Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
LN3000 said:
Hey, this isn't the tech support thread, it's the "Amazon DVG games and LN3000 key drop" thread!
ummmm, what about Sunasun DVG Enterprises' key drops?

pasports31 said:
To the right type of people, I'm sure watching dogs hump is pretty erotic. [customspoiler 'blah blah blah']But they probably wouldn't be looking to this game to get their kicks.

I think they may have been...hey...hey you! ZIP THOSE PANTS BACK UP RIGHT NOW. DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T HAVE A BATHROOM

You should try redeeming on steam I bet it'll work there ;)[/customspoiler]
Now up for Greenlight voting on Steam
Red Rocket: The Story of a Boy and his Dog.

Is Dark Souls worth it though? like, whats it similar to?
Dark SOuls is absolutely worth it.

Hard to say what it's similar to, it's a very unique game. If I had to classify the genre, I'd say it's an action-adventure RPG. Very very very combat heavy, a lot of secrets, which means it lends itself well to exploration. If you get into the lore, the backstory, etc is pretty fun to get into. Mysterious story that you can pay either a lot of attention to and pour over for hours on end via lore videos and forums or pay absolutely no attention to at all. I'm sure what you've heard most about Dark Souls is that it's difficult...it is, but if you take your time and don't do anything stupid/rash, it eases up a bit. You also have to learn to pick up on enemy patterns. There's a zillion different weapons you can use, all of which come with a variety of movesets; different weapons have different weights to them, as well, so a bigger weapon may do larger base damage, but it's slower. There are different builds you can make (sorcerer, cleric, pure warrior, etc). All of this means you can play and beat the game, then start a new character w/a different build, so the combat will feel completely different. Again, I don't think I've ever played a game quite anything like Dark Souls, so it's hard to make comparisons. Also, it's a pretty long game your first playthrough. Before you get to know the levels, enemies, bosses, etc, it'll take a long time for you to beat the game. Between the different builds you can make, all the secrets the game has, new game + mode, and PvP, there's a pretty high initial replay value for the game. All in all, it's definitely worth six bucks.

god damn, they should just give dark souls away at this point. Im so sick of this game going on sale lol. doesnt everyone who had wanted it have it by now????
I didn't until today. Finances and a huge backlog had kept me from picking it up before.

------

Since I'm posting for the first time here, I think it's time to clear out some duplicate codes I have.

All activate on Origin. Good luck and enjoy:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box GONE

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
58KT-N8EK-VL47-4CZP-RW6Y

Dead Space
9RM5-G66X-S4C4-5PVZ-CR8Q

Medal Of Honor
BRPP-BGUK-BZWU-3MAN-DHYV

Mirror's Edge
38FF-6MVM-7RAB-GWSR-US24

Hard to say what it's similar to, it's a very unique game. If I had to classify the genre, I'd say it's an action-adventure RPG. Very very very combat heavy, a lot of secrets, which means it lends itself well to exploration. If you get into the lore, the backstory, etc is pretty fun to get into. Mysterious story that you can pay either a lot of attention to and pour over for hours on end via lore videos and forums or pay absolutely no attention to at all. I'm sure what you've heard most about Dark Souls is that it's difficult...it is, but if you take your time and don't do anything stupid/rash, it eases up a bit. You also have to learn to pick up on enemy patterns. There's a zillion different weapons you can use, all of which come with a variety of movesets; different weapons have different weights to them, as well, so a bigger weapon may do larger base damage, but it's slower. There are different builds you can make (sorcerer, cleric, pure warrior, etc). All of this means you can play and beat the game, then start a new character w/a different build, so the combat will feel completely different. Again, I don't think I've ever played a game quite anything like Dark Souls, so it's hard to make comparisons. Also, it's a pretty long game your first playthrough. Before you get to know the levels, enemies, bosses, etc, it'll take a long time for you to beat the game. Between the different builds you can make, all the secrets the game has, new game + mode, and PvP, there's a pretty high initial replay value for the game. All in all, it's definitely worth six bucks.
Dude, ever hear of line breaks?

god damn, they should just give dark souls away at this point. Im so sick of this game going on sale lol. doesnt everyone who had wanted it have it by now????
No, I don't have it yet and am interested.

Is Dark Souls worth it though? like, whats it similar to?
Dark Souls is a hardcore-style 3rd-person action-style RPG.

