Amazon: Trade in $10 worth of games get $10 bonus credit for preorders Update! Works on Blu Rays and Dvds

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=vg_ti_1010_fb?ie=UTF8&docId=1001227191

Trade in $10, Get $10 Pre-order Credit
Until June 30, 2013, trade in $10 worth of video games, consoles, or accessories and get a $10 bonus credit toward select pre-orders in addition to your trade-in value.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Search for your qualifying item using the search below
2. Select the item(s) you'd like to trade
3. Send in your item(s) for processing following the instructions provided
4. If your trade-in is accepted, the promotion will be applied automatically to your purchase of qualifying video games items

Please see the full Terms and Conditions below. 

Xbox One

PS4

Wii U

Xbox 360

PS3

Update: Looks like Amazon has another promo going at the same time for DVDs and Blu Ray. Trade in $10
in Blu Ray and Dvds and get $10 towards your next Blu Ray or Dvd purchase.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000431151

Last edited by a moderator:
I e-mailed support about trading in two games that add up to $10 to see if that qualifies for this promotion (since I'm trading in Saints Row the Third for $9 and Borderlands GOTY for $3)... I sure hope it does so I can finally pre-order Tales of Xillia.
* sigh * I was impatient so I did a chat with support and they said that the promotion does NOT say that a combined value will give me the extra $10. So I HAVE to find a single game worth $10. Bleh.

Now I gotta find a game that I have that is worth $10 by itself. :(

Well some games that can be found cheap/for less then the TiV at amazon, that are good if your looking to get in on this promo before it expires would be:

Metro Last Light: Good $41.21 (NOT the limited edition, that is about $5 less in TiV)

Bass Pro Shops: The Hunt (360): Good $22.24 (The game only one, the bundle only get's $5) ($19.99 used at gamestop)

NBA 2K13 (Dynasty Edition) (360 OR PS3) Good $75 (NEW at gamestop is only $59.99)

Defiance - Collector's Edition (360, the PS3 one get's $4 less or so) Good - $75 (New $69.99 at gamestop, and not sure if they would take just the game as acceptable - $52.50 like they have listed.)

I e-mailed support about trading in two games that add up to $10 to see if that qualifies for this promotion (since I'm trading in Saints Row the Third for $9 and Borderlands GOTY for $3)... I sure hope it does so I can finally pre-order Tales of Xillia.
* sigh * I was impatient so I did a chat with support and they said that the promotion does NOT say that a combined value will give me the extra $10. So I HAVE to find a single game worth $10. Bleh.

Did you do something silly like oh, I don't know just adding those two to your trade "basket" and going through until it gave you the trade summary? I think it tells you whether you get the promotion well before that but also tells you on the summary if you're getting the promo. Can always go back and delete those games if it doesn't and by far the easiest way to check these things. I would just check myself but it won't show up since I've already claimed my credit.

Well, I bought MLB 2k12 on clearance at Target for this promotion and locked in the trade already.  Unfortunately since I decided to actually play the game first I found myself enjoying it!  Now I'm not sure I want to trade it in.  

I also locked in Far Cry 3 for $21.xx yesterday since I just got a copy last week at Target pricematching when Amazon briefly listed the price at $19.99.  But I do really want to play that as well...good thing this promotion goes until 6/30 gives me a little time to decide.  Maybe I'll snag FC3 again and send that copy off, I would still be making a profit afterall...

That's nonsense and isn't how the promotion reads at all (also amazon promotions have historically used combined multiple item value unless very explicitly specified). My money is on the support person not knowing any better.

That's nonsense and isn't how the promotion reads at all (also amazon promotions have historically used combined multiple item value unless very explicitly specified). My money is on the support person not knowing any better.
Contact them again. When I contacted CS they didn't even know about the promo and kept referring to a DVD/ Blu-Ray promo with the same details. I had cancelled my original trade in to lump together 3 games I am trading in ( I did 3 separate trades to lock in high prices) and the promo wasn't showing up on my trade in the little 1 promotion available part, so they just went ahead issued me my $10 credit without me even shipping the games yet. Also I will be adding to the blu ray / dvd to the OP

You have to trade 50$ worth of movies to get 10$ off. The deal is crap and the OP should update accordingly. Got my hopes up and everything.

