Amazon: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium Edition $16 Download

It's been $16 for like a week now. This was one of their "Pre-Black Friday" deals. I'm tempted, but I won't be able to play it anytime soon and I'd rather have it in Steam, so I'll probably hold off for now.

Comes with $5 credit also, but it seems to be on specific games.

• Order this product between now and 11/28/2011 and receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the 2011 bestselling Video Game Download like "Battlefield 3" or "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" in the month of January 2012. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Qualifying codes for this promotion may only be used one at a time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

I ordered my copy on Thurs. Can you save the download so you don't have to re-download it in the future,? :bouncy:

That's a 16GB download

I've been eyeing that for a day or 2 but I'm hoping steam does better or the same. I'd prefer to have it on there.

[quote name='topplehat']It activates on Steam, right?[/QUOTE]

NO!

All Non-Steam versions of The Witcher 2 have NO DRM.
[And yes, Steam is a form of DRM - a mild form of it].

If you want SOME of Steam's benefits [you won't get all], add its as a Non-Steam game.
If you add it as a Non-Steam game, don't expect updates, Steam achievements, and that stuff through Steam.
You can take screenshots and see your Friends list while you're playing it, though.

How big is the download? This is the price I want but I don't want to have to deal with another 24-hour plus download (took me 27 hours to download the 17GB file for DC Universe.)

bread's done
Back