Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a crazy person, who'd pay $10 for a pizza?

The crowd wanting uPlay versions is a crowd of one.

You do realize this is the PCDD thread, and Tony is only in charge of the PCDD sales...
so true

But, MysterD has millions of personalities!
so ther only one body one human u gone insanee so quick then wouldnt there be million of evryone only crowd of three

uplay if it availb on steam i go steam need my steam too look good if ea games that wholle different story since ea is made upp of idiots they will never put it on steam tho i wish i had waited to buy crysis 3 complete this sale damn tony why you do this make lose money again nowi havee to be sad!

So any1 acutally enjoys updating games on uplay? Recently installed blacklist and after 5 restarts of the game I had new update to download each time,they didnt even bother converting bytes to megabytes.

3, actually. I'm trying to get some of the Uplay exclusive games, like NCIS.
4. Give me as few layers of DRM as possible. Especially if by having Uplay and Steam, it's locked out of any Steam-specific features like achievements or streaming.

Might as well just keep it on Uplay and simplify things since Ubisoft is not going to give up on Uplay.

Evil Betty said:
The other two keys were lurked... I just checked them out a minute ago after reading this post. (Saw the code drop earlier but nothing interested me). Still..thought you might wanna know.
thanks, poor lurkers got a couple pieces of shit added to their steam library, serves them right

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
So just to break up the deal talk real quick, would anyone want to take these off LN and my hands?

• Mirror's Edge Went to Sepioth
  • Brutal Legend Went to ObsidianSphere
  • Starvoid Went to Taylort3
  • F.E.A.R. 3 Went to SandofThyme
  • GTR FIA GT Racing
  • Satazius
  • Bioshock: Infinite
If so quote this post and shoot me a PM with the answer to this riddle (though honestly these are more logic puzzles than riddles):

A preschool teacher had everyone in her class close their eyes. While none of the students were looking, she slipped caps onto their heads and then said:
"OK, everyone, open your eyes and look at the hats all your friends are wearing. Whoever sees four or more people wearing red hats gets a red balloon, and whoever doesn't gets a blue balloon."
In a class of 10 children, only some of the kids got a red balloon. Knowing this, how many kids went home with a red balloon?
none, the class bully popped them all.
I'll take Bioshock: Infinite

iSerra said:
Tony, is there any chance of the Bioshock Dual Pack coming back? I know there is already a Bioshock triple pack right now but I already owned Bioshock Infinite. :whistle2:(
buy the triple pack and I'll give you $5 for bioshock infinite since you already have it. ;)

Edit
Indiegala thought it was wise that the bonus was a game I already have.
Hacker Evolution Duality
4FJ8J-E26CD-GC5KB

Where is everyone getting that Battlefield 4 is going to be on sale from? I don't see it on the spread sheet.

EDIT: was searching on Chrome's ctrl+F not Skydrive's. Any chance of BF4 premium going on sale?

Read through the thread and didn't see any mention of how you get confirmation that you have a $5 credit for January. Last year, I think I got an email every time. I just bought some dlc and didn't get any confirmation. Wasn't sure if dlc counted or not.

Tony, is there any chance of the Bioshock Dual Pack coming back? I know there is already a Bioshock triple pack right now but I already owned Bioshock Infinite. :whistle2:(
Try posting on the group buy thread (well that and you mentioned it here) -- I'm sure you can find someone who wants Bioshock 3 that would be willing to sell you the other two for cheap.

You know what I would love, a Far Cry 3 Deluxe + AC3 Deluxe bundle (Steam DRM) for $25 or less and call it the Deluxe Crying Assasin of My Wallet  :D

$15 for that bundle is unreal, considering this is Ubi. $20 would be sweet.
Meh...20 bucks could easily be met, it's already been confirmed that FC3 will be 7.50 on black friday. Ac3 has hit 13 on amazon before. All AC3 has to do is meet its historical Amazon low (it's been lower than 13 at other places) and it's pretty much at 20 right there. 15 would be unexpected, but not entirely shocking, either.

Don't need to announce things are lurked... it's a given a key will be gone within ~30 seconds of it being posted.
My bad, I didn't look at the time stamp. I should've figured it was gone by then...

Question for folks here, what time does AMZ flip the sale prices for the new day. I'm interested in picking up the Deluxe Unwritten Tales that starts tomorrow for $5, but didn't know what time the switch gets flipped.

TIA

Meh...20 bucks could easily be met, it's already been confirmed that FC3 will be 7.50 on black friday. Ac3 has hit 13 on amazon before. All AC3 has to do is meet its historical Amazon low (it's been lower than 13 at other places) and it's pretty much at 20 right there. 15 would be unexpected, but not entirely shocking, either.
Standard FC3 will be $7.50, not Deluxe. Same goes for AC3. $10 on that bundle, doable but not probable.

What I'd like to see is a FC3 Deluxe / AC3 Deluxe bundle :D

My local grocery store sells them .. they also have a Coinstar that you can use to cash in your change and turn into a Amazon voucher.

FYI: according to the spreadsheet, the following deals end today -

11/21/2013 11/23/2013 Painkiller Hell & Damnation Collector's Edition - 5.49 $5.49
11/22/2013 11/23/2013 Papo & Yo - 3.7475 $3.75
11/22/2013 11/23/2013 Papo & Yo (Game and Soundtrack Edition) - 4.2475 $4.25

Thoughts on any of these?

