Amazon Prime Deals Thread

KevinMassacre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I cant find anything using the search engine. From time to time I search amazon for cheap games that are eligible for amazon prime. Usually these games have a low number of copies available, but nonetheless still cheap for CAG's with amazon prime memberships. I basically just want to post links to games I find and the number of copies available at the time of the find. Hopefully enough members are interested and the thread thrives. Due to the overwhelming number of items that go in and out of stock, updating this OP will be nearly impossible. This is basically a "right place at the right time" kind of thread. The best way to utilize this thread would be to start at the most recent post and work backward. Some items posted could have as little as 1 left in stock.

F.A.Q

Q. What is amazon prime?

A. Amazon Prime is a membership program that gives you and your family unlimited fast shipping, such as FREE Two-Day shipping and One-day shipping for $3.99 per item on all eligible purchases for an annual membership fee of $79. Eligible customers can try out a membership by starting a free trial.

Q.Whats the difference between "sold by amazon" and "fulfilled by amazon"???

A. Items sold by amazon are brand new and factory sealed (unless otherwise specified) and are covered by amazon's terms of service and return policies. Items fulfilled by amazon are sold by a third party through amazon and could be brand new, refurbished, pre-owned, etc. Please do your research: check original seller feedback, reviews, policies, TOS agreements etc.

Q. What is Amazon Student?

A. Amazon Student is a free membership program created especially for college students. Amazon Student members receive benefits such as one full year of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, and e-mail alerts for discounts and promotions. You only need a valid student (.edu) e-mail address to sign up.

Links
:

Amazon
Amazon Prime
Amazon Student

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gotdott']This is nice but you should probably considering just editing your op and adding whatever you find to that post.[/QUOTE]

This, once this thread gets longer it'll be a real pain to search through pages. I do like the idea though OP. I hope you keep it updated. thanks:applause:

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Great deal on Genji, if I didn't have so many unplayed games I would have gotten it.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing.
And thanks OP, this is a great thread idea.

[quote name='gotdott']This is nice but you should probably considering just editing your op and adding whatever you find to that post.[/QUOTE]
I disagree, they go in and out of stock too fast and sometimes change to a higher price. He would have to constantly be updating the OP. It would make more sense for this thread to be like the Warehouse Deals thread.

Thanks for the tips guys! The only reason I didnt just update the OP is because the limited number of items in stock go out at anytime. I figured this way CAG's could see the timestamp of the post, plus if a deal only has , say 2 or 3 in stock, the post will also bump the thread. I'm always open to suggestions, I love this community!!!!!

[quote name='htown01']Add
:360:Alone in the Dark for $6.21 and
:360:MotoGP 09/10 for $8.79

both sold by HubbaGames, Fulfilled by Amazon.

I agree with gotdott; edit the OP with all the finds :) Thanks.

Just curious, will you be maintaining this throughout the rest of the year?[/QUOTE]

I will maintain the thread as long as people are interested and contributing finds. I follow this site daily and I am always browsing around amazon between home and on my phone. I like giving back to the community that has helped me get so many deals over the years.

I would just update the OP and put a day/time in parenthesis next to the entry to show when the price was added/updated. Each game having its own post is pretty ridiculous.

darn it why did you post the genji deal i was waiting to get my trade in credit from amazon then i was gonna pick that up. Now its gonna sell out if i dont buy it ( i have to use real money now)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I would just update the OP and put a day/time in parenthesis next to the entry to show when the price was added/updated. Each game having its own post is pretty ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Works perfectly fine with the Amazon Warehouse topic.

[quote name='TraBuch']Works perfectly fine with the Amazon Warehouse topic.[/QUOTE]

Fine for who? I like the idea of the topic but I don't check it due to it being so unorganized that it doesn't work for me. I have no issues looking at back posts for info, but when each item has its own post the thread gets large very quickly.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Fine for who? I like the idea of the topic but I don't check it due to it being so unorganized that it doesn't work for me. I have no issues looking at back posts for info, but when each item has its own post the thread gets large very quickly.[/QUOTE]

I actually very much prefer the method the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread uses, as opposed to the ones that toss everything in the opening post.

