Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really blame WWE for the lack of PC ports. 2K's (previously THQ's) main wrestling franchise, WWE 2K/Smackdown, has been traditionally developed by Yukes, a Japanese company with very little PC experience. If the rumors are true, and 2K decides to go with a different developer for WWE games in the future, I think they'll be more open to a PC port.
we see then my question dumb woohoo to 2k support

any chance for Dragon Age Origin Ultimate Edition back in EC?
I'd love to see a Dragon Age themed sale.

EA's surely been doing a good job of showing-up for this EC this year.

Sure, I own DAO Ultimate + DA2 already - but that'd be sweet for others who missed out on those, to get those on the cheap. :D

Plus, I'd really like to see some BioWare Points for DA2 go on sale.

Namely - I'd like to see BioWare Points for Legacy (800 BwP), Mark of the Assassin (800 BwP), and Exiled Prince (560 BwP) go on sale.

Aveline is not a preorder bonus, it's a deluxe/gold thingI don't believe season pass includes everything, for example there are outfits that only come with particular action figures.I don't think Nixxes did sleeping dogs.
Ah yes you are correct. I do not have ac IV on PC just on ps3/ps4. I didn't buy gold or deluxe or even a season pass day one, but had Aveline dlc. After your post I now remember it's a playstation exclusive free dlc that is only available elsewhere through deluxe/gold editions.

But like I said its nothing special 3 missions, linear path, no side missions and the story is not that compelling. I think it took about 10-15 minutes depending on your play style.

I'd love to see a Dragon Age themed sale.

EA's surely been doing a good job of showing-up for this EC this year.

Sure, I own DAO Ultimate + DA2 already - but that'd be sweet for others who missed out on those, to get those on the cheap. :D

Plus, I'd really like to see some BioWare Points for DA2 go on sale.

Namely - I'd like to see BioWare Points for Legacy (800 BwP), Mark of the Assassin (800 BwP), and Exiled Prince (560 BwP) go on sale.
I have to say, I'm having a pretty fun time now that I've gotten used to DA:O combat system. Playing as a mage, I'm having a blast with the waking bomb spells and CC is always fun. I can now be officially dubbed a BioWare fanboi. (Though, I've also already encountered some DLC quest bugs, but I'll sort them out later.)

I have to say, I'm having a pretty fun time now that I've gotten used to DA:O combat system. Playing as a mage, I'm having a blast with the waking bomb spells and CC is always fun. I can now be officially dubbed a BioWare fanboi. (Though, I've also already encountered some DLC quest bugs, but I'll sort them out later.)
Glad to hear you're liking DA:O.

Yeah, if you ain't played BG1+2, NWN series, Icewind Dale series, PST - or any of those old-school strategic party-based RPG's, for that matter - jumping into DAO can hit you with a learning curve. DAO does NOT play like any Bethesda RPG's. So, if you like DAO, I do suggest you check out the games I just listed, when they actually get cheap again.

Glad to hear you're liking DA:O.

Yeah, if you ain't played BG1+2, NWN series, Icewind Dale series, PST - or any of those old-school strategic party-based RPG's, for that matter - jumping into DAO can hit you with a learning curve. DAO does NOT play like any Bethesda RPG's. So, if you like DAO, I do suggest you check out the games I just listed, when they actually get cheap again.
Yeah, I'm late to the D&D/Bioware party. I did just pick them all up from GOG's latest round of sales, so I'm excited to try them out eventually. I think just coming off of Skyrim, Dark Souls and Fallout made the learning curve a bit slower for me. I've spent more time on the DA Wiki than I have in-game I think. But, I'm full steam (well Origin actually) ahead now.

Ah yes you are correct. I do not have ac IV on PC just on ps3/ps4. I didn't buy gold or deluxe or even a season pass day one, but had Aveline dlc. After your post I now remember it's a playstation exclusive free dlc that is only available elsewhere through deluxe/gold editions.

But like I said its nothing special 3 missions, linear path, no side missions and the story is not that compelling. I think it took about 10-15 minutes depending on your play style.
Yup, I was only referring to the PC version, I haven't played it yet, wanted to finish Liberation first.

Yeah, I'm late to the D&D/Bioware party. I did just pick them all up from GOG's latest round of sales, so I'm excited to try them out eventually. I think just coming off of Skyrim, Dark Souls and Fallout made the learning curve a bit slower for me. I've spent more time on the DA Wiki than I have in-game I think. But, I'm full steam (well Origin actually) ahead now.
Better late than never, I say.

Those classics range from really-good to great - so, if you like DAO, you can't go wrong w/ most of those, either.

Plus - BG1+2; BG2: TOB expansion; PST; NWN1: Hordes expansion; and NWN2: Mask expansion are excellent.

