AMAZON: Samba De Amigo (Wii) $19.99

I think it's a universal drop. Gamestop has it for $19.99 on their website as well. I ordered my copy from there on Black Friday.

Sigh-- I knew this would drop fairly fast but figured it would go to $29.99 for at least a little bit instead of straight to $19.99... but no, like a doof I bought anyway (at least I got in on the Best Buy $5 maraca deal)... It's really not as bad as all the reviews say-- my family actually played a bit over Thanksgiving and everyone really enjoyed it. There are problems with the game (the dots are kind of hard to see at times and the sensitivity can be a bit wonky) but for $19.99 it's really good, especially if you never got the chance to play the DC original.

You don't need the maracas, but they can help because they give you feedback when you're shaking hard enough...

[quote name='Wario64']That was quick. kinda funny that the cost of the controllers almost equal the game.[/quote]

lol thats what i was thinking too..
icon_smile.gif

The reviews that I've read about the game make it almost seem like the control scheme's broken. They commented about how the Wiimotes couldn't pick up certain motions especially at the more insane levels. Can anyone who owns the game attest to that?

Nice to see it $20 universally, now, time to wait for a sale so I can get this for like $10.
Def doesn't even seem to be worth $20..

wow it went down so fast. i got it for 29.99 with $10 best buy gift card some weeks back tho, so i guess i got a good deal too. yeah the controls get really frustrating sometimes. i spent like 5 minutes trying to get past the initial calibration thing. i had to search on google how you should shake to the left/right. i might've been dumb but i really tried a lot to do it correctly the first try. when u finally get used to it tho, its a pretty fun game with friends. dont do it alone lol. $20 is ok for this game.

Wow, this was actually the only decent deal that GS/EBGames had on BF on a new title, and all they did was jump the price drop by a few days. Glad I skipped it. I wasn't going to buy this anyway, but might have except for Amazon's deals.

I'll be tempted to see if this drops during any pre/post X-mas sales. If not, I have a $5 RZ certificate that I'll gladly use toward this.

i picked this up a while ago....it is horrible in comparison to dreamcast version... I will stick to my maracas over the wii motes

[quote name='KiySeph']I think it's a universal drop. Gamestop has it for $19.99 on their website as well. I ordered my copy from there on Black Friday.[/quote]

Shows as $40 for me. I'd bite on this if it is Universal, once Canada follows suit (normally takes a few extra days)

[quote name='PikaPichu']The reviews that I've read about the game make it almost seem like the control scheme's broken. They commented about how the Wiimotes couldn't pick up certain motions especially at the more insane levels. Can anyone who owns the game attest to that?[/QUOTE]

The controls are broken. They're slow to react, which makes playing on easy and normal a chore, and playing on hard and super hard literally impossible. I bought it for $20 at Gamestop on Black Friday, and regretted it after my first play. As a big fan of the DC game, disappointment abounds.

Sold it on Ebay for $28, though.

[quote name='lilboo']Nice to see it $20 universally, now, time to wait for a sale so I can get this for like $10.
Def doesn't even seem to be worth $20..[/quote]Same for me. I'd like to try it but not for $20.

bread's done
Back