You have to trade 50$ worth of movies to get 10$ off. The deal is crap and the OP should update accordingly. Got my hopes up and everything.
Yeah, I was excited to unload all these DVD's I've acquired over the years but that with 25 cent values kills it.

In what order do you have to do these steps?

I locked in my trades and then ordered Killzone. Sent the items, Amazon processed, but no credit was applied to my order.

So I canceled the order, placed a second order for Killzone, and received the credit for my trade--but not for the bonus $10.

Does anyone know if the $10 will be applied "automatically" (like they say in the promo) later?

Thanks in advance.

In what order do you have to do these steps?

I locked in my trades and then ordered Killzone. Sent the items, Amazon processed, but no credit was applied to my order.

So I canceled the order, placed a second order for Killzone, and received the credit for my trade--but not for the bonus $10.

Does anyone know if the $10 will be applied "automatically" (like they say in the promo) later?

Thanks in advance.
Tell them that you cancelled and the promo isn't showing. I did this and they automatically gave me the $10 without even sending my trades.

Would of been nice if DS games applied. Pokemon Soul Silver is like 25 dollars in trade, a extra 10 to X/Y would pay it off.

I just noticed this as well...I'm guessing its a typo, I doubt that page would still exist 3 years later
It's dead, it's not a typo. I don't know how the OP stumbled onto that page but Amazon hasn't run a trade-in promo involving DVDs in literally years. Can't see them restarting one at this point in time.

Ghosts for PS4 has been added, however I don't think it's linked to the promotion. The bonus $10 didn't apply, and I had to have them do it through chat. I also made Helen, the Amazon CS, "lol." That was the highlight of my day.

Has anyone gotten the $10 promotion to work yet?  They finally processed my one trade and I got $17.xx but I tried ordering COD:Ghosts for Xbox One but it's not showing up?  Is there an actual code I should get from Amazon?

Has anyone gotten the $10 promotion to work yet? They finally processed my one trade and I got $17.xx but I tried ordering COD:Ghosts for Xbox One but it's not showing up? Is there an actual code I should get from Amazon?
Yes, there should be an actual promotional thing you have to receive first though I believe others said it goes straight into your account.

If I already have a pending order for one of these pre-order qualified games (Madden 25 - PS4) ...will they apply the credit to my order or do i have to cancel a re-order with the credit?

Man, I just don't know what to use my $10 promo credit on...One of my cardinal rules is to never buy anything at full price except in very rare cases, and there's practically nothing for which I feel comfortable paying $10 less than MSRP other than (possibly) Arkham Origins for :ps3: or Destiny for either :ps3: or PS4, but...I dunno. :whistle2:k

$10 extra for $50 worth of DVDs? W/ todays' trade-in DVD credit I'm thinking about 200 DVDs would need to be mailed into them, that's a pretty big box ;-)

Just as an FYI - Order the PS4 Launch Bundle with Watch Dogs, and added Madden 25... The $10 promo didn't apply. tested on NBA 2k14 (PS4) and Madden 25(ps4) alone and the promo STILL did not apply.  Tested with watch dogs and the prom DID apply. Have to e-mail customer support for them to fix the problem. 

Just as an FYI - Order the PS4 Launch Bundle with Watch Dogs, and added Madden 25... The $10 promo didn't apply. tested on NBA 2k14 (PS4) and Madden 25(ps4) alone and the promo STILL did not apply. Tested with watch dogs and the prom DID apply. Have to e-mail customer support for them to fix the problem.
Well there's no reason it would work on the PS4 bundle.

I sent my trade-in of a Vita portable charger. It was delivered, then sat at processing for 7 days.... I called CS to ask what's up, and they gave me promo credit equal to the TIV + $10 promotion. First time a trade-in I've done that hasn't gone through properly. But all is well.

ha! I sent in a copy of nba street homecourt and NFl 2k-whatever as a trade in for their bundle of the two games for 30$ and it got accepted today! Amazon, why are you so awesome? I need to find more easy trades; time to rack up that credit!

Metro 2033 is now barely under $30 TiV at amazon! MASSIVE jump! Anyone looking for a cheap copy might consider getting a PAL one, as the DISC is region free (the GoD is not however) I'm tempted to roll the dice and see if they accept the PAL copy. It fell into the curse of the first game shooting up in price as the second game out (I remember Mass Effect costing like $45 from game stop when 2 was coming out, wth game stop, wth)

bread's done
Back