Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, I'm a little scared of starting to play Sims 3 again. I usually end up just building this child-producing, lesbian army (closely resembling a few ex girlfriends) who consistantly abandon their children and take over the town... I'm just not sure I want to go there again.
I usually leave for work to come back and see that they all lit themselves ablaze.

FYI:

Company of Heroes 2 Digital Collectors Edition for $13.59 and it includes a copy for Company of Heroes Complete Pack.

Probably a price mistake
bought, it's 27.19 on steam right now

Just a quick dissenting opinion on Final Exam.  I can see why some people enjoy it, and I have to admit I had a good amount of fun for the first half of the game.  However, I felt the gameplay became repetitive after the half way point, and the skill trees didn't offer as much variety or impact as I'd want.  Of course, repetition is a staple for this kind of genre, and it DOES have a unique sense of humor and style that makes it stand out.

I still think it was a good purchase with EC coupon, but it didn't leave me wanting more by the end like some better games have.  Just my personal opinion though :)

Weird how "buying several games" during a sale = "disappointing" :p
If you listened to what an obviously very important nobody was saying is that you shouldn't be wasting money on things that you don't need to survive. ;)

Yeah, I'm curious as to why the hate... did somebody buy 10,000 copies of Pizza Dude?

Too Bad Assassin's Creed 3 isn't on the Editor's Choice List.

It's currently $30 at amazon, all platforms (including Steam).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJXMSY8/
I thought it had been... the complete version wasn't priced at what I've been waiting for... I still have AC1 to complete in the mean time.

Used my coupon on Sims 3 University Life. It is the best price for it I have seen, and much cheaper than retail.

I only have the one coupon as I did not see much during the Christmas sale I really wanted. The main thing I look for are interesting bundles of games that represent good value to me. The only bundle I was tempted by was the X-com collection, and I hope it will be available during the summer sale. Might also grab more Sims 3 expansions at future sales too.

Cheers

1/24/2014 to 1/26/2014 Mars: War Logs [Online Game Code] - 15.99 am i drunk or high but the price right now is 14.99 and tony going to raise up one buck wtf that not sale that um minecraft style sale lol
He corrected that price to $11.99

EDIT--

You been here long enough to know that Tony does not update the OP that much and you should check asheskitty or my sig for the most up to date prices and listings. :)

He corrected that price to $11.99
guess he didnt update it on the front page tho i knewi read it somewheree but it tooo far from here man this sale should pick up after mlk jr when i go back to school of hell heh also is wargame airland battle really have to be that high cmon at least make it close to lowest pricee 31.99 cmon who would buy that no offense to tony but lots of offense to focus hey focus wake up no one going to buy wargame airland battlee for 26.99 cmon ur losing sale i alrady have it tho just saying how disappointing im with focus.im just bored of no good sale i like to tease tony for fun while wasting time doing nothing but looking and wrting damn paragraph heh

I was going to purchase Company of Heroes 2 up until I checked Metacritic and saw over 5,000 horrible ratings for the game.  So why did this game get an 80 from Critics, but only a 1.8 from Users?  Obviously something happened to piss everyone off, enough to make me think twice about buying it.

I was going to purchase Company of Heroes 2 up until I checked Metacritic and saw over 5,000 horrible ratings for the game. So why did this game get an 80 from Critics, but only a 1.8 from Users? Obviously something happened to piss everyone off, enough to make me think twice about buying it.
I portrayed, in the opinions of allot of Russians, the Russian Army in a poor light... It also seems to have a bunch of DLC... but none of it, it seems, is really pay to win DLC.

Here's the review that got me to buy it...

http://steamcommunity.com//id/37453409/recommended/231430/

That's what makes Tebow so special. Most people become an incoherent mess when they drink and/or shoot up, but for Tebow it's a light of clarity.

There's probably a moral here but I'm not currently able to find it...
He's clearly a bending unit. They need alcohol to keep their fuel cells charged.
"What about the cigars?"
They make him look cool.

Was at work all weekend and prices changed already on Sims.. argh couldn't get 1 of the expansions.. next time..

Looks like 3 coupons left then, I will be looking for any new and upcoming deals.

Since there's only 11 days left for the sale and I haven't used that many yet I think I can spare some extra promotional credits for others here.  For now I'm only going to do 5, and it's only going to be 1 per person (first come, first serve).  Let's keep this strictly for games that activate on other services like Steam, Origin, etc (no direct download games), so that way I can just PM you the activation code.

Just PM me with what you want and if a promotional credit is still available I'll let you know.  You then PM me an Amazon gift card code for the total amount (minus the $5 EC promotional credit of course) and I'll PM you back with the activation code.  I'm only looking for Amazon gift card codes since it will make the whole transaction that much simpler so no PayPal or trades or anything like that.  I'll update this post when all 5 have been used.

Also, I won't require anyone to throw in an added bonus for doing this favor.  If you're feeling generous, however, I will certainly appreciate whatever you're willing to offer.

That's what makes Tebow so special. Most people become an incoherent mess when they drink and/or shoot up, but for Tebow it's a light of clarity.

There's probably a moral here but I'm not currently able to find it...
I do wonder, does anyone actually ever read what he says?

I fear that I myself have neither the strength nor the perseverance required to comprehend such a cryptic language.

I do wonder, does anyone actually ever read what he says?

I fear that I myself have neither the strength nor the perseverance required to comprehend such a cryptic language.
Comprehend his replies feels more valuable than harder Steam achivements.

That sensation after you understood a Tebow's post hasn't price...

Hopped on the COH 2 train when I realised I only received COH Tales of Valor (the stand-alone expansion) through some kind of bundle. Never played it though... Wonder if I ever will.

Tempted by COH, but from the comments online it's not much changed from the first game. Since I have the first game from the THQ bundle but haven't played it yet, and have several other RTS in the backlog, I think I'll wait for another deal. The game is less than a year old and at this point I suspect there will be an expansion anyway.

@Tony. Seeing you'll be repeating some of EA first deals from 20th to 26th, you guys should repeat the other ones from 26th to 31st :D so we can grab more games to giveaway

Tempted by COH, but from the comments online it's not much changed from the first game. Since I have the first game from the THQ bundle but haven't played it yet, and have several other RTS in the backlog, I think I'll wait for another deal. The game is less than a year old and at this point I suspect there will be an expansion anyway.
there hugge change it call weather change which coh doesnt have but coh2 does

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back