Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Key Drop:

Naval War - Artic Circle - 37MM9-4RNC7-ZBZ9I

Fairy Bloom Freesia - 34ERX-LJFDX-0JV6L

Gorky 17 - 35XLW-ENZKA-P3B9Y

Two Worlds II - 3756V-AGAV4-KD3Q6

Darkest Hour - 34XA7-52YKQ-YHPY0

Showdown Effect - 3573L-ACCT0-KK7LA

Ether Vapor Remaster - 36EHK-Y3T39-NK2ZP

Project Aftermath - MH34M-9HZL9-JDQ0B

Serious Sam First Encounter - HE498-M2Z4Y-WDHFK

Serious Sam Second Encounter - 40EXG-9YT9Z-T0Y0G

War of Roses - Kingmaker - LFWPC-BNDZ0-66DFZ

Warlock - Y6D70-HH7L8-YGKE4

Diehard Dungeon (Desura): DX19R-DU821-ETNX6-EU1TK-LDEYN and DWGW7-7ITRT-I8ZY4-NYH8E-C9VQ2

End My World (Desura): E1XJJ-YHVMF-Y0Z4J-XVJ08-VPIT6 and E1PNO-XNRTY-8R2ML-833IF-941XD
thanks for projecafter math ether vapor and fairy blossom im done sorry i took three and found mysterd on gamersgate that is all and also gorky 17 was taken btw

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also took War of The Roses Kingmaker. I actually redeemed it before I realized that the core game is free to play. Sorry for being greedy :whistle2:(

I'll try to pay it forward here on CAG sometime soon as I know I have a few keys I can drop. Just gotta double check what they are as I don't keep a database.

Appreciate your giving spirit though!

Brent

No need for anyone to apologize!  Play them, hoard them - just enjoy what you do with them - they would have just gone used on my bundle pages otherwise.  

at least i beat u theree tho on steam muahaha 430-381 + 480dlc - 163dlc yea we got 9 common games on orignin and 174 commons ame on steam. somehow u hoarder blah so much bsing ur oring horder but not steam horder compare to me heh
Oooh ooh, can I join the contest?

Steam: 1101 games owned, 569 DLC owned.

And kudos to CLAF (I'm just gonna call him Cliff for now on) for the key drops!

I'm trying to resist buying Crysis 3 at that price... I've yet to play Crysis 1 or 2, although I have them in Steam/Origin. *sigh*

I'm trying to resist buying Crysis 3 at that price... I've yet to play Crysis 1 or 2, although I have them in Steam/Origin. *sigh*
His new name shall be Clifford Fox

Crysis series is awesome.

The series give you ways to approach big shootouts - you can use your visor and pin-point where enemies are at; you can enhance armor to be super-strong; and you can cloak to go stealthy. Of course, you can mix and match what ways you want to play, as you go, on the fly.

Crysis 1 + Warhead felt much more open in size w/ its environments and ways to go about combat. Also, the environments were a bit more tropical and whatnot.

C2 felt a bit more linear and a went more into COD-like territory. It's not really as open-spaced for environments, but there were also a lot of crazy vertical shootouts in NY in buildings.

And from what I've played of C3 so far, more awesome.

C3 is taking all the things I really dug about C1 and C2 - and throwing them in a blender. C3 takes place in NY - and jungles been forming in NY! And yes - you have vertical shootouts w/ buildings of multiple floors. Also, then also throw in bow - this makes the game even more stealthy than it was before. C3 seems to be mixing up the battles w/ humans and aliens more often than the other two, as well.

The maps in the SP campaign for C3 are ridiculously huge. There's just so much open-space in many of the maps and shootouts. This makes it great for strategically planning how you gonna set-up, if you cloaking out in the distance and thinking about how you want to take enemies down.

One thing - I just wish the story and dialogue was better done and told across the series.

I thought the Crysis series was just about an alternate universe where the world gets swallowed by a giant graphics card?
I thought it was more than that, about many giant graphic cards SLI'ed or Crossfire'd swallowing the world in an alternate universe loaded w/ alien-technology and nano-tech? ;)

The maps in the SP campaign for C3 are ridiculously huge. There's just so much open-space in many of the maps and shootouts. This makes it great for strategically planning how you gonna set-up, if you cloaking out in the distance and thinking about how you want to take enemies down.
Just so people don't go in with higher expectations, most of the levels in Crysis 3 really aren't that large. There's less than a handful that I would say are the size of Crysis 1 levels and the larger ones you're just using a vehicle to travel between points.

there was contest i was showoff to myster d

His new name shall be Clifford Fox
who what

I thought the Crysis series was just about an alternate universe where the world gets swallowed by a giant graphics card?
lol oh really i thought it was to kill mysterd in war jk

I thought it was more than that, about many giant graphic cards SLI'ed or Crossfire'd swallowing the world in an alternate universe loaded w/ alien-technology and nano-tech? ;)
booiees!!

Solar Flare Code Drop

Lucius    9QRW2-BT4JY-VEBE3

Luxor Evolved    3RGAR-9HZ2F-XT57D

Fortix     95XJ4-LRVPX-EJK6D

Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse    97P0T-46C5X-ZEWKZ

Solar Flare Code Drop

Lucius 9QRW2-BT4JY-VEBE3

Luxor Evolved 3RGAR-9HZ2F-XT57D

Fortix 95XJ4-LRVPX-EJK6D

Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse 97P0T-46C5X-ZEWKZ
I got Lucius, thank you very much for the drop Sunasun. First time in a long time I've been quick enough to grab a code. Btw, the others were already taken (not by me).

