Amazon - select games on sale + $10 gaming credit

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
all games on Amazon with a credit

EDIT: SOME titles include a restriction in the promotional code which only allows you to receive ONE promotional credit for an order, no matter how many qualifying purchases you make in that order. For example the game Glory Of Heracles states in the promotional offer: "Orders with multiple qualifying items will only receive one promotional code."

EDIT 2: The promotional video game credits you receive with the sale games POSSIBLY WILL NOT STACK. (need some verification on that still)

Titles on sale with a credit include:

Super Street Fighter IV PS3 - 29.99
God Of War 3 - 44.99
Splinter Cell Conviction - 44.99
Glory Of Heracles - 12.99
Mass Effect 2 - $44.99
New Super Mario Brother Wii - 34.99
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom All Stars - 44.99
Dantes Inferno PS3 and Xbox 360 - 44.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Will Amazon price adjust if you bought a game recently? I'm thinking I could try to make a few bucks back on Super Street Fighter IV.[/QUOTE]

The one time that I called about that (Mass Effect 2) the game dropped $10 between when I ordered it and when I called which was like 2 days and even though I hadn't even gotten my package yet she said I was s.o.l I asked if I could just return it and buy it at the cheaper price and she said that wasn't a problem but that they would deduct $5 for the return shipping fee so I just hung up.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']The one time that I called about that (Mass Effect 2) the game dropped $10 between when I ordered it and when I called which was like 2 days and even though I hadn't even gotten my package yet she said I was s.o.l I asked if I could just return it and buy it at the cheaper price and she said that wasn't a problem but that they would deduct $5 for the return shipping fee so I just hung up.[/QUOTE]

If you are ever in that situation again, you can re-order and just refuse delivery on the first package. It may end up taking longer to get the refund, but you won't get charged extra for shipping.

[quote name='bredbu']i just talked to someone at amazon and she said these credits are not stackable, when i said that other people are getting them to stack she said she would like to know there usernames so that they can look into that and fix it :( lol crazieness i think these promos are just as useless as gamestops[/QUOTE]

Weird that they say they wont stack, have always stacked for me.

I have had codes stack before. Talked to 3 reps and escalated to a supervisor. All told me the same thing. In the terms it does say one per order. That is what all of them kept quoting. My argument was it doesn't state you are limited to one code per new order you place. Supervisor agreed with me but said nothing she could do. So pretty much SOL.

[FONT=&quot]Quote: It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com

Would Ms points, 12 month live or anything other than a game disk be considered "video game product"?

Thanks ----> I've never gotten a 10$ credit from amazon before
[/FONT]

[quote name='John187'][FONT=&quot]Quote: It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com

Would Ms points, 12 month live or anything other than a game disk be considered "video game product"?

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Should be

I don't understand why they only allow you 1 code per order.
It doesn't even make sense, since you can just order one game after the other
and get all the credit(different games of course), so why not have them all combined in the first place..

I guess there just hoping that people don't read the details and make the mistake
of ordering multiple things at once.

[quote name='kiribee']I don't understand why they only allow you 1 code per order.
It doesn't even make sense, since you can just order one game after the other
and get all the credit(different games of course), so why not have them all combined in the first place..

I guess there just hoping that people don't read the details and make the mistake
of ordering multiple things at once.[/QUOTE]

....cause they want to avoid resellers.

it wont even let you use 2 codes together when your buying something. That doesnt really effect resellers, only consumers.

i wanted the 3 codes i got to put towards mod nation racers so i could get it for like 30 bucks, but i guess thats not happening.

So instead i did 3 seperate orders for 10$ psn cards. with amazon prime which i have all of them come out to 0 dollars so i turned my pointless amazon coupons into 30 dollars psn credit :) so im happy after all!!

[quote name='bredbu']it wont even let you use 2 codes together when your buying something. That doesnt really effect resellers, only consumers.

i wanted the 3 codes i got to put towards mod nation racers so i could get it for like 30 bucks, but i guess thats not happening.

