Amazon Sent Me Clearly Repackaged BluRay as NEW!

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
photobucket-6116-1321309033519.jpg

I can't even begin to express my disappointment in Amazon. You can clearly see DEEP cuts into the case and what the photo can't really show is that the shrinkwrap is NOT cut, meaning this was knowingly repackaged and sold as new. The security tape is missing from the top and no slip cover was included. Unbelievable. Keep in mind this was sold and distributed by Amazon, not fulfilled from another seller's stock. Buyer beware, American Beauty was the title I purchased after waiting forever for the price to drop. This will mark the third time I've had to swap out a damaged BD for another through Amazon, so it's getting a little old.

I want the trustworthy company I used to know back. :\

The four movies I just received from Best Buy, Bolt 3D and Toy Story 1-3 3D didn't have security stickers on them anywhere either.

They didn't have the cut in the packaging you displayed in your picture above, though I can't imagine how my four movies were also repackaged by the same logic of no security sticker.

A number of movies I've purchased recently have been minus the security sticker as well.

This happened to me once before with the X-Men trilogy. They sent me one that had Amazon stickers underneath the terrible shrinkwrap job. In addition, either one or two of the blu-ray cases inside was smashed on the corner. Same thing, shipped and sold by Amazon. I wonder how that happens at their warehouse.

[quote name='shrike4242']The four movies I just received from Best Buy, Bolt 3D and Toy Story 1-3 3D didn't have security stickers on them anywhere either.

They didn't have the cut in the packaging you displayed in your picture above, though I can't imagine how my four movies were also repackaged by the same logic of no security sticker.

A number of movies I've purchased recently have been minus the security sticker as well.[/QUOTE]

Are all four movies the 4 disc and did u buy them in the store or online

[quote name='starmask2k3']Are all four movies the 4 disc and did u buy them in the store or online[/QUOTE]They were the 4-disc/5-disc versions (3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC) and they were bought from BestBuy.com.

Again, I've had movies without security stickers bought from Amazon, Best Buy (online and in-store) as well as Target (in-store) and Walmart (in-store and online).

[quote name='shrike4242']They were the 4-disc/5-disc versions (3D BD / 2D BD / DVD / DC) and they were bought from BestBuy.com.

Again, I've had movies without security stickers bought from Amazon, Best Buy (online and in-store) as well as Target (in-store) and Walmart (in-store and online).[/QUOTE]

They were sold has new when they are used did u try to return them or exchange them

OP you think that's bad?? Amazon sent me a razor scooter with sneaker prints on it!!!:hot: Clearly it was a used one.

[quote name='starmask2k3']They were sold has new when they are used did u try to return them or exchange them[/QUOTE]They weren't used. Jodou's picture shows it's obviously been used because of the cut under the shrinkwrap.

The ones I bought weren't used and were clearly new. No reason to exchange them or return them when they weren't used and other ones on the shelf looked just the same way.

I've also noticed that many new releases no longer come with any security stickers at all. And I've had Amazon send me clearly used blu's as new before also; including one that had finger prints on the disc and no inserts which is the only one I had them replace as I wanted the DMR points code.

I don't think it was used or anything, some moron probably opened the box they were shipped in with a box cutter and slashed it and they just re-wrapped it. Still, I totally agree the OP, they shouldn't send those to customers.

The thing is a lot of people probably wouldn't care so they figure they can just take the chance and ship them like that.

I just bought Harry Potter Part 2... crappy shrink wrap, and no security tape. But it has to be new, it was shipped prior to release.

[quote name='roymustang']I don't think it was used or anything, some moron probably opened the box they were shipped in with a box cutter and slashed it and they just re-wrapped it. Still, I totally agree the OP, they shouldn't send those to customers.

The thing is a lot of people probably wouldn't care so they figure they can just take the chance and ship them like that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, but dang, if I expected a slipcover and the cover got cut, I'd return it and complain regardless if it was actually used or not.

That looks just like the copy I purchased at Wal-Mart from the $10 bin, who knows where the cut came from though. I wouldn't expect a slip from a movie that's been out for over a year, you can hope but you get what you get. This is why I just picked it up from Wal-Mart instead of Amazon.

Well, it's a good thing Amazon has amazing customer service and will let you return it without any hassle. Maybe even tell them this is the X time this has happened and they might throw in a promo credit?

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Well, it's a good thing Amazon has amazing customer service and will let you return it without any hassle. Maybe even tell them this is the X time this has happened and they might throw in a promo credit?[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you complain or whine too much to Amazon they will give you a lifetime boot.

[quote name='megma42']^ not in my experience.[/QUOTE]

It's happened to someone on here already (here is the thread) and if you do a little searching on Google you will find it has happened to lots of other people. Of course it hasn't happened to most people but it is something to consider when returning merchandise to them or contacting customer service too often.

Blu rays get repackaged all the time by the studios due to new promotions, new inserts or updating the discs with new trailers and such. The OPs disc was probably a studio surplus, it was sent back to the packaging plant, opened for some update (this is probably where the cut on the case came from), repackaged and sent out to Amazon.

[quote name='Rozz']It's happened to someone on here already (here is the thread) and if you do a little searching on Google you will find it has happened to lots of other people. Of course it hasn't happened to most people but it is something to consider when returning merchandise to them or contacting customer service too often.[/QUOTE]

I still don't believe that thread... I think the OP did a lot more to piss off amazon that much.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I still don't believe that thread... I think the OP did a lot more to piss off amazon that much.[/QUOTE]

I never believed it or thought we got the whole story to begin with. What whoasaywhat seems very plausible though, I know retailers have in fact done this type of stuff. It would also explain why there were no American Beauty's at Wal-Mart with slipcovers when I used to see them there all the time.