FYI: according to the spreadsheet, the following deals end today -

Thoughts on any of these?
Apparently the only painkiller game that's any good is painkiller black edition. Hell & Damnation has a 64 metascore

Papa & Yo was an alright game. You can certainly do worse for 3.75. If it's not at the top of your list though, hold off. It's been 3.75 like a gazillion times. Maybe at some point it'll get below that somehow

Was going to purchase a digital code for PSN Points. However Amazon wants me to put in a debit/credit card. I have neither of those all I use are Amazon Gift Cards.

Does anyone have a way around that? I could purchase a physical card or another Amazon GC. Though I really don't want too. 

So just to break up the deal talk real quick, would anyone want to take these off LN and my hands?

• Mirror's Edge Went to Sepioth
  • Brutal Legend Went to ObsidianSphere
  • Starvoid Went to Taylort3
  • F.E.A.R. 3 Went to SandofThyme
  • GTR FIA GT Racing
  • Satazius
If so quote this post and shoot me a PM with the answer to this riddle (though honestly these are more logic puzzles than riddles):

A preschool teacher had everyone in her class close their eyes. While none of the students were looking, she slipped caps onto their heads and then said:

"OK, everyone, open your eyes and look at the hats all your friends are wearing. Whoever sees four or more people wearing red hats gets a red balloon, and whoever doesn't gets a blue balloon."

In a class of 10 children, only some of the kids got a red balloon. Knowing this, how many kids went home with a red balloon?
I will take that GTR FIA GT Racing off your hands for you if still available. Gonna PM now.

Is the only 'Wallet' form Amazon has the Gift card thing? Figured I'd charge a single large amount on the CC rather than a bunch of small purchases but I don't get the impression that there's anything to directly charge your own account.

Still hoping for news about when Amazon will be listing it's BF console deals. My dear, poor, old, decrepit, crippled, disappointed mom doesn't want to go to Gamestop on Friday. :(

Holy cow, sale season this thread moves waaay too fast. XD

I bought 1 game so far, but there will be a ton more on the 29th. 

If a few people PM'd me with a Steam game they're wanting from the Amazon sales list, I might be tempted to buy it for them. (Please, under $20)
That's awfully nice of you, but I think what most die-hard CAG'ers want deep down are great once-in-a-lifetime deals, not presents. Think of women shopping for shoes...

If a few people PM'd me with a Steam game they're wanting from the Amazon sales list, I might be tempted to buy it for them. (Please, under $20)
Dang. As much as I'd love a game, I feel like I'd be taking advantage of that. Amazing offer you're bringing to the people though! Hope people enjoy their gifts :D

That's an amazing offer! :D

Are you like rich and loaded w/ $ or something?

You seem to drop amazing code-drops - even for somewhat expensive games!

Not only that - you do TONS and TONS of code-drops & giveaways as is!

Well geeze, that wasn't the reaction I was hoping for. I just figured, I get so many great deals through the year, that I'd want to give back a bit, especially for people who many not be able to get anything at all. 

I guess I'll just stick to code drops.

Anomaly L5FHG-QGT65-ZZ5FV

That's an amazing offer! :D

Are you like rich and loaded w/ $ or something?

You seem to drop amazing code-drops - even for somewhat expensive games!

Not only that - you do TONS and TONS of code-drops & giveaways as is!
Not rich at all. I just am a compulsive game shopper I guess. :p I like deals, and I like giving.

But definitely not rich.

Well geeze, that wasn't the reaction I was hoping for. I just figured, I get so many great deals through the year, that I'd want to give back a bit, especially for people who many not be able to get anything at all.

Hey, hey - you still can buy me some games when Amazon DVG sale begins! ;)

D ain't gonna say "no" to your generous offer. :p

EDIT:

Not rich at all. I just am a compulsive game shopper I guess. :p I like deals, and I like giving.

But definitely not rich.
That makes your drops, offers, and giveaway even more amazing. :D

I'll give you the reaction you were hoping for:

OMG SANTA CLAUS EXISTS!

Lol we don't mean to offend :) It's just too generous for some of us and code dropping/pm-ing is all we'd need. Sort of like following the "beggers can't be choosers" rule along with the "we are not worthy" comment. And yeah I don't speak for everyone. Someone surely would love your generosity and that's all I'm thankful for.

Somebody came up w/an idea earlier where the frequent CAGS should buy holiday gifts for each other. I like that idea, we raffle an everybody gets one person that they should buy something off their wishlist for or sum shit.

I'll give you the reaction you were hoping for:

OMG SANTA CLAUS EXISTS!
tell that to neuro he and eastr bunny says other wise

and ln i would but i feeel but ther not much that i want that is under 20 and sr4 i can wait and gete cheaper and som has too many dlc lollllllll acctiviiosn u suck dicks why no more than 50% off jeerks

Somebody came up w/an idea earlier where the frequent CAGS should buy holiday gifts for each other. I like that idea, we raffle an everybody gets one person that they should buy something off their wishlist for or sum shit.
I like this idea! I would be up for it. What's the spending limit, $5? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back