Take everything you've learned from games in the past decade or two....and pretty much, throw it out the window. For this game - just unlearn that stuff NOW. Dark Souls is the hardest game that I've played in this decade or two or so. It's brutal - and a hardcore gamer's dream...and nightmare. Casual gamers likely should not even apply. Casual gamers might want some experience and easier games behind them, before they even touch something like this. But, when you defeat a mini-boss or especially a big boss, know this - it is the most rewarding thing in gaming, to know you've defeated a boss in this game. Nothing is more satisfying in this game than those very few seconds & moments of bliss.

For more details on this game, click SPOILER below....

The game-world itself, the lore, and everything is namely for those who are really paying attention - everything in this game is purposely laid out. It's done often in a very subtle manner - often telling you a story by the way things are laid own in pictures, what's going on in the game-world. Often, it can feel like a game-area is a painting, where w/ how it's laid out can tell you exactly how a certain character died and whatnot. Don't expect many cut-scenes at all. Don't expect much dialogue - there is some, but often it's not straight to the point. You'll have to infer things or figure out what's being said. This is a game, first and foremost. This game does NOT hold your hand much - even in the tutorial level. You will learn how to play this game mostly from dying and repeating areas, over and over. There's no mini-map - you will have to learn the game-world and its secrets. And even if you don't want to learn areas, you will - b/c you'll repeat them so many times. Enemies and bosses often do have patterns - learn them. If not, well - prepare to die, again and again. Even though this is a very big game - this feels like them old Nintendo games where it's easy to learn, but incredibly difficult to master b/c you'll have to replay things over and over to master a level.

When you reach a bonfire (AKA save checkpoint) - and ALL of the enemies within the area respawn. If you die, you get sent back to a bonfire. Bonfires are also where you level-up. When you die - you lose all your souls. You have to get back to the place where you lost them to get them back - or if you die again before you get there, consider them gone forever. Souls are your currency for EVERYTHING - leveling-up; upgrading equipment; buying stuff at shops; etc etc.

Know how you like to run in most games and be very aggressive in combat? Don't do that here. Walk slowly. If you have a shield - walk with it raised. Combat's extremely precise - every swing and attack you take or counter on your enemy matters. Don't treat it as such - expect to be caught off-guard and get hurt badly. Don't get hit from behind or wide-open. Do this - expect to be massively damaged or hurt. Most weapons feel much different from each other - even if they're in the same class; and especially even more so true when they're of a different type. Don't expect a halberd to swing and move like a one-handed sword does. Don't expect a two-handed sword to move even like a one-handed sword. Axes feel different, as well - you get the picture.

Online play is unique. When you play online, when someone dies, they leave a "BloodStain." Touch a stain - and you can see exactly how they died. Also, players might leave notes on the ground (if they find or buy these items), which giving you advice on how to play, what is coming up, etc etc - or they might straight-up lie and screw you over. You'll find out - and it's likely the hard way.

If you gain Humanity and kindle yourself, you can then use this to get chances at better equipment and it give you the player some boosts. But when you do this, these leaves your game open for invasions from other players - so they can take your Humanity. You might even have chances, when Kindled, to have other players help you and join you - like for say a Boss battle. Or you can find AI in-game, that might even help you in an area or Boss battle.

There a plenty of different builds for you to explore. And don't be surprised if you come up w/ a crappy build for your character on your first go around. I'm still on my 1st play-through - I'm over 70 hours into this insane game, only making my way to Sen's Fortress.

Currently, this game uses G4WL - so unfortunately, we're stuck w/ that...for now. You really do need a X360 controller or some kind of PC controller to play this. KB/mouse is terribly clunky and just flat-out terrible for this game - this feels like a console game, for sure. This game was not ported that well to the PC - as it lacks many graphical options and resolutions PC gamers are accustomed to. It's a very basic port. You'll be stuck in 1024x768 or lower, by default - IIRC. You will need Durante's DSFix to do higher-resolution unlocking (for like say 1920x1080) and to be able use and graphical enhancements and bells & whistles. DSFix does support a way to unlock the framerate that's capped at 30 frames per sec right up to 60 - but keep in mind, that does mess with the game's EXE a bit and could be considered hacking/cheating and result in a G4WL/XBL ban. I haven't heard many - if any - get banned for using framerate unlocker feature, but you might wanna be aware of this, just in case. And it's known, the combat gets less precise unlocked at 60 frames b/c they built this game, its animations, and combat hard-coded heavily to 30 frames per sec.

