Amazon sells "Pedophiles Guide," internet about to boycott

[quote name='cindersphere']It's post like dabamus' that make me lose hope in humanity. I mean it's basically built on Nazis censored books (through fir), Amazon censors book, censorship leads to Amazon becoming Nazi's. I mean if the government was coming into the whole equation I would be worried, but this was a private company pulling something that was starting to hurt its business. I agree the book was horrible and am personally glad it was removed, but to move from a relatively isolated incident to hinting that this is the first step to killing a million Jews is a fucking disgusting way for someone to object to the pulling of this book.[/QUOTE]

This.

Also Unclebobs rule proved to be true. Amazon had three categories of people 1) people who would get mad if they sold the book 2) people who would get mad if they pulled the book 3) people who don't know or don't care either way

Obviously the third group is by far the largest, but the 1st group proved to grow and cause Amazon more trouble than it was worth to keep a crappy self published book on their service.

Do all of you get this mad when certain retailers made a concious decision not to sell playboy? OMGZ cencorship! that persons freedom of speech is being infringed on because a company decides not to carry their product!

Ridiculous.

Ah, yet again the Polk County Sheriff in Florida decides to take matters into his own hands.

It's not even election time. He must either really be desperate to get into the national spotlight again if he's just randomly decided to go ahead and ask for the guy to be arrested.

Note: I'm not exactly a fan of Grady Judd. In fact, I highly dislike much of what he does.

[quote name='chatgirl4']Colorado officials have arrested the "dude" who wrote the book:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/20/florida.obscenity.arrest/index.html?hpt=T1[/QUOTE]

It was bullshit when Max Hardcore went down in this fashion and it is still bullshit now.

Judd said he was frustrated that Greaves' book was protected under freedom of speech laws, even though it was created "specifically to teach people how to sexually molest and rape children."

"There may be nothing that the other 49 states can do, but there is something that the state of Florida can do ... to make sure we prosecute Philip Greaves for his manifesto," Judd said.

This state is mostly a shithole and I love how they will use TAX DOLLARS to bring this guy (who doesn't even live here) to "justice"

"The message is very clear: If you write a book, if you sell that book, if you transmit that book to anyone in our jurisdiction, then we will investigate you and arrest, because our goal is protect the children," the sheriff said.

Where's that gif of that massive eye rolling smiley vomiting out a hundred smaller eye rolling smilies?

In an interview today, the author at the center of a controversy about Amazon’s sale of a self-published pedophile’s guide told TSG that he has sold exactly one copy of the book and revealed that he was involuntarily hospitalized following a “mental breakdown.”

Noting that, “I have what they call manic depression,” Phillip Greaves, 47, said that he himself was not a pedophile and that “the best advice I can give a pedophile is accept that masturbation is your best friend.” Greaves’s book, “The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure: A Child-Lover's Code of Conduct,” last week became available for download in the e-Book format. It costs $4.79.

Speaking from his Colorado home, Greaves said that he was introduced to sex at age seven by a 10-year-old girl. “I learned about oral sex that day,” he recalled. Greaves said that he continued to engage in sexual activity with other children until he was 15, when “my father put the fear of God in me to stop. Most of the children I was with were younger than me at the time,” said Greaves, who is pictured above.

Asked if he had engaged in sexual acts with children as an adult, Greaves first answered “could have,” before stating flatly that he had not engaged in such illegal conduct.

Greaves denied ever being arrested, but revealed that his mental troubles “came to a head about three years ago” when he suffered a “mental collapse.” At the time, Greaves said, he had been working as a nursing home aide.

The breakdown was so severe, said Greaves, that he was involuntarily hospitalized for about nine months, and spent some of that time in a state mental facility. When he emerged from that hospitalization, Greaves recalled that he decided to go back to writing, which he first started doing while in eighth grade.

His pedophile’s guide is a byproduct of that recommitment to craft.

Greaves, who has also recently self-published several other titles available on Amazon, said that he was unaware of criticism of the pedophile book beyond some negative comments posted to the Amazon sale page. He said those critiques were based only on the book’s title since, “I’ve sold one copy so far.”

This guy doesn't help the stigma of bi-polar people.

bread's done
Back