Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone hasn't played They Bleed Pixels.
While I was typing that, I thought "Well, TBP takes some getting used to, but not enough people have played it to know why it's such a pain in the ass." Which it is. I'm not very deep into it , but I do have it installed, waiting patiently for me to finish Giana Sisters and Dust.

While I was typing that, I thought "Well, TBP takes some getting used to, but not enough people have played it to know why it's such a pain in the ass." Which it is. I'm not very deep into it , but I do have it installed, waiting patiently for me to finish Giana Sisters and Dust.
I need to get back to it, but yeah, it's a pain in the ass along the lines of SMB.

No kidding. Always bummed I missed that. I don't know why I want Mars: War Logs. It doesn't look super like my kind of game (my games need glitter, pretty colors, and pet pandas), but I think it's one of those things where because I missed a deal...

I CAN'T STAND IT.
I would like at least one game with a pet panda. What would you recommend? Or is this just your way of saying you buy all of your games through Jake? :D

I would like at least one game with a pet panda. What would you recommend? Or is this just your way of saying you buy all of your games through Jake? :D
Me too. Now since she mentioned it I am really wanting this mythological pet panda game. Thanks a lot Utopianmachine.

So I'm pretty sure I figured out a completely legit way to get $70 (or more) for $50 on Amazon...

They've got a promo where if you give $50 in Amazon Gift cards, you get $10 in promo credit for yourself. So say you're married and your spouse also gets this offer; you can buy the GC for her, get $10, then she can use the $50 to buy the GC for you and also get $10. The $50 will definitely get used at some point (everybody shops at Amazon) so it's not so much losing $50 as spending it early. If you get more people in on it then you could just pass the "free" $50 around, assuming you trust whoever to gift you back the $50 GC, and everybody involved ends up with $10 in credit.

I'm not going to do it, but it seemed like a pretty easy way for a group of people to get free money.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_67690_113602840_pe_button/?docId=1002342841

So I'm pretty sure I figured out a completely legit way to get $70 (or more) for $50 on Amazon...

They've got a promo where if you give $50 in Amazon Gift cards, you get $10 in promo credit for yourself. So say you're married and your spouse also gets this offer; you can buy the GC for her, get $10, then she can use the $50 to buy the GC for you and also get $10. The $50 will definitely get used at some point (everybody shops at Amazon) so it's not so much losing $50 as spending it early. If you get more people in on it then you could just pass the "free" $50 around, assuming you trust whoever to gift you back the $50 GC, and everybody involved ends up with $10 in credit.

I'm not going to do it, but it seemed like a pretty easy way for a group of people to get free money.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_67690_113602840_pe_button/?docId=1002342841
Sounds good, but it looks like you'll only have about a month to spend it though, or two weeks if they email the code at the end of the month.

Just purchase at least $50 in Amazon.com Gift Cards by March 31, 2014, and we'll email you a $10 promotional code to spend at Amazon.com by April 15, 2014.

How can you not have World of Zoo on steam?

large-1-640x350.jpg
It won't let me give you multiple likes. This game is epic. My daughter likes the monkeys the best. They, as IRL, are disgusting. My son enjoys torturing them (which gives me great pause based on many true crime-type documentaries). Either way, this game is worth owning.

not sure you can use AmazonGC/credit balance to buy AmazonGC. If you can, then...cool.

not sure you can use AmazonGC/credit balance to buy AmazonGC. If you can, then...cool.
I don't think so either. From Amazon:

Amazon.com Gift Cards can't be used to purchase other gift cards or applied to any order containing another gift card. You'll need to provide a credit card, debit card, or other valid payment method to pay for the order if you have gift cards in your Shopping Cart.

It won't let me give you multiple likes. This game is epic. My daughter likes the monkeys the best. They, as IRL, are disgusting. My son enjoys torturing them (which gives me great pause based on many true crime-type documentaries). Either way, this game is worth owning.
I always used to hate monkeys as a kid and would tease them at the zoo. They just always seem like mean spirited hot headed poop throwing pains in the ass.

My mother would always say they were the animals that are closes to humans and I would reply back that's probably why I hate them so much.

Surprisingly, the phrase Gorilla Diaper does not, however, cause me to flip out.

have no interest in "clogging" my library with something like Hell Yeah!
Neophyte. Collecting steam games is all about the numbers. :mrgreen:

World of Warcraft Collector's Edition (2004)

The animations are much cuter than the stills.

cepets.jpg

You can't use Amazon GC to buy GC... I would have expected any CAG to know this. #FakeCAG (points for effort though)

I always used to hate monkeys as a kid and would tease them at the zoo. They just always seem like mean spirited hot headed poop throwing pains in the ass.

