Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Icedragon15, is English your first language ? Because your syntax and grammar are horrible. Reading your posts is seriously giving me a headache. Try comma's, Apostrophe maybe and proof read ...Oh also periods and SPELL CHECK for god's sake.

Hey Icedragon15, is English your first language ? Because your syntax and grammar are horrible. Reading your posts is seriously giving me a headache. Try comma's, Apostrophe maybe and proof read ...Oh also periods and SPELL CHECK for god's sake.
everything looks pretty normal to us regulars here :)

maybe you should learn tebonics like the rest of us

who are u aint no regular u a troll ur not my english teacher plz leave the door this is for cool regular not grammar nazi

Hey I was not being mean, just trying not to have pain in my eyes and head. I'm not new been on CAG a long time, maybe newish to this "special part" of this thread.

If you are a real cag and a re fan. Dont buy the Re 4 HD on PC, it sucks and Capcom doesnt care in our words. Buy it when is on 5$

Hey I was not being mean, just trying not to have pain in my eyes and head. I'm not new been on CAG a long time, maybe newish to this "special part" of this thread.
sorry just angry the person that wrote above u being troll harrasement earlier so i was angry my bad i was joking around tho but welcome to offtopic during downtime it will be off topic all bout hot girls

Dagnabbit, I'm getting dissed by a buncha young whippersnappers here. 

Welp, gotta go to bed so I can get up early tomorrow and annoy people by driving around really slowly all day  ;)

You must have missed out when everyone ran Tebow's posts through google translator. You would be really surprised when you finally found out what he really was saying.

Speaking of, I swear Tebow has like a mile of sigs in his posts. Every page is like 50% tebow posts even when he only posts a couple times.

Also, how dare you (whoever it was) diss Bugels, they are a true gentlemanly snack.

You must have missed out when everyone ran Tebow's posts through google translator. You would be really surprised when you finally found out what he really was saying.

Speaking of, I swear Tebow has like a mile of sigs in his posts. Every page is like 50% tebow posts even when he only posts a couple times.

Also, how dare you (whoever it was) diss Bugels, they are a true gentlemanly snack.
lol hehe ur welcome miguel time for bugels party and it was neuro who said that he needs his timeout party in his cage hehe

CK for god's sake. Try comma's, Apostrophe maybe a headache. Read ...Oh also periously giving your first language ? Because your syntax and SPELL CHECK for god's seriously giving me a heading your posts is sake. Hey Icedragon15, is sake. Try commar are horrible. Read ...Oh also periously giving your syntax and proof reading your syntax and grammar are horrible. Reading your syntax and proof reading me a head ...Oh also periously giving me a headache. Hey Icedragon15, is English your syntax and proof
say what?

If you are a real cag and a re fan. Dont buy the Re 4 HD on PC, it sucks and Capcom doesnt care in our words. Buy it when is on 5$.
Real CAG's wait for sales normally.

75% off or better on backlogging games.

If you ain't playing a game ASAP, don't buy it ASAP unless it's 75% off or better - many companies won't push for better sales than that. So, wait for the sales.

There is an exception - unless there is some kind of "blow-out sale" on a game that you really want that is going to have license issues of some kind (maybe a game's license usage is up, or a licensed song in the game is in question) and/or there's some kind of distribution issues so that we might not see that game being sold much longer [i.e. ask Activision about those, see Deadpool and their TWD: Survival Dead action-game (though, I dunno if anyone really wants TWD: SD, hehe)] - then you can backlog that at a PWYW (Pay What You Want) price.

Try to keep any of those PWYW for "ASAP games" (games you plan to buy ASAP, as soon as possible - when you buy them) to a bare minimum.

I try not to break-down and buy too many ASAP games.

I try to keep ASAP games at 50% off or better, if I'm gonna break-down.

I think it's best for me to buy myself or ask for someone to buy me a ASAP games on special occasions (Birthday, XMas, etc). ;)

Reason being - buying games ASAP (pre-order, Kickstarter, Early Access, week of release, etc) often gets gamers into bad predicaments. Buying early can really hurt customers - b/c there's often no benefit to very little actual benefits for the consumer in doing so. And often b/c - well, when you spend full-price or close to it, there's a feeling "I spent good money, so this game better be amazing in every single way." Truth be told: most games just ain't amazing.

