Amazon: Trade in $10 worth of games get $10 bonus credit for preorders Update! Works on Blu Rays and Dvds

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=vg_ti_1010_fb?ie=UTF8&docId=1001227191

Trade in $10, Get $10 Pre-order Credit
Until June 30, 2013, trade in $10 worth of video games, consoles, or accessories and get a $10 bonus credit toward select pre-orders in addition to your trade-in value.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Search for your qualifying item using the search below
2. Select the item(s) you'd like to trade
3. Send in your item(s) for processing following the instructions provided
4. If your trade-in is accepted, the promotion will be applied automatically to your purchase of qualifying video games items

Please see the full Terms and Conditions below. 

Xbox One

PS4

Wii U

Xbox 360

PS3

Update: Looks like Amazon has another promo going at the same time for DVDs and Blu Ray. Trade in $10
in Blu Ray and Dvds and get $10 towards your next Blu Ray or Dvd purchase.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000431151

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my trade-in of a Vita portable charger. It was delivered, then sat at processing for 7 days.... I called CS to ask what's up, and they gave me promo credit equal to the TIV + $10 promotion. First time a trade-in I've done that hasn't gone through properly. But all is well.
I may need to do this. They've been sitting on my Pulse Wireless Headset for nine days now.

Contacted CS about the processing delay on my Pulse Witeless Headset. At first the rep. said he couldn't do anything and that, unfortunately, the merchant that receives trades is running behind because of an unexpected influx of stuff. He claimed that the merchant had a month from my shippin date to inspect and accept or reject the trade.

I groused that there's no mention that it may take up to a month for a trade to be resolved and that I would have, knowing that, put it up for sale instead. After a long delay he offered a promo credit equal to the headset's locked in trade value. He didn't plus it up for the pre-order promo, but I was happy to get something and didn't push for it.

Contacted CS about the processing delay on my Pulse Witeless Headset. At first the rep. said he couldn't do anything and that, unfortunately, the merchant that receives trades is running behind because of an unexpected influx of stuff. He claimed that the merchant had a month from my shippin date to inspect and accept or reject the trade.

I groused that there's no mention that it may take up to a month for a trade to be resolved and that I would have, knowing that, put it up for sale instead. After a long delay he offered a promo credit equal to the headset's locked in trade value. He didn't plus it up for the pre-order promo, but I was happy to get something and didn't push for it.
Did you send in the box with it?

I tried adding Killzone, Knack, Infamous and Watchdogs to my cart, and no not all at the same time. The only one the promo showed up on was Watchdogs.

hi raptor!

Hello,

I've checked your account and confirmed that you've $10.00 promotional credit which will automatically apply on video games.

I confirmed NBA 2K14(PS4) edition is not eligible for this promotion. Only PS3 and Xbox games are eligible for promotion.

I've provided the current listing for this item below:

B002BSA18K;     B002I08CSW;     B002I096Q4;      B002I098JE;    B002I0GF72;    B002I0HAZS;      B002I0K2R6;      B003O6CBIG;     B003O6N356;    B004SFXOL0;   B0072A4GRY;    B007UM599I;    B007UM599S;   B007V9QKH0;
B004SG1J8O;     B0050SWBAE;    B0050SWONI;   B0050SX7BQ;    B0050SXKU4;   B0050SXR0M;    B0050SYILE;       B006IOAHPK;     B006IOAHTQ;   B006YDPU48; B0082SI9CS;     B0082SIJLE;      B0086V5V8G;    B0086V5V9A;    B0088MVP2Y;   B0088MVP3S;    B008AU4YEA;    B00946FSIA;      B00946FSJ4;   B00AK4QB22;    B00ALNKHD6;   B00ALNKHDQ;  B00AY1CT3G;    B00AY1CT4U;  B00B5P50EA;  B00B5P50GI; B00B5XAKN8;   B00B5XAKSI;     B00B67ZTUW;   B00B98HBTA;    B00B98HF1O;    B00B98HG18;    B00BAWXCRU;  B00BAWXDJM;    B00BGA9V2Q;  B00BGD6LMG; B00BGHUS3A;  B00BGHUS58;   B00BI83EVU;     B00BJH11D8;      B00BJH11F6;      B00BMFIXEW;  B00BMFIXKQ;   B00BMFIXOW;  B00BMFIXT2;    B00BRQN2EM; B00BRQN2H4;    B00BXE4KVM;  B00BXE4KWG;  B00BXTKJ94;      B00BYDKCZK;    B00C71034I;       B00C7103DO;    B00C7107DU;     B00C710AQO;   B00C710AZ0;    B00CAWFA42;  B00CAY50CW;   B00CD8W81Q;  B00CD90R4K;    B00CD90R72;      B00CEGPXM8;  B00CEJ28JQ;      B00CF7KVGE;    B00CF7KVMI;    B00CLF808G;     B00CLF811W;    B00CMC6HCY;   B00CMC6HZ6;   B00CMD78LW;   B00CMD78O4;   B00CMD7BT6;   B00CPKURSS;    B00CPKUV7K;   B00CPKUV98;    B00CRL9TU2;     B00CTKHYG2;    B00CTKHZH0;    B00CW3E9EQ;   B00CX8VY4S;     B00CX8VYM0;   B00CY92XU0;     B00CY92XUA;    B00CYNTLDS;

