Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think the idea is that you throw a couple neon tetras and maybe an angelfish in there with a resin castle figure and then wait to become bored with fish tank ownership.

Well, I think the idea is that you throw a couple neon tetras and maybe an angelfish in there with a resin castle figure and then wait to become bored with fish tank ownership.
Yeah, I think I get it now, lol. I always wondered who bought those Tetra's at the pet store. You know, the ones that have thier own private glass. I guess I now know.

Hilarious. Where did you find that?
He was a shelter cat... from what I know he'd spent most of his first 1.5 years in shelters... had been adopted out once and returned. He had a penchant for play-scratching/biting that I cured him of (I suppose an inexperienced cat priestess would have been put off). He also seriously had ADHD... but he was very friendly/social... he'd come up to me for a teeny bit of attention and reassurance every 15 minutes when he was in his active phase.

It actually was made to fit into the wall so it really doesnt take up any space at all. They look smaller than they sound. Here is a picture of a similar tank. Yeah, I guess it is pretty big when you stop and think about it. I have no experience whatsoever with fish tanks so I really don't know what an average sized tank is, although I assume its significantly smaller than 1000 gallons.

1000-gallon-aquarium.png

Yeah no doubt, lol. I do have to admit, his parrots are amazing! Too noisy for me, but they are absolutely beautiful and have really large vocabularies so they are just a stitch to hang out with.
Wow, that tank looks AMAZING =D

Wow, that tank looks AMAZING =D
Yeah, if your going to go all out, definitely go for the in the wall tanks. You can see them from both sides, plus its like having the same fish tank in 2 separate rooms. Not to mention they really do look amazing when properly done. My uncles tank actually looks a bit nicer than that tank as he is just a master as setting up the interior of the tank. He has been a serious fish tank guru for over 40 years. He goes out and hunts down rocks and drift wood and such to use in the tanks. Setting up the interior of the tank really is an art form in itself and can turn a great tank into a drop dead georgeous tank.

1k gallons sounds like a lot but actually isn't that much... more of a spa than a swimming pool. My pool is about 20k gallons and it really isn't that big of a pool.
Yeah the numbers make it seem bigger than they really are. 1000 gallons sounds like a lot, but its really not as big as it sounds. The fact that its in the wall makes it appear even smaller, as your only seeing the one side of the tank at any given time. That said, 20k does sound like a pretty big pool.

If you think thats bad, try having 7 of them. We have 4 females and 3 males, all standard domestic short haired except one, which is a Maine Coon that I bought from a breeder (always wanted a Maine Coon!). We have a saying in our house, "its thier house, we just live here". They wake me up every morning at 4:30 to be fed. They very quickly learned that you can say no to 1 or 2 of them, but when they act as a uniform group, its pretty much impossible to ignore them. I swear, one of them was a dog in his last life. He fetches, loves to go for car rides, and even makes these little noises that sound like a muffled bark. We have 4 large litter boxes, 5 cat castles, 3 Drinkwell fountains, and enough cat toys to fill a dump truck. My house is pure feline madness.
When my mom passed away, I had to find homes for roughly fourteen cats. I ended up taking four home giving me a total of five. I have three of what I call the leftovers still. Cat trees/castles and Drinkwell fountains are arguably the best purchases for someone who provides for feline roommates, ever. Why my mother had neither is beyond me.

I'm no Nostradamus but I have this weird feeling Amazon will have it on sale again very soon.
Yeah, but I've passed on it at this price before and the only reason I was considering it this time was the Playfire rewards. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be in a bundle someday. Maybe there will be a good Alien game by then.

It actually was made to fit into the wall so it really doesnt take up any space at all. They look smaller than they sound. Here is a picture of a similar tank. Yeah, I guess it is pretty big when you stop and think about it. I have no experience whatsoever with fish tanks so I really don't know what an average sized tank is, although I assume its significantly smaller than 1000 gallons.

1000-gallon-aquarium.png

Yeah no doubt, lol. I do have to admit, his parrots are amazing! Too noisy for me, but they are absolutely beautiful and have really large vocabularies so they are just a stitch to hang out with.
Damn that's some Mitt Rmoney stuff right there.