Games you buy ASAP can wind-up normally in any of these boats:

They are released on Steam (I wonder when other stores will do this) as Early Access/Early Release (i.e. unfinished - but, you knew you were getting into this when you bought it!);

game's state actually feels like it's an Alpha-in-a-Box or Beta-in-a-Box;

game's unstable upon release (CTD's, crashes, freezes, graphics issues, poor framerates, doesn't support a newer or older OS, etc);

game needs more patches behind it before its in a worthwhile state b/c its too ambitious or released way too early [i.e. see many games from Obsidian, Troika (RIP), and DICE];

game won't have much replay value;

PC version is a basic port w/ not much for PC-centric features (see Dark Souls: PTD);

PC version's textures look like they were from a console system w/ lesser power than your PC (i.e. lower-quality textures + character models);

modders haven't got a hold of the game (to fix it, add content to it, improve it, etc);

digital distributors can be very aggressive w/ trying to price-match & always out-do each other (see Steam, Amazon DVG, GreenManGaming, maybe Gamersgate once and a full moon, etc)

inevitable Re-Release Edition w/ all of the DLC's + Expansions planned a bit later;

base-games often brick down in price pretty quick for sale prices if they ain't selling well on the PC;

certain game companies often dish out copious amounts of DLC's/expansions (see GearBox w/ Borderlands 2; see Volition w/ SR3 + SR4; see Maxis for The Sims series and especially Sims 3; etc);

some companies are known to slash prices on sale quite fast and aggressively (i.e. see Square Enix and sometimes 2K);

buying from Bundle Sites (Groupees, Indie Gala, Humble Bundle) can get some games REAL cheap;

and the list goes on and on.

I know it's easier said than done, as I always don't follow my 75% off for backlogging rule. So, when I do buy ASAP games, I normally tend to buy games w/ a lot to them. Normally, that's long-winded RPG's - i.e. games from CD Projekt, BioWare & Bethesda. If I'm buying ASAP, I likely want a game that's gotten take me LOTS of time, hours, and whatnot playing the game on my playthrough. I want a time-sink. I often don't replay games. But, If it's short per play-through, I want the game to be heavily replayable b/c it'll have tons of different outcomes and that can actually entice me to run through it numerous times (i.e. see adventure game Shadow of Destiny).

Real CAG's wait for sales normally.

75% off or better on backlogging games.

If you ain't playing a game ASAP, don't buy it ASAP unless it's 75% off or better - many companies won't push for better sales than that. So, wait for the sales.

There is an exception - unless there is some kind of "blow-out sale" on a game that you really want that is going to have license issues of some kind (maybe a game's license usage is up, or a song in the game is in question) and/or some kind of distribution issues so that we might not see it being sold much longer (i.e. ask Activision about those) - then you can backlog that a PWYW (Pay What You Want).

Try to keep any of those PWYW for "ASAP games" (games you plan to buy ASAP, as soon as possible - when you buy them) to a bare minimum.

I try not to break-down and buy too many ASAP games.

I try to keep ASAP games at 50% off or better, if I'm gonna break-down.

I think it's best for me to buy or ask for someone to buy me a ASAP games on special occasions (Birthday, XMas, etc). ;)

Reason being - buying games ASAP (pre-order, Kickstarter, Early Access, week of release, etc) often gets gamers into bad predicaments. Buying early can really hurt customers - b/c there's often no benefit to very little actual benefits for the consumer in doing so. And often b/c - well, when you spend full-price or close to it, there's a feeling "I spent good money, so this game better be amazing in every single way." Truth be told: most games just ain't amazing.

Games you buy ASAP can wind-up normally in any of these boats:

They are released on Steam (I wonder when other stores will do this) as Early Access/Early Release (i.e. unfinished - but, you knew you were getting into this when you bought it!);

game's state actually feels like it's an Alpha-in-a-Box or Beta-in-a-Box;

game's unstable upon release (CTD's, crashes, freezes, graphics issues, poor framerates, doesn't support a newer or older OS, etc);

game needs more patches behind it before its in a worthwhile state b/c its too ambitious or released way too early [i.e. see many games from Obsidian, Troika (RIP), and DICE];

game won't have much replay value;

PC version is a basic port w/ not much for PC-centric features (see Dark Souls: PTD);

