Amazon: SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/ plush $36.99

Got 40xxx since I cancelled and re-ordered like 5 times. I actually asked a clerk friend of mine at a nearby GS if I could see the numbers on the one or two extra Raiho packages they had, and one of them was something pretty low, like 4700-ish. I was tempted to buy it and return my Amazon one just so I could say I had a sub-5000 copy :p

I wonder what the deal is. I got a 4-digit number (5xxx) through Amazon and from what I remember in this thread, it seems like a 5-digit number is the norm. And I waited a little while before ordering, too.

[quote name='helmet']As expected, the box took a nice beating before it made it to my doorstep. :D[/QUOTE]

Was it this bad?

DSCF3005-1.jpg

DSCF3006-1.jpg

DSCF3007-1.jpg

DSCF3010-1.jpg

Yikes Shady. I'm glad that mine arrived unscathed. Still, I'm looking to play mine, so it wouldn't really have mattered in the end so long as Raiho and the game were undamaged.

Are those your pics?

damn, that's bad. I ordered 2 (in 2 separate packages) and they both came out just fine.
was your outer box crushed? From the first and last pics it looks a little off, but to have damaged the game box like that...
devil_summoner2.jpg

[quote name='thelonepig']Yikes Shady. I'm glad that mine arrived unscathed. Still, I'm looking to play mine, so it wouldn't really have mattered in the end so long as Raiho and the game were undamaged.

Are those your pics?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, they are. However, Amazon is being super awesome and replacing it at no charge. They even sent it with two day shipping which would have been awesome if Monday wasn't a holiday.

[quote name='wasabi5858']damn, that's bad. I ordered 2 (in 2 separate packages) and they both came out just fine.
was your outer box crushed? From the first and last pics it looks a little off, but to have damaged the game box like that... [/QUOTE]

The outer box was pretty beat up as well. It even had tape around it that seemed to have been put on by UPS during transit. The box was also way too big and the only padding inside was paper and it was only around the game.

Hopefully, Amazon will stop using that kind of packaging in favor of those fill air bags. Those things are awesome. Everything I've ever received has been in nothing less than pristine condition when they use those as well as a fitted box for the package.

Shady, that would have outraged me. But I'm happy to hear Amazon is going to replace it. That is why Amazon is awesome. Are they letting you keep the damaged copy?

hmm, this is how mine both came in
nothing on the top/bottom but just enough air bubble so that it doesn't move around much.

devil_summoner2_box.jpg

glad to hear that amazon is replacing it. do you get to keep the crushed one? :)

[quote name='cranguy']Shady, that would have outraged me. But I'm happy to hear Amazon is going to replace it. That is why Amazon is awesome. Are they letting you keep the damaged copy?[/QUOTE]

No but I'm cool with that. The return is free as well, so I don't mind.

[quote name='wasabi5858']hmm, this is how mine both came in
nothing on the top/bottom but just enough air bubble so that it doesn't move around much.

glad to hear that amazon is replacing it. do you get to keep the crushed one? :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Mine came nothing like that at all. The box was three times the size of the package and no real padding except for being wrapped in brown paper. I was expecting something like yours to show up, but I was shocked when I saw this huge, mangled box.

As for keeping the crushed copy, boy do I wish. That would make me want all my orders to get damaged. ;)

Mine came shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard and put in a box. I don't remember if there was paper to pack mine in, though, but it arrived just fine. I thought they wouldn't go the shrinkwrap-to-cardboard method since this item was large but they did.

Mine was in a huge box packed with paper as well. The plastic display box is a little scuffed up and one of the corners is crushed.

Mine was also stuck to a slab of cardboard and shrinkwrapped, unable to move at all. Looks like some of you guys got shortchanged on the packaging from whatever warehouse your games came from.

[quote name='aegisol']Mine was also stuck to a slab of cardboard and shrinkwrapped, unable to move at all. Looks like some of you guys got shortchanged on the packaging from whatever warehouse your games came from.[/QUOTE]

That's how mine was packaged and shipped, and it came in perfect shape.

I ordered it a couple of days ago and Amazon says it will come on 27th so hopefully I will be done with school work by then. I really want to get into the SMT games because they seem right down my alley when it come to weird and epicure games.
+ I love the art style.
With some Graduation money I might pick up Persona's 3 & 4, and if I really want to I might also get SMT: nocturne.

Cardboard shrink wrapped also. Weird thing is, I got one with NO number on the back. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah. Mine was loose only wrapped around paper. If it had been shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard, it most likely would have survived transit.

[quote name='Flash Strife']Cardboard shrink wrapped also. Weird thing is, I got one with NO number on the back. Anyone else have this problem? Anything I should do?[/QUOTE]

No number? I think that's a good indication that these are going to be limited at all... they're probably planning on including the plush with every single copy even after the first print.

You really think they're going to waste the money to manufacture another batch of plushes for a small reprint of an already small release? Why?