Some advice - turn SSAO off in Durante's config files, if you get major framerates dips - especially in areas w/ big bosses and w/ lots of special effects going on in there (like smoke, lava, fire, etc). Those areas can cut your framerate from 30 frames per second into half to 15 frames per second - or even into slide-show type of single digit areas!

There you go. There's some of my thoughts on this amazing game. And this certainly doesn't cover everything I have to say on this game. I could keep going - but, I'll just stop here.

Rad! Thanks for the explanation! I'm not sure if I can put that much time into a brand new game haha. At the moment I'm messing around on Far Cry 3, just finished Black Flag, and now just reinstalled WoW because of the boredom. But, I'm on season 8 of Dexter and once I'm done with that I might have too much free time so maybe I will pick it up and get it a go!

Tony,

Repost 'cause I think you missed it a few days back:

Hey Tony,

Emerald City Confidential is listed in the spreadsheet at $1.69, but it's currently priced at $6.99.

Also, is there any chance to get Steam keys for it in addition to a direct download option? I already have it, but I know a lot of CAGs are Wadjet Eye fans, and Playfirst seems to have given up on discounting all of its games on Steam.

Thanks!

On my Amazon (Steam key) temptation list for tomorrow...

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition - ($19.99) $9.99

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ - ($9.99) $4.99

RIDGE RACER Unbounded - ($19.99) $4.99

Sniper Elite V2 - Kill Hitler DLC Pack - ($7.99) $2.39

Star Trek - ($19.99) $4.99

I'm probably going to hold out on Enslaved though. Anyone else feeling tempted on those?

Edit: Amazon does list the Star Trek MSRP at $19.99 but it's $5 off right now making it $14.99. So I suppose Steam and Amazon have the same MSRP right now before the sale kicks in tomorrow.

I'm probably going to hold out on Enslaved though. Anyone else feeling tempted on those?
I kinda want Star Trek, but I hear it's mainly only worth playing in co-op (which I don't do much of). I sorta want Enslaved, but having played it on PS3 already I'm waiting for -75%, same with Pac-Man. Ridge Racer is the only one I could really see myself buying now, but I've got other racers so it isn't anything I'm dying to pick up.

So in short, I should be safe again from pre-winter sale buys.

Can't say any of those strike my fancy, but Enslaved and star trek look interesting. What list is this from?

Not really, only one of those is 75% off, so the CAG in me would hold off on them. Already got Sniper Elite for 1.99 on Steam, and bought Ridge Racer ages ago. Amazon's MSRP for Star Trek is too high, Steam's is $14.99. The Ridge Racer Unbounded complete pack has been cheap frequently. If you don't care about the DLC, that's not a bad deal though. Enslaved will be 75% off soon enough. The game is short and doesn't have much replay value, so I'd wait for it to hit $5.

I want enslaved but I'll wait for a deal on Steam store. I assume it'd go at least that low in the upcoming sales and I have $75 credit on there to use up. Considering Star Trek due to dat low ass price, but maybe I'll get that from Steam too.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm just tempted by the games and the sale prices tend to rope one in for a closer look. It mainly comes down to one question, will you play it now or backlog? As these prices will pop up again in the not too distant future undoubtedly.

I try to buy Dark Souls PTDE and for some reason amazon asks me to type in my credit card info again, which doesnt make sense because i have my info saved so i dont HAVE to type it in.... anyways my wallet is in my car, so i go to get it.... come back and its 11:01 and when I click buy, the 5.99 suddenly changes to $29.99

i almost bought it in the summer sale but knew i could get it cheaper (i think it was $15)...

ugh, stupid amazon, why would i suddenly have to type in my CC info if its clearly saved under my active payment options... and i figured MAYBE the sale would end at midnight, not 11pm (pacific time)

anyone have a code that theyd like to sell/trade/donate?? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee PM me

or i guess i shall wait til thursday/friday and see what amazon/steam has up for sale

Edit: Amazon does list the Star Trek MSRP at $19.99 but it's $5 off right now making it $14.99. So I suppose Steam and Amazon have the same MSRP right now before the sale kicks in tomorrow.
I really want enslaved, but no way am I buying it for 10bucks/only 50% off.

