Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait on this. We don't have Steam keys yet so if you find a version with a buy box it won't be a steam one. I will update when we have keys.

Cheers,

Tony

Could anyone confirm that I'm not going nuts already?

I could've sworn that when I checked the SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack yesterday it had listed DRM: Steam right next to it. I left the tab open because the bundle went down to $4.95 today and instantly bought it without re-checking. Naturally, I ended up with Non-Steam versions of the games. :wall:

Did I miss something or did Amazon run out of Steam keys for the pack and provided Non-Steam copies instead?
This is the pack you are looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EIN266Q

Steam keys are still on the way according to Tony. I'm sure if you contact Amazon support they will be able to help you out.

They ran out of steam keys. Tony specifically posted not to buy it until he gave the all-clear.

He didn't give the all-clear.
Oh wow. FML.

I'm only checking the thread sporadically and seeing how fast it moves, this kind of information goes under quite easily.

What baffles me, though, is the fact that the pack got switched from Steam to Non-Steam just like that as usually both versions of a game have different product pages (or at least those version buttons), so there's no risk of mixing them up unless you're looking at the wrong version in the first place. :/

Even though I contacted the CS like 2 minutes after I made the purchase, they were of no help and just redirected me to the Terms of Use and pointed out that Games & Software Downloads are not returnable. Fair enough, I guess.

Kinda sucks anyway, though.

Oh wow. FML.

I'm only checking the thread sporadically and seeing how fast it moves, this kind of information goes under quite easily.

What baffles me, though, is the fact that the pack got switched from Steam to Non-Steam just like that as usually both versions of a game have different product pages (or at least those version buttons), so there's no risk of mixing them up unless you're looking at the wrong version in the first place. :/

Even though I contacted the CS like 2 minutes after I made the purchase, they were of no help and just redirected me to the Terms of Use and pointed out that Games & Software Downloads are not returnable. Fair enough, I guess.

To be fair, they are both linked in the OP. I'd also suggest contacting Tony once he is around. I'm pretty sure this has happened to people in the past and Amazon CS has been able to resolve the issue.

The Amazon deal on Tomb Raider is insane.

For the non-us citizens wanting to make use of Amazons digital download deals, here's how I did it:

1: Install the Hola Unlocker app for your favorite browser and make sure it connects to a US Server
2: Register an amazon account
3: Buy a giftcard for yourself. Non-us citizens can buy giftcards no problem. Enter your adress truthfully, because your creditcard will actually get billed for this. 

4: Register for a package forwarding Service such as Borderlinx (http://www.borderlinx.com). They will supply you with a US adress to send packages to. You can just use this adress for digital downloads, since no package will actually be sent. Registering is free.
5: Register the Borderlinx adress as your primary adress in your Amazon account.
5: Register your Amazon giftcard to your account.

6: Amazon will ask you to confirm your creditcard again. Don't worry, if you registered your giftcard, it won't be billed again.

7: Buy the game using your giftcard. USING A NON-US CREDITCARD FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOADS WILL NOT WORK
8: PROFIT.

If you still get the error that digital downloads are only reserved for US citzens, check if HOLA unlocker is connected to the US and check if you registered your Borderlinx adress as your primary adress. If that still doesn't work, remove the billing adress you added when you purchased your giftcard.

Please do not come crying to me if it does not work for you. It's advisable to just buy a small giftcard for yourself to check if this still works before adding larger giftcards to your account!!

Tomb Raider only cost me about 3 euro's, compared to a retail price of €39,99 ($54,-) in Dutch retail stores. I'm a happy camper

When trying to find out get contradicting answers...can you purchase something multiple times (like cheap DLC) and get an EC coupon for each time you buy it?

Even though I contacted the CS like 2 minutes after I made the purchase, they were of no help and just redirected me to the Terms of Use and pointed out that Games & Software Downloads are not returnable. Fair enough, I guess..

