Amazon PMing Best Buy/Walmart Blu Ray prices - Gladiator, Braveheart, Departed etc.

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Just scored Braveheart
iconbluraypng.png
and Gladiator
iconbluraypng.png
for $10.00 each, and the Departed is $7.99
iconbluraypng.png

Tons more deals popping up...

The price may not show up correctly in the search results for the movie titles (i.e. Braveheart was listed at $19.99), so click on the link to the actual product page and the hot price should be there.

Just got Monsters vs Aliens at Best Buys site. But getting Gladiator and all the Harry Potter movies for $10 each at Amazon.

[quote name='Jodou']In for Gladiator, thanks![/QUOTE]

Braveheart is a must buy on BluRay. It's a stellar transfer.

For the love of Victoria's Secret models, DO NOT buy Gladiator, even at $10. It's an abomination of a transfer with missing arrows, spears missing pieces in the middle and it has edge enhancement from hell.

Please, out of principle, don't support this kind of "cleaning" and tinkering.
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu...n/91237-gladiator-comparison-pix-reviews.html
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1173155&highlight=gladiator

Heh, I'll be taking advantage of the $10 rebate for both since I own them on DVD, so it's not going to cost me a thing.

Cool, no tax from Amazon, and no having to deal with the Walmart crowds. Picked up Braveheart and Gladiator, along with Spaceballs and Lonesome Dove. Under $40 for the four, thanks OP!

[quote name='Jodou']Heh, I'll be taking advantage of the $10 rebate for both since I own them on DVD, so it's not going to cost me a thing.[/QUOTE]

I thought the rebate expired on 10/31, but I'm in for both hoping that the rebate is still alive. Either way it's a good deal.

In for:

Entourage seasons(DVD) 1-5 $10 each
Silence of the Lambs(BD) $8
Goodfellas(BD) $8
The Dark Knight(BD) $13
Fight Club/Boondock Saints Combo $21

Way to go Amazon!

[quote name='got_rock']I thought the rebate expired on 10/31, but I'm in for both hoping that the rebate is still alive. Either way it's a good deal.[/QUOTE]
From my copy of Forrest Gump: expires June 30, 2010. It lists Gladiator, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, It's A Wonderful Life, The Godfather, and Transformers as eligible. Put any fears to rest. ;)

[quote name='Jodou']From my copy of Forrest Gump: expires June 30, 2010. It lists Gladiator, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, It's A Wonderful Life, The Godfather, and Transformers as eligible. Put any fears to rest. ;)[/QUOTE]

Is it just a snip the UPC code type deal off my old DVD ?

[quote name='Jodou']From my copy of Forrest Gump: expires June 30, 2010. It lists Gladiator, Braveheart, Forrest Gump, It's A Wonderful Life, The Godfather, and Transformers as eligible. Put any fears to rest. ;)[/QUOTE]

For Braveheart, does the form specify whether the DVD has to be the 2007 Special Collector's Edition, or can it be the original 2000 release?

[quote name='Rollett']Is it just a snip the UPC code type deal off my old DVD ?[/QUOTE]
It says. . .

1) Proof-of purchase tab or UPC from your original DVD
2) Proof-of purchase tab from your Blu-ray High-Def version of the same movie
3) Cash register receipt for your NEW Blu-ray High-Def purchase imprinted with store name and dated between 9/1/09 -- 6/30/10 with purchase price circled (photocopies acceptable).
4) This original, hand-printed, completed certificate (no photocopies allowed).

Allow 6-8 weeks for check to arrive

One rebate per title per household.

Kinda sucky you have to cut out the tab from your BD copy, so it may not be worth it for some people.

[quote name='62t']I wish amazon would match walmart for Coraline[/QUOTE]
Same, I want it for $11.50. Hopefully they match it soon as they have on the Departed and some others.

[quote name='csabatini']Same, I want it for $11.50. Hopefully they match it soon as they have on the Departed and some others.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it is down to $11.99 now amazon

Amazon has the Harry Potter 1-5 set for $55 or the individual movies for $10 each, the same as Walmart. Anyone know if there is any benefit of buying the 1-5 set?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Amazon has the Harry Potter 1-5 set for $55 or the individual movies for $10 each, the same as Walmart. Anyone know if there is any benefit of buying the 1-5 set?[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I believe the Harry Potter 1-5 set the cases are a bit different. I think they're the slimmer cases.

I wish I had gotten my Harry Potters as the individuals. I bought the HD DVD trunk, updated it later with the WB red2blu to the blu trunk

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Amazon has the Harry Potter 1-5 set for $55 or the individual movies for $10 each, the same as Walmart. Anyone know if there is any benefit of buying the 1-5 set?[/QUOTE]

None, just comes with a cardboard box that'll be out of date on 12/8 when Half-Blood Prince comes out... Buy 'em for $10 each individual and think about tacking on HBP for about $16, I think it's the 2nd best of the series (after Azkaban)

Dang, didn't realize they had already matched on the Harry Potter BDs! Was not sure they were going to since Order of the Phoenix is still listed on the calender as a Lightning deal for tomorrow (for $9.99 lol). One less thing I need to hunt for in the morning!

children of the corn 6.99 finally!!! XD
Those waiting for amazon to pm other blu ray may want to start checking if they've pm-ed them now. I checked for COTC at around 8 and it was still 9.99. Just checked and it's finally 6.99!!