I try to buy Dark Souls PTDE and for some reason amazon asks me to type in my credit card info again, which doesnt make sense because i have my info saved so i dont HAVE to type it in.... anyways my wallet is in my car, so i go to get it.... come back and its 11:01 and when I click buy, the 5.99 suddenly changes to $29.99

i almost bought it in the summer sale but knew i could get it cheaper (i think it was $15)...

ugh, stupid amazon, why would i suddenly have to type in my CC info if its clearly saved under my active payment options... and i figured MAYBE the sale would end at midnight, not 11pm (pacific time)

anyone have a code that theyd like to sell/trade/donate?? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee PM me

or i guess i shall wait til thursday/friday and see what amazon/steam has up for sale
Dat suckss yo...but I wouldn't be surprised to see it at this price again sometime soon. It had hit 7.50 a bunch of times, it was only a matter of time before it dropped below that. Even if it doesn't hit six bucks in the Steam sale, it'll undoubtedly bet at 7.50, which is more than a reasonable price for it.

Here's a funny video on Star Trek. I'm still thinking of picking up the game. I've heard a lot of the bugs have been ironed out and I don't see it going for much less than $5 during the Steam sale (plus I'd get another coupon).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ2X8PHAI6Y#t=113

It's to verify that you're the one buying it because it's a digital item that can't be returned and could be bought by anyone who gained access to your account until they spent all your money with little recourse against them.

I grabbed Star Trek for $5 and now I am a happy panda :D

////Until I see it for $1 bundled in HIB with a ton of other games. But oh well.

The following deals end today (11/27)

*warning: big wall of unformatted text*

ALICE: MADNESS RETURNS THE COMPLETE COLLECTION - 7.49

ALICE: MADNESS RETURNS THE COMPLETE COLLECTION - 7.49

BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2 ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 8.99

BULLETSTORM - 4.99

BULLETSTORM - 4.99

Burning Hot Bundle  - 5.99

CRYSIS 2 MAXIMUM - 7.49

CRYSIS 2 MAXIMUM - 7.49

CRYSIS MAXIMUM - 7.49

Dead Island Franchise Pack (GOTY, Riptide + DLCs) - 33.49

Dead Island Game of the Year Edition  - 9.99

Dead Island Riptide  - 19.99

Dead Island Riptide: Fashion Victim DLC  - 1.33

Dead Island Riptide: Survivor Pack DLC  - 3.33

DEAD SPACE - 4.99

DEAD SPACE - 4.99

DEAD SPACE 2 - 4.99

DEAD SPACE 2 - 4.99

Have Faith Bundle  - 4.99

Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle  - 8.49

MASS EFFECT - 4.99

MASS EFFECT - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 2 - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 2 - 4.99

MASS EFFECT 2 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION - 7.49

MASS EFFECT 2 DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION - 7.49

MASS EFFECT 3 - 6.99

MASS EFFECT 3 - 6.99

MASS EFFECT 3 DIGITAL DELUXE - 9.99

MASS EFFECT 3 DIGITAL DELUXE - 9.99

MEDAL OF HONOR ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 8.99

Medal of Honor Warfighter pack (Game + DLC)  - 7.49

Risen  - 4.99

Risen 2 : Dark Waters  - 9.99

Risen 2 Bundle  - 14.99

Risen 2: Dark Waters - A Pirate's Clothes DLC  - 1.49

Risen 2: Dark Waters - The Air Temple DLC  - 4.99

Risen 2: Dark Waters - Treasure Isle DLC  - 4.99

Risen Franchise Pack - 19.99

Sacred 2 Gold  - 9.99

Sacred Citadel  - 7.49

Sacred Citadel - Jungle Hunt  - 2.49

Sacred Franchise Pack (Citadel, S2G, DLC) - 14.99

Secret Files - Tunguska  - 4.99

Secret Files 2 - Puritas Cordis  - 4.99

Secret Files 3  - 9.99

SIM CITY 4 DELUXE - 4.99

SIM CITY 4 DELUXE - 4.99

SPORE ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 9.99

SPORE ULTIMATE DIGITAL COLLECTION - 9.99

Street Fighter X Tekken  - 14.99

Street Fighter X Tekken Complete Pack  - 29.99

SYNDICATE - 4.99

SYNDICATE - 4.99

THE SIMS stuff

THE SIMS 3 70s, 80s, & 90s STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 AMBITIONS (PC/MAC) - 14.99

THE SIMS 3 AMBITIONS (PC/MAC) - 14.99

THE SIMS 3 DELUXE (PC/MAC) - 24.49

THE SIMS 3 DELUXE (PC/MAC) - 24.49

THE SIMS 3 DIESEL STUFF PACK (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 DRAGON VALLEY (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 DRAGON VALLEY (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 FAST LANE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 GENERATIONS (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 HIDDEN SPRINGS - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 HIDDEN SPRINGS - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 HIGH-END LOFT STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 INTO THE FUTURE (PC/MAC) - 22.49

