(Amazon PM's Here) Best Buy Blue Sunday Video Game Deals: PS Vita $170, Tearaway $30, NFS: Rivals (360/PS3/PC) $40/$30 and More

Exciting!

For those of you with Discover Cards, don't forget that ShopDiscover's Holiday Cashback bonus and online shopping cashback bonus are BOTH live and STACK!

Tearaway is $30 * .8 (GCU) * 1.06 (local sales tax) * .85 (10% ShopDiscover Cashback @ BBY + 5% Online Shopping Cashback for a grand total of $21.62 for me.  Walking Dead Vita comes out to $10.81.  Can't say no to those prices.  Fast plats, trade to GS or even back to best buy at break even.

Exciting!

For those of you with Discover Cards, don't forget that ShopDiscover's Holiday Cashback bonus and online shopping cashback bonus are BOTH live and STACK!

Tearaway is $30 * .8 (GCU) * 1.06 (local sales tax) * .85 (10% ShopDiscover Cashback @ BBY + 5% Online Shopping Cashback for a grand total of $21.62 for me. Walking Dead Vita comes out to $10.81. Can't say no to those prices. Fast plats, trade to GS or even back to best buy at break even.
I am having trouble figuring out your math...

Damn I pre-ordered Tearaway from them and it hasn't got here yet.

Ugh I bet it will be a hassle to price adjust and get the 20% off.

Is this deal only for today? 

I am going to run over to my Local BB at 8am and pick up either the Walking Dead Bundle or the 8GB one.  I think I might be better off with the larger card.  I have played the game on both XBox360 and PS3 so I won't miss it much.  

This is going to be a crazy week. Today's sales are just the starting gun.

Either way, thanks OP. I ordered Puppeteer. Handsomepete's been a big advocate of this game. Definitely looks fun.

And is this only for Sunday..? I'm kinda new to this x) lol
Sit back and enjoy the CAG ride after next Monday you will be able to breathe a little until your CC bill shows up!

Definitely jumped on Tearaway, thanks to dc delta90 and his BB fellows for getting that GCU extension on my account this week.  Figures I'm in the market for a Discover card right now but I can't take advantage of it's deals yet.

Trying to decide between Killzone Mercenary or Tearaway. (I know the right choice) Or to just sit on it until the real Black Friday deals come around.

And by that I mean I think I have to get Tearaway now since I played the demo.

I am going to run over to my Local BB at 8am and pick up either the Walking Dead Bundle or the 8GB one. I think I might be better off with the larger card. I have played the game on both XBox360 and PS3 so I won't miss it much.
Yeah that's the dilemma I have, I have walking dead on my PS3, so the extra 4gb card would be better for me, I think. But having the game on my vita would be fun too. Just waiting for the shopdiscover site to come back online.

I am having trouble figuring out your math...
It's pretty easy math.

Tearaway's sale price is $29.99.

Games Club reduces that by 20%, so $29.99 * .80 = $23.99.

Then my state charges sales tax of 6%, so I'd paying $23.99 * 1.06 = $25.43 to Best Buy.

BUT Discover has two Cashback promotions running now. One is extra cashback on purchases through the Discover card online store (ShopDiscover). For Best Buy, its 10% cashback instead of the usual 5%. They're also doing 5% cashback on ANY online purchases (up to $1500 in purchases, total). The promos stack, so the total cashback is 15%.

So $25.43 to Best Buy, but I get 15% returned to be on the backend. $25.43 * .85 = a net of $21.62.

You can use Discover CashBack to pay for Amazon purchases, so its as good as cash for me.

Trying to decide between Killzone Mercenary or Tearaway. (I know the right choice) Or to just sit on it until the real Black Friday deals come around.

And by that I mean I think I have to get Tearaway now since I played the demo.
You also have to get Tearaway because Mercs will be $20 at GameStop on BF. No other known sales on Tearaway :)

It's pretty easy math.

Tearaway's sale price is $29.99.
Games Club reduces that by 20%, so $29.99 * .80 = $23.99.
Then my state charges sales tax of 6%, so I'd paying $23.99 * 1.06 = $25.43 to Best Buy.

BUT Discover has two Cashback promotions running now. One is extra cashback on purchases through the Discover card online store (ShopDiscover). For Best Buy, its 10% cashback instead of the usual 5%. They're also doing 5% cashback on ANY online purchases (up to $1500 in purchases, total). The promos stack, so the total cashback is 15%.

So $25.43 to Best Buy, but I get 15% returned to be on the backend. $25.43 * .85 = a net of $21.62.

You can use Discover CashBack to pay for Amazon purchases, so its as good as cash for me.
Ah it was my error. You did math the (easier) other way, haha. It's late...

You also have to get Tearaway because Mercs will be $20 at GameStop on BF. No other known sales on Tearaway :)

Honestly, I had told myself that the only games I was going to buy this Black Friday were Remember Me and Killer is Dead (assuming they get to around $15 or so new). But then Tearaway came out. (Plus it looks like I'll be able to beat it over the holiday weekend and turn around and sell it/trade it in.)