My question isn't who comes up with this, it's how does one decide that they're going to DO this? And then why does one CONTINUE to do this to great extents?
because it feels good.

Motoki: I love you.
Idiotekque: I love you too.
Motoki: Ok, I have to go.
Idiotekque: I'll miss you.
Motoki: I'll miss you too!
Idiotekque: ok, you hang up.
Motoki: No, you hang up, hehe
Idiotekque: Noooo, come on, you hang up!
Motoki: *silence*
Idiotekque: Did you hang up?
Motoki: No, still here, you hang up!
Idiotekque: hehe, you hang up!
NSA: ohmyfuckinggodIamgoingtokillyouboth!
46903372.jpg

Hey now, give my butt some credit. It can much more abuse than that.

Why would I deny it though? That's exactly what I said, lol.

Why is he sending you our chat logs?
spanksy spanksy

It's worth $2 considering you've probably bought fast food, for that same amount, that only rewarded you with diarrhea. So... ACM is only a little better than runny, liquid shits.
Have you actually played it? runny, liquid, explosive, seafoam spray - like shits are 100X better.

1000-gallon-aquarium.png

changed your member name to a more appropriate one
mine's not as big
ce2a03a391c8a2ec8bf4d9f3e72d7d89.jpg

my computer case
Aquarius-PC-Case4640x426.jpg

You're not supposed to feed them for the entire day when they do that. Teaches them not to demand food and also makes them suffer, which is always good.

And the snopes article talks about cats sucking the breath out of kids, which is obviously not true. While unlikely, I still don't doubt a cat would try to lay across my face and kill me in my sleep. That is why I do the same to them from time to time. I always let up at the last minute, but it teaches them who is boss.
My god you must be covered in facial wounds.

Also, hello. I like this thread.

I wanted to lurk long enough to be able to speak Tebow. I'm close. Like Spanish, I think I can order food, beer, and probably get into lots of trouble in the native country...whever that is.

True .. but that tank has no real fish in it ... :) Everything is plastic.
Poor kittykats. Wasted opportunity.

yes, fried the first one when i used seltzer water.

plastic fish can. :D
Have you ever tried to eat plastic fish?

They don't wriggle as you swallow them.

Did you really try seltzer water first???

Didn't the idea of WATER and electricity mixing not cross your mind? hehe
Well pure H2O is does not conduct electricity...

no, but have used distilled water in the past

Since distilled water is purified and does not contain any impurities, it is unable to conduct electricity. Water molecules on their own have no charge and as a result they cannot swap electrons. Without the swapping of electrons, electricity is unable to travel through distilled water.

Poor kittykats. Wasted opportunity.

Have you ever tried to eat plastic fish?

They don't wriggle as you swallow them.

y u so smart, spanksy spanksy.

Mostly true, it does conduct a VERY VERY small amount which may be harmful to sensitive things like a motherboard.

Seltzer water is far from pure though ... hehe ...

And getting pure uncontaminated water and keeping it contamination free would be very difficult. Especially once you put the MB in the water it's going to contaminate it :)

yes, fried the first one when i used seltzer water.

Ashes beat me about pure H2O doesn't conduct electricity. But yes, getting H2O is practically impossible. Always there will be a small particle that won't make it pure.

Mostly true, it does conduct a VERY VERY small amount which may be harmful to sensitive things like a motherboard.

And getting pure uncontaminated water and keeping it contamination free would be very difficult. Especially once you put the MB in the water it's going to contaminate it :)
Well then it's not pure then. ;)

spherical_cow_by_mawscm-d5s1gyo.png

Electronic stuff plus water aren't friends, same as a cat isn't friend of a mice. That's why I'm reluctant to put water cooling system to my computer. Any leak means "bye bye".

I always looked for any form of cooling instead air. I researched a lot about mineral oil, but it's expensive and maintenance is a pain. Ended up with air system (at least very silent fans)

Electronic stuff plus water aren't friends, same as a cat isn't friend of a mice. That's why I'm reluctant to put water cooling system to my computer. Any leak means "bye bye".

I always looked for any form of cooling instead air. I researched a lot about mineral oil, but it's expensive and maintenance is a pain. Ended up with air system (at least very silent fans)
Another translation: I'm a classic VW fan.