I hope this helps. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

I may need to do this. They've been sitting on my Pulse Wireless Headset for nine days now.
Maybe I should grumble and complain since they've been processing my trade for 8 days now when the other one I sent at the same time was received the same day and processed that day too.

I confirmed NBA 2K14(PS4) edition is not eligible for this promotion. Only PS3 and Xbox games are eligible for promotion.
That's odd since the PS4 version was on the promo page.

hi raptor!

Hello,

I've checked your account and confirmed that you've $10.00 promotional credit which will automatically apply on video games.

I've provided the current listing for this item below:

*snip*

I hope this helps. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Well this list will be fun to sift through - there's some weird stuff in there (and it does work):

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-III-Liberation-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B002I0K2R6

Only two next gen games it works on (both Xbox One and PS4) are Watch_Dogs and AC4.  No other titles for those systems on the list from CS.  Pretty messed up promo I reckon.  

Going to contact CS, hopefully they can get it fixed or convert my $10 to a universal credit.  The whole reason I participated was to get PS4 stuff.

they rejected my office season 8. doh. i guess cuz i opened the plastic wrap? idk. but got my 10 pre order credit. put it on dragon's crown with artbook ps3. woot

I know the offer page says this expired on June 30, but I'm surprised to see that the offer page is still up.  Does anyone know if this still happens to be active?  I don't want to submit a game only to find out I don't get a $10 credit any longer.  I'm not sure if it confirms that you get the $10 credit before you send in your trade in.

Thanks!

If you qualify, you would see the promotion with your trade in order. I don't think it's still available. The page is up since people with the promotion credit can still buy the game before Aug 30th.

If you qualify, you would see the promotion with your trade in order. I don't think it's still available. The page is up since people with the promotion credit can still buy the game before Aug 30th.
Yeah, makes sense. Thanks for letting me know! I guess I'm a little too late. Ah well.

I know the offer page says this expired on June 30, but I'm surprised to see that the offer page is still up. Does anyone know if this still happens to be active? I don't want to submit a game only to find out I don't get a $10 credit any longer. I'm not sure if it confirms that you get the $10 credit before you send in your trade in.

Thanks!
I believe it's still up so you can see what games you can select.

My copy of Last of Us was accepted today and in the email it said it was eligible for the $10 promo. So I went to preorder Infamous Second Son and it wouldn't add the promo. Emailed Amazon and the response said since there was already a previous promo added they couldn't add another one. I then chatted with someone and they said that Infamous Second Son wasn't eligible for the promo. When I linked the promo page to the guy he said he would just make the price of the game to $49.99. Bit of a pain but it worked.

My copy of Last of Us was accepted today and in the email it said it was eligible for the $10 promo. So I went to preorder Infamous Second Son and it wouldn't add the promo. Emailed Amazon and the response said since there was already a previous promo added they couldn't add another one. I then chatted with someone and they said that Infamous Second Son wasn't eligible for the promo. When I linked the promo page to the guy he said he would just make the price of the game to $49.99. Bit of a pain but it worked.
Yeah they're execution on this promo, especially with the next gen stuff, has been lacking.

