Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I've made a new friend:

czyPONv.png
did you fall for the promise of free candy again?

candy, being mns food nuts. :D

I'm sorry to dissapoint you but until my first post I haven't lurked any keys or even joined a privat giveaway on steamgifts.
I'm a mensch when it comes to that stuff.
Last but not least. I'm a proud owner of a paid copy of "Bad Rats".
Shockin', I know!
Okay guys, I've got my account activated and up and running. Apologies for the delay in replying, I wanted to jump in last night! Allow me to rapid-fire respond to a bunch of what I've missed.

Thanks so much, Tony. It's been great to work with you, and I'm excited to continue where you left off. If I do my job right, in a few weeks these people will be thinking, "I wish we had Josh ages ago."

I'm representing both the physical and digital sides of Amazon games, so I'll be bringing you physical deals as well. I'm going to create a new thread so I can manage the title, have something more manageable, etc. Question for all of you folks, would you prefer to have separate threads for digital / physical deals, or should I consolidate into one monstrous "Amazon Deals Extravaganza" thread?

SKajFSU.jpg

*I'll probably eventually leave, but hopefully not for a long time*

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's going to be a good time, Tony prepped me on everything. You guys like full priced games and corporate PR-approved statements, right?

1) My skin is like leather.
2) I legitimately have a note in my Notes app on my phone where I keep track of every stupid joke I come up with, many of them really bad puns. Check.
3) Meet Zack.
4) My skin is like leather.
5) See above.
6) See above the above.
7) Ugh, stop listing the same thing over and over.
8) That's pronounced may-may, right?
9) I'm a quick learner.
10) Despite my leathery skin, I have been told I have overly soft hands, which allows for deft keyboard movements, bringing you deals ever so slightly faster.

Tony's done a great job here, I look forward to living up to your expectations, riding that line for a while, then blowing past them so you like me much better than Tony and I can rub it in his face.

(Post was too long, second post incoming.)
Welcome to the sanitarium, Josh.

Wow, lying to them as you leave, way to have a bad last impression.

Shouldn't Tony become T-Penny, since he's dealing with coins?

I sure do. In addition to making great waffles, I make awesome burgers (Homemade taco seasoning in the ground beef, melted jack cheese stuffed inside the burger).

Appreciate the advice. I'm always open to criticism too, so if I'm not doing what you want me to, just give me a heads up.

Yes. My downstairs neighbors hate me, and I decided I wanted a trampoline more than I wanted to be able to use my living room.

(Okay, one more.)
Add some jalapenos inside the burger and throw some guacamole and caramelized onions on top, and a couple strips of applewood bacon on top of that. I also like to use a 60% ground chuck / 40 % ground pork mixture for my burgers.

Every time Morgan Freeman shows up to explain a plot, he earns a freckle.

Similarly, everytime someone uses "ftfy" he or she loses a brain cell.
that last line explains a lot about you.

Cat people are gross but I'll try not to hold that against you too much.
I was able to capture this picture by accessing your webcam

Lots_Of_Cats825.jpg

Cat-People.jpg
cat-people.jpg

Notice he said cat people.

cat people are arguably more likely to be non self-sufficient and clean (gross), which is why they require a self-sufficient and clean (and less personable and more evil) pet to make up for it.

Dog people can afford to have pets that have accidents and need a higher level of care because of how self sufficient and clean they are
damn, I have 4 dogs and 5 cats probably why I'm still waiting for cumsuckmyfaceoff to come change my diaper.

re-reporting him on Angie's List.

Not just any gummy bears.

tumblr_m41a5rbk441r7mfd6o1_500.jpg
this also works with moonshine.

1ACX06-The-Son-Also-Draws.avi_001270812.jpg

You know, I saved an entire 2 characters. LN3000 versus LN3K. Besides, It gives the MST3K vibes.
your username is too long so I changed it for you. you're welcome

Catching up on the thread and dropping out of Lurker mode.

Congratulations on the promotion Tony. I hope you occasionally check into these threads and say Hi.

