Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of a list/way to see which Steam games on Amazon are absolutely NA locked?

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, only because I'm too lazy to check, but i highly appreciate being able to purchase PCDD items from the mobile site. Thanks Tony!!!

Anyone know of a list/way to see which Steam games on Amazon are absolutely NA locked?
for sure dead island goty possibly di riptide rumor is metro last light that the first one yup second likely anyone brought it need to ask them third one it went on sale someeon bbrought it not remeber where it wasnt but got chnage

tho inversion is only north south central america.

for sure dead island goty possibly di riptide rumor is metro last light that the first one yup second likely anyone brought it need to ask them third one it went on sale someeon bbrought it not remeber where it wasnt but got chnage

tho inversion is only north south central america.
Thanks

Nice Legacy of Kain bundle! :whee:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJ1WR4G?tag=cheapassgam08-20

" This bundle includes the following titles:

• Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • How to Survive
  • Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
  • PAYDAY 2
  • TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre
  • Top Gun Hard Lock "
Uh...this is what I'm seeing:

4 Game Downloads in This Bundle

Customer Review

Download Size

If Bought Individually

[SIZE=.875em]1.[/SIZE] Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain [Online Game Code]
No reviews

3 KB

$6.99

[SIZE=.875em]2.[/SIZE] Legacy of Kain: Defiance [Online Game Code]
No reviews

3 KB

$6.99

[SIZE=.875em]3.[/SIZE] Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 [Online Game Code]
5.0 out of 5 stars (1)

3 KB

$6.99

[SIZE=.875em]4.[/SIZE] Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver [Online Game Code]
No reviews

3 KB

$6.99

Note: Download time for each game varies based on download size and your internet connection. After purchase, you can download these items again from Your Games Library.
Total Individual Price: $27.96
Bundle Price: $24.99

Well i wanted to know if there will be a sale to Dark Souls at Christmas or near it. I wanted to grab that game for a while and i think it's the time to do so. (as it's not on the bf/cm deals).

Well i wanted to know if there will be a sale to Dark Souls at Christmas or near it. I wanted to grab that game for a while and i think it's the time to do so. (as it's not on the bf/cm deals).
Don't forget it has GFWL. There has yet been no announcements that they will be patching that out, so it's something to be aware of.

Should I buy NFSMW or it is better to buy it on winter sale? I will play it on a couple weeks if I buy it now. But I don't know if it's one of those games which rarely goes on sale

Kind of tempted to buy some games for the credit, but I cant think of 2013 games that might become Editor's Choice that I want. Bioshock Inf and Payday 2?

• How to Survive
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Top Gun Hard Lock "
I am actually pretty interested in this imaginary bundle... mostly for Brothers, Payday2 & Takedown. (I already bought Marlow when it was on sale a few weeks back).

I am actually pretty interested in this imaginary bundle... mostly for Brothers, Payday2 & Takedown. (I already bought Marlow when it was on sale a few weeks back).
I want brothers + how to survive

Payday2 is perfect because it's one of those games I'm moderately interested in, but not enough to spend money on for it's own

The rest are going into the trading thread

Can't wait to pretend this is happening and act like I'm buying it so I can imagine I'm playing these games

Should I buy NFSMW or it is better to buy it on winter sale? I will play it on a couple weeks if I buy it now. But I don't know if it's one of those games which rarely goes on sale
At $5 I don't think it will go cheaper this year. That is my guess at least. I thought the game was a lot of fun personally and well worth $5. My biggest complaint about the game is how up front and in your face the "missing" parts of the game are or in other words the DLC you didn't buy.

• How to Survive
  • PAYDAY 2
  • Top Gun Hard Lock "
lmafo payday 2 and how to survive i take rest give to friends is most of this 505 games publish?

yup funny tony u might want to fix thati

I would buy that bundle. Make it so!
i think this possible a futur bundl on amazon during winter sale maybe? it mostly 505 games

505 games yo i wonder future amazon bundle

I want brothers + how to survive

Payday2 is perfect because it's one of those games I'm moderately interested in, but not enough to spend money on for it's own

The rest are going into the trading thread

Can't wait to pretend this is happening and act like I'm buying it so I can imagine I'm playing these games
how to survie and payday 2

I don't know about you - but last night, I bought it for $5 + tax. It's definitely BY FAR the cheapest we've seen ALL of its content been so far (NFS: MW bundle w/ everything is $12.49 or so; NFS: MW base game is $4.99; NFS: MW Deluxe DLC is $6.29; NFS: MW Complete DLC is $7.39) - according to IsThereAnyDeal. I don't know if it'll get this cheap again, for some time - uncertain.

