Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
What DLC is there for Crysis 3 though? Just the one multiplayer expansion, right? Lost Island or something like that? Is there more? I don't really need the one that is there, but if it's included in the deal, then bonus.
When Crysis 3 launched, there was a "Hunter's Edition" that included:

• Hunter's Edition DLC - "Get early access to the new Predator Bow, Bow Skin, attachment and Hunter Nanosuit mod for use in multiplayer, as well as a bonus XP boost up to level 5, the ability to unlock custom loadouts early and three Hunter-themed dog tags."

There's also a Digital Deluxe version of Crysis 3 available at Origin. In addition to the Hunter's Edition DLC above, it also includes:

• Bonus Content Pack DLC (Overkill Pack and Scar Skin) - "Unlock the devastating Typhoon assault weapon and rain destruction on other players. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included in this pack are Typhoon weapon skin and two exclusive Overkill-themed dog tags. Get back to your roots in Crysis 3 with the basic U.S. Marine corps skin."
  • Day One Gauss Rifle and Explosive Arrow Unlock DLC - "Ravage your enemies with the two powerful futuristic weapons from Day One. Using electromagnetic coils to fire rounds at incredible speeds for devastating penetration, the Gauss Rifle obliterates foes with ease. Plus, nock your bow and blow away your opponents with an Explosive Arrow—silent to fire, booming on impact."
  • Crysis Soundtrack - "Get the 30-track saga containing music from all three Crysis games. Featuring scores from renowned composers Inon Zur and Borislav Slavov, plus the world-famous Hans Zimmer, this inspired soundtrack is powerful, intense and dramatic all at once."
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - "Equipped with your Nanosuit and a customizable arsenal of weaponry, you must adapt to ever-changing environments and eradicate an alien threat bent on destruction. Plus, get all the downloadable content released for Crysis 2, including nine additional multiplayer maps, two new weapons and bonus XP to augment your multiplayer experience."

Finally, in June, the official expansion was released:

• The Lost Island DLC - "Set on a remote tropical island off the coast of Ling Shan - the setting for the original Crysis game - Crysis 3: The Lost Island expansion pack gives players four brand new multiplayer maps two new multiplayer modes, Possession and Frenzy, and two new weapons to battle online with."
Tony, I wouldn't expect to see Crysis 2 or the soundtrack in Amazon's bundle, but is your deal really going to include all the other DLC here? I ask because I don't see the digital deluxe version of Crysis on Amazon, so it would be a first for Amazon to be able to sell a total package; a Crysis 3: Maximum Edition, if you will.

• Hunter's Edition DLC - "Get early access to the new Predator Bow, Bow Skin, attachment and Hunter Nanosuit mod for use in multiplayer, as well as a bonus XP boost up to level 5, the ability to unlock custom loadouts early and three Hunter-themed dog tags."

There's also a Digital Deluxe version of Crysis 3 available at Origin. In addition to the Hunter's Edition DLC above, it also includes:

• Bonus Content Pack DLC (Overkill Pack and Scar Skin) - "Unlock the devastating Typhoon assault weapon and rain destruction on other players. Spewing 500 rounds a second, the Typhoon gives players the ability to go guns blazing to take back the Liberty Dome. Also included in this pack are Typhoon weapon skin and two exclusive Overkill-themed dog tags. Get back to your roots in Crysis 3 with the basic U.S. Marine corps skin."
  • Day One Gauss Rifle and Explosive Arrow Unlock DLC - "Ravage your enemies with the two powerful futuristic weapons from Day One. Using electromagnetic coils to fire rounds at incredible speeds for devastating penetration, the Gauss Rifle obliterates foes with ease. Plus, nock your bow and blow away your opponents with an Explosive Arrow—silent to fire, booming on impact."
  • Crysis Soundtrack - "Get the 30-track saga containing music from all three Crysis games. Featuring scores from renowned composers Inon Zur and Borislav Slavov, plus the world-famous Hans Zimmer, this inspired soundtrack is powerful, intense and dramatic all at once."
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - "Equipped with your Nanosuit and a customizable arsenal of weaponry, you must adapt to ever-changing environments and eradicate an alien threat bent on destruction. Plus, get all the downloadable content released for Crysis 2, including nine additional multiplayer maps, two new weapons and bonus XP to augment your multiplayer experience."

• The Lost Island DLC - "Set on a remote tropical island off the coast of Ling Shan - the setting for the original Crysis game - Crysis 3: The Lost Island expansion pack gives players four brand new multiplayer maps two new multiplayer modes, Possession and Frenzy, and two new weapons to battle online with."
Tony, I wouldn't expect to see Crysis 2 or the soundtrack in Amazon's bundle, but is your deal really going to include all the other DLC here? I ask because I don't see the digital deluxe version of Crysis on Amazon, so it would be a first for Amazon to be able to sell a total package; a Crysis 3: Maximum Edition, if you will.
I'm also curious what version of Crysis 3 (Hunter, Regular or Deluxe) will be in this C3 sale, as well.

I'm also curious what version of Crysis 3 (Hunter, Regular or Deluxe) will be in this C3 sale, as well.
tony give us deluxe plz ddeman it so it wil be literly all dlc

dude man u on ur game damn lol crysis 3 max ediiton plz dont need 2 or soundtrack i ddoubt ithe it any of the hunter or the deluxe if u do this tony i sell mns for u hehh for free jkk

They're not 'forcing' you to buy it. *rolleyes*

Anyway, I have 3 extra copies of Natural Selection 2 on Steam to give away, if anyone is interested, please PM your email address (They're steam gifts, not keys, sorry)
And please post here or something when you PM, so that I don't get a million people PM'ing me all at once. :p

All gone! Sending emails in a moment.
another great giveaway from Santa.