Enjoy! :D

Mmh just noticed the AC4 Black Flag : Season Pass is $9.99 on Uplay Store.. 50% off. I dunno if the code can simply be used on the Steam version but I'm guessing since your game show up in Uplay you could apply the code on it.

Just not sure even at 10$ if it's worth the extra 3 hours gameplay time.. anyone can say how much the Adewale Missions added to their enjoyment of the game ?
Can anoyone confirm that the season pass from Ubi Shop works in the steam version?

Can anoyone confirm that the season pass from Ubi Shop works in the steam version?
I don't think it would work, and I definitely wouldn't risk it.

*I edited this post to seem less 100% certain it wouldn't work, but I still think it wouldn't.

Buuut on the other hand, you can activate Uplay codes to your game solely through Uplay such as a ship sail pack or an action figure costume code and they work in the Steam version... I think the difference would be one is an unlock code for existing content and the other is actual significant downloadable content. Definitely would not risk it.

Sorry for rambling.

I don't think it would work, and I definitely wouldn't risk it.

*I edited this post to seem less 100% certain it wouldn't work, but I still think it wouldn't.

Buuut on the other hand, you can activate Uplay codes to your game solely through Uplay such as a ship sail pack or an action figure costume code and they work in the Steam version... I think the difference would be one is an unlock code for existing content and the other is actual significant downloadable content. Definitely would not risk it.
I don't see why it wouldn't work.. the game is linked directly to your Uplay account even though it has an extra DRM being Steam. If the game is present in your Uplay account why would adding a DLC to it not work ?

That's some weird sh*t.. I don't get why they manage it this way. Probably some Steam request to allow the game to be sold on Steam.
Weird. That's completely different than some other Ubi games I have where the DLC unlocks in the game itself with a UPlay key, which is what you just get anyway from Steam if you buy it there.

Tempted to buy simcity.....but idk.

After the always online stuff....idk if i want to endorse that kinda thing. However it seems like they have come around after

sims 4 and the new offline patch. 

I don't see why it wouldn't work.. the game is linked directly to your Uplay account even though it has an extra DRM being Steam. If the game is present in your Uplay account why would adding a DLC to it not work ?
It's not the same, due to how Uplay works. If this was Origin it would be the same, they actually add a game to your Origin account as if you had bought it from them but Ubi doesn't. I guess this has been settled based on Neuro's post.

Weird. That's completely different than some other Ubi games I have where the DLC unlocks in the game itself with a UPlay key, which is what you just get anyway from Steam if you buy it there.
I think it's probably because they're two different kinds of DLC, an unlock for content that's already in everyone's game vs new content you have to download.

So - any thoughts on the season pass? It doesn't look like it adds a lot of content for the price.
I wrote a bit about it in the last 2 days in this thread. Basically in my view the Adewale DLC is like a small complete AC game of its own and is really DLC done right. I have no comment on the other DLC cause as far as I know it's all multiplayer junk.

If you aren't into multiplayer I would say go with Adewale DLC for $10 over the season pass, and I spent closer to 10 hrs on it vs the 3 hours they put in the store description.

I think the $5 off thing is a great carrot-on-the-stick for Nov-Dec to setup the EC sale in the next new year's January EC sales - makes gamers buy stuff either they likely wouldn't otherwise or makes a gamer just make sure they'll stock-up on coupons for the new year for January.

Some of the deals been awesome and some been decent. More often than most times, the deals have been better than prices before.

And OMG @ Amazon convincing EA to put BioWare Points on sale w/ that ME2 DLC Bundle.

The thing is - us CAG's often want better deals than what's offered, many times! I'm sure many of us want BioWare Points - but at a MUCH better price than what was offered ($25 after EC for ME2 DLC Pack - best price yet, but we want better).

The real question is this about the $5 EC coupon - does my $5 EC coupon really get enough impact to suit me? Or is it just locking me in for a little bit cheaper price than normal?

Seems to often be the latter here - but if something is extremely dirt-cheap like Ace Patrol bundle, it won't matter too much; you'll use it b/c it's TOO cheap to ignore.

There's also the problem of - even after EC coupon, game might be priced the same elsewhere or worse than elsewhere.

The Bureau is $7.49 on GetGamesGo w/ no coupons, while on Amazon DVG using your EC coupons is...the SAME price (before tax!).

Dead Space 3: Awakened DLC was $3.20 on GMG once after one of their vouchers (dammit, I missed that); while it is $3.49 after coupon (before tax) on Amazon DVG.

(I still might bite on DS3: Awakened DLC from Amazon DVG - for something to play and b/c I dig Dead Space series! We'll see...)

Another problem is - for us game hoarders: a lot of the deals, we likely already have those games! $2.49 is killer for Hitman: Ab, but I already got that in Dec 2012!