PC version's textures look like they were from a console system w/ lesser power than your PC (i.e. lower-quality textures + character models);

modders haven't got a hold of the game (to fix it, add content to it, improve it, etc);

digital distributors can be very aggressive w/ trying to price-match & always out-do each other (see Steam, Amazon DVG, GreenManGaming, maybe Gamersgate once and a full moon, etc)

inevitable Re-Release Edition w/ all of the DLC's + Expansions planned a bit later;

base-games often brick down in price pretty quick for sale prices if they ain't selling well on the PC;

certain game companies often dish out copious amounts of DLC's/expansions (see GearBox w/ Borderlands 2; see Volition w/ SR3 + SR4; see Maxis for The Sims series and especially Sims 3; etc);

some companies are known to slash prices on sale quite fast and aggressively (i.e. see Square Enix and sometimes 2K);

buying from Bundle Sites (Groupees, Indie Gala, Humble Bundle) can get some games REAL cheap;

and the list goes on and on.

I know it's easier said than done, as I always don't follow my 75% off for backlogging rule. So, when I do buy ASAP games, I normally tend to buy games w/ a lot to them. Normally, that's long-winded RPG's - i.e. games from CD Projekt, BioWare & Bethesda. If I'm buying ASAP, I likely want a game that's gotten take me LOTS of time, hours, and whatnot playing the game on my playthrough. I want a time-sink. I often don't replay games. But, If it's short per play-through, I want the game to be heavily replayable b/c it'll have tons of different outcomes and that can actually entice me to run through it numerous times (i.e. see adventure game Shadow of Destiny).
Great advice.

I used to be a Day-One-Purchase kind of guy for console games. I had to have that shiny new $60 game the day it comes out. After one too many cases where that game would drop to 50% or more before I even touched it, I had to start to reconsider my ways.

Now I rarely pay more than $10 for a game, the exception generally being anything by Bethesda. The 75% off rule is my Golden Rule. If I pay more than 50% off or $15 for a game, I better be playing it that day. No more Day-One-Purchases for me.

Thanks to CAG and Steam, I have been clean of DOP for little over a year now, with all indications that it is in full remission. I have to stay vigilant though, because there is no cure for DOP, only recovery.

Must resist...buying PS4...and XBONE... STEAM OR GTFO!

Great advice.

I used to be a Day-One-Purchase kind of guy for console games. I had to have that shiny new $60 game the day it comes out. After one too many cases where that game would drop to 50% or more before I even touched it, I had to start to reconsider my ways.

Now I rarely pay more than $10 for a game, the exception generally being anything by Bethesda. The 75% off rule is my Golden Rule. If I pay more than 50% off or $15 for a game, I better be playing it that day. No more Day-One-Purchases for me.

Thanks to CAG and Steam, I have been clean of DOP for little over a year now, with all indications that it is in full remission. I have to stay vigilant though, because there is no cure for DOP, only recovery.
Glad to see you're learning how to CAG. :D

Must resist...buying PS4...and XBONE... STEAM OR GTFO!
If you like consoles - don't do it yet! PS4 and XBOne is too new - you know they'll later come out w/ a slimmer/smaller version and/or a console version that might have less technical problems...like they always do! ;)

For me - it's PC gaming or GTFO! ;)

If you like consoles - don't do it yet! PS4 and XBOne is too new - you know they'll later come out w/ a slimmer/smaller version and/or a console version that might have less technical problems...like they always do! ;)

You are absolutely right. While the urge to buy a shiny new system is there, my CAG training tells me that holding out will pay off in the long run. Besides there isn't much worth buying, game-wise, on the new systems that isn't also available on the PC, and my PC can probably out-perform the new consoles anyways. I will resist the urge...for now.

have u ever tried console ever in ur life mysterd ever ?

You are absolutely right. While the urge to buy a shiny new system is there, my CAG training tells me that holding out will pay off in the long run. Besides there isn't much worth buying, game-wise, on the new systems that isn't also available on the PC, and my PC can probably out-perform the new consoles anyways. I will resist the urge...for now.
dont forget ur desktop can all the time unlike console. u can upgrade ur graphic card ur ram ur hdd and many more customize it

have u ever tried console ever in ur life mysterd ever ?
Portable systems = Game Gear.

Consoles owned = Atari 7800, NES, Genesis,

and Last console owned = (original) PlayStation.

My nephew has had original XBox + now has X360 - so yep, I've played on those when visiting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back