I think this NFS: Most Wanted (2012) game also really depends on if you'd like a mix of NFS games (cops always chasing you in races and also when just cruising the game-worlds, where we also have NFS types & styles of races to do) + Burnout Paradise (open-world racer - where there's plenty of collectibles and billboards to smash when you aren't doing a specific race). This is what this game feels like, if you took some of the things in each of those 2 games, threw it in a blender, and well - just see what happens. Oh, and you also a few new things into the mix, as well - I'll get to that. If this sounds like it'll be up your alley - this game's probably going to be worth your $5.

And now, details on the game & my thoughts....

CLICK SPOILER TAG to read them...

Anybody looking for a true-blue sequel / reboot to that NFS: Most Wanted 2005 racer by Black Box w/ a hilarious purposely-cheesy, hammy, & played over-the-top w/ slick FMV's - yeah, this ain't it. Sorry, guys - you might want to go back to NFS: Most Wanted 2005, Carbon, and Undercover for a NFS game w/ an actual attempt at a story w/ some characters + personality.

If you're looking to earn $ for racing and buy pieces of new equipment for your cars and tune the hell out of them like crazy to suit your own will, wants, and needs - yeah, this ain't it. You get specific upgrades to your car depending on where you place in specific races and events - which are all really tailored for each car. And you can enable or disable these, at your own will - once you've earned them.

A LOT of cars are littered throughout the game-world in what are called "JackSpots." Cars you find will always be there in that spot. When in the game-world, you can jump from your car into a car in a JackSpot. Very useful for ditching cops looking for a specific car. You don't have a garage, either - you just can get cars from their JackSpot and use the EasyDrive Menus at any time to do those type of things. The EasyDrive in-game menu makes it very easy for you to find races, challenges, upgrade cars, and do anything of that sort. I ain't seen all the race types yet, I don't think - but some of them that I've seen do involve straight-up racing against other AI (whether it's one-longer race or a race w/ multiple laps); going through checkpoints to beat a certain time from the AI; racing an average speed for the entire race (i.e. don't crash or stop your car, or you'll really screw-up your time); have to get away from the cops in a certain amount of time (Ambush races); etc etc. Cars will take damage, so just like Burnout Paradise, when you find a repair shop, go to it...boom, all repaired!

Playing online w/ AutoLog is pretty cool here. In the game's main campaign mode, the Most Wanted List from MW 2005 returns - but really, it's only here to get you new rides and SpeedPoints (experience points). You have at least 10 AI opponents on the List you'll have to take down in whatever the challenge/race is. There's no characters, story, or anything of the sort here - so, this kind of is a bummer; especially for a game labeled w/ the Most Wanted brand on it. On the other hand - you might have more than the 10 AI opponents on the list. If you have a Friend on Origin and they have a better score than a MW AI character, you'll see them on your Most Wanted List, as well - and have to also take them down! Also, AutoLog will give you events to earn experience - and if you want, you can take on your Friend's time or score on a certain race or event. I haven't touched competitive multiplayer modes yet - so, I can't speak yet on that.

And now, we get to the most annoying aspect of the game - the way $DLC is handled in-game to non-owners of those $DLC's. Gamers who really like the game might later on want to buy the Complete DLC Pack when it gets cheap, just so they can avoid these annoyances - and of course, to have more content, too. When in the game-world, if you find a car in a JackSpot and you go up to the car - it might say "Go To Store" by hitting a certain key. They're trying to sell you DLC via Origin. On the mini-map, you'll a symbol for a $DLC car once you find it - it'll be one of the symbols for the $DLC's. What the game probably should've done is either two things: in the distance, just mark the car overhead w/ the DLC symbol so we know we can't touch it until we buy the DLC; or better yet just NOT show the $DLC JackSpots at all until you actually buy the DLC. Nothing's more annoying them in a situation where you're about to Jack a car on the JackSpot - especially if you're in the middle of being chased by the cops or close to being busted, and you run up to a JackSpot that happens to be $DLC that you can't even access b/c you don't own the $DLC! The $DLC game-areas (like the Airport for Terminal Velocity) are X'ed off w/ NFS-type of walls you'd find in their races and whatnot - and they just can't be accessed, if you don't own the $DLC. At least, you can see that you can't access this area before you get near it, unlike the $DLC JackSpots. If you get close to the wall of X's, you can then hit the button to "Go To Store" and buy the DLC to access the areas, if you so desire.

