Amazon Star Wars: Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition $32.99

Thanks TC! I've been eyeballing this game...good to know it's dropped even more! Only problem is that I want Dragon Age (since it dropped to $49.99) or to buy the Left 4 Dead series, as well. That, or I'm just thinking of waiting until BF...as I have a feeling Amazon will have deals for all these games.

It's weird - I totally would have pulled the trigger on this if the ECA codes were working. But my motivation to buy it without that 10% off has just evaporated.

[quote name='luxarific']It's weird - I totally would have pulled the trigger on this if the ECA codes were working. But my motivation to buy it without that 10% off has just evaporated.[/QUOTE]

Hahah, I thought I was strange for feeling the same way :p

PS: Woot! Woot! NoVA!

Warning about the 360 version: The 360 version is two disks. The main content is on the first disk + extra costumes. The bonus missions are on the second disk, no way to copy them to hard drive. So, if you want to play the bonus missions, you have to put the second disk in.

[quote name='luxarific']It's weird - I totally would have pulled the trigger on this if the ECA codes were working. But my motivation to buy it without that 10% off has just evaporated.[/QUOTE]I feel the same way also, I have hardly ordered any games from amazon since the ECA 10% is gone. None as a matter of fact.

[quote name='luxarific']It's weird - I totally would have pulled the trigger on this if the ECA codes were working. But my motivation to buy it without that 10% off has just evaporated.[/QUOTE]
Same. That extra boost was enough for me to choose Amazon as my main source for games, even against huge bonuses like TRU w/ the $20 giftcard for B:AA.

The PC one is just two dollars more:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-For..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1257909413&sr=8-3

As far as I know it has no activation (NOT 100% sure though).

[quote name='dchrisd']Warning about the 360 version: The 360 version is two disks. The main content is on the first disk + extra costumes. The bonus missions are on the second disk, no way to copy them to hard drive. So, if you want to play the bonus missions, you have to put the second disk in.[/QUOTE]

Huh. Thanks.

I don't know WHAT to do. I played it this summer on Xbox. The controls worked well for it, and the game is PHENOMENAL IMO...but I'm not sure what system to rebuy it for. I want it to be something I'm going to keep forever, because this is something I always want access too. Not sure if I might end up standardizing on one though :whistle2:/

Wolverine I played on Playstation, and thought that pad worked maybe better for that, but this I almost feel like works better on the 360 pad (though maybe I just think that in both cases because that's the one I played it on, and they both control great :lol: )

Surprised and pleased to see it's hitting OS X too! Not used to that happening (although probably it'll need higher end hardware to run well, but still, very cool). Just awesome if you dig Jedi/Sith.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I feel the same way also, I have hardly ordered any games from amazon since the ECA 10% is gone. None as a matter of fact.[/QUOTE]

Just put in your basket and ask the CS to put it into your existing preorder that has ECA codes applied on it. That way you'll get the ECA discounts.

I want it buy don't know if its worth it just for the extra mission I'm finishing the first one on the 360 now

Question, this game comes with the steelbook casing yes? I saw the tin box in GS, but i'm not sure it's GS exclusive or not (i don't think there's an exclusive version, but i could be wrong).

[quote name='Serpentor']Question, this game comes with the steelbook casing yes? I saw the tin box in GS, but i'm not sure it's GS exclusive or not (i don't think there's an exclusive version, but i could be wrong).[/QUOTE]
Yes, all come in a steelbook case and includes an exclusive art card + art booklet displaying all ten. I got lucky and got the art card for the cover art, which is sick.

^ oh cool, thanks man... I didn't know about the art card, how many different ones? Just curious... it doesn't say much on Amazon's product listing.

[quote name='yuyak']I'm still pissed about the whole "exclusive mission pack" thing. It just penalizes those who bought the original.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel pretty stupid for going to the midnight release now. Granted it was my birthday that week, so that was my excuse for buying a full price game in the first place. I'll try not to make that mistake again.

[quote name='testaroo']Just put in your basket and ask the CS to put it into your existing preorder that has ECA codes applied on it. That way you'll get the ECA discounts.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, you saved me $3 :) I dig steelbook cases, so i went ahead and ordered a copy. I need those trophies anyway and considering the original one is selling at $20-$30 new ($12-$20 used), I rather have the steelbook edition (extra contents and cool case, enough reasons). Thanks again OP.

Ive had this in my cart for a while, see if it goes under 30. But for the DLC and SWEET packaging, $33 is still a great price!

I told myself i wasn't going to buy anymore video games until Black Friday do, ARGH!!!!!!

[quote name='dchrisd']Warning about the 360 version: The 360 version is two disks. The main content is on the first disk + extra costumes. The bonus missions are on the second disk, no way to copy them to hard drive. So, if you want to play the bonus missions, you have to put the second disk in.[/QUOTE]

um... ok? :roll: why is warrant a 'warning'? in case we're too fat to get up? or in case we didnt buy that xbox 360 200-disk-changer?

I ordered this yesterday for $12.99 shipped thanks to my MW 2 credit. I was so happy! This is going to be amazing! I also got 2 day shipping for free. Yay! 360.