So instead i did 3 seperate orders for 10$ psn cards. with amazon prime which i have all of them come out to 0 dollars so i turned my pointless amazon coupons into 30 dollars psn credit :) so im happy after all!![/QUOTE]

Not that I dont believe you, but can others confirm this? They better not start doing this for pre-orders also. How dumb. I one starred my thread for that. I don't recommend buying this crap. Too many people do and they decide this is acceptable when I dont think it is at all. I'll start buying from Walmart or waiting for price drops before I buy credits that wont stack.

It would have been fan-fucking-tastic if Amazon had laid this out clearly in the terms.

[quote name='mitnosi']Weird that they say they wont stack, have always stacked for me.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Granted I placed this order a while ago with all my promo credit from last year, but still...

When you're checking out it never gave me the option of just using one credit towards a future purchase. Under your CC info in the checkout process it just gives you one box to check that says "You have $xx of promotional credit that can be used towards this purchase" or something like that and it always combined my credits, even if I didn't want to and wanted to spread them out.

[quote name='John187']Would Ms points, 12 month live or anything other than a game disk be considered "video game product"?[/QUOTE]
They should be. If you're not sure, put the item in your cart and start checking out like you would normally and at the final confirmation screen you should see the amount of your credit taken off. If not, the item is not applicable.

if anything, i think it only applies to the gamestop matches they have done. i highly doubt you will no longer be able to stack the preorder bonus credits.

[quote name='John187'][FONT=&quot]Quote: It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $10 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

They do work with MS points and 12 month xbox live BUT they have to be the shipped versions meaning you can't use them on the email codes for some reason.

Seems like others are having the same problem as me. I should have $20 total in video game credit, but can currently only use $10. I got the credits three days ago from two separate orders, each of which included $10 credits. At first, I thought that one of my credits wasn't actually given. After reading through this thread, maybe they no longer stack?

[quote name='Peanut932']Seems like others are having the same problem as me. I should have $20 total in video game credit, but can currently only use $10. I got the credits three days ago from two separate orders, each of which included $10 credits. At first, I thought that one of my credits wasn't actually given. After reading through this thread, maybe they no longer stack?[/QUOTE]

best way to check would be to make a preorder (using the $10 you can see) and then make another order and see if a second credit shows up. and then you can always cancel the preorder.

[quote name='y2jasper']best way to check would be to make a preorder (using the $10 you can see) and then make another order and see if a second credit shows up. and then you can always cancel the preorder.[/QUOTE]

I thought the credits were non-returnable. Are they returnable for pre-orders, and non-returnable for in-stock orders?

[quote name='Peanut932']I thought the credits were non-returnable. Are they returnable for pre-orders, and non-returnable for in-stock orders?[/QUOTE]

As long as they arent expired and your order hasnt entered the shipping phase, you can cancel your order and the promo credit will go back to your account immediately.

[quote name='ShockandAww']As long as they arent expired and your order hasnt entered the shipping phase, you can cancel your order and the promo credit will go back to your account immediately.[/QUOTE]

Thanks; that's good to know. :)

just remember that you can't cancel if your order consisted of multiple items and one has already entered the preparing for shipping stage.

does anyone know if you can get credit for a game you had already purchased in the past? I order NSMB when Amazon first matched the gamestop deals. I placed the game in my cart and went to checkout. There was a notice about the credit too but not sure if I really would get it.

I asked about the stacking issue & my promo credit balance. Like I thought, I really do have $20 in credit. The response seems to imply that they're supposed to stack, but it doesn't say it in exact words.

Hello,

I'm sorry for the problem you had with your promotional balance.

I checked your account and confirm that the promotional balance in your account is $20.00

Your available promotional certificate balance appears in the payment section when you place an order, you'll see eligible funds automatically applied. The balance doesn't appear in Your Account (you'll only see the gift card balance there).

You'll find complete guidelines for using your promotional funds here:

http://www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate

If the $20.00 promotional balance doesn't apply while placing the order, please contact us through phone, so that one of our representatives will assist you.

Here are our Customer Service Department phone numbers:

U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072

International: 1-206-266-2992

Customer Service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

as far as i can tell the pre order games are supposed to stack wheras the ones they price matched gamestop with like new super mario bros and glory of heracles will not stack

bread's done
Back