Most of American Beauty's release post-Slipcover is packaged like that, OP. My local Wal-Mart's entire stock was like that.

Slipcovers are a limited time thing. Some last a week (Walking Dead), some last months (American Beauty), but they all eventually do go out of production.

As for newer releases shipped that way.. I've seen it, not often, but I've seen it. It's really annoying.

[quote name='thegreek']OP you think that's bad?? Amazon sent me a razor scooter with sneaker prints on it!!!:hot: Clearly it was a used one.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Not all blu-rays have security seals on them anymore.

I bought some blu-rays about a month ago from Amazon, and when they arrived thought they were reshrinks because of the shrinkwrap and absent security seal, so I ordered one from Best Buy, and wouldn't you know it, it arrived the exact same way without the security seal, so it wasn't anything to do with Amazon.

Just return it, complain to Amazon, and receive your actual new copy.

Now, if this was a constant problem with Amazon (rather than a once-a-year thing), I'd be worried.

[quote name='dualedge2']Just return it, complain to Amazon, and receive your actual new copy.

Now, if this was a constant problem with Amazon (rather than a once-a-year thing), I'd be worried.[/QUOTE]

As simple and as smart as this. ;)

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Blu rays get repackaged all the time by the studios due to new promotions, new inserts or updating the discs with new trailers and such. The OPs disc was probably a studio surplus, it was sent back to the packaging plant, opened for some update (this is probably where the cut on the case came from), repackaged and sent out to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

exactly. this happens ALL the time

[quote name='dualedge2']Just return it, complain to Amazon, and receive your actual new copy.

Now, if this was a constant problem with Amazon (rather than a once-a-year thing), I'd be worried.[/QUOTE]
It has become a problem this year. Like I said, this is the third time I've had to replace a BD they've sent me damaged. Never had a single problem in the past like this.
[quote name='ssjmichael']looks like it dropped another $.50 today too lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah, saw that. fuckers lol.

Also, I'm not saying that the security tape was a dead giveaway guys. No, the literally gashed case and cut allllllllllllll the way down the back cover (we're talking into the cover insert itself deep) pretty much removes any doubt. I'm tired of having to complain for a replacement and I can't understand why this has become such common practice for Amazon.

getting worried about this issue also, i think those "like new" trade ins are being sold as new, games alike, ie gamestop selling opened items as new, wtf, keep it sealed dam it, you paid for new, now give me new, factory sealed new, new car smell new, new born new, out of the cargo shipment from japan new, brand spanking new, 3011 in the far future new

Hmm, I just got a blu that looked repackaged... opened it up... sure enough, still left over plastic underneath from the original wrapping. However, there seemed to be enough of it left to make it kind of stick when I opened it. Who knows...

You should check to make sure all the bits are still on the Blu-rays.
If there are any missing, you should contact Amazon CS and have them send you the missing bits.

I'm really not surprised. I've probably gotten around 5 or so games and movies with cuts that go through the clear plastic AND cover art. About a week ago they also sent me a "new" book that was written in with a water spot on the cover. Just today I received a book with a dirty slip cover. I once received a re-packaged PSP game that had the cover art upside down that I bought as "new". Repackaging non new items by Amazon probably happens more than you think. New should mean new.

To add closure to this, my replacement copy came in the same sketchy shrinkwrap but was at least in acceptable condition. My copy of Pulp Fiction also arrived today sans the slipcover. Sigh, it's getting to the point where I can't trust Amazon to ship me any BDs if I want them to be new and complete.

[quote name='Jodou']It has become a problem this year. Like I said, this is the third time I've had to replace a BD they've sent me damaged. Never had a single problem in the past like this.

Yeah, saw that. fuckers lol.

Also, I'm not saying that the security tape was a dead giveaway guys. No, the literally gashed case and cut allllllllllllll the way down the back cover (we're talking into the cover insert itself deep) pretty much removes any doubt. I'm tired of having to complain for a replacement and I can't understand why this has become such common practice for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Be careful - too many complaints and they will no longer allow you to order from them.

Choose your battles...

I received a bunch of bloos lately that were repacked as well. I know this because when I took the saranwrap-type wrap off the case there were pieces of cellophane from the original wrapper still left behind.

No biggie to me, though. The cases and discs were pristine. Also, as some mentioned sometimes they get repacked by the manufacturer. At the time, I just chalked it up to the original wrap was damaged in transit or when opening the case of movies with a box cutter and Amazon re-wrapped the discs.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Be careful - too many complaints and they will no longer allow you to order from them.

Choose your battles...[/QUOTE]
Oh yea... I remember in 2008 they banned a whole bunch of people. I think I saw a thread here recently as well where this guy took advantage of their generosity and was banned.

I won't get into the banning thing because it's way overblown at this point. I will say that surrendering your rights as a consumer out of fear is the worst thing you can do.

I just received inglorious bastards and it is clearly not new the disk has a few light scratches and fingerprints. WTF is amazon turning into gamestop where they try to sell used as new?

Amazon has no qualms with reselling returns as new. They're not quite as bad as gamestop, which CLEARLY sells traded-in games as new (I'm not sure which is my favorite: the NEW sticker over the USED on the case or the NEW item that was disc only...), but returns are a different story. I've gotten a few items from them that were obviously returns before.

bread's done
Back