Amazon Prime Members get 20% off Games from Pre-orders and New Releases

Jeff Jr.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didn't see this posted.

Prime Members get 20% off New Releases and Pre-Orders till 2 weeks after releases Date. 

http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=13584215011

Prime Exclusive Savings 20% off new physical video games during pre-order through two weeks after release Discount will be applied automatically at checkout Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon Offer will be automatically extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it isn't available nationwide yet but since I'm in a Prime Now area, my Street Fighter preorder just shipped out today for same day delivery by Amazon Logistics.

Have a simple question. Is it reasonable to expect a 20% additional discount on the sale price? 

I cancelled SFV, and behold, it's $49.99. I saw it coming.

Primers only receive $2.00 additional because the 20% comes off the $59.99 price point, or MSRP.

The point of the Prime discount is to give users an additional edge vs. the regular consumer. Am I correct? 

Have a simple question. Is it reasonable to expect a 20% additional discount on the sale price?

Primers only receive $2.00 additional because the 20% comes off the $59.99 price point, or MSRP.

The point of the Prime discount is to give users an additional edge vs. the regular consumer. Am I correct?
I mean, it's right in the terms and conditions:

"2: The 20% discount applies to an item's List Price and does not apply to an item's already discounted price."

You're pretty much describing Best Buy's GCU, which apparently Amazon didn't want to match entirely. It seems like they got sick of seeing people cancel preorders with them so this was the best thing for them to fight it.

I mean, it's right in the terms and conditions:

"2: The 20% discount applies to an item's List Price and does not apply to an item's already discounted price."
That's why I asked of reasonable expectation. Because if I purchased it yesterday (in which I did but cut it because of the possibility of today) I would be bothered and in addition the discounts of being a paid member should reflect the price on hand rather than MSRP. That's why it's limited to newer releases.

That's why I asked of reasonable expectation. Because if I purchased it yesterday (in which I did but cut it because of the possibility of today) I would be bothered and in addition the discounts of being a paid member should reflect the price on hand rather than MSRP. That's why it's limited to newer releases.
For me, it's reasonable to expect what's listed in the terms.

I view this as a nice bonus to Prime, which I wasn't receiving until recently. You're still getting the game cheaper than what it's listed for, and Prime isn't the same as GCU.

For me, it's reasonable to expect what's listed in the terms.

I view this as a nice bonus to Prime, which I wasn't receiving until recently. You're still getting the game cheaper than what it's listed for, and Prime isn't the same as GCU.
No big deal. Either way, I'll wait since SF V doesn't release until March.

Don't take this the wrong way guys, but if you are waiting for the first update in March just to get the game, the game is probably not for you. Neither will it be a game for you in June or ever. 

All they are adding in is Alex DLC (which is pointless if you don't like the game now anyway), a game store (again, not for casual fans), a simple tutorial mode (somewhat helpful, but not a main draw) , challenge modes (a little better, but still not what fans are asking for), and 8 player lobbies (which aren't what casual fans want anyway, because the main complaint is the lack of offline content).

The June story mode thing is only 1-2 hours long, and mostly likely will be half-assed. 

Main point is, if you are expecting heavy single player content to be added in over the course of the game's lifetime, it probably isn't going to happen, no talks of an arcade mode yet, or if the story mode has any replayabilty.

So you are either better off getting Mortal Kombat X XL, waiting for Guilty Gear Revelator/Blazblue Central Fiction, or waiting until the game hits 20$.

Bottom line is, the game isn't worth paying more than $20 for, if you haven't bought it already, or if you don't want it at this stage. I actually like the game a lot though, but I just simply love the mechanics of fighting games, so I'm the exception that willingly takes it up the ass from Capcom... and yes... it hurts...

There are still benefits to preordering a game. First you are getting the discounted price. Second you are getting whatever preorder incentive the business gives, in this case for SF you got the M.Bison Battle Costume as well as the digital comic or whatever. If you bought SFV now you would have to pay the additional $2 and you wouldn't get any of those incentives.