To be fair, they are both linked in the OP. I'd also suggest contacting Tony once he is around. I'm pretty sure this has happened to people in the past and Amazon CS has been able to resolve the issue.
Instead of bugging Tony (not his job), you should contact CS once more. They're usually extremely good about removing stuff from your library (you haven't downloaded them, right?). You probably caught someone having a bad day.

Speaking of Cheap DLC, Alien Spidy has two for $0.40 each.  Easy Breezy and Rock and a Hard Place.

Fun little platformer with a web swinging mechanic.

And if you don't have Alien Spidy, [customspoiler='perhaps now']KH258-W37Y3-##IAE[/customspoiler] [customspoiler='you might']KH0E4-#NBLY-WK#0V[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='super secret decoder message']# = First letter of Tony's dog[/customspoiler]

Speaking of Cheap DLC, Alien Spidy has two for $0.40 each. Easy Breezy and Rock and a Hard Place.

And if you don't have Alien Spidy, [customspoiler='perhaps now']KH258-W37Y3-##IAE[/customspoiler] [customspoiler='you might']KH0E4-#NBLY-WK#0V[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='super secret decoder message']# = First letter of Tony's dog[/customspoiler]
used KH0E4-#NBLY-WK#0V

What's the word with the price flip on the Thief in the Shadows pack? Sale list has it for $4.99 but it's currently $5.99. Minor glitch? I know it's only a buck but... you know how it is to be a CAG lol.
I think that got adjusted up with the $5 Tomb Raider update. Checking

I haven't received an email, and well you know how much fun Amazon credit balances are to check. It works for all the free apps, you can try again later in the day.
January is when the emails come through.

Tony,

Can you do Dark Messiah: Might and Magic for $2.50? That's the price it was at last year, but it's sitting at $5 now and it's not in the spreadsheet, so I'm guessing it's just PM'd to somewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Messiah-Might-Magic-Download/dp/B0030GG2VC

Would also grab Shank 1 for $2.50 in a heartbeat (though I bet a double-pack at $5 would do well, too, though I have the 2nd game already.) For some reason Amazon doesn't have Shank 1 at all, and Shank 2 is origin only? Shank 1 is 5.00 on Steam (whole sale) and Shank 2 3.39 (same.) Amazon has Shank 2 (Origin) at 9.99.

Seems like a Kiei platformer bundle of Shank1-2, Mark of the Ninja, and Don't Starve would sell well:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_videogames?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Klei%20Entertainment&node=468642

Any reason none of the Ys games are on Amazon?

tony will the chronicles of mystara 4 pack also be discounted?
Negatron, not part of the sale.

I could've sworn that when I checked the SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack yesterday it had listed DRM: Steam right next to it. I left the tab open because the bundle went down to $4.95 today and instantly bought it without re-checking. Naturally, I ended up with Non-Steam versions of the games. :wall:

Did I miss something or did Amazon run out of Steam keys for the pack and provided Non-Steam copies instead?
Replied below.

Toooooonnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

Needs moar Spectromancer bundle keyz.

Pleeeaaaaazzzzzz.
Just got them, it should be live again soon.

What's the word on Enslaved? No deal happening?
Still no word.

Oh wow. FML.

You should have gotten resolved via CS, please PM me your order ID and copy/paste this message.

Cheers,

Tony

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a few times but I'm not seeing it on the front page so...

The 5 dollar credit says buy anything from...

Keyword being anything. Is it smarter to buy things in a group (to trigger a minimum) or smarter to buy everything separate for multiple 5 dollar off coupons? (I do know the coupons won't stack... So I guess you can earn multiple credits.)

Last a question for Tony...

Why don't you guys carry steam copies of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series or even the entire series in digital format? (You only have one in digital format and its from you all)

Also kick Activision in the butt and get Deadpool and the Transformer games on sale at some point. :)
Dead pool is going to be on sale for $9.99! Don't remember the exact day though so check Asheskitty's list.