I think the problem's the publishers here. Seems like Tony's reaching out - and well, it's up to them from there. Seems like they don't wanna offer full impact of that $5 coupon or make a game so cheap after coupon that all we care about is using the coupon instead of using the full $5 EC impact. And often, their deals seem to tossing out games we already own at dirt-cheap killer prices or games we want at prices we just ain't ready to yet budge on.

It really seems like EA, 505, Rockstar, and some of 2K are the only ones who really tried and actually showed-up to this party.

I thought Amazon's rule was the only thing they matched were international prices?
Oh, wouldn't that be nice if they actually did match International deals - hehe!

Imagine if they matched The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on GetGamesGo - which is $7.49 there.

That's an Amazon DVG game on the EC List - and if they matched that price and allowed EC coupon-usage, I'd not hesitate to buy it at $2.49. ;)

Oh, wouldn't that be nice if they actually did match International deals - hehe!

Imagine if they matched The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on GetGamesGo - which is $7.49 there.

That's an Amazon DVG game on the EC List - and if they matched that price and allowed EC coupon-usage, I'd not hesitate to buy it at $2.49. ;)
I still think Amazon should do a regular, year round promo (in addition to it's normal holiday/seasonal sales). I mean, I've used their 4 for 3 and subscribe and save programs that are run continuously, so something along those lines for the PCDD store would be nice. Like accruable credit for every (or select I guess, shouldn't include everything I suppose) purchase that could be used whenever the purchaser sees fit. Or offer percentage off or flat dollar amount vouchers usable on anything after purchasing so much product. Just my thoughts.

The real question is this about the $5 EC coupon - does my $5 EC coupon really get enough impact to suit me? Or is it just locking me in for a little bit cheaper price than normal?

There's also the problem of - even after EC coupon, game might be priced the same elsewhere or worse than elsewhere.

Another problem is - for us game hoarders: a lot of the deals, we likely already have those games!

I think the problem's the publishers here.
Agree w/most of this. The main problem w/EC - for us - is that we are extremely picky and have high expectations for sales. Given past EC sales, this is heightened for EC.

As for the problem of pricing...that's true with any sale though. Some are gonna be good deals, some aren't. It'd be unrealistic (IMO) to expect every deal rolled out in EC to be lower than everywhere else. It's a mixed bag - some are gonna be insane, record breaking deals (GTA trilogy, Brothers on steam price match, Tomb Raider for 4 dollars) some are gonna be okay, some are gonna be not even worth looking at.

As for the hoarding - lol, yeah. With the way us CAGs are, in any sale, we're probably gonna be like F*&^ wish I didn't have that so I could buy it now. EC is no exception...if I didn't own so many games, I'd be out of coupons by now. Between the Legacy of Kain and Thief packs, Max Payne and L.A. Noire, Tomb Raider, Hitman Pack, that's at least five deals I'd be all over if I didn't own them already.

And yeah...I think that the relatively subpar sale is due mainly to publisher interest. I'm sure Tony is doing pretty much the same thing he did in years past, which worked well, and just isn't getting the same response, for whatever reason.

Agree w/most of this. The main problem w/EC - for us - is that we are extremely picky and have high expectations for sales. Given past EC sales, this is heightened for EC.

As for the problem of pricing...that's true with any sale though. Some are gonna be good deals, some aren't. It'd be unrealistic (IMO) to expect every deal rolled out in EC to be lower than everywhere else. It's a mixed bag - some are gonna be insane, record breaking deals (GTA trilogy, Brothers on steam price match, Tomb Raider for 4 dollars) some are gonna be okay, some are gonna be not even worth looking at.

As for the hoarding - lol, yeah. With the way us CAGs are, in any sale, we're probably gonna be like F*&^ wish I didn't have that so I could buy it now. EC is no exception...if I didn't own so many games, I'd be out of coupons by now. Between the Legacy of Kain and Thief packs, Max Payne and L.A. Noire, Tomb Raider, Hitman Pack, that's at least five deals I'd be all over if I didn't own them already.

And yeah...I think that the relatively subpar sale is due mainly to publisher interest. I'm sure Tony is doing pretty much the same thing he did in years past, which worked well, and just isn't getting the same response, for whatever reason.
Yep - if I didn't own Max Payne 3, LA Noire, TR 2013, Hitman Pack, LoK Pack, Saboteur/Syndicate Bundle...

I'd probably be all over these deals.

Yep - I don't think publishers are super-interested, unlike 2012 and 2013. EA did a hell of a job showing up for most of the month, though - w/ deals ranging from decent (some of the Sims deals) to great (Saboteur/Syndicate bundle).

And even seeing some DLC's that hardly even go on sale from EA (Burnout Paradise DLC + NFS: MW 2012 DLC Pack) hit their best prices.

But, still - OMG @ an actual sale on BioWare Points, even if they weren't cheap enough for most of us. Kudos on EA and Tony for trying - it's like Hell almost half-way froze over! :D

Yep - and probably our extreme picky-ness, since we are CAG's, ain't helping matters for them (Amazon DVG and publishers), either.