Pro tip, a lot of times ppl will pay upward amounts for exclusive costumes. I sold the M.Bison costume on eBay for $35. There are ways to lower your costs, you just need to figure them out.

Don't take this the wrong way guys, but if you are waiting for the first update in March just to get the game, the game is probably not for you. Neither will it be a game for you in June or ever.

All they are adding in is Alex DLC (which is pointless if you don't like the game now anyway), a game store (again, not for casual fans), a simple tutorial mode (somewhat helpful, but not a main draw) , challenge modes (a little better, but still not what fans are asking for), and 8 player lobbies (which aren't what casual fans want anyway, because the main complaint is the lack of offline content).

The June story mode thing is only 1-2 hours long, and mostly likely will be half-assed.

Main point is, if you are expecting heavy single player content to be added in over the course of the game's lifetime, it probably isn't going to happen, no talks of an arcade mode yet, or if the story mode has any replayabilty.

So you are either better off getting Mortal Kombat X XL, waiting for Guilty Gear Revelator/Blazblue Central Fiction, or waiting until the game hits 20$.

Bottom line is, the game isn't worth paying more than $20 for, if you haven't bought it already, or if you don't want it at this stage. I actually like the game a lot though, but I just simply love the mechanics of fighting games, so I'm the exception that willingly takes it up the ass from Capcom... and yes... it hurts...
I understand, but I was victimized by multiple games, games in which I loved. WWE 2k15, MKX to name just a couple. I hate to buy games at launch now only to bore with the early stuff by the time the extra stuff releases. I bought season passes for each of those and ended up not playing any longer past the 1st dlc. I'm just scorned by that stuff now. My favorite part of MKX was the story however, I barely played arcade mode and here comes the 2nd dlc pass.

Now, If I'd paid cheaper for those games, then I wouldn't have a gripe. But to pay full price plus some for games that I in the end threw cash away on isn't something I want to repeat again. So enter SFV, a game that was released "incomplete". I did initially buy the CE, but then I'd still need the SP, so I cancelled. I bought the disc alone yesterday, but cancelled because of the chance of the game dropping in March to grab more adopters for the added content. Then comes today.......

I understand, but I was victimized by multiple games, games in which I loved. WWE 2k15, MKX to name just a couple. I hate to buy games at launch now only to bore with the early stuff by the time the extra stuff releases. I bought season passes for each of those and ended up not playing any longer past the 1st dlc. I'm just scorned by that stuff now. My favorite part of MKX was the story however, I barely played arcade mode and here comes the 2nd dlc pass.

Now, If I'd paid cheaper for those games, then I wouldn't have a gripe. But to pay full price plus some for games that I in the end threw cash away on isn't something I want to repeat again. So enter SFV, a game that was released "incomplete". I did initially buy the CE, but then I'd still need the SP, so I cancelled. I bought the disc alone yesterday, but cancelled because of the chance of the game dropping in March to grab more adopters for the added content. Then comes today.......
Games depreciate in value and cost. It's nothing new. It seems like you may be better off just waiting until games hit bargain bin prices. GOTY and complete editions have become more of a trend over the last few years. If you have a backlog, then hold off on games like Fallout 4 when a GOTY is inevitable.

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-6-Xbox-One/dp/B01CHU4JF2/

Resident Evil 6 for Xbox One is up for preorder, but the 20% Prime discount isn't applying... Any reason it wouldn't be eligible?
Sometimes it take a couple/few days for it to be applied to new items. Previously, if you had an item that didn't have the discount on it and pre-ordered it, you'd end up with a doubled discount, or 40% off. Not any more, as it seems. Sometimes, it's not applied automatically as well. I'd wait for it to show up in the price and then pre-order it.

