Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
There's this calender. There's also an entire thread for Amazon's upcoming sales.
The calendar is absolutely useless because it doesn't list prices. The approach Amazon is taking for game sales basically is set up for CAGs and doesn't allow for planning at all. For somebody who is trying to come up with a list of presents for other people to get him (like me--I provide my family with direct links to the things I want, and I keep the prices because I have a general idea of how much they'll be spending) this kind of approach is very frustrating. Even if I were buying games for others I would find this just as annoying due to the inability to plan out my purchases.

Right now there are specific things I'd like bought for me for xmas--Tales of Xillia, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD, and PS+. For whatever reason all the big stores (Amazon included) have completely flubbed their approaches to online-only shoppers. Right now you have to show up at Gamestop or Walmart or Best Buy at the B&M in order to get good game and electronic deals; it may be that Amazon ends up having better prices, but with the lack of announcements ahead of time there's no way to plan your shopping accordingly and so you're stuck either going out and trying to grab it locally or hoping that Amazon or another online retailer will deliver something equivalent to the sure-thing B&M (which is much more of a pain in the ass.)

So...yes, I'm aware of what's been announced for Amazon's BF sales. The communication is extremely poor, to the point of completely worthless IMO, compared to their PC digital sales pricing communication.

Amazon bugs the crap out of me. What's the point of saving my card info if I need to type it in for every digital purchase. :bomb:
Yeah I get the same issue ...

This is what it says ...

Enter how you'd like to pay below.
This will be your 1-Click payment method for digital item purchases. You can change this setting later in Your Account. Any gift card or promotional balances will be automatically applied to your order before attempting to charge your card.

Please note that checking accounts cannot be used as a payment option for digital games and software downloads at this time.
Yet I have had to enter it several times in the last few days.

When I go to my account it has my correct card clearly listed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nigtp7d3oihd120/amazon%20CC%20info.png

So can maybe Tony explain this or pass this issue on to get it fixed cause clearly it's some sort of bug.

I too would like to have a Tomb Raider GoL complete bundle.  I'll settle for the the game alone but it would be nice for complete.

Side note; why can't I quote or copy and paste anything on this site anymore?

I do that too. It's the only stupid Tomb Raider game not called Tomb Raider. Why couldn't it be called Tomb Raider: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light?
They considered it a spinoff or something since the gameplay was different.

Either way I only want it complete. I don't feel like Tomb Raiding DLC. I'd rather just fall down a pit and not continue. Thankfully tebow will write my will so nobody will understand how to get my stuff heh AJ Lee own* u

*own=Oprah Winfrey Network

They considered it a spinoff or something since the gameplay was different.

Either way I only want it complete. I don't feel like Tomb Raiding DLC. I'd rather just fall down a pit and not continue. Thankfully tebow will write my will so nobody will understand how to get my stuff heh AJ Lee own* u

*own=Oprah Winfrey Network
oh reealy how muccch u paying me boy

I too would like to have a Tomb Raider GoL complete bundle. I'll settle for the the game alone but it would be nice for complete.

The DLC is pretty cheap during sales, and the game has been $2-2.49 pretty often.. I think the total cost of the game + DLC during sales would've been around $5. I know a complete bundle would be more convenient, but it's not really needed for this game.

Also, I think challenge pack 2 and costume pack 1 are free to begin with, or used to be. I know I got them free when I activated the key that I bought from Amazon ages ago.

11/29/2013    12/2/2013    Paradox Action Pack - 5.99    $5.99
11/29/2013    12/2/2013    Paradox Grand Strategy Pack - 14.99    $14.99 

Any idea what is going to be included in these packs?

11/29/2013 12/2/2013 Paradox Action Pack - 5.99 $5.99
11/29/2013 12/2/2013 Paradox Grand Strategy Pack - 14.99 $14.99

Any idea what is going to be included in these packs?
paradox has action games what? and gran prolly hoi ck eeuropa victoria any game that is pain stragety

previously bundled garbage?
yup

Action and grand strategy titles

Probably from paradox
lol yes and jenna haze spank and slap

Regurgitated bundle leftovers.
yup mns leftovere nuts

and nice new avatar but mns

A gopher wearing a red beret.
oh realy i hard a angry birds

Anyone else notice Caesar III in the sales list? it's apparently drm-free. Doesn't look like Amazon has the other games in the series like Zeus or my favorite Pharaoh.
I'm tempted to get it, even though I have the actual CD of that game from AGES ago. It's a really good game. Or at least it was when I first got it. Time sometimes isn't kind to games like that though.

Toe-Knee, will Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light have a complete package that includes the DLC?

I too would like to have a Tomb Raider GoL complete bundle. I'll settle for the the game alone but it would be nice for complete.

I have an extra copy of the game (just the game, as far as I'm aware) on Steam if anyone wants it. Just PM me your email address and I'll send it over..

EDIT: 60fps snatched it.

I'm tempted to get it, even though I have the actual CD of that game from AGES ago. It's a really good game. Or at least it was when I first got it. Time sometimes isn't kind to games like that though.
I still have Caesar 3 installed from my old CD version. Pharaoh/Cleopatra and Zeus added a lot of things to the series and got rid of some of the annoyances in C3, but it's still a ton of fun if you like city-builders. Honestly, I still like it better than newer games like Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome (which are both pretty good).

Anyone else notice Caesar III in the sales list? it's apparently drm-free. Doesn't look like Amazon has the other games in the series like Zeus or my favorite Pharaoh.

Also, Has it been established if buying a DLC gives you the $5 coupon? do you get the email right away?

Tony,

thanks for adding some of the older games into Amazon - please keep 'em coming. How about steam keys for king's quest and space quest??

thanks
Sim Farm! Please make it so, Tony. I'll definitely be picking up Caesar 3.

I would like to have that too.  While I'm at it, Cursed Mountain and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 :)

EDIT: Was referring to someone's question about Burnout Paradise DLC being on sale.  Why can't I quote!?

BF4 just $29 on deal(I'm already have.)

Permuim still $49 and not discount? That I mean.
yeah, $79 for bf4 and premium isn't really a discount for those of us already with BF4.

Origin will probably have some stuff on sale, maybe theyll discount premium, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Lol. Really? xD One game I am waiting for and I miss it by 1 day, that's awesome.....

Edit: That never was in the list I think. Crap, I feel awful. -__-
Yeah, it got added last minute. Tony initially reported that the BF deal was going to run this weekend, then it got moved to Thursday/Friday so they ran MW instead.

I picked it up yesterday. It was 4.99 and then 7.39 for the ultimate DLC pack. Good deal, IMO.

Yeah, it got added last minute. Tony initially reported that the BF deal was going to run this weekend, then it got moved to Thursday/Friday so they ran MW instead.

I picked it up yesterday. It was 4.99 and then 7.39 for the ultimate DLC pack. Good deal, IMO.
Sad :( Any idea if the deal will be back during x-mas or january sales? Tony? Or does someone have a spare copy of it I can buy back? I had to deal with family things over the weekend, I come back now and I see the deal is gone, lol. Quite frustrating.

Is there any chance of the Arkham Origins Season pass going on sale or just the base game?  Also curious about the possibility of Injustice, but that wasn't addressed earlier, so I assume that's a no-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back