560.gif

And Josh, welcome aboard! Looks like you are off to a good start. May the good deals ever flow freely through you!

tumblr_n26o9vbY1M1r60h6bo6_r1_250.gif

Ok, just caught up a little bit. 

Tony, great news on the promotion.  Good luck  and please keep in touch.

Josh, it goes without saying that you have some big shoes to fill in, but it seems you are off to a good start.  Welcome to CAG and hopefully you can understand the humor in this group.  Thank you in advance for keeping us informed and hanging out.

Sweet, thanks for SPAZ Motoki, LN and walkonshadows. I was amazingly lucky winning it instead of the other guy that entered =P

Also amazingly, I didn't own it already.

#fakecag

Deuterium7 has the keys for Gun Monkeys and will be sending them out soon. 

And thanks to Hal for contributing some games for the giveaway. They're all mixed up into one list, so I apologize if I'm giving mixed information. 

If I haven't already reached out to you to thank you for your help, please know that I appreciate it, and I intend to try to do something mega cool for you soon.

Man, I leave the thread for a week, and look what happens. What did you kids do here? That's it; next time, I'm getting you a sitter.

I'm representing both the physical and digital sides of Amazon games, so I'll be bringing you physical deals as well. I'm going to create a new thread so I can manage the title, have something more manageable, etc. Question for all of you folks, would you prefer to have separate threads for digital / physical deals, or should I consolidate into one monstrous "Amazon Deals Extravaganza" thread?
So, in addition to the Steam/Origin/Uplay client questions that pop up during every sale, you want to further complicate your life by combining physical and DD deals in the same thread? Okay, I'll play. This looks like fun. (Note to self: see if Amazon sells those giant bags of popcorn.)

Cute cat. Strange place for a litterbox, though. And it looks like your cat poops phone chargers?

I don't know if either of our paychecks is big enough to buy all of you a game. Channeling Dune here, the deals must flow.
Ooooh, first trick missed. Old Tony would have linked here; New Tony would link here. (By the way, how long will it take for Tony to get a tattoo of an Angry Bird or or some other tablet game character? This needs to be an intra-Amazon pool, at the very least.)

People still buy boxed retail PC games? Seems pretty pointless to me since in most cases these days it's just a Steam or Origin or Uplay key that wastes paper and fuel and takes extra time to get to you.
If all that wasted paper and fuel and taxes still results in a cheaper game than the DD version, I'm okay with it. Amazon brings my kid diapers on a regular basis, so I'm already supporting inefficient transportation schemes. A PC jewel box is nothing in comparison.

EDIT: Had to turn off CAG 3.0 to fix the formatting. Thanks, technology!

I tend to just read forums and not post on them, but I won several games thanks to the generosity of this community, so I thought I should take the time to write something. Even though I don't much participate I can say this is a great place to be.

Tony: even though I just started being a CAG, I can say that it is truly wonderful to have someone like you interact with the community in addition to getting great deals, good luck in your new position.

Josh: Dark Souls 2, $10, counting on you.

Can I request that you permanently take all the crappy SIM games (trains, farming, kayaking, etc) increase their prices by 200% and include a nice/nasty Trojan with every download?

So how long is the NBA2K14 deal supposed to be going on for? I'm hoping against all I know to be true that it is available again before the sale ends.

The only way to settle this is for him to just give us both deals. It's the only way to be sure.
I approve this message.

I go away for a few weeks and Tony abandons us for the far less hectic pastures of any OTHER job at Amazon. You know, put that way, I can't say I blame him.

You gotta wonder what's wrong with Josh, though.

So how long is the NBA2K14 deal supposed to be going on for? I'm hoping against all I know to be true that it is available again before the sale ends.
My guess is that it got taken down because they didn't want the coupon we earned to stack with the sale. Most likely it'll be "available" again after the price goes back.

I think a girl's first bundle should be like Nancy Drew and a bunch of hidden object games. ;)

Speaking of which, I am kind of curious what Amazon's going to do to try to get the casual side going. Tony never really seemed to penetrate that market that I could tell. 