<snip>
I think the easiest way to 'fix' the EC program, should it continue, is to do away with the notion of having a $5 voucher in hand. Just make a list of EC games at whatever end price Amazon has them set to. Instead of a dollar amount voucher, all your voucher would allow you to do is actually purchase said games from the EC list. You have 7 vouchers, you can purchase 7 games. I think getting rid of any dollar value to the voucher itself would alleviate a good portion of the confusion and complaining of price jacking or whatever. All it would be is like a ticket to get you in the door however many times you want to purchase something.

I think the easiest way to 'fix' the EC program, should it continue, is to do away with the notion of having a $5 voucher in hand. Just make a list of EC games at whatever end price Amazon has them set to. Instead of a dollar amount voucher, all your voucher would allow you to do is actually purchase said games from the EC list. You have 7 vouchers, you can purchase 7 games. I think getting rid of any dollar value to the voucher itself would alleviate a good portion of the confusion and complaining of price jacking or whatever. All it would be is like a ticket to get you in the door however many times you want to purchase something.
Damn good point.

The voucher could be a voucher just to lock you in at a lower special price-point.

Though, dunno what Amazon DVG would have to do on their end digitally and software-wise, to make that work properly so it nets you the "special price" b/c you have a coupon/voucher.

That might work w/ no arbitrary $5 off or any amount attached. Instead of making you feel like the $5 coupon isn't being utilized to its full $5 - b/c the publishers and Amazon agreed to a sale-price that's a little bit priced-up to the point it's taking that $5 EC coupon into consideration. W/ a voucher locking you in for a cheaper price, you can just look at and say, "Well, I'm getting a cheaper price here" and compare it to other prices around the globe on sites like IsThereAnyDeal.

ctrl-r/cmd-r.... not all of us use them fancy function keys :lol:
Oh, I didn't know that. :idea:

Looks like I cannot make a fortune out of my bundle leftovers, so I'll post them here.
Have fun.

Sanctum 2 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=p3xSqD6uMYxm8EWy

Serious Sam 3 BFE - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=mfqDnkzf4PXVGHMh

Garry's Mod - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=vr5fGK7Ua8EAu6sH

To The Moon - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=vxdxHZKmDAskY83t

Runner 2 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Yz43GhmqzeHTq46y

HOARD - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zr3GZsnUpdXzvPUR

Oil Rush - DFX26SJC5QYFX4JQ

Dynamite Jack - 2KPPN-4LEEC-L960E

Crayon Physics Deluxe - ECTIC-P6XNL-IJWAI

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP - NHRTQ-NMBCG-FX8LT

Swords & Soldiers HD - XF3VB-6RYCA-0M0K9

Aaaaand....

Cogs - 42VXD-QPTER-W9NNF :D

You might consider looking into actually securing the deals with publishers before you run the promo, regardless of how you adjust it. Just a crazy idea I'm tossing out.

Oh, I didn't know that. :idea:

Looks like I cannot make a fortune out of my bundle leftovers, so I'll post them here.
Have fun.

Sanctum 2 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=p3xSqD6uMYxm8EWy

Serious Sam 3 BFE - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=mfqDnkzf4PXVGHMh

Garry's Mod - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=vr5fGK7Ua8EAu6sH

To The Moon - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=vxdxHZKmDAskY83t

Runner 2 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Yz43GhmqzeHTq46y

HOARD - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zr3GZsnUpdXzvPUR

Oil Rush - DFX26SJC5QYFX4JQ

Dynamite Jack - 2KPPN-4LEEC-L960E

Crayon Physics Deluxe - ECTIC-P6XNL-IJWAI

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP - NHRTQ-NMBCG-FX8LT

Swords & Soldiers HD - XF3VB-6RYCA-0M0K9

Aaaaand....

Cogs - 42VXD-QPTER-W9NNF :D
I got Superbrothers - thanks! :D

People would bitch so much about only being able to purchase 7 things

You're opinion doesn't count.
your*

you're = you are

Example:

"You are the person known as Neuro5i5."

"You're the person known as Neuro5i5."

(These mean the SAME thing - contraction of "You're" replaces "you are", since you're basically just dropping the "a" here)

your = used for terms of possession and ownership.

Example:

"Hey, Neuro - is that your book?"

(Translations:

"Hey, Neuro - Is that Neuro's book?"

"Hey, Neuro - is that the book of Neuro?")

your*

you're = you are

Example: You are the person known as Neuro5i5.

your = used for possession.

Example: Hey, Neuro - is that your book?

(Translations:

Hey, Neuro - Is that Neuro's book?

Hey, Neuro - is that the book of Neuro?)
I believe my method was a more positive reinforcement of his mistake but I salute you just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back