The game is downbright beautiful to look at technically w/ tons of detail in the cars and game-world - but, it is all at a major-major cost. Performance on my PC (i7 950 @ 3.06 Ghz quad-core with 8 threads; 8 GB of RAM; 1 GB of GeForce GTX 560 Ti; Win 7 64-bit) has been all over the freaking place. Seriously, framerates on High settings w/ some stuff off (SSAO was off) would be anywhere from 30 to 60 frames per seconds, at any moment w/ the drop of a hat. You'll notice and feel the framerate drops, as the game will feel less smooth & stutter for a moment, when it does. It was driving me crazy, 'til I found settings it could tolerate. It took me actually turning ON more graphics features (SSAO on) just to get the framerate to get more stable and stick around the 40-50 frames per second ballpark consistently - Seriously, WTH? Maybe this erratic framerate problem for NFS: MW 2012 is exactly why they decided to set the framerate to be locked to 30 FPS for NFS: Rivals? As much as many PC gamers might not like that idea of locking to 30 frames in NFS: Rivals, besides the Auto-Log reason - maybe this is their solution to the erratic framerate problem and one other reason they went this route?

So, there's my thoughts so far. I do want & need to play this game some more.

EDIT:

Despite my problems, complaints, and issues w/ the game, if you ever wanted to play a NFS game mixed w/ Burnout Paradise and also toss in few new things thrown into the mix - I don't think you can go too wrong for $5. It's certainly good, at the very least. So far, it's certainly MUCH better than NFS: The Run, in most regards (except for characters & story - since NFS: MW 2012 doesn't even aim for this). I need to give this game more time, to see if I will wind-up liking it more than some of the other NFS games that I really liked/loved - namely (those NFS games that I liked/loved are) NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010, NFS: Most Wanted 2005, and NFS: Carbon.

This is actually a good catch...just looked them all up, they were all either developed or published by 505 games.

Maybe it is a future bundle then?
wel that must be plan now i might have to think bout buying it llol payday 2 cause it prolly be 10-15 bucks tho only two of them want reest i give to friend

wel that must be plan now i might have to think bout buying it llol payday 2 cause it prolly be 10-15 bucks tho only two of them want reest i give to friend
I don't know about that. Payday 2, Marlow Briggs, Brothers, and How to Survive are all pretty new games. If this were released soon, I could see it easily going for at least 20 or 25, maybe even 30. If you want payday 2 I'd just buy it now.

I don't know about that. Payday 2, Marlow Briggs, Brothers, and How to Survive are all pretty new games. If this were released soon, I could see it easily going for at least 20 or 25, maybe even 30. If you want payday 2 I'd just buy it now.
yea i know hh but isnt marlow brother how to sruvi not big while payday 2 is prolly th best

That was such a huge ass wall of text for an interwebs forum that my eyes and brain just explodeded.

Informative, though. :)
I'll edit that post and Spoiler tag the detailed parts of it up, for those who want to read it.

If they want to read, they can just click on "SPOILER."

Give me a few moments to do so.

EDIT:

Okay, done.

Hey Tony,

Emerald City Confidential is listed in the spreadsheet at $1.69, but it's currently priced at $6.99.

Also, is there any chance to get Steam keys for it in addition to a direct download option?  I already have it, but I know a lot of CAGs are Wadjet Eye fans, and Playfirst seems to have given up on discounting all of its games on Steam.

Thanks! 

Tony,

Trying to round out my xmas list. :)

Any chance for Eador: Masters of the Broken World to get a sale? Or Agarest: Generations of War? Steam copies for both, if possible--you currently list neither as downloadable titles, for some reason. :(

I'm not sure if you are referring to Amazon or Steam's winter sale, but I don't expect it will be cheaper on Amazon and definitely not Origin (it's an EA game, so not on Steam just in case you didn't realize) in only a few weeks.

Agreed. I just use paypal now.
On Amazon? :error:

I'm not sure if you are referring to Amazon or Steam's winter sale, but I don't expect it will be cheaper on Amazon and definitely not Origin (it's an EA game, so not on Steam just in case you didn't realize) in only a few weeks.

On Amazon? :error:
Whoops. Don't know what I was thinking durr.

I use paypal for errythang except I guess Amazon.

Anyone else notice Caesar III in the sales list? it's apparently drm-free. Doesn't look like Amazon has the other games in the series like Zeus or my favorite Pharaoh.

Also, Has it been established if buying a DLC gives you the $5 coupon? do you get the email right away?

Tony,

thanks for adding some of the older games into Amazon - please keep 'em coming. How about steam keys for king's quest and space quest??

thanks

So Amazon already has Skyrim LE for 29.99. Disc-only, for some odd reason. You'd think it would drop to $20 on BF or CM...but it's hard to say. I love that the digital sales have all the info we're getting, but wish console and physical sales were communicated as well. :(

So Amazon already has Skyrim LE for 29.99. Disc-only, for some odd reason. You'd think it would drop to $20 on BF or CM...but it's hard to say. I love that the digital sales have all the info we're getting, but wish console and physical sales were communicated as well. :(
There's this calendar. There's also an entire thread for Amazon's upcoming sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back