I like some of those casual games but I already have a small (as in 150 vs 1500 on Steam) collection of games on Big Fish and would rather not add yet another play to go and download my games from into the mix.

Oh and the categorization could use some work too. Right now Lego Marvel is the top game in the 'casual' section. :p

There are a lot of games on BigFish that I wouldn't mind playing, I just don't need to be adding anything to the amount of games I have on Steam, and they've been having quite a few hidden object games get released there, too.  I do enjoy the casual games, though, especially when I want to play something but don't really want to do much thinking.

There are a lot of games on BigFish that I wouldn't mind playing, I just don't need to be adding anything to the amount of games I have on Steam, and they've been having quite a few hidden object games get released there, too. I do enjoy the casual games, though, especially when I want to play something but don't really want to do much thinking.
Most of the Nancy Drew games are on Steam and they're actually pretty good as casual games go. Greenman also sells them as Steam keys (HINT HINT Amazon) so you can always keep an eye out for a sale on them there too.

I think a girl's first bundle should be like Nancy Drew and a bunch of hidden object games. ;)

Speaking of which, I am kind of curious what Amazon's going to do to try to get the casual side going. Tony never really seemed to penetrate that market that I could tell.

I like some of those casual games but I already have a small (as in 150 vs 1500 on Steam) collection of games on Big Fish and would rather not add yet another play to go and download my games from into the mix.

Oh and the categorization could use some work too. Right now Lego Marvel is the top game in the 'casual' section. :p
But how many people really care about the casual games outside of me, you, and MrNinjaSquirrel? I fully support more casual fare coming to Amazon with Steam keys, but I'm not sure there's a big market for it.

There's a big market for casual games, it's just a very different market than the Steam 'hardcore gamer' market. I'm not sure how to reach them though or where they hang out other than Big Fish and maybe Facebook.

I don't know where they hang out either, but more of you need to go get Bejeweled 3 from the Humble Weekly and beat my scores. I downloaded it last night, and transferred my scores from the Mac App Store version on my wife's computer and got very depressed. What was I doing with my life 2 years ago?

There's a big market for casual games, it's just a very different market than the Steam 'hardcore gamer' market. I'm not sure how to reach them though or where they hang out other than Big Fish and maybe Facebook.
I feel you. It surprises me how many people game to some degree. A coworker of mine is addicted to some Dragon something game on Facebook.

So yeah, Josh, casual games. Release the flood of Steam casual game keys, and untold waves of bodies will collide with one another hither and thither to gobble them up.

But how many people really care about the casual games outside of me, you, and MrNinjaSquirrel? I fully support more casual fare coming to Amazon with Steam keys, but I'm not sure there's a big market for it.
Deal me in on that list. My wife (as has been addressed) is a ND fan, but I like me some casual every now 'n' then, also...

Man, that's frustrating. I just spent $5 on Typing of the Dead 2 weeks ago. Oh well... 

I'm pretty sure this means I'll be able to get the DLC for it though, so I'll take a bite anyway.

Man, that's frustrating. I just spent $5 on Typing of the Dead 2 weeks ago. Oh well...

I'm pretty sure this means I'll be able to get the DLC for it though, so I'll take a bite anyway.
If you have most of the games from Sega, it cost about the same for just Typing of the Dead. Which game are you missing from the bundle?

Well, I bought the first two tiers. Kind of bummed about the single-key per tier approach. I already have the Genesis games (though not on Steam) from Amazon. Same with Company of Heroes. Still a great buy, though.

I love adventure and hidden object games, have since I was a kid playing the old Cyan games and still love to see them on PC. The Bundle of Nancys deal that Tony ran some time ago was epic. :) The Flappy Bird and other similar types of casual games, I prefer to play on my phone while I'm in transit or waiting at the theatre or something. It would be nice if we could more easily filter them out again on Amazon since the change over with the PC and Mac download categories with casual being integrated (despite that you can still see just casual games in their own category), but I don't begrudge Amazon (or Steam when mobile ports show up there) selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back