I find it much easier to just hit the link that views the last page of a thread and work my way backwards. That way I know I'm seeing only the most current stuff and not having to wonder what is still a live deal and what is dead when looking at the overwhelming mess original posts like that tend to become.

And... in for a copy of Genji. Thanks OP.

The op should probably be more specific in detail too that "Eligible for Prime", doesn't mean it's sold directly by Amazon, so just as a warning to people.

I'm sure at some point, people will start complaining about quality, re-wrapped items, and other stuff that they will try and blame on Amazon themselves, but at least they have been forewarned.

But I can see it working out, but this thread can go a bit crazy, when games change by like 20 cents, and then somebody feels they need to repost, and may cause a lot of repeat posts, and lots of people complaining it's already posted. To be perfectly frank though, that happens in every other thread anyways, so meh :D

[quote name='KevinMassacre']I will maintain the thread as long as people are interested and contributing finds. I follow this site daily and I am always browsing around amazon between home and on my phone. I like giving back to the community that has helped me get so many deals over the years.[/QUOTE]

Good to know :) I'm pretty sure there will be a group of consistent contributors à la AWDs thread.

Yeah, scott_matthews and Donkey132 make a good point

[quote name='Donkey']...they go in and out of stock too fast and sometimes change to a higher price. He would have to constantly be updating the OP. It would make more sense for this thread to be like the Warehouse Deals thread.[/QUOTE]Updating the OP with recent finds doesn't seem like a good idea now. I forget some of these games are available in limited quantities. But I would still recommend you update the first OP with useful information: FAQs, placing a notice that the OP will not be updated with recent finds, etc.

:360:Blue Dragon for $9.45 (Toys Diva) Only 7 LIS & $9.46 @ Big Game Vendor Only 8 LIS

I definitely value everyone's input. As for now it is just too overwhelming to update the OP with as fast as items go in and out of stock and prices change. Its really just a thread for people to submit links to on the fly. I guess you could say its being in the right place at the right time online. I just figured this is better than creating a new thread everytime I see a cheap game eligible for prime. Besides, I think this is the kind of topic that appeals to the more "hardcore" CAG's who have a much better idea/understanding of what this is and arent gonna cry a river over a 20 cent price increase of a title......then again I could be proven wrong.

This thread will be mostly low stock items that sell quickly or change prices constantly.

Unmaintainable for one man to do manually. Might work if CAG had a wiki feature or it could be scripted somewhat.

As it is though the AWD thread format is the only thing that will work.

Updating the OP with recent finds doesn't seem like a good idea now. I forget some of these games are available in limited quantities. But I would still recommend you update the first OP with useful information: FAQs, placing a notice that the OP will not be updated with recent finds, etc.

:360:Blue Dragon for $9.45 (Toys Diva) Only 7 LIS & $9.46 @ Big Game Vendor Only 8 LIS[/QUOTE]

I like this idea. I will update the OP with a little more info on Prime, the difference between sold by and fulfilled by amazon, etc. since I have the day off of work tomorrow, as for now I am slowly dozing off.

I'm guessing a link was posted for the Genji deal and then removed? I saw all these references to a Genji deal and wasted time trying to figure out what everyone was talking about. I suggest marking the deal dead rather than deleting it. If that's too much trouble, just leave it - we can figure out on our own that it's dead.

What was the deal/price, anyway?

[quote name='gantt']I'm guessing a link was posted for the Genji deal and then removed? I saw all these references to a Genji deal and wasted time trying to figure out what everyone was talking about. I suggest marking the deal dead rather than deleting it. If that's too much trouble, just leave it - we can figure out on our own that it's dead.

What was the deal/price, anyway?[/QUOTE]

Hair under $7 shipped.

[quote name='gantt']I'm guessing a link was posted for the Genji deal and then removed? I saw all these references to a Genji deal and wasted time trying to figure out what everyone was talking about. I suggest marking the deal dead rather than deleting it. If that's too much trouble, just leave it - we can figure out on our own that it's dead.

What was the deal/price, anyway?[/QUOTE]

sorry didnt mean to delete the link. The deal is dead, but Here it is for $6.61 with 3.99 shipping NEW (a little more than 3 dollars above the original deal): http://www.amazon.com/Genji-Days-Blade-Playstation-3/dp/B000JLIXI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1300261525&sr=1-1

bread's done
Back