Yeah, I don't really shop on Amazon... and looking around at cl4ym4n's issue I'm not really tempted to start. I was looking at two games that are supposedly steam codes but the file size is way too big to just be a code. (I looked at one bundle that had mixed DRM and the file size was KB vs GBs.)
When you buy a game from Amazon for Steam, it usually comes with a direct download from Amazon as well, which is what the file size is referring too.

Negatron, not part of the sale.

Replied below.

Just got them, it should be live again soon.

Still no word.

You should have gotten resolved via CS, please PM me your order ID and copy/paste this message.

Cheers,

Tony
Tony,

Your first three quoted messages didn't have any response type out (the ones to MrRedrum, Ashes, and I.) Was that just a "saw your question, looking into it?" kind of thing or did you type a response that didn't show up?

Tempted by AC3 at 7.5. But, I'm going to hold out until the deluxe edition hits that price.
^_^ Same. Also waiting, partly to try to avoid AC-burnout.

Man... Tomb Raider for $5? How can I pass that up?

I know I won't get around to playing it anytime soon, and I know it will be $5 again some day.

I might just skip it. :(
It's quite enjoyable and very pretty. Grad student pushed to the edge... something I could relate to! ;)

Always be careful, look for "steam" on the Amazon page. I'd also advise using the links in the OP, or my sig, to help you arrive at the intended purchase.

Yeah, I don't really shop on Amazon... and looking around at cl4ym4n's issue I'm not really tempted to start. I was looking at two games that are supposedly steam codes but the file size is way too big to just be a code. (I looked at one bundle that had mixed DRM and the file size was KB vs GBs.)
Two cases: Make sure it says "Steam" somewhere on the page. Also sometime there are multiple versions that share a page and have a choice box below the price "steam" "deluxe" etc.

Oooh, Critter Chronicles for 80% off, must grab that!

*buys game and goes to install it on steam*

What do you mean, I already have that game.... dammit!

*calling to my wife* Hey Sweetie, I just bought you a super special bonus Christmas present!

Speaking of Cheap DLC, Alien Spidy has two for $0.40 each. Easy Breezy and Rock and a Hard Place.

After so much derick talk lately, I read this too fast as "first letter of Tony's dong".

My mind, where is it...

Oooh, Critter Chronicles for 80% off, must grab that!

*buys game and goes to install it on steam*

What do you mean, I already have that game.... dammit!

*calling to my wife* Hey Sweetie, I just bought you a super special bonus Christmas present!
<like>

fuck , now I'm outta likes. :headache: CAG 3.0, killing Christmas one 'like' at a time.

<like>

fuck , now I'm outta likes. :headache: CAG 3.0, killing Christmas one 'like' at a time.
/like

Didja feel like you got your normal daily ration? I don't. I really shouldn't be outta likes at this hour... (okay, I was really active on CAG until late last night... but...

/like

Didja feel like you got your normal daily ration? I don't. I really shouldn't be outta likes at this hour... (okay, I was really active on CAG until late last night... but...
No, I didn't. I've purposely been liking (not to be confused with licking you weirdos) sparingly. I've been more active recently as well, but still...

No, I didn't. I've purposely been liking (not to be confused with licking you weirdos) sparingly. I've been more active recently as well, but still...
/like

Same, I've been quite measured with them in the last couple days since the Cheapy-Grinch hit, but I was running out of likes 11 hours from now... at the measured pace, and 3-6 hours from now at the happy pace..

On it.

Dungeon Siege 3 pack is listed as $2.99 but is currently showing as $5.99.
That may have been adjusted up with the Tomb Raider $5 update. Checking.

Is there anyway to gift a digital game?
Copy/paste the key into an email to a friend?

is mp3 + season pass and la norire complete coming back?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091UYJ66
Negatron.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony,

I really hope you're being recognized at work for your efforts here.  Thanks!

P.s.  Had to bite on Tomb Raider...

I finished the Spectromancer Campaign - but is the Truth Beauty a campaign item as well?  I picked it up via Amazon but don't see any selections in my menu for Truth Beauty add on? Is there another game Key I need?  Anyone able to point me in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back