Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just remember that the credits don't stack, before we add 100 emails from Amazon to our inboxes, and 100 more in a couple weeks.

I felt this needed to be mentioned, because someone saw your post and actually did that.
awww shit, I feel bad. I can imagine it'll be hard to resell demos.

[customspoiler=Pizza Dude?]
pizza.jpg
[/customspoiler]
lmao

pizza tycoon meets seduce me

why sunasun u dodd this hehh now i want to buy it too ihate uall im gogin to cry heh
Haven't you figured it out? I'm Paddington of course. :D

If you're in South America, how would that be weird?
Sorry let me further elaborate, it because is the first time I’ve seen a region key which specifies that it will ONLY work in your country once you activate it and NO WHERE ELSE (supposedly the game wouldn’t work if let’s say I try to play it in the US or Europe)

Sorry let me further elaborate, it because is the first time I’ve seen a region key which specifies that it will ONLY work in your country once you activate it and NO WHERE ELSE (supposedly the game wouldn’t work if let’s say I try to play it in the US or Europe)
Region locking is somewhat common fyi. It's done to keep cheaper keys away from higher-spending-potential Americans.

I specifically stated that I was comparing the AI and level design. I quite enjoyed the Serious Sam games back in the day, but the AI is/was absolutely bare-minimum and the level design is, by modern standards, very basic. What I want to know is A:CM's "bad AI" is simply just bare-minimum AI, or is it truly just broken (enemies don't attack, get stuck in walls, etc)?

In case it wasn't clear enough, I am not asking if the gameplay is similar in any fashion.
I dunno... it just seems a little unfair to compare a 2013 game to one from 2001.

Besides, the SS level design was pretty decent for the time. Other than the lower geometry levels, texture resolutions, and other technical limitations, I'd say it stacks up pretty well with what is happening today. Some of the levels were actually pretty ingenious.

The SS AI was fairly one-note (charge the player), but it wasn't broken.

Apples and oranges imo.

Has this been asked yet?

Will SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack be available with steam key?

I've asked this many times and I don't think this will ever have a Steam key. I waaaaaaaaaaant. :(
Steam version, ahoy!
http://www.amazon.com/SEGA-48-Game-Mega-Arcade-Online/dp/B00EIN266Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1387483280&sr=1-2&keywords=48+game+mega+pack

EDIT: I'm sorry, this wasn't in Ashes list of things going on sale. I hope it is but don't know how to confirm if and when.

Is there a best place to ask for pricematches?

Tropico 4: Apocalypse is $1.69 on Steam right now and $5 on Amazon.

Any reason why Amazon isn't carrying the Tropico 4: The Academy DLC?  It's also $1.69 on Steam during the holiday sale.

Oddly enough... both DLCs are currently $1.14 on Indie Gala.

looks like dishonored brigmore witches is still $5. i will get it if it's price matched. i don't recall though if dlc are even price matched. maybe there can be a price matching policy on the first page.

If you guys are excited for the new Thief I'm currently on a call talking about the coolest promotion I've gotten to work on at Amazon yet.

Cheers,

Tony
oh tell me when u get transformer bundle finally that would be better theif is nice but i dont wnat it so yea good dfor people who wants it for me nothing much

If you guys are excited for the new Thief I'm currently on a call talking about the coolest promotion I've gotten to work on at Amazon yet.

Cheers,

Tony
Whoever sneaks into Amazon HQ in Seattle and loots the Paddington-shaped treasure box gets Thief and Strategy First bundle?

Cheers,

Tony
You've gotten a deal to give Thief to me and only me for free? Wow, that's thoughtful. I almost feel bad for everyone else.

Almost.

anybody knows if Alien Colonial Marines key is region free? $2 for this game is tempting just for pure curiosity :p 

Trying to figure out if it's worth waiting on Dishonored...not sure if the DLC is worthwhile since 2 of them star another character and the 3rd isn't story-related. It's already 75% off on Steam, so it won't go down there...

Sure would be nice to know the EC selections and prices ahead of time. :(

Trying to figure out if it's worth waiting on Dishonored...not sure if the DLC is worthwhile since 2 of them star another character and the 3rd isn't story-related. It's already 75% off on Steam, so it won't go down there...

Sure would be nice to know the EC selections and prices ahead of time. :(
Its worth it at 7.49 for the base, but frankly you'd be alright waiting. Have you checked the list/spreadsheet to see if it's going any lower? I have the DLC, but havent even touched it yet so can't comment on its quality, but the base game is worth it, but it was 4.99 during BF and should hit that price point again at some point. It will almost assuredly even go flash/community on Steam at some point as well.

Its worth it at 7.49 for the base, but frankly you'd be alright waiting. Have you checked the list/spreadsheet to see if it's going any lower? I have the DLC, but havent even touched it yet so can't comment on its quality, but the base game is worth it, but it was 4.99 during BF and should hit that price point again at some point. It will almost assuredly even go flash/community on Steam at some point as well.
Tony hasn't announced the Bethesda & Microsoft deals yet.

Well, it won't go further than 7.49 this sale on Steam due to it being a daily already. Gamefly or Amazon, or possibly GG I suppose, are the next likely to drop further.

It's already a daily at 75% on Steam, so I highly doubt it it will drop beyond that.

Does Amazon match Uplay deals? I want to get How To Survive for $3.75 but not really interested in buying from Uplay even with their 10% promo code.
Nope. No PMs on pub stores (Ubi/Origin/etc.).

It's already a daily at 75% on Steam, so I highly doubt it it will drop beyond that.
Yea, I can agree with that, but considering the sale is so long, it will definitely be repeated as a daily, and its not at its historical Amazon low, which was 4.99. I also would not be surprised at all to see it hit 80% if it makes Flash or Community. It's not an impossibility. It just depends how badly someone wants the game and how much of a difference $2.50 means. Its worth it at its current price point, but it will be on sale again.

Whoever sneaks into Amazon HQ in Seattle and loots the Paddington-shaped treasure box gets Thief and Strategy First bundle?

You've gotten a deal to give Thief to me and only me for free? Wow, that's thoughtful. I almost feel bad for everyone else.

Almost.

Does that mean we will be able to buy Thief for a STEAL?

I'd be interested, but I already received Thief for free.
It's more for those into modding than those looking to get a steal on the game :).

Cheers,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back