower tier publisher games.
Unless it's an everything under the moon kind of a bundle - say 40-50 games. Granted HB did a major paradox bit a while back but at $100+ that was out of reach for most non-charity minded folks.

Tony, as a CAG I spend my amazon dollars on AAA games past their prime OR if the bundle has an insane number of potentially throw away games mixed in with some well known ones. Sort of like having a few good anchor games to justify the purchase.

still - thanks for the heads up - glad to see the non-AAA bundle gears starting to move.

What do you think about this bundle at $9.99? All are steam keys:

1. Bad Rats
  2. Bad Rats
  3. Bad Rats
  4. Bad Rats
  5. Bad Rats
  6. Bad Rats
  7. Bad Rats
  8. Bad Rats
  9. Bad Rats
  10. Bad Rats
  11. Bad Rats
  12. Bad Rats
  13. Bad Rats
  14. Bad Rats
  15. Bad Rats
  16. Bad Rats
  17. Bad Rats
  18. Bad Rats
  19. Bad Rats
  20. Bad Rats

Cheers,

Tony
:bow: Yes!

I'll just re-re-re-re-re-re-reiterate everything everyone else already said.  Most of those games have been bundled to death before and not that desirable.  It'd have to be a something with a ton more games (even non-steam ones) to appeal here.

I have to agree with everyone, and ad that just speaking for myself, no matter how great any game in a bundle is I refuse to have any tie to Bad Rats and will purposely avoid it and any bundle it's included in :headache:

You know what I would buy? A Playfirst bundle, which I'm still waiting for after quite a few months. Make it happen Tony Paddington (we all know who holds the strings) :bouncy:

i have no interest in any of the games in that bundle so the price dosen't affect me. 

my next purchases when price is less $10

bioshock inf season pass

far cry 3 [steam]

metro last light

in august/sept purchased:

gmg: aliens cm &season pass $8

amazon: sleeping dogs dlc $2.75

gamefly: bioshock inf/mafia 2 $10.87

Lol is bad rats that bad?
No. I mean it's a physics puzzler with awful physics, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I've finished all the puzzles. It's pretty easy once you figure out how it works and no particular puzzle got me uber frustrated. I wouldn't say it's a good game by any stretch, but it is not any worse than many other games that get bundled often. I think the killing cats thing offended a lot of gamers because I guess a lot of gamers are lame and like cats. Dawgs 4 life.

i have no interest in any of the games in that bundle so the price dosen't affect me.

my next purchases when price is less $10

bioshock inf season pass

far cry 3 [steam]

metro last light

in august/sept purchased:

gmg: aliens cm &season pass $8

amazon: sleeping dogs dlc $2.75

gamefly: bioshock inf/mafia 2 $10.87
I've said it already, but you realize the steam version of far cry 3 is practically the same as the uplay version, excëpt with the added prerequisite of having to run steam as well as uplay? Personally I find it more hassle than just a straight up uplay copy (which is easily found for $10 in the trade thread), so I wanted to mention it in case you weren't aware.

No. I mean it's a physics puzzler with awful physics, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I've finished all the puzzles. It's pretty easy once you figure out how it works and no particular puzzle got me uber frustrated. I wouldn't say it's a good game by any stretch, but it is not any worse than many other games that get bundled often. I think the killing cats thing offended a lot of gamers because I guess a lot of gamers are lame and like cats. Dawgs 4 life.
Liked it for dawgs 4 life. My dog is lying on my bed right next to me as I catch up with Breaking Bad on Netflix.

i am fully aware of the drms within steam. uplay within steam does not affect me since my gaming rig / steam is always on. the only time i re-log on is when there is a windows update. i do not have a separate uplay client (or origin) installed and prefer it that way. if in the future uplay does the same and pull all their future games from steam, i will not be buying their games. pc gaming is not my only source of entertaiment and any money saved will be used elsewhere. i like some others prefer steam only but i will leave it at that since the pro/con of the diffent clients has been fully covered at various times. unlike some however i do not bash uplay or origin. it's their own business and they can do whatever they want.