THE SIMS 3 ISLAND PARADISE (PC/MAC) - 19.99

THE SIMS 3 ISLAND PARADISE (PC/MAC) - 19.99

THE SIMS 3 LATE NIGHT (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 MASTER SUITE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 MONTE VISTA (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 MOVIE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 MOVIE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 OUTDOOR LIVING STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 PETS (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 PLUS ISLAND PARADISE (PC/MAC) - 24.49

THE SIMS 3 PLUS ISLAND PARADISE (PC/MAC) - 24.49

THE SIMS 3 PLUS PETS (PC/MAC) - 19.99

THE SIMS 3 PLUS SHOWTIME (PC/MAC) - 14.99

THE SIMS 3 PLUS SUPERNATURAL (PC/MAC) - 14.99

THE SIMS 3 SEASONS (PC/MAC) - 19.99

THE SIMS 3 SHOWTIME (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 SHOWTIME (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 STARTER PACK - 14.99

THE SIMS 3 STARTER PACK - 14.99

THE SIMS 3 SUPERNATURAL (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 TOWN LIFE STUFF (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 UNIVERSITY LIFE (PC/MAC) - 14.99

THE SIMS 3 WORLD ADVENTURES (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 WORLDS BUNDLE - 9.99

THE SIMS 3 WORLDS BUNDLE - 9.99

THE SIMS MEDIEVAL (PC/MAC) - 9.99

THE SIMS MEDIEVAL PIRATES AND NOBLES (PC/MAC) - 9.99

Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers  - 2.5

Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers Soundtrack Edition  - 3.5

Sorry, can't figure out how to get the forum to accept a table from either skydrive or excel properly.

I did it at 2:55, and didn't get the code. (Or who knows when it is supposed to go out.)

Perhaps you can try to win one for me? :p

Too many people know the target time now for you to win it with a slow time. The time you have to be slower than is 2:46.something but so many people are close to that now that you have to be not much slower than 2:47 to be in the top 100 slower than 2:46.something.

The trick is to play it on one facebook account that day, noting the time it takes to finish after the last click. Then race on another facebook account making sure that you do the last click such that when you add the time you got early it ends around 2:47. Use the same browser because the timer curiously varies from browser to browser.

Considering how generous you are around here I would win you one if I could as I've got the knack of it - I got 3 of them in a row on three consecutive days. But I can't unfortunately because i've already won four using up all the facebook accounts in the house (even the cats!) and have already given the codes away.

Much respect for your first post. :)

Welcome to the family!

Welcome to the Family!
This man just entered a word of helpless addiction the likes of which only junkies can truly understand, and you say "Welcome"? This man is in need of rehab, STAT! Backlog, incessantly hitting F5 to refresh sale pages, checking forums daily, then hourly until reaching the coveted "CAG regular" status, buying bundle after bundle (figuring out the mean average you're paying for each game in the bundle versus the ones you already have), creating spreadsheets to feel more organized all the while just really creating more methods to nurture your addiction even more, keeping track of where you bought what and what service it requires, diving into the mysterious word of layers of DRM, installing mobile apps to keep track of all of the above when not stationed i front of his PC, then needing tech sales and forums to find deals on the massive hard drives required to store all of the above. May whatever God you believe in take pity on your soul Good Sir.

#DontWantTheCure

#LikeTheDisease

#NothingWrongWithMe

#75%OffOrDie

Did we already play guess/predict the Editor's Choice games?  Granted they can sneak some 2012 games on there (believe they had some 2011 ones last year) but here's some fairly likely 2013 candidates: Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, The Cave, Metro LL, Don't Starve, Far Cry 3 (Dec 2012), Teleglitch, Saints Row IV, Ducktales~

Doesn't Intel still have that Facebook giveaway for that?
It's pretty easy to win using a trick. (Aiming to certain time range (2:48-3:00 iirc), with making enough "honest" mistakes or just waiting)

Don't ask why. Probably bad (sorting) code?

Would need a Facebook account for that, right? So...anyone want to win Grid 2 for this CAG? Me love you long time ;)

I picked up the Max Payne Complete Pack since I didn't have any of the games.  It can't hurt to wait if you are just missing 1 or the other games...With digital games, prices can only go down so take your time till the deal you wants shows up.