I'm gettin' There Will Be Blood BR for $10, Mad Men S1 BR for $15, and possibly Fringe S1 BR for $28. $28 seems a bit much though, gonna see if I can find it another place first.

[quote name='neuropunk']Wish they would price match Target for Gremlins $13.[/QUOTE]

They won't even have Gremlins until next week. It's been a Target exclusive since its release. I guess Black Friday will be Target's last hurrah with exclusivity on the title.

[quote name='rapsodist']They won't even have Gremlins until next week. It's been a Target exclusive since its release. I guess Black Friday will be Target's last hurrah with exclusivity on the title.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I had no idea.

Gremlins is listed on Amazon, but I guess Amazon is not one of the sellers. Well, at least I got all the blu-rays and PS3 games I need. No need to wake up super early tomorrow.

Hmm...Wish they had price matched Walmart's $5.50 price on the fast and the furious blu-rays.

Well, there's still hope for a good deal tonight I suppose.

I wish they'd pricematch the DVD's. My girlfriend wants the eighth season of Smallville, and the closest BB is 65 miles round trip. Dunno if the local Wal-Mart will pricematch it, since it's that far away.

[quote name='madara']Ummm...your expecting them to do it again? They did Smallville lightning deals last tuesday. I grabbed quite a few.[/QUOTE]

I was gone on vacation all week, and didn't have access to a computer. Didn't know they had.

Son of a bitch! Coraline went out of stock on Wal-Mart.com. Looks like Amazon has no reason to drop the price further now. I should have just ordered it from Wal-Mart and used bing cashback when I had the chance. I wonder what the odds of it coming back in stock are.

I dunno they might, Borderlands PC was $20 at Gamestop, it went OOS, then Amazon began PMing that shit. It's possible for Coraline as well, I guess.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Son of a bitch! Coraline went out of stock on Wal-Mart.com. Looks like Amazon has no reason to drop the price further now. I should have just ordered it from Wal-Mart and used bing cashback when I had the chance. I wonder what the odds of it coming back in stock are.[/QUOTE]

sorry if i missed something, but isn't it $11.99 on amazon and was $11.50 at walmart? its only a .50 difference. also, not sure if there is a difference, but the one on amazon is showing it includes the 3d version.

[quote name='ghozt']sorry if i missed something, but isn't it $11.99 on amazon and was $11.50 at walmart? its only a .50 difference. also, not sure if there is a difference, but the one on amazon is showing it includes the 3d version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. But with Wal-Mart, I was factoring in a 10% employee discount and the 15% cashback. Stupidly, I waited to see if the cashback would go any higher after midnight...it didn't. And then Coraline was out of stock. It was only a difference of a couple bucks, so I guess that's the price I'll pay for rolling the dice. Played with fire, got burned, lol.

EDIT - You're right. It does appear that the one on Amazon is "better" though...at least it contains the 3D version. Whether or not that will ever be of any use to me, who knows. But at least I get something for that extra $2, haha.

[quote name='tokerblue']Braveheart is a must buy on BluRay. It's a stellar transfer.

For the love of Victoria's Secret models, DO NOT buy Gladiator, even at $10. It's an abomination of a transfer with missing arrows, spears missing pieces in the middle and it has edge enhancement from hell.

Please, out of principle, don't support this kind of "cleaning" and tinkering.
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu...n/91237-gladiator-comparison-pix-reviews.html
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1173155&highlight=gladiator[/QUOTE]

Post like these have held me back from buying Gladiator on bluray. But what I'm i suppose to do? Gladiator is one of my favorite movies....:cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='Viol8tor']Post like these have held me back from buying Gladiator on bluray. But what I'm i suppose to do? Gladiator is one of my favorite movies....:cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]
I bought it. I was worried when people posted saying to not buy it but if you really want to pay $30 next time, go ahead. I don't give a bleep about any edge cuts or whatever the hell these jargon terms that I don't even understand mean. It's $10 and it's Blu-Ray. I know it must be better than the DVD version.

[quote name='ghozt']sorry if i missed something, but isn't it $11.99 on amazon and was $11.50 at walmart? its only a .50 difference. also, not sure if there is a difference, but the one on amazon is showing it includes the 3d version.[/QUOTE]Amazon bumped it back up to $14.99 after it went OOS at walmart

On another note does anyone have an opinion on the X-Men trilogy for $30? I think I saw the first one, I can't decide whether to get in on it or not.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Post like these have held me back from buying Gladiator on bluray. But what I'm i suppose to do? Gladiator is one of my favorite movies....:cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and bought it as well. Although I understand the gripes people have I plan on just enjoying the movie and not thinking about. Bluray.com said it best in their review when they said that the most important thing about the disc is the quality of the movie, not the pq. I've wanted the Gladiator DVD for a while and everyone has said that the Blu is at least an improvement over the DVD.

picked up V for Vendetta, Gladiator and Braveheart for $27.99 shipped using the 1-month free trial of Amazon Prime. thanks OP!

bread's done
Back