I've said it already, but you realize the steam version of far cry 3 is practically the same as the uplay version, excëpt with the added prerequisite of having to run steam as well as uplay? Personally I find it more hassle than just a straight up uplay copy (which is easily found for $10 in the trade thread), so I wanted to mention it in case you weren't aware.

i am fully aware of the drms within steam. uplay within steam does not affect me since my gaming rig / steam is always on. the only time i re-log on is when there is a windows update. i do not have a separate uplay client (or origin) installed and prefer it that way. if in the future uplay does the same and pull all their future games from steam, i will not be buying their games. pc gaming is not my only source of entertaiment and any money saved will be used elsewhere. i like some others prefer steam only but i will leave it at that since the pro/con of the diffent clients has been fully covered at various times. unlike some however i do not bash uplay or origin. it's their own business and they can do whatever they want.
lol...someone here doesn't understand what MrNinjaSquirrel is telling him about uplay and Ubisoft games bought on Steam. (Hint:you are NOT fully aware of the drm within steam)

lol...someone here does not understand what MrNinjaSquirrel is trying to tell him about Uplay, Steam, and Ubisoft games. (Hint: You are NOT fully aware of the drms within steam)

I'm not a fan of multi-DRM's on a Steam-version. Steam DRM is enough DRM hoops, thanks.

Problem w/ multi-DRM's on Steam-version - see what Tages caused for problems w/ X3:TC that one holiday when people couldn't get it activated; and people problems had w/ Risen 1 b/c of Tages DRM and people couldn't get game activated. Good thing those 3rd party DRM's got pulled!

Only way a Steam-version would be worthwhile to me, if I can also activate on the other company's client - then you'd have 2 copies: Steam-version and non-Steam.

This works w/ Steam-versions of DAO Ultimate and Burnout Paradise on Steam - you can take the game-key and also activate that over onto Origin.

Just to throw my vote in here...no way would I want that bundle. Only one game (Disciples II) I'm even remotely interested in. Quality>quantity. I'd rather buy a bundle of 3 games I want for 15 dollars than 20 I don't.

I wouldn't even buy it at $5 -- games just don't have any appeal to me.  My tastes aside I stick by my original assertion.  Unless you are packaging AAA games or recent/popular indie/low-end publisher titles I don't think the promotions are worth your (Tony/Amazon) while from a sales perspective.

If you can package stuff like Rogue Legacy, Legend of Dungeon, Spelunky (don't even know if the latter two are sold on Amazon), etc. before they hit a Humble or Groupees then you'd do well.  Stuff like Strategy First and 1C is scraping the bottom of the barrel at this stage of their respective lifespans.  People will buy them as throwaways in a $1 bundle but won't spend anywhere close to $15 for a big package of them.

Of course there might be some casual gamers who would jump on it but people at CAG, Reddit, NeoGaf, etc -- I doubt it.

Will buy any Amazon Steam/Origin game for you, up to $30, for $28 (or $2 less then the game's price) on Paypal. PM if interested!
So, does this mean I can have any $2 game on Origin/Steam for free? :)

As of last Thursday, I now have 4 dogs and 5 cats (added a puppy), so Dawgs 4 life & Catz 4 life which is a good segue to ask Tony, Is there any chance of a Petz Complete Pack with Steam keys? ;)

lol...someone here doesn't understand what MrNinjaSquirrel is telling him about uplay and Ubisoft games bought on Steam. (Hint:you are NOT fully aware of the drm within steam)

And just to connect the dots for you, even if you buy Far Cry 3 on Steam, you will be REQUIRED to download and install UPlay in order to play it. Steam basically just serves as a launcher for UPlay where you will play the game. Consider it permanently adding a non-steam game to your Steam library, that's essentially all you get from the Steam version, but I know some people need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back