Plus this one dollar I have on this Best Buy gift card is just burning a hole in my pocket!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Discover thing will also work on the early Black Friday sales event on the 25th.  The TLoU/B:AO bundle PS3 comes out to about $180.  I'm really, really hoping they get PS4's back in stock online or for in store pickup before the promotion ends. :whistle2:o

$20 for rachet and clank nexus, with 20% off with gamers unlocked, pretty much the same as k-mart sale
Better than the Kmart sale which is $20 flat.

Holy cow with discount tearaway is only 23.99

Obviously this game screams ps+ freebie in 6 months but I want to support the vita!
That's my only hesitation but at least it's a steep discount and two days after release. At least it's a physical game so if it does hit PS+ it's got the ability to be moved.

What is the difference between the walking dead and reg vita. the reg has 8gb card and the walking dead has 4gb. So with the walking dead you get the game and the other has 4 more GB on the card, right?

Just checked my email and saw that Gamefly actually sent me Tearaway. Now I'm debating on whether or not I should cancel my order.  I want to support the developer, but from what I've read this is a short game with not much replay value.  I suppose it's best to cancel and save my money for better deals, right?

Placed an order for the wifi/3g 8gb vita bundle, not sure if that or the walking dead bundle was a better choice. The walking dead bundle I could have just picked up in store while the other bundle I have to wait a bit for.

Just checked my email and saw that Gamefly actually sent me Tearaway. Now I'm debating on whether or not I should cancel my order. I want to support the developer, but from what I've read this is a short game with not much replay value. I suppose it's best to cancel and save my money for better deals, right?
What does your inner cheapyD say?

That's my only hesitation but at least it's a steep discount and two days after release. At least it's a physical game so if it does hit PS+ it's got the ability to be moved.
Roll with it! The discounted Vita titles are all published by Sony, as opposed to third parties (which is why we're not seeing Injustice in the mix, it's a WB pub). This is part of a marketing push. Sony's probably giving inventory credits to Best Buy so the sale makes sense economically, even for a brand new title.

I'd play and trade out. It'll end up being a cheap PS+ sale or even a freebie at some point. It's so family friendly that I wouldn't be surprised if they evergreen it. But that's the future. It's a great price for now --- at least if you believe Metacritic. I do, so I'm snapping it up.

Anyone know why the GCU discount isn't being taken off for me? I signed up on Friday and I checked the MyBestBuy page and it says I'm a member.

im getting ratchet and clank and tearaway. i really am happy that it went on sale to stack with the 20%off and with that it also makes ratchet and clank cheaper than kmart !

To sleep on it. The only other thing I was going to buy is another year or two of PS+ but I can be a sucker for those really good deals.
Really good deal that shows support for the platform. Strong opening week sales for Tearaway will help us get more first party games for Vita!

The deal page says buy 2 get 1 on preowned but they arent ringing out properly in the cart.
It's glitchy right now. I had to go back to my cart a few times and resign in a few times before the buy 2 get 1 free would show correctly. Pain in the butt, but was worth it for Fire Emblem, Zelda, and Mario/Lugi Partners for $47.68 shipped.

Really good deal that shows support for the platform. Strong opening week sales for Tearaway will help us get more first party games for Vita!
Listen to this man!!! Us Vita owners need to support this game. Its a mind blowing deal if you're a GCU member. This game just came out two days ago, and got glowing reviews. Can't believe I got it for 26 bucks.

I better not see Tearaway cheaper than $23 over the black Friday weekend or ill be a really pissed off veteran CAG member.

Plonked down my credit card info..... walking into BB in the morning after the GCU discount comes out to $25 with tax.

i fixed the problem lol. to think i was getting ready to get ratchet and clank at kmart. thanks to bestbuy i saved like 5$ and change ! tearaway was a super surprise as it just came out but yes everyone try the wonderfull demo and support this game !!!!

Seems like Best Buy's system is being wonky about applying the Gamer's Club discounts, so be careful- I've had to log on and off a few times to get it to apply (and had to cancel one order that I didn't pay attention that it didn't apply at the last step!).

Ratchet and Clank seems to be going in and out of stock, too..

Thanks OP. There are some decent deals there.

That new Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus just came out on recently, and it was already on the cheap with a $30 MSRP. To see a sale this quickly is great! It's a shame that good games like that, and Tearaway, will be overshadowed so much by the new console launches.

I would like to also point out that physical copies of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus come with free codes to get Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty on PSN, so that's a nice little bonus! (link for confirmation) I think I'll go ahead and pick this up for 20 bucks, now I just need to find something [useful] for $5 to get the free shipping.

Thanks OP. There are some decent deals there.

That new Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus just came out on recently, and it was already on the cheap with a $30 MSRP. To see a sale this quickly is great! It's a shame that good games like that, and Tearaway, will be overshadowed so much by the new console launches.

I would like to also point out that physical copies of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus come with free codes to get Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty on PSN, so that's a nice little bonus! (link for confirmation) I think I'll go ahead and pick this up for 20 bucks, now I just need to find something [useful] for $5 to get the free shipping.
why not do instore pickup and save the 5$ ?

bread's done
Back