Ahh sorry about that, I guess it flipped right after I posted since I had it in my cart at the discount price this morning :whistle2:(
no worries, I bought it a couple days ago and since I already had the first two max payne games, I only needed Max Payne 3 Complete.

Kind of strange that the Crysis 3 deal didn't kick in yet? Have they waited until later in the day before? I thought it was always between 1 and 2am.

Not a huge deal really, but just looking forward to getting it at this price!

Brent

I'm looking forward to Crysis 3 + Lost Island DLC bundle. :D

Ready for another game to try to bring my PC to its knees!
oh so no deluxe why is it all dlc tony but only one of dlc that not all dlc if u dont include deluxe ea doesnt walnt to give those dlc must be

I'm looking forward to Crysis 3 + Lost Island DLC bundle. :D

Ready for another game to try to bring my PC to its knees!
blah blame mysteerd for me using amazon chase instead of discover oh well doesnt matter just lost 25cents on ccahsback and entry to discover entry fuck oh well it hurts my chance but i have chance forever and ever. alll mns and mooby fault and aj lee fault and Summer Rae damn all distraction

all mysterd fault elverything ur fault ur making turn against cheapass rule why u ddo this
I'm NOT backlogging this. This is an ASAP game.

ASAP games = pay whatever.

I normally aim for 50% or better or these, but it don't always work out that way.

75% off rule from $44.98 (for C3 pack) = $11.24.

I had a gift-card, too.

So, for me - it's $10.05 after everything for this C3 Pack.

I normally aim for 50% or better or these, but it don't always work out that way.

I had a gift-card, too.

i know but it ur faullt still if i only had 50cents more it would be 75% off oh well i close enough to 75% off dont tell anyone

I had a gift-card, too.

what ur orign id mysterd my origin id is icedragon31615 and 19.99 for deluxe editon upgrade yea that great get fuckign slaen ow

I had a gift-card, too.

I fell as if you keep this saved to a word document to copy/paste every time someone challenges your cheapness ;)

Seeing only one of the many pieces of DLC in there is pretty disappointing, and since Lost Island is supposedly just multiplayer DLC, this doesn't seem like a particularly good deal.

why ur profilel had to private tho u must have too many origin games u dont want to show how much hoarder u are ehheh
Let me check.

I usually keep my game stuff public - i.e. like my Steam account.

I really don't have a ton of games on Origin, though.

EDIT:

Okay, made some stuff public.

But, my Origin account (46 games) got NOTHING on my Steam account (over 381 games + 163 DLC's)!
at least i beat u theree tho on steam muahaha 430-381 + 480dlc - 163dlc yea we got 9 common games on orignin and 174 commons ame on steam. somehow u hoarder blah so much bsing ur oring horder but not steam horder compare to me heh

at least i beat u theree tho on steam muahaha 430-381 + 480dlc - 163dlc yea we got 9 common games on orignin and 174 commons ame on steam. somehow u hoarder blah so much bsing ur oring horder but not steam horder compare to me heh
Keep in mind - I also got tons of games from Retail, Gamersgate, GameFly, GMG Capsule, GOG, and other services.

I lost count YEARS ago of how many games I have.

Key Drop:

Naval War - Artic Circle - 37MM9-4RNC7-ZBZ9I

Gorky 17 - 35XLW-ENZKA-P3B9Y

Two Worlds II - 3756V-AGAV4-KD3Q6

Darkest Hour - 34XA7-52YKQ-YHPY0

Showdown Effect - 3573L-ACCT0-KK7LA

Serious Sam First Encounter - HE498-M2Z4Y-WDHFK

Serious Sam  Second Encounter - 40EXG-9YT9Z-T0Y0G

Warlock - Y6D70-HH7L8-YGKE4

Diehard Dungeon (Desura): DWGW7-7ITRT-I8ZY4-NYH8E-C9VQ2

End My World (Desura): E1XJJ-YHVMF-Y0Z4J-XVJ08-VPIT6 and E1PNO-XNRTY-8R2ML-833IF-941XD

Key Drop:

Satazius: 37PVG-FZ3XJ-C5273

Naval War - Artic Circle - 37MM9-4RNC7-ZBZ9I

Fairy Bloom Freesia - 34ERX-LJFDX-0JV6L

Gorky 17 - 35XLW-ENZKA-P3B9Y

Two Worlds II - 3756V-AGAV4-KD3Q6

Crusader Kings II - 36GN0-GXBTM-ATYHJ

Darkest Hour - 34XA7-52YKQ-YHPY0

Showdown Effect - 3573L-ACCT0-KK7LA

Ether Vapor Remaster - 36EHK-Y3T39-NK2ZP

Burn Zombie Burn - AHGNI-TYVNB-5DYTA

Lucius - ANBV2-H3W4I-QGZAI

Hyrdophobia Prophecy - LCEHP-EI868-6MCX7

Project Aftermath - MH34M-9HZL9-JDQ0B

Anodyne - G7Z94-KVCNC-EPEV3

Greed Corp - 375YR-CFFFI-66MAX

Serious Sam First Encounter - HE498-M2Z4Y-WDHFK

Serious Sam Second Encounter - 40EXG-9YT9Z-T0Y0G

War of Roses - Kingmaker - LFWPC-BNDZ0-66DFZ

Warlock - Y6D70-HH7L8-YGKE4

Europa Universalis III - 7YWA4-F259M-VC63T

Diehard Dungeon (Desura): DX19R-DU821-ETNX6-EU1TK-LDEYN and DWGW7-7ITRT-I8ZY4-NYH8E-C9VQ2

End My World (Desura): E1XJJ-YHVMF-Y0Z4J-XVJ08-VPIT6 and E1PNO-XNRTY-8R2ML-833IF-941XD
Got hydrophobia...thanks dood

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back