Seems no one was interested in the Project Spark keys ...

So I will just post them ..

283PJ-TUN2K-K72P4-6XPR8-PK36X

2833M-5P6MJ-UMM64-XX6JR-RU23X

Hopefully someone will enjoy it. If codes are used up and someone still wants to try the game head to your local Microsoft Store and ask if they have any more. They where giving them away there. If you don't have access to a MS Store I can see if I can get you one if you interested.

My god you must be covered in facial wounds.

Also, hello. I like this thread.

I wanted to lurk long enough to be able to speak Tebow. I'm close. Like Spanish, I think I can order food, beer, and probably get into lots of trouble in the native country...whever that is.
I consider you an appropriate replacement for Tebow. Welcome.

If I am not mistaken water cooling systems typically use a non conductive solution so it there was a leak there be no issues.

I just use air ... not concerned about fan noise and water cooling is to expensive for my needs. If I was a serious overclocker then maybe but I never overclock .. never had the need.

When my mom passed away, I had to find homes for roughly fourteen cats. I ended up taking four home giving me a total of five. I have three of what I call the leftovers still. Cat trees/castles and Drinkwell fountains are arguably the best purchases for someone who provides for feline roommates, ever. Why my mother had neither is beyond me.
Wow, 14 cats. Now that is insane!! I would have dreaded something like that as I would have wound up getting attached to them and kept them. I don't know how people foster kittens and such. It would just be incredibly hard to actually let them go. I am not sure I could actually do something like that. I am just too much of a softy when it comes to animals, especially kittens/cats.

I actually build my own cat castles now. It seemed like I could never find one that was exactly what I was looking for. Either the set up wasnt right or the levels were just too damn small. I finally just said screw it and learned how to build them myself. I already had all the woodworking tools I needed. The hardest part was learning to do the carpeting, but even that isnt that tough once you do it a couple times. All in all I have made over 20 of them now in total, including the 5 I currently own for my cats. The others I made for freinds and family. The best part about making them yourself, besides being able to design it exactly how you want it, is they only wind up costing around 40 bucks. The castles I have now would have cost at least $200-$300 bucks each had I bought them in stores. They are pretty big castles overall. I want to learn to make the ones that actually look like real trees. Not sure if you have seen those kinds of cat castles before, but they are really cool and super expensive. They cost upwards of 700-1000 dollars but look amazing and the cats supposedly love them.

Wow, 14 cats. Now that is insane!! I would have dreaded something like that as I would have wound up getting attached to them and kept them. I don't know how people foster kittens and such. It would just be incredibly hard to actually let them go. I am not sure I could actually do something like that. I am just too much of a softy when it comes to animals, especially kittens/cats.

I actually build my own cat castles now. It seemed like I could never find one that was exactly what I was looking for. Either the set up wasnt right or the levels were just too damn small. I finally just said screw it and learned how to build them myself. I already had all the woodworking tools I needed. The hardest part was learning to do the carpeting, but even that isnt that tough once you do it a couple times. All in all I have made over 20 of them now in total, including the 5 I currently own for my cats. The others I made for freinds and family. The best part about making them yourself, besides being able to design it exactly how you want it, is they only wind up costing around 40 bucks. The castles I have now would have cost at least $200-$300 bucks each had I bought them in stores. They are pretty big castles overall. I want to learn to make the ones that actually look like real trees. Not sure if you have seen those kinds of cat castles before, but they are really cool and super expensive. They cost upwards of 700-1000 dollars but look amazing and the cats supposedly love them.
have: humble bundle weekly
want: you to build me this
Cat-paradise-5.jpg

Cat-paradise-1.jpg

Have you actually played it? runny, liquid, explosive, seafoam spray - like shits are 100X better.
I have and it's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Don't misunderstand. It's by no means good and struggles (like a kid in a wheelchair trying to get up a steep, icy hill) just to be mediocre. But for $2? Come on. I've paid $20 for lap dances that still haunt me to this very day, so I'm not sweating buying a digital game for that pocket change.

Also, it frightens me that you've ever had shits that required such description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back