My mother would always say they were the animals that are closes to humans and I would reply back that's probably why I hate them so much.

Surprisingly, the phrase Gorilla Diaper does not, however, cause me to flip out.
Yeah. I always have that uneasy feeling with other primates, too. Like, "Well no wonder we're all assholes sometimes."

But non-great ape primates? Those are just horrible animals. I hate them, too.

I once had a bit of an uncomfortable encounter with a male orangutan in close quarters. Luckily, we were separated appropriately or I'm sure he would've pulled all my limbs off.

large-1-640x350.jpg
Apparently no one has been nice enough to gift me a copy. Do I have to do everything for myself? You all are as bad as a bunch of nasty, self-centered, poo-flinging chimps!

I kid. I kid.

You know what really bothers me about primates though? Their fingernails. They are just so human-like and for some reason that freaks me out and I have to look away.

you may be able to get $120 for $100, but

Important Notification: This offer is good ONLY to customers who received the email invitation. If you did not receive an email invitation, you are not eligible for this offer. Customers receiving the invitation must use the Amazon.com account associated with the email address to which the invitation was sent in order to qualify.
Also note that it is a very short amount of time (by Amazon standards) to use it, by April 15, 2014

I'm happy you came out of hiding. No one can replace Tebow, but you're not half bad

It represents every choice you made in life that you've regretted, every friend you've lost, why your parents got a divorce, that promotion you could have had, and why your grandma died.

Until you backlog own Mars: War Logs, you will never be able to live your life in peace. The red planet will hang over you like a curse, all because you didn't buy CAG Bundle 2 soon enough.
HOW IS IT YOU KNOW ME SO WELL? :shock:

Hey Josh,

I have been asking Tony for a while now to have some kind of awesome bundle with a lot of square enix older titles with Steam keys.

Just saw getgamesgo is doing a sale with all of these titles.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/category/square-enix-classics

Was wondering if somehow you can arrange a few awesome bundles with squeenix for amazon.

Don't need any deus ex or thief games part of the sale, those go on sale very often anyways, it's the other games. that would make a really sweet bundle.

If you can, please let us know if it is being mentioned to them, or if it is even possible in the next few weeks.

Thanks!

Stop corrupting the new-ish members. They're going to start thinking you're actually someone worth conversing with.

Dumbass.
Are you saying that I was a beautiful soul worth saving previous to this? Because if so, you're mean. You're one of those people that give hope to the hopeless. It never ends well, Neuro. Never.

Me too. Now since she mentioned it I am really wanting this mythological pet panda game. Thanks a lot Utopianmachine.
Well, you can have a panda battle for you in Torchlight II. I totally restarted the game to play with the panda.

And as for Jake, I've bought a lot from him.

large-1-640x350.jpg
Also, this game -- World of Zoo -- is the bastard child of Nintendogs and roadkill.

I second that emotion. Tony NEVER did a good Assassin's Creed sale.

Plus, isn't National Assassin's Day coming up soon? ;)
When AC4: Black Flag - Gold Edition going to be $15 or less? ;)

EDIT:

Josh, where's my Typing of the Dead + Heall Yeah + Binary Domain + all DLC bundle?
Is that gonna be part of the Amazon DVG Sega Bundle for the $1 tier? ;)

EDIT 2:

Sure would be nice to see Mars: War Logs at the ~$2 price point again...or at least bundled with games that didn't suck/already belong on my steam list.
THIS!

Hey Josh, just letting you know that it was Tony's policy to always pricematch any requests, including Impulse, Gamefly, GamersGate, GreenManGaming, and Nuuvem! We'll expect you to pricematch the same sites, don't let us down!

And when he logged back into the game, Josh quickly learned that CAG is a persistent world.  Tebow had died of dysentery, the regulars were hungry for deals, and a million questions had been asked.  

NBA deal seems to be back up. Great price, bought it even though I already have 2k13, just couldn't resist that $4.89 price tag.

NBA deal seems to be back up. Great price, bought it even though I already have 2k13, just couldn't resist that $4.89 price tag.
I'm on the fence. I never got through my season on 2K13 and i don't usually buy the latest sports games just because. So I'll probably pass a year or two on the NBA 2K series, though it is a very good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back