Pro tip, a lot of times ppl will pay upward amounts for exclusive costumes. I sold the M.Bison costume on eBay for $35. There are ways to lower your costs, you just need to figure them out.
My favorite and best "pre-order" item was the Hyrule Warriors Pre-order bonus at Amazon. It was for costumes from Twilight Princess I believe. I paid $60 for the game, and the pre-order bonus went for $140 on Ebay. I have no idea why it was so high, but there were others selling for $150+, so I listed mine at 140 and it sold the same day. Crazy!

It's one of the best co op games out there. If you plan to play co op it's definitely worth $16. It's worth $16 regardless IMO.

It's one of the best co op games out there. If you plan to play co op it's definitely worth $16. It's worth $16 regardless if you weren't a sucker who bought the 360 and/or PC versions.
FTFY. They've gotten my money twice now, they're not getting it again. It isn't like RE4 (which I've bought FOUR times now).

I remember RE6 being super long. Could have been due to me playing it coop so I couldn't play it everyday but the game is not short.

Is resident evil 6 a good game? Never played on PS3.
I thought it was awesome honestly. Cool characters, over the top action, great setpieces, incredible production values, just an all-around blast to play. There are four separate campaigns that each last around 6 hours, so it's a long game. The QTEs were annoying, but it sounds like they're making some tweaks to the remaster to smooth over some of that stuff.

Thanks for all the input on RE6. I may just wait for Black Friday for all of these like I usually do for remasters.

Didn't see anyone mention this but the Amazon Prime Store Card gives an extra 5% back.  Given that you save a dollar  in gas compared to driving to BB, plus you dont have to pay the $30 GCU membership (assuming you are a Prime member anyway).  It's getting closer.  If you're a real cheapass you can even get a dollar in XBL credit by choosing the no rush shipping.  Plus not having deal with BB clueless sales people ... priceless.

Ooo it got a release date?! :D/

I think if they hadn't promised it to us like two or three years ago we may not have gotten it at all.
I think you might be right about that ... guessing Nintendo of America didn't realize exactly what it was going to be back when they announced it. Fortunately for us we're still getting it. Can't wait to play it this summer, looks really cool.

I think you might be right about that ... guessing Nintendo of America didn't realize exactly what it was going to be back when they announced it. Fortunately for us we're still getting it. Can't wait to play it this summer, looks really cool.
What little I watched when it came out in JP looked excellent. I think they were hoping SMT4 would be a little more impactful and FEA was still the hotness.

Just looked at my discounted pre-order with BBY and boy I hope they update it like they did with FE Fates to the new listing because it currently leads to a non-existent item.

I'm a little let down by how the game doesn't resemble the Fire Emblem games at all (never got into the more niche anime games, though Persona 3 and 4 weren't bad), so I'm probably not going to order it, myself. That, and I saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE​

Well it's SMT x FE which means SMT is the lead game.  So it's going to be styled and have gameplay more in line with SMT.  How can this not get you going though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA

Well looks like I am not getting GCU cause Amazon is doing 20% off the new Nintendo selects!! today is a good day

Yeah, I was hoping to get these digitally, but the savings makes it worth it to preorder from Amazon. I just got a 3DS, and have not played either of these games (yes, not even Zelda - I have never been a Nintendo guy), so to get both for $32 is a steal.

Does the 20% off still apply if you preorder when you're a Prime member but when it releases, you're not a prime member anymore?
Preorder many games as much as you can when you have PRIME. 20% Discount & Free shipping still stuck with your account after your PRIME is over.

lol my PS3 pre-order of "Last Guardian" from 2009 never got the 20%. Before anyone asks, yes I know it's not coming out for ps3 anymore. I just like having it sit in my account since they don't charge until it ships. I wanna see how long until either last guardian comes out or they cancel the order.

lol my PS3 pre-order of "Last Guardian" from 2009 never got the 20%. Before anyone asks, yes I know it's not coming out for ps3 anymore. I just like having it sit in my account since they don't charge until it ships. I wanna see how long until either last guardian comes out or they cancel the order.
Haha. Thought I was the only one to have an open order with PS3 Last Guardian in it from 2009. Looks like it will be there forever. We'll see.

bread's done
Back