Called CS and after only about a two minute conversation was able to get Killzone: Shadowfall for 49.99. She offered to change the price before I even had a chance to ask her to do it. I tried adding Grand Theft Auto 5 to my cart and it still shows the promo working but just feels wrong to use the code after she lowered the price on another game.  

Seriously?  That is some bait-and-switch BS there.  I traded something I wouldn't have bothered sending in if I couldn't preorder PS4 games with it.  There aren't any PS3/360 games I want to get with this promo.  If they at least had Super Mario 3D World I could do that (since they do have some other Wii U stuff at least).

I guess I'll have to preorder something and then chat with CS - hate having to do that though when it is their fault.

Seriously? That is some bait-and-switch BS there. I traded something I wouldn't have bothered sending in if I couldn't preorder PS4 games with it. There aren't any PS3/360 games I want to get with this promo. If they at least had Super Mario 3D World I could do that (since they do have some other Wii U stuff at least).

I guess I'll have to preorder something and then chat with CS - hate having to do that though when it is their fault.
It's their fault that you didn't check the pre-order eligible items and that there is no game you want to pre-order on the list?

guys I went through the process of having them drop 10.00 on COD:Ghosts for Xbox One.  After that if your still interested in the games that are working with the promotion you can still use the promo.  It's not ideal but you can still use the credit for one of the games that it will work for.

It's their fault that you didn't check the pre-order eligible items and that there is no game you want to pre-order on the list?
Um, no, I think you need to reread the thread. The promo is not working for nearly all the PS4 and X1 games that are listed on the promo page. You have to contact them to get it to work correctly.

Quite contrary to your assertion, I picked out a game and locked in the trade (factoring in the extra $10 or otherwise I wouldn't have bothered) based on the very list itself. There are several things I was considering but none of them work, apparently.

It wouldn't be such a big deal except that Amazon has hidden metrics for customer complaints/CS issues and too many and you might possibly get banned. That was my point - I shouldn't have to contact them (and have it count against me) when it is entirely their fault.

At this point I'm just hoping the list is still up there and hasn't been changed by the time I get my credit (as my game is still on the long, slow process of UPS ground delivery - going on 5 or 6 days now). I guess I should screen capture it just in case but that will make dealing with CS even harder.

Well, I was interested in the $10 bonus credit for trading in movies until every single one I wanted to trade in was either worth $.05 or $.10. I could easily resell them for at least thirty times the amount they're offering me. Sheesh, Amazon, I thought you were better than that.

I wonder if they will fix it on their own before the credit expires don't really want to contact customer service

Basically what he was saying is that they put a number of games on the list that the credit doesn't work for and according to CS wasn't supposed to.

Bummer, my God of War saga was rejected due to it being the wrong edition? Anyone encountered something like this before? Also I'm sure its in good condition. So now I'm screwed of the 10 bucks promo as well. Anyway i can talk to a rep and hopefully get something?

Bummer, my God of War saga was rejected due to it being the wrong edition? Anyone encountered something like this before? Also I'm sure its in good condition. So now I'm screwed of the 10 bucks promo as well. Anyway i can talk to a rep and hopefully get something?
How was it the wrong edition? Did you accidentally trade in the controller bundle or something?

How was it the wrong edition? Did you accidentally trade in the controller bundle or something?
Nope. I got it from the GS sale. I do think that there is two editions though. One with the 30 days ps plus and one without ps plus. I dont know if they have the same or different sku though.

Nope. I got it from the GS sale. I do think that there is two editions though. One with the 30 days ps plus and one without ps plus. I dont know if they have the same or different sku though.
If amazon doesn't list two editions and you are willing to take the time you could probably contact CS about this... tell them you will trade it back in and that you were trading it for the promo. They may give you the $10 promo as video game / software credit instantly.

If amazon doesn't list two editions and you are willing to take the time you could probably contact CS about this... tell them you will trade it back in and that you were trading it for the promo. They may give you the $10 promo as video game / software credit instantly.
Yup that's what i'll do once i get the game back from them. It's better to contact them after getting the game back correct?

Amazon CS updated my order and reduced by $10 !  woot woot  PS4 Watch Dog launch day bundle + Madden 25 for $477.81 (after Trade in credit and $10 Bonus) 

Since they only reduced the order by $10, I could technically still order one of the games that the bonus is working for and the $10 will apply.  But I wouldn't do that. 

bread's done
Back