[quote name='pete5883']You really think they're going to waste the money to manufacture another batch of plushes for a small reprint of an already small release? Why?[/QUOTE]

Do you really think they're wasting money on this? If it wasn't profitable, why would they include the plush in the first place? And what would sell more, a $40 game without a plush or a $40 game with a free plush?

Atlus knows what it's doing... they know they have a hot item on their hands and they've already proven that they no longer have any intentions to make the Raiho plushes "ultra limited" as they originally claimed because they know they can make money off of it. Sure, they're not making as much money on each copy due to the special packaging but they're moving more units so they can make more money with higher sales.

I'm sure they'll stop giving away the producing the plushes soon but I don't think they stopped after the first batch. The initial print might have been small but with all the positive reviews and everything thinking "OMG, this'll be rarez!!!", they probably produced more than one batch.

Just a heads up I made more than 1 order for the game and the first order was the unnumbered one. Got another one later that was numbered so it may have been a error. Question is what should I do with that unnumbered one? Keep it? Send it back? Sell it on ebay as a rare manufacturers error? :p

Just checking in with #37341 here, via Amazon. It took its sweet time getting here, but thankfully it was packed securely enough so that the box didn't sustain any damage (I know that some of you guys have not been as lucky, unfortunately). Now, up on the shelf with ye...

[quote name='Flash Strife']Just a heads up I made more than 1 order for the game and the first order was the unnumbered one. Got another one later that was numbered so it may have been a error. Question is what should I do with that unnumbered one? Keep it? Send it back? Sell it on ebay as a rare manufacturers error? :p[/QUOTE]

It was probably a error then. As for which to keep, it's hard to say...

[quote name='Vinny']Do you really think they're wasting money on this? If it wasn't profitable, why would they include the plush in the first place? And what would sell more, a $40 game without a plush or a $40 game with a free plush?

Atlus knows what it's doing... they know they have a hot item on their hands and they've already proven that they no longer have any intentions to make the Raiho plushes "ultra limited" as they originally claimed because they know they can make money off of it. Sure, they're not making as much money on each copy due to the special packaging but they're moving more units so they can make more money with higher sales.

I'm sure they'll stop giving away the producing the plushes soon but I don't think they stopped after the first batch. The initial print might have been small but with all the positive reviews and everything thinking "OMG, this'll be rarez!!!", they probably produced more than one batch.[/QUOTE]
I didn't say their initial run of plushes is a waste of money, I'm saying doing a tiny 2nd run of plushes, in the future, would be a waste. The thing had a print run of, assumedly, less than 50,000 copies, and it hasn't even sold out. And probably never will.

I ordered two of these from Amazon and both came completely smashed (plastic was bent in, plushie not in position, etc.). What gives? Usually Amazon is God-like when it comes to their shipping. I'm debating whether I should return it or not, seeing as I may very well get another smashed one. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='goomba478']I ordered two of these from Amazon and both came completely smashed (plastic was bent in, plushie not in position, etc.). What gives? Usually Amazon is God-like when it comes to their shipping. I'm debating whether I should return it or not, seeing as I may very well get another smashed one. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]

Yes, several folks have had this problem. See the previous posts, some with photos of the damage.

I got mine on the 21st as predicted by Amazon's FSSS. The plastic holding the plush came upward, but the game and plush are in position just fine. I think I was in the 24K range.

I got mine from amazon in the largest box ever. I swear, 4 of them couldve fit into the box. I only ordered one from amazon and preordered one from gamestop.

I got #'s 25018 and 30084. Sometimes I'm picky about numbers but I don't mind these.

I had 3 in one order and they all came bundled together as one with cardboard and shrink wrap also in good condition apparently. Can only see 2 of the serials since one set is in the middle but they are 5289 and 5296. Middle box is also upside down. Can take pics if you guys want.

[quote name='Flash Strife']I had 3 in one order and they all came bundled together as one with cardboard and shrink wrap also in good condition apparently. Can only see 2 of the serials since one set is in the middle but they are 5289 and 5296. Middle box is also upside down. Can take pics if you guys want.[/QUOTE]

Pics please:bouncy:

[quote name='bssybeep']Is the plush still available? I clicked the Amazon link and it only shows the game w/o the plush.[/QUOTE]

good question, i want to know the answer to that too...

[quote name='s2k']Pics please:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']do you guys think it's safe to put the plush in the washer/dryer. :X[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't, just to be safe. =P

[quote name='bssybeep']Is the plush still available? I clicked the Amazon link and it only shows the game w/o the plush.[/QUOTE]
taquil.jpg

Holy $#*@ really?

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']do you guys think it's safe to put the plush in the washer/dryer. :X[/QUOTE]

How did you soil that thing so quickly? Or do I want to know?

[quote name='Josef']How did you soil that thing so quickly? Or do I want to know?[/QUOTE]
Body fluid...
Apparently he's been drooling on it :drool:

Ordered mine on the 18th and got the Raiho plush, so they should still be shipping them with the plushes.

bread's done
Back