Solar Flare Code Drop

Lucius 9QRW2-BT4JY-VEBE3

Luxor Evolved 3RGAR-9HZ2F-XT57D

Fortix 95XJ4-LRVPX-EJK6D

Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse 97P0T-46C5X-ZEWKZ
Tried for Luxor, but it seems to have been snagged by lurkers. The biggest problem with that isn't the lurkers taking the code, it's lack of appreciation they're showing, to both the community, and the poster (in this case, sunasun).

So on behalf of all of the CAG regulars, and lurkers, thanks for the drops sunasun. Thanks to LN, and the rest of the community for past drops. Thanks to tebowdragon for amusing me. And thanks to Spoder, Mind Link, Solid Snake Eyes, and damn near every CAG who posts instead of lurks for keeping this place solid. Hopefully, this makes up for the lack of thanks you all get from the lurkers, and anyone else.

F*** a lurker. Say thanks. Have respect.

EDIT: Damn. Forgot Motoki, Cheaplikeafox, and MysterD in my ramblings, thanks, and name-dropping. Thank you guys, too. There. Is that everybody? Probably not.

Tried for Luxor, but it seems to have been snagged by lurkers. The biggest problem with that isn't the lurkers taking the code, it's lack of appreciation they're showing, to both the community, and the poster (in this case, sunasun).

So on behalf of all of the CAG regulars, and lurkers, thanks for the drops sunasun. Thanks to LN, and the rest of the community for past drops. Thanks to tebowdragon for amusing me. And thanks to Spoder, Mind Link, Solid Snake Eyes, and damn near every CAG who posts instead of lurks for keeping this place solid. Hopefully, this makes up for the lack of thanks you all get from the lurkers, and anyone else.

F*** a lurker. Say thanks. Have respect.
Count Burgula approves of and endorses this message.

The Blackwell Deception 5RXCM-INK3I-54MCZ

[customspoiler=Dark Fall: Lost Souls]RA5JC-FBKYK-IAMZY[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=The 39 Steps]048PJ-XT0LQ-V3K67[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=Dark Fall: Lost Souls]RA5JC-FBKYK-IAMZY[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=The 39 Steps]048PJ-XT0LQ-V3K67[/customspoiler]
I got Dark Fall (only because that's one I was reeeeally wanting, I'll stop now as 2 codes in a night is enough)

Thanks for the drop Neuro!

Damn. There was lots of love on here earlier. Props to all of the key droppers.

I've build up a nice little stash of Amazon credit. So Tony, I need something to spend it on because I already have Crysis 3. ;)

I was hoping for the Dead Space 3 DLC for Halloween. Hopefully I can get it cheap for either black Friday or x-mas. The DLC fits both of those themes in some way.

A lot of people have amazon credit sitting in there account, so it's better for them to buy from amazon instead. And others just like to buy from them over Steam for various reasons, so asking for a price match isn't anything unusual.
that and he was replying to a post from July

A lot of people have amazon credit sitting in there account, so it's better for them to buy from amazon instead. And others just like to buy from them over Steam for various reasons, so asking for a price match isn't anything unusual.
Yeah, some have Amazon credit, gift cards, and things like that.

Also, some might have Amazon Credit Cards - in which you get more points from when you buy directly from Amazon w/ that credit card - which you can then later can use to knock $ off a purchase. But usually, those points are only good on Physical Products that get shipped to you. I wish they'd implement this so I could use those Points on Amazon DVG products, too - of course, I been asking Tony and Amazon for this for YEARS, since Tony 1st began hitting CAG!

I always just use the points to apply a cash credit to the card..Technically this works out better than spending points directly, because you earn a few more points from spending that credit.

Also, some might have Amazon Credit Cards - in which you get more points from when you buy directly from Amazon w/ that credit card - which you can then later can use to knock $ off a purchase. But usually, those points are only good on Physical Products that get shipped to you. I wish they'd implement this so I could use those Points on Amazon DVG products, too - of course, I been asking Tony and Amazon for this for YEARS, since Tony 1st began hitting CAG!

that what i want sometime to get future gift cards for amazon heheh ccan we ut mysterd on amaozn i hheh hh

yet the point remains. Doesn't matter if it was from 1999.

I would say they did a good job answering your question. There are usually more advantages to buying steam keys from amazon then there are from buying directly from steam. Also the time of asking for the price match does matter depending on what promotions amazon is running at the time.

My body is so ready for all those credits i am going to earn by buying all the games that are on sale this month and then using those said credits the month after.

I have a place laid out for you tony,

Minus that last thing i was wondering Tony, How did that whole catalog requirement of Playstation Network and Xbox Live go. I would take a stab in the dark and say its not that important to amazon now with the next generation of consoles coming out. I still miss being able to buy digital content from amazon for consoles. You used to have your own sales, albeit slow with adding the content, but it used to be consistent. I asked you a few times, but i am not the type of person that pokes and prods you for results which i know would take time getting. I will settle for amazon selling more denominations of currency. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back