I'm still waiting for a Sleeping Dogs complete pack since I'd rather just buy it all in just 1 pop instead of trying to piece meal it together...even though some of the DLC is of limited use, it's nice to "know" you have all the items in case you ever wanted some of the limited use DLC.

Yeah, I want enslaved, but it'd be smart to wait for it to drop as it most definitely will. I have Pac-Man on PS3, already own RRU and the Sniper games just don't do it for me. I will say Star Trek is worth the $5. I'm a solo SP campaign gamer and played through it once already as Kirk and want to play through again as Spock. It's nothing stupendous, but a very competent TPS with decent voice acting. It being set in the Star Trek universe is a bonus for fans. The enemy design/variety I'd say is the weakest point. And I honestly have a hard time believing it will drop much lower than $5 sans a bundle inclusion which unfortunately is a risk for every game out there nowadays.

Dark Souls is a good and unforgiving game for console it's great for PC..not so much. One of the worst ports this gen next to Sr2.  there are mods out there to "fix" the game though

imagine a modern, 3d, simon's quest
I had to think for a few seconds, but this may be the most succinct yet accurate explanation of Dark Souls I've ever read... at least for anyone old enough to remember the frustrations and joys (extreme highs and lows) experienced by playing Castlevania 2 as a grade schooler with no access to guides or internet :)

Dark Souls is a good and unforgiving game for console it's great for PC..not so much. One of the worst ports this gen next to Sr2. there are mods out there to "fix" the game though
Even vanilla Dark Souls is a very solid port. It runs well and is well optimized even on a low end system and few crashes (except for the poor souls that have GFWL set up problems). It's a well made game and a well made port. It's not poorly optimized or buggy like many other "bad" PC ports.

The only problem with it is a lack of graphics options, which the DSFIX mod solves. You turn off AA in game, drop the two files into the game folder then you open DSFIX.ini file and edit the graphics settings you want. That's it. It takes 2-3 minutes.

I'm surprised his head didn't explode when you bitched about something totally out of Amazon's control. When you buy PC downloads from any online store you should check each game to see what kind of DRM it has. Gamefly, Gamersgate, and Amazon all sell packs that have multiple DRM systems for different games. You didn't pay attention, you got outraged and started complaining on a forum, and for some reason Tony gave you $10 which is way more than any other store would do for you. The game isn't even on Steam, so it's pretty ridiculous to whine about it. If the link for that individual game said Steam that would be different. But your post comes off as entitled and childish, and that's why people didn't take it that well.
And you sir are a self righteous douche. Amazon gets a lot of my money, and I mean a lot, this is the 1st time in recent memory that I complained, and it was no big deal until people like you attack. I checked the page, did my due diligence, but yes failed to check if the game was on Steam. Amazon do give exceptional customer service, and Tony is an asset, but when the rubber hits the road it is still my money being spent and I feel that I can point out something that seems wrong. Why don't you attack all the folks pissed about UPlay or GFWL.

Go mind your own F'n business.

And p.s dumbass, the comments on the actual amazon page are entirely in Amazons control. It's not like DRM confusion doesn't happen on a daily basis, and in this case Tony changed the language on the page to help the next buyer, so IMHO by reporting it I did some good.

This man just entered a word of helpless addiction the likes of which only junkies can truly understand, and you say "Welcome"? This man is in need of rehab, STAT! Backlog, incessantly hitting F5 to refresh sale pages, checking forums daily, then hourly until reaching the coveted "CAG regular" status, buying bundle after bundle (figuring out the mean average you're paying for each game in the bundle versus the ones you already have), creating spreadsheets to feel more organized all the while just really creating more methods to nurture your addiction even more, keeping track of where you bought what and what service it requires, diving into the mysterious word of layers of DRM, installing mobile apps to keep track of all of the above when not stationed i front of his PC, then needing tech sales and forums to find deals on the massive hard drives required to store all of the above. May whatever God you believe in take pity on your soul Good Sir.

#DontWantTheCure

#LikeTheDisease

#NothingWrongWithMe

#75%OffOrDie
Agreed. This is like shooting somebody up w/dope for the first time and smiling and bein like YO WELCOME HAVE FUN BEING HOMELESS IN A MONTH

This man just entered a word of helpless addiction the likes of which only junkies can truly understand, and you say "Welcome"? <sneep>
<Sticks fingers in ears> LalalaLALALALA! OH SAY I CAN'T SEE! - Oooo, look a new IR launched today! <scurries away>

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back