[quote name='postulio']um... ok? :roll: why is warrant a 'warning'? in case we're too fat to get up? or in case we didnt buy that xbox 360 200-disk-changer?[/QUOTE]

Post of the day. :lol::applause:

[quote name='postulio']um... ok? :roll: why is warrant a 'warning'? in case we're too fat to get up? or in case we didnt buy that xbox 360 200-disk-changer?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm glad I could help. : )

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TURBO']Where's the PC version?

i thought they said it was coming for PC too :headache:[/QUOTE]

If PC version is a bad port, why get that? It isn't even a direct LucasArts title (its from Aspyr), so I doubt it is getting patched.

And as far as the exclusive level--Is that eventually going to be DLC for those of us that bought the original and the DLC?

It isn't even at GameFly to rent. That smells of conspiracy.

Turbo, I linked to the PC version earlier. It's $2 more (as of yesterday anyway).

I don't care what Gamespot says, and have not visited that site since they trashed Jeff Gerstman and basically the entire staff quit.

IGN gave the PC version the same score as the other two systems and the only comment they really had about it specifically is "it's fine, but doesn't really do anything new over the other two versions".

IMO this is an absolute must play for fans of Star Wars. It's a fun game in it's own right (roughly on par with Raven's Wolverine), and looks phenomenal...but what's really impressive is at least to me this feels like a necessary part of Star Wars, and not the "random side story" that most Star Wars games feel like. It's supposed to be cannon, and actually feels like it's needed in between 3 and 4.

Some of the reviews I read two years ago said just that. I didn't really believe it until a was a ways into it, and had my jaw on the floor the with sheer awesomeness. Of course if for some reason you don't like Star Wars... well at least it's still a fun action game.

Good news for those of us who have credit to burn at Gamestop-the Playstation and Xbox versions are $33 there too! The PC one is more though, the full $40 (not that that's a bad price for the game if you haven't played it).

I had this preordered from Amazon at 36.99. Ordered it way back when the ECA codes were working. Haven't opened it yet, but the metal box is nice. I didn't buy the original version, since I was waiting for this to come out. I played the demo and enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting through this once I'm done with a few other games.

So, this is a price drop then? I'm surprised GS has it for $33 too...

As for people already have the original, i don't think it's a bargain price to upgrade. As for people on the fence to which version to get (Xbox or PS3), i suggest PS3, mainly because no disc change. I know it's not a big deal to change the disc, but since you can't install the content, you're stuck with the only option...

That's fine that you've got the GameSpot hate, but this isn't me just passing on some subjective review. They objectively go into the specific glitches. I for one don't care to support bad PC ports. Maybe IGN missed it? In any case, its too bad it is even a concern.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Turbo, I linked to the PC version earlier. It's $2 more (as of yesterday anyway).

I don't care what Gamespot says, and have not visited that site since they trashed Jeff Gerstman and basically the entire staff quit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Serpentor']So, this is a price drop then? I'm surprised GS has it for $33 too...

As for people already have the original, i don't think it's a bargain price to upgrade. As for people on the fence to which version to get (Xbox or PS3), i suggest PS3, mainly because no disc change. I know it's not a big deal to change the disc, but since you can't install the content, you're stuck with the only option...[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is NOT honoring the online price in store. My wife got it this morning and we opened it to check out the art book and card, so no return, but we later noticed it was 39.99 on the receipt. When I called the store to ask about it they said they do not honor the online price. I'd get it from Amazon.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Gamestop is NOT honoring the online price in store. My wife got it this morning and we opened it to check out the art book and card, so no return, but we later noticed it was 39.99 on the receipt. When I called the store to ask about it they said they do not honor the online price. I'd get it from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well, you can always get the Amazon's copy and return it to the GS... I didn't know it was GS on-line only. Well, my Amazon's copy is shipped, so it's all good. You would have saved me a trip to GS though :)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Gamestop is NOT honoring the online price in store. My wife got it this morning and we opened it to check out the art book and card, so no return, but we later noticed it was 39.99 on the receipt. When I called the store to ask about it they said they do not honor the online price. I'd get it from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Check back in a day or two as stores usually run a couple days behind online prices. At least from my experience with Gamestop. If it drops in store and they refuse to do a price adjustment or return rebuy then buy a new copy at the new low price and return it unopened with the original $40 receipt.

Yeah, I found out about this right after playing through the first release, and sold it for this :lol:

they did that to me with Borderlands as well, it was 49.99 online, and I had to pay 59.99 in store, they said they do not honor their website...

i cant believe a store wont even pricematch their own website, that's rediculous, so i have to order things online now? i can never leave my house? lol. damnit

[quote name='turls']That's fine that you've got the GameSpot hate, but this isn't me just passing on some subjective review. They objectively go into the specific glitches. I for one don't care to support bad PC ports. Maybe IGN missed it? In any case, its too bad it is even a concern.[/QUOTE]

Yeah not just at GameSpot too. Poking around on some forums finds lots of complaints. And not just bugs and problems, but some ridiculous design decisions as well. For instance, the PC port apparently requires 25 GB of hard drive space. :booty:

And there is a patch out, but I'm seeing some complaints there too. Think I would hold off on the PC version until it's patched more... or if it isn